Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) (74626 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Fayose Arrests Fake Aides Of Buhari [PICS] / Photos: Onyeka Onwenu Meets Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Somcrizzy(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
Igbo's worshiping. hausa people since 15A_D

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by sukkot: 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
ndigbos slaving to hausa master since the time of adam and moses and aaron grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by ahamonyeka(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
Fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by timunstopable: 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Last time i checked Onyeka Onwenu is igbo and in the igbo culture they dont greet by kneeling down

i can remember a thread here that an igbo person wondered why yorubas believe kneeling down for elders has anything to do with respect

now pple wana claim igbo kneel down in their culture to free her from her bootlicking

Fact remains this shows desperation from Onyeka owenu

knowing she has corruption cases hanging over her head

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by DJMCOTTY(m): 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
DJMCOTTY:
Too little details, more pictures..
its just Genuflection.....#sharaap!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by mattonnairaland: 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
what is the fuss about a woman showing respect?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
donholy28:
If you look very well u will notice that she was not kneeling down

As in eh, people have been physically blinded by bigotry. That woman simply genuflected to greet Buhari, obviously as a sign of respect, but they are shouting that she knelt down. The woman is short naturally compared to Buhari and all the other men there. If she actually kneels down in front of Buhari, her head wouldn't go above Buhari's tummy, considering Buhari's height. If you also look at that red arrow, you'd see that her knees are well above the floor.
Nigerians are a crazy set of beings, honestly.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by leinadsplus(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
I don't see anything wrong with her greeting style, in Nigeria we greet our elders with respect. The early we start reasoning with our head and get busy with meaningful activities the better for us.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
timunstopable:
Last time i checked Onyeka Onwenu is igbo and in the igbo culture they dont greet by kneeling down

i can remember a thread here that an igbo person wondered why yorubas believe kneeling down for elders has anything to do with respect

now pple wana claim igbo kneel down in their culture to free her from her bootlicking

Fact remains this shows desperation from Onyeka owenu

knowing she has corruption cases hanging over her head

Guy look very well, she isn't kneeling down. She just genuflected. Igbo women genuflect when greeting their superiors, as a sign of respect.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by feeloscar(m): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
donholy28:
If you look very well u will notice that she was not kneeling down
She was kneeling up abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
akinyeleaa:
u spoke ma mind bro. Those idiots saying nothing special asides showing respect should remember dats not how igbos greet on a normal day.

Look at that picture very well. If truly she knelt down, then her knees would have been at the same level with Buhari's feet, since her knees would have been on the floor. We can clearly see her knees, but we can't see Buhari's feet. What does that tell you?
She simply genuflected to greet Buhari, which is the ideal way Igbo girls and women are trained to greet their elders and superiors. You people should stop all these trashy talks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by menxer: 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
Wailers: How are we sure the picture is not photoshoped? grin
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by amusadele: 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
Too many fools in this country. Our culture demands that when a woman greets a senior person, especially when such persons are occupying high positions, kneeling down is regarded as the highest respect. What apc sees is that Buhari is a devil that can do and undo. To people like us Buhari is just a complete Barbarian. He is just one of the animals in human forms who is from a majority ethnic group. His fake popularity is mainly based on the disadvantages of the fact that other ethnic groups are always fooling their selves. Take the south south for example, these people keep surprising me every time. The actual estimates amount to clean up Ogoni s given as $52b and Buhari looked at them throw less than a quarter of that sum to them for the clean up. He is simply calling them fools. They should wait for the sum Buhari will give to the IDPs.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Mekzmoney(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
How do igbos greet on a normal day? undecided undecided

U don't know anytin abt igbo custom. So sharrap and do d right tin.

Besides, yorubas prostrate in greeting.

akinyeleaa:
u spoke ma mind bro. Those idiots saying nothing special asides showing respect should remember dats not how igbos greet on a normal day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Orikinla(m): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
ebosie11:
Another pic

ebosie11:
Another pic
AAAAMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN!
HALLELUJAH!

I was at the event where they were all cursing Buhari.
One of them shouted "God punish Buhari!" and Aunty Onyeka was their cheerleader.

Showbiz Interactive With President Jonathan Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcgsbitrpxU

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by lionduke(m): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
I ran into trouble while on IT at julius berger, ijora Lagos with the yoruba folks cos i wouldn't prostrate to greet them. I think ma Onwuenu is just being respectful to pa buhari as an elderly person. Yoruba`s are just bunch of COWARDLY COWARDS

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by killzone(m): 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
This twitter stuff is getting out of hand.any small mistake nigerians start blasting na wa oo
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by bejeria101(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
Fabrolistic:
Why apc can't be ashamed of buhari's dullness - lai mohammed

Dis gal u go kill persin o hehehe
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Swagt101(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
lionduke:
I ran into trouble while on IT at julius berger, ijora Lagos with the yoruba folks cos i wouldn't prostrate to greet them. I think ma Onwuenu is just being respectful to pa buhari as an elderly person. Yoruba`s are just bunch of COWARDLY COWARDS
For you to curse a tribe really depicts who you truly are, I won't meddle words with you... A wise man doesn't wrestle with a pig... Good day! cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by nwannaeto: 1:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
tunex23:
An Ibo Woman Kneeling down and begging her slave Master fulani....yeebos can do anything for money

grin grin grin grin grin grin
every Nigerian know who the slaves are.we are the rebels

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Swagk101(m): 1:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Akshow:
Imagine what these Igbos would have said if it was a yoruba woman doing this? Now who is the slave to the fulanis
They are so tribalistic

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by viktagorion: 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
Any government in power. (AGIP)

She was ready to 'die' for GEJ.

Not impressed.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Swagk101(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
lionduke:
And yeeboes are?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by nwannaeto: 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
tunex23:
but if she was a yoruba u would have said they are slave to fulani
we know who the real slaves are.awolowo went to ivory coast couple of times begging ojukwu to forgive him.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by nwannaeto: 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
we all know who the real slaves are
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by omenka(m): 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
I don't this woman is kneeling down. How tall is she? Could she be on her knees and still be as tall as she is compared to Baba who is over 6ft??
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by johnnynwa(m): 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
I didn't see anything bad in this unless the runner of this post wants to be mischievous. The normal greetings from an African woman is to bend down before the person she is greeting. Again, Onyeka is presently serving in PMB's government.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by apholaryn: 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
nwannaeto:
we know who the real slaves are.awolowo went to ivory coast couple of times begging ojukwu to forgive him.
bros wake up,its P.m already.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by noblegrex: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Yeahhh! Kings n queen will prostrate n kneel for me too for people to c.so help me God.amen in JESUS Name.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
Somcrizzy:
Igbo's worshiping. hausa people since 15A_D
U bloody pig... What do you mean by that statement. Did your bastard mother and your foolish father not teach you proper manners? You better respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Emilokoiyawon: 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
she needs a ministarial post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buharism: Buhari Appears In The English Dictionary / Dino Melaye Wins Kogi PDP Governorship Primary Election / New Photo Of Ibrahim Babangida As He Returns From Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.