Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Lagos State Growing Over Population: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lagos State Growing Over Population: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode (764 Views)

My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship / My Scrotum Is About To Explode (picture) / Nigerian Guy Advertises Brother Looking For Wife On Twitter, Nigerians Explode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Growing Over Population: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 24, 2015
Although Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria, with an area of 356,861 hectares of which 75,755 hectares are wetlands, yet it has the highest population, which is over five per cent of the national estimate. As at 2006, the population of Lagos State was 17.5 million, (based on the parallel count conducted by the state during the National Census) with a growth rate of 3.2%, the state today has a population of over 21 Million. This was corroborated by the recent immunization exercise carried out across the State, where 4. 3million children were immunized. Children within the Immunization bracket are estimated at 20% of the entire population. The UN estimates that at its present growth rate, Lagos state will be third largest mega city the world by Y2015 after Tokyo in Japan and Bombay in India. Of this population, Metropolitan Lagos, an area covering 37% of the land area of Lagos State is home to over 85% of the State population. The rate of population growth is about 600,000 per annum with a population density of about 4,193 persons per sq. km. In the built-up areas of Metropolitan Lagos, the average density is over 20,000 persons per square km. Current demographic trend analysis revealed that the State population growth rate of 8% has resulted in its capturing of 36.8% of Nigeria’s urban population (World Bank, 1996) estimate at 49.8 million people of the national million populations. The implication is that whereas country population growth is 4/5% and global 2%, Lagos population is growing ten times faster than New York and Los Angeles with grave implication for urban sustainability
Re: Lagos State Growing Over Population: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode by falconey(m): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2015
should I be worried?
Re: Lagos State Growing Over Population: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode by HDee(m): 9:49am On Aug 24, 2015
ehen?
Re: Lagos State Growing Over Population: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2015
But, e no konsan me nah.. wusai Kwanu!!
Re: Lagos State Growing Over Population: A Time Bomb Waiting To Explode by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
But, e no konsan me nah.. wusai Kwanu!!
lol

(1) (Reply)

7 First Date Questions You Should NEVER Ask Her / Please!! Respect This Girl. / 17 Struggles A "Good Girl" Faces When She Dates Her First "Bad Boy".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.