Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) (74627 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Fayose Arrests Fake Aides Of Buhari [PICS] / Photos: Onyeka Onwenu Meets Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by lolu20: 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
it is just a sign of respect.is it dat Nigerian youths of nowadays dope too much that they don't seems to know dat did is respect.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by akinyeleaa: 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Look at that picture very well. If truly she knelt down, then her knees would have been at the same level with Buhari's feet, since her knees would have been on the floor. We can clearly see her knees, but we can't see Buhari's feet. What does that tell you?
She simply genuflected to greet Buhari, which is the ideal way Igbo girls and women are trained to greet their elders and superiors. You people should stop all these trashy talks.
Igbo's don't greet that way, pls. I am presently in a core village in igbo land, Abia state precisely and I gat lot of friends among them. I repeat, they do not greet that way. mind you, I've got notin against Igbos, I love everyone irrespective of tribe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Rotimi47: 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
She have issue with EFCC before the visit now!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
ebosie11:
Nigerians have taken to twitter to blast veteran Nollywood actress Onyeka Onwenu after she was caught kneeling down begging President Buhari some days after she was accused by ICPC(The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission) of N17 million contract bribe.

The legendary singer some days ago visited President Buhari at Aso Rock Villa,Abuja.While at Aso Villa,she was pictured kneeling down before President Buhari.Also,her Personal Assistant has a corruption case pending in court

Source: http://trezzy2..com/2015/08/nigerians-on-twitter-blast-onyeka.html

https://twitter.com/Ayourb/status/634126270159261696
she is not kneeling now
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Jaquar456: 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
ONYEKA ONWENU should have a singular HALL OF SHAME erected in her honor for this act of despicable sycophancy!
All this , just to avoid facing justice for embezzling Public Funds

This is a woman who used to command respect in Nigeria after she did a tv documentary in the eighties called 'A squandering of Riches' in condemnation of public officers and politicians who were guilty of gross corruption.

fast Forward' to 2015, and when she is given the opportunity to serve, ONYEKA ONWENU has shown that she herself is not immune to stuffing her purse with illicit funds from the public treasury.

She should hang her head in Shame for the greatest Treachery of all..... WAS THIS NOT THE SAME ONYEKA ONWENU THAT , JUST FEW MONTHS AGO WAS SHOUTING AND PROCLAIMING 'I Go Die' for PATIENCE JONATHAN AND HER HUSBAND.?
She has quickly switched camps , hoping to secure her job, but she should know Betrayal has it's own judgement. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
ONYEKA ONWENU has shown herself to be what she has always been, and her hypocrisy that she rammed down our throats . She is nothing but a hungry stomach infrastructure artiste who has tried all things just to make a living but realized that nothing pays more than money that you haven't worked for but you corner through sickening praise singing and stomach wrenching sycophancy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by akinyeleaa: 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mekzmoney:
How do igbos greet on a normal day? undecided undecided

U don't know anytin abt igbo custom. So sharrap and do d right tin.

Besides, yorubas prostrate in greeting.

lol, pained dude, I know a lot about igbo custom, probably more than u do. some of u wey no even know una village be making noise lyk. FYI, I live in a village in Abia, at least for now, so I do know a lot abt them. Meanwhile, na only make Yorubas dey prostrate o, if u see woman prostate, she must be high on abakaliki weed. Mind you, I've gat not in against Igbos, I love everyone irrespective of tribe. So many good Igbo's as well as bad ones, same with Yoruba, Hausa or any other tribe. There are good and bad pple on all divides of life, bro. One love
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
akinyeleaa:
Igbo's don't greet that way, pls. I am presently in a core village in igbo land, Abia state precisely and I gat lot of friends among them. I repeat, they do not greet that way. mind you, I've got notin against Igbos, I love everyone irrespective of tribe.

You mostly see such greetings in official settings among the female folks. Males are trained to bow while females are trained to genuflect. You can find it when people meet and shake hands with top government officials, Kings and some very highly placed personalities. It's also used in orthodox churches, where men bow and women genuflect at the mention of Jesus Christ, in the saying of the Apostles creed and Nicene creed.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by nezer83: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Every day what i hear is "I will probe this i will probe that" let Mr Buhari begin the probe including himself and friends...prosecute and jail all indicted..till today no one is prosecuted..once you are a perceived affiliate of GEJ then you are corrupt.
Mr Buhari look into the allegations on Mr Fashola.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by tunde1200(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
GEL loyalist can do this?.

ok remain Fayose of Ekiti....
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by kiosk1: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
akinyeleaa:

well said, my broda. Dis Onyeka is nothing but a failure , that is why she is acting as a house girl . She can show repect by greeting our president in a humble but not debase herself. She is known to be pompous, and how many of her igwes does she greet like dis? She fail PMAN election, she fail Local Govt Chairman election, and dis one Mama Peace dash her at Women Development Centre, she come fail again by packing their money. Aisha, you dey? Dis woman wan play you Ojoro OOO. Quick quick, she go wax record with your name. She go say, DON'T CALL ME AISHA, CALL ME MAMA CLASS .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Orikinla(m): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jaquar456:
ONYEKA ONWENU should have a singular HALL OF SHAME erected in her honor for this act of despicable sycophancy!
All this , just to avoid facing justice for embezzling Public Funds

This is a woman who used to command respect in Nigeria after she did a tv documentary in the eighties called 'A squandering of Riches' in condemnation of public officers and politicians who were guilty of gross corruption.

fast Forward' to 2015, and when she is given the opportunity to serve, ONYEKA ONWENU has shown that she herself is not immune to stuffing her purse with illicit funds from the public treasury.

