Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency (16477 Views)

Soku Oil Wells: Apologize To Amaechi Now - APC Tells Wike / Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved / Ex-militants Issue Oil Firms 14 Days To Quit Rivers Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by benedictnsi(m): 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
The presidency has made it clear that under President Muhammadu Buhari, the office of the first lady shall be completely different from what obtained in the past and that the era of the first ladies issuing oil wells and licences was over.

“President Buhari promised that there would be a clear difference between the role played by his wife during his tenure and that played by many previous first ladies. All that ostentation, ubiquitousness and arrogance we have come to expect from the office are over and done with. Change has come.”

Reacting to allegations in a section of the media that the wife of President Buhari had moved into the first lady’s office in Aso Villa, the senior special assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said that even though there was absolutely nothing wrong with Mrs Buhari making use of the office space reserved for the first lady, she had however not done so in her capacity.

“The ideal platform from which she will be useful to Nigeria’s women and children is still being thought out. Once this has been concluded, Mrs Buhari’s role will become clearer to all Nigerians. There will be nothing shady or hidden about it. There will be no access to public funds. It will be purely private and voluntary,” Garba Shehu stressed.

The presidential spokesman recalled that the time Mrs Buhari had to make use of the office was at the beginning of the present administration.

adding that the meeting during which she hosted the wives of governors was held in a section of the Villa’s banquet hall, not in the First Lady’s office.

http://leadership.ng/news/455669/aisha-buhari-will-not-issue-oil-wells-live-ostentatious-life-presidency

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by dunsman(f): 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
Before it was "Aisha buhari won't be given an office"
Now it is " she has an office but she wont issue oil wells"
Tomorrow it will be " she will issue oil wells but won't collect the money"
Next tomorrow it will be" abeg help me complete am"

Flamboyantly?? Someone wey never become first lady wey don dae use #10million naira wrist watch, abeg how dat kind person no go live flamboyantly??

Pls can u all see dat firs sentence?? Office of d first lady still existing?? Wat happened to dat famous statement?? Pls I can't understand wats happening in this country?? Are we under a spell?? She wont deal in d same line line dat previous first lady did. For goodness sake she has an assistant, if not more than one and previous first lady did also. She has an office, also previous first lady did.. So wat can be different?? She and her cabinet will be paid with tax payers money!! Wat happened to office of the first lady is not u der d Constitution?? Ha-ha Oga oo so pple can be as gullible as this

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by ladyF(f): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Good. She no get business with oyel well na.

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by tucky200(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
dunsman:

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by tiamiyukunle69(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Fingers fully crossed till otherwise proven
Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Pascal181: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ok suitsayer
Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Alihkizito(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ok... Then. Introvert
Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by candidbabe(f): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hmm mm APC with propaganda. In fact that party stinks full of lies.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Ebukaobi: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
dunsman:

Bros let me assure you that the English language is not as difficult as you think. I know you have comprehension problems but I still trust that you can overcome this mental challenge.

Go and read that article again and this time with understanding.

If your post was an attempt at comedy then sorry you failed.

Like Orlando said earlier, any Nigerian that has not experienced change is deaf, dumb, blind or most likely their internal organs has completely shut down.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Barselonia(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
ride on..... If u like have office of the first daughter or first son....
kokan aye....

just Make Nigeria clean back, that all I want from ur cabinet b. dat
Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by teamchocolate: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by ellabooz(f): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Tufiakwa

This Govt has no shame.

A woman that rocked $35k wrist watch just moment the husband was announced winner.
What kind of life is that?

21 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by chemmerfrank(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hmmmmm .. Give her oil tap then

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by free2ryhme: 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
grin
Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by yungpowers(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
cattle rearers issuing oil wells? Nawaooo

18 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by ibkgab001: 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
I need one as she promised
Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
Presidential spokesman?? Seems like Buhari's family spokesman...

He defends Man, Wife and Daughter cheesy cheesy.

Life must really be hell for Adesina right now.

27 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
"WILL"!! This government so in love with that word sha.

I would like to see when cows from the north would be labelled "our" resources and allowed to be controlled by none northerners

15 Likes 2 Shares

n
Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by ochejoseph(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
today Presidency responded to issues earlier raised with respect to the President's promise to abolish the office of the First lady.
Malam Garba Shehu Released a statement which attempted to take care of the Issues raised this article

https://www.nairaland.com/2528594/office-first-lady-how-buhari

The statement published in the Vanguard newspaper claimed that the Office of the first lady has been abolished.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/presidency-abolishes-office-of-first-lady/

It is rather dis heartening that rather than come clean the media aides are further complicating issues for their principals by covering up issues that are already public knowledge. 

For Instance 

1. The media aide claims that 

"There will be no access to public funds. It will be purely private and voluntary”

How then does he explain the secret appointment of Senior Special assistants and other official aides who are paid by tax payer's ?

2. Garba Shehu says the President intends  to set the office of the Wife of the President 

What is the difference between the two offices?

This change in nomenclature is a total violation of his pre election pledge to to have that office 

‎“The Office of the First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them,” 

These were the exact words of general Mohammadu Buhari prior to the 2015 general elections. 

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/42969-i-won-t-have-office-for-first-lady-buhari

3 . On the Issue of office

The Punch which reported the occupation of the office of first Lady by Aisha Buhari was very clear about how the place was been run 

http://www.punchng.com/news/aisha-buhari-takes-over-patience-jonathans-office/

Garba Shehu's statement only confirms the report by the Punch, 

Sincerity demands that if you make a pledge and due to circumstances  you are constrained and unable to keep such promises, that you come clean to those to whom you made such promise not deceptively  moving around in circles seeking new ways of confusing the population.

May God Continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Freespirit89(m): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Waiting
Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by repogirl(f): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Okay nah...since everybody dey book space, make me sef book for no reason angry

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Alihkizito(m): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
I smell cheating....
Ftc was my target,but was manipulated
sai PMB Deris .....corruption o!!!

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
benedictnsi:

http://leadership.ng/news/455669/aisha-buhari-will-not-issue-oil-wells-live-ostentatious-life-presidency

Excellent and well done.

I am part of the Nigerian populace that knows the Buhari family and what they stand for.

General Buhari is not some poor errand boy family that found themselves in Aso Rock. He is already rich and wealthy and they live frugally.

We know what we voted in and what to expect, let us not be detracted by the detractors grin

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by millionboi(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Apc decivin nigerians since may29......2many scam

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by ayaside(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Who is asking them all these questions they are trying to answer?...Do your best and let us be the judge(s) of how the office(?) has impacted on the Nigerian women and children and by extension,the Nigerian man. cool

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by oluwanoni: 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hopefully she won't do the same, but let's see how she does during her husbi term then we can say she's way different.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
dunsman:

1 Like

Haha... Same Aisha whose account was used to transfer huge bribe fund to Jefferson... Story for the gods...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by adesegun121(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency by koikoi2(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
I can see dat d APC led FG is confused. Enough of "will not " "I will " or "shall not" . Pls be serious for once.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi Receives Team From Turkish Hospital And Aviation In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Atiku Travels To Europe On Business Trip / EFCC Revives 13 Ex-Governors’ N772 Billion Fraud Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.