Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) (74631 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Fayose Arrests Fake Aides Of Buhari [PICS] / Photos: Onyeka Onwenu Meets Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:21am On Aug 21, 2015
Alainitiju.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 21, 2015
[size=13pt]She is CURTSEYING .......which is what well-bred ladies do in the presence of dignitaries of either sex.

Unfortunately, Nigerians seem to have forgotten that.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Rawani: 9:05am On Aug 21, 2015
Lol, this is just the beginning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by SirDorianGray(m): 9:10am On Aug 21, 2015
ebosie11:
Nigerians have taken to twitter to blast veteran Nollywood actress Onyeka Onwenu after she was caught kneeling down begging President Buhari some days after she was accused by ICPC(The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission) of N17 million contract bribe.

The legendary singer some days ago visited President Buhari at Aso Rock Villa,Abuja.While at Aso Villa,she was pictured kneeling down before President Buhari.Also,her Personal Assistant has a corruption case pending in court

Source: http://trezzy2..com/2015/08/nigerians-on-twitter-blast-onyeka.html

But what's the big deal. She's just being African and respectful to Mr. President. It doesn't mean she's begging for a favour. Every woman including our mothers would do the same its just normal.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2015
Hahahahahs....I love this cheesy grin grin
The fear of Change!

#ChangeIsHere#Winks
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Akshow: 11:08am On Aug 21, 2015
Imagine what these Igbos would have said if it was a yoruba woman doing this? Now who is the slave to the fulanis

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by ayaside(m): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Only a blind person will call this kneeling. She's only showing respect to her elder and president...

...People hate for no reason.She is one of the respected mothers of this nation.I have seen pictures of some women kneeling to greet former President OBJ.There is a thing called RESPECT...Sadly,its gradually going into extinction with the present youths.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by NewNigeriaMind: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Funny how an Igbo woman, typically she is a tribalist cum director of a federal government property in Abuja. This tribalist has allocated the whole shops in the establishment to igbos, now she is on her kneels like a slave following Azikwe foot steps to great her Fulani lords who by the way own Abuja.

I am not surprise.

Back to my swimming

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by peeparty(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
na wa for una comment oo
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by EmagNig(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
na strategy
[size=16pt]sexyLADE[/size] says so

NIGERIA'S 1ST e-MAGAZINE? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by watchindelta(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
hahahaha nawaho rare
https://www.nairaland.com/2542244/jonathan-didnt- perform-buhari-must Jonathan didn’t perform but Buhari must prove he’s a saint – Balarabe Musa
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by baloney: 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
To PMB
Lol
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
What is serious about this photo?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
I said it. This woman is AGIP (any government in power).

If you like kneel down forever. If buhari will probe you, kneeling won't stop him.

And buhari will not probe her. So stop whining!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by ElFenomeno1: 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
I don't understand why people are hyperventilating over this issue?
Of all the bullsh'''t going on around the world, this is what some Nigerians want to pick issues with?
Disgraceful lot!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Canonlyget: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hmmmmm! Guess she has EFCC case to answer. This gesture can influence corruption
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
is it not good?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by dust88: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
Oga Madam
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by chynergy1(m): 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
CULTURALLY NOT BAD,
BUT IT IS UNOFFICIAL AND FALL SHORT OF OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED PROTOCOL.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by kingsdem: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
What a shameful exhibition of a woman who refused to settle down with a man as husband. Nonsensical and rapacious old skool
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by darlenese(f): 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
What's wrong in a woman kneeling down for an elderly man , this is Nigeria and we have traditions .
There's nothing wrong.

Bloggers always read meaning to meaningless things

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by ajepako(f): 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
I'm not a fan of Buhari but I dont see anything wrong in the way the woman knelt to greet him

One, he is elderly and we respect and honour the elderly in Yorubaland.

Two, he is the president of a sovereign country and his person and position should be respected.

Even me, his opposer will kneel to greet him as custom demands, for his age and position..

Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Koolking(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
curtsey is a culture in Nigeria last I checked. How is Onwenu's courtesy to president Buhari a misplacement? Indeed, there was a country

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by sucess001(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
[size=18pt]its no biggie na....

When buhari became head of state for the first time, Onyeka was still an upcoming artiste..

Plus PMB is old enuf to be her father...[/size]
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by ihustler(m): 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
I think we will be the force of our own downfall in this country going by the way we approach issues and attach sentiments to moral standards.

Onyeka Onwenu is a Nigerian, PMB is the President, GEJ is the immediate past President.

Overall, The election is over.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by sukkot: 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
ndigbo will not like this picture. ndigbo woman slaving to a notherner grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by movid(m): 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
See ur teeth outside
tunex23:
An Ibo Woman Kneeling down and begging her slave Master fulani....yeebos can do anything for money

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by dust88: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Haba? If na ur mama d hustle n collect cake for ASo-rock u no go mind if she even clean Buhari shoes as she dey greet ooo.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by DJMCOTTY(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Too little details, more pictures..
ebosie11:
Nigerians have taken to twitter to blast veteran Nollywood actress Onyeka Onwenu after she was caught kneeling down begging President Buhari some days after she was accused by ICPC(The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission) of N17 million contract bribe.

The legendary singer some days ago visited President Buhari at Aso Rock Villa,Abuja.While at Aso Villa,she was pictured kneeling down before President Buhari.Also,her Personal Assistant has a corruption case pending in court

Source: http://trezzy2..com/2015/08/nigerians-on-twitter-blast-onyeka.html

https://twitter.com/Ayourb/status/634126270159261696
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
surprize tho she neva greated GEJ like dat but this is baba nah

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by AfroKnight: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is an excessive display of deference if that is what it is. Anyway, considering the scandal trailing this woman we can conclude that this unusual greeting is aimed at more than mere respect for the office of the presidency.

I wonder if she ever greeted GEJ like that when he was president.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Wins Kogi PDP Governorship Primary Election / Buharism: Buhari Appears In The English Dictionary / New Photo Of Ibrahim Babangida As He Returns From Germany

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.