She should hang her head in Shame for the greatest Treachery of all..... WAS THIS NOT THE SAME ONYEKA ONWENU THAT , JUST FEW MONTHS AGO WAS SHOUTING AND PROCLAIMING 'I Go Die' for PATIENCE JONATHAN AND HER HUSBAND.?
She has quickly switched camps , hoping to secure her job, but she should know Betrayal has it's own judgement. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
ONYEKA ONWENU has shown herself to be what she has always been, and her hypocrisy that she rammed down our throats . She is nothing but a hungry stomach infrastructure artiste who has tried all things just to make a living but realized that nothing pays more than money that you haven't worked for but you corner through sickening praise singing and stomach wrenching sycophancy.

She also performed for Gen. Sani Abacha's campaign for Presidency.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by akinyeleaa: 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
timunstopable:
Last time i checked Onyeka Onwenu is igbo and in the igbo culture they dont greet by kneeling down

i can remember a thread here that an igbo person wondered why yorubas believe kneeling down for elders has anything to do with respect

now pple wana claim igbo kneel down in their culture to free her from her bootlicking

Fact remains this shows desperation from Onyeka owenu

knowing she has corruption cases hanging over her head

God bless you, bro, And 1 mumu was telling me dats aw dey greet. pained peepz
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Adebola314: 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
haba! Onyeka? Why disgracing yourself like this na? Na prison you dey fear? Na so you dey treat Patience Jonathan? You no get conscience na?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by jelal007(m): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Fabrolistic:
Why apc can't be ashamed of buhari's dullness - lai mohammed
Actually,its your father's dullness they're ashamed of. Silly thing.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Spybradd: 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
bebene:
I dont see anything wrong with that, she has no option but to be loyal to PMB the no 1 citizen, who else would she do that to apart from her husband and PMB.

Scondly i know that her being loyal wont save her from being "PROBE"

...wont save her from being PROBE, ba?

better vamoose from here and find a saviour for your grammar..
grin grin
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by cmax16: 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
Either she is a very tall lady or that man standing to her left is a dwarf If she was indeed kneeling...
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Spybradd: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
timunstopable:
Last time i checked Onyeka Onwenu is igbo and in the igbo culture they dont greet by kneeling down

i can remember a thread here that an igbo person wondered why yorubas believe kneeling down for elders has anything to do with respect

now pple wana claim igbo kneel down in their culture to free her from her bootlicking

Fact remains this shows desperation from Onyeka owenu

knowing she has corruption cases hanging over her head

THOU ART A CHIMPANZEE

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Classicman47(m): 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
akinyeleaa:
u spoke ma mind bro. Those idiots saying nothing special asides showing respect should remember dats not how igbos greet on a normal day.

Then clearly this is NOT a normal day.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Cyjetty: 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nobody should blame Onyeka Onwenu for Bootlicking. Hunger was about to finish this woman, such that she was even finding it hard to pay house rent and relocated to Owerri before GEJ and his wife came to her rescue by drafting her into their campaign for jingles and paid her with WDC job. She is already down, so she need fear no fall. Is a pity , though for a songstress who was once touted as Nigeria's Miriam Makeba, and who could have achieved African recognition but for her get money quick attitude which keeps diminishing her already demeaned stature by the day. Sad.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by AnanseK(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
Where is Jerry Gana? I'm sure he will surface .
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Jpanama3: 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mtcheeeew!!! What's were you guys expecting, she should stand bold face, shoulders high and give the President an Armstrong shake?? As what, CBN Governor?? She's honoured and overwhelmed and if you lived in her time you'll understand that a woman knows are place amongst MEN
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Zaikon(m): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
missbehave247:
Gbese re ooo
na juju
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Cyjetty: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jpanama3:
Mtcheeeew!!! What's were you guys expecting, she should stand bold face, shoulders high and give the President an Armstrong shake?? As what, CBN Governor?? She's honoured and overwhelmed and if you lived in her time you'll understand that a woman knows are place amongst MEN
If she knew her place amongst MEN she would have been MARRIED instead of having children outside wedlock. Truth is, she has no respect for ordinary men, ONLY men in power. Remember the Everest Ofoegbu Saga. Anybody who knows her well will tell you that she views most men with disdain and beneath her.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by olabolawasiu(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Some ppl will just come with their western culture and start castigating person wey no dey look their face ! Mtcheeew! Even if she lie down, e concern u?
If I be Buhari and I read all these, one day I will kneel down to greet a 'common' security man in a banking facility, in a crowded place.

Check well, some critics here no dey greet their parents for morning.
Tthe married ones don't even greet their spouse.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by macminista(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
I said it. This woman is AGIP (any government in power).

If you like kneel down forever. If buhari will probe you, kneeling won't stop him.

...guy forget oh...na wize woman, the kneeling dwn na work n wash..baba goslow must pay her..na her mugu grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by lumeneng22: 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
If Hilary Clinton or suzana rice or Magi thacha orcerena William or Dolly Paton or Madona wan greet Pm, how them go greet am?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by akinszz: 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
As a yiboeman i am shocked.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Duru1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
akinszz:
As a yiboeman i am shocked.

She did not knee down as few goons would want us to believe. She bent her knee which is very normal and cultural among Igbo ladies when greeting their elders. Besides Daura Dumbass being the president of zoo called Nigeria, I guess he is very older than Onyeka Onwenu.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by Duru1(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) by redsun(m): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
One would have though she knew better. Well,she is a Nigeria,no matter one's exposure,as long as you thrive among those thieves that runs the system,you are bound to act myopic. Nigeria is like an irrational black hole that sulks in all the rationality that dares to come near it.

It is a long difficult struggle for a generation that will want something different and better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buharism: Buhari Appears In The English Dictionary / Dino Melaye Wins Kogi PDP Governorship Primary Election / New Photo Of Ibrahim Babangida As He Returns From Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.