Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship (6870 Views)

The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos) / Ladies: Have You Ended A Relationship Before Because Of Penis Size? / I Just Ended The Friendship With My Best Friend. I Feel Frustrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 22, 2018
Hey Nairalanders,

Please, tell me nice things. I just ended my two year relationship because of some differences.

My ex girlfriend and I discussed it at length and came to the decision to part ways. There are no hard feelings but my heart is beating like mad.

My heart beats like it's going to explode out of it's rib-cage. I feel like sh.iit now. I feel an incredible sense of loss. All the memories, all the good times, the fights and the laughs have come to an end. Truly love is hard.

Guys and girls, please ask me questions or tell me stuff so that my mind can be off my worries for now.

Please, be nice.

Lalasticlala, I fit see promise land with this one?

EDIT 1

The funny thing is that she wasn't even actually my girl. Let me confess here--I snatched her from my friend who wasn't serious with her.

My friend used to live with me in my apartment until he had to go for youth service. In the brief period of time they dated, it was punctuated with strife, constant fighting, and a whole lot of other negative energy. Then my friend went for NYSC but she kept coming to help me with stuff while I was busy. She used to come help me cook and take care of my apartment every day after work; suffice to say that her initial service was during the time I was battling a serious ailment. She took care of me, cooked my meals, helped me prepare for my certification exam while I was still bedridden. Yeah, she used to read my textbook to me while spoon feeding me. It was heaven, it was valhalla. I'd never experienced anything like that.

When I got well, and with the insurance payout I got, I tried to pay her back by buying her a few nice things. Proximity led to familiarity, to care, to love, and to the hope that things, which were so sweet and easygoing as a result of her love and care, would last forever.

I have lost two people now: my friend who was mightily pissed that I would snatch is girl (need I say he wasn't serious with her and was so faraway) and this beautiful woman who gave me strength and courage to face my world.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by malificent(f): 2:47pm On May 22, 2018
Find something to do that'll take your mind off the pain. Take heart bro, sh*t happens.. It's not the end of life.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by NeeKlaus: 2:48pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:
Hey Nairalanders,

Please, tell me nice things. I just ended my two year relationship because of some differences.

My ex girlfriend and I discussed it at length and came to the decision to part ways. There are no hard feelings but my heart is beating like mad.

My heart beats like it's going to explode out of it's rib-cage. All the memories, all the good times, the fights and the laughs have come to an end. Truly love is hard.

Please, be nice.

Nice things.

29 Likes

Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Oyindidi(f): 2:52pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:
Hey Nairalanders,

My heart beats like it's going to explode out of it's rib-cage. I feel like sh.iit now. I feel an incredible sense of loss. All the memories, all the good times, the fights and the laughs have come to an end. Truly love is hard.

Guys and girls, please ask me questions or tell me stuff so that my mind can be off my worries for now.

Please, be nice.

why you break up with her?

Let's start with this question
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 22, 2018
malificent:
Find something to do that'll take your mind off the pain. Take heart bro, sh*t happens.. It's not the end of life.

I haven't much to do at the moment. I won't be returning to work until next week. I actually wanted it to work but travel/study opportunity came out for her, and she's not going to come back to Nigeria at the end of her program. She wants to base overseas and all, so our paths had diverged already. Best was to say goodbye to each other since I am unwilling to relocate out of Nigeria.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by darkenkach(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2018
You are amazing.

5 Likes

Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 22, 2018
Oyindidi:
why you break up with her?

Let's start with this question

Travel/study opportunity popped up for her, and she is not going to return to Nigeria for a while. She wants to live overseas for at least 15 years before coming back. I don't have any intention of living abroad and long distance will not work for us. That's the reason why.

She tried to convince me to come with her, but I REALLY DON'T WANT TO LIVE OVERSEAS.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by SoapQueen(f): 2:56pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:
Hey Nairalanders,

Please, be nice.

Breathe in, breathe out..

Get high, take some whiskey neat or brandy(that's if you drink), get drunk and pass out.

OR

Go home, bathe cold water, cry your eyes out and fall asleep.

Whatever you do, try to remain strong.
Nice thing: I think the both of you are good for each other. Such flames hardly die.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 22, 2018
darkenkach:
You are amazing.

I try to live stoically. always been a reserved person and reasonable person. That's my way of dealing with things. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Oyindidi(f): 3:00pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:

Travel/study opportunity popped up for her, and she is not going to return to Nigeria for a while. She wants to live overseas for at least 15 years before coming back. I don't have any intention of living abroad and long distance will not work for us. That's the reason why.

She tried to convince me to come with her, but I REALLY DON'T WANT TO LIVE OVERSEAS.
Man up, you've taken your decision to stay back in Nigeria.
Smile joorcheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 22, 2018
SoapQueen:

Breathe in, breathe out..

Get high, take some whiskey neat or brandy(that's if you drink), get drunk and pass out.

OR

Go home, bathe cold water, cry your eyes out and fall asleep.

Whatever you do, try to remain strong.
Nice thing: I think the both of you are good for each other. Such flames hardly die.

Yeah! I meditate a lot so I am doing lots of breathing exercises right now. She's the first person I loved and my first REAL relationship.

I am heading to the store to buy my favorite whisky. When I come back I will play John Legend, J cole, Hugh Masakela, drink my whisky, eat my shitor sauce +potato, and then to sleep.

The thing is I am a lover. I love with everything so even though we talked about parting ways for two months, the sudden realisation that a void has opened up is proving too much for me to handle at the moment.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 22, 2018
Oyindidi:
Man up, you've taken your decision to stay back in Nigeria.
Smile joorcheesy

I am not feeling bad... just the emotions in my heart are proving too powerful. This is one of the best ways I can cope. But I will be fine.

I am talking here on NL so that the sharp edges of my pain can be blunted by you wonderful people. I don't want to cave in to emotions right now when I am so confused and feeling lost and useless: all the things I am not.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Oyindidi(f): 3:05pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:

I am not feeling bad... just the emotions in my heart are proving too powerful. This is one of the best ways I can cope. But I will be fine.

I am talking here on NL so that the sharp edges of my pain can be blunted by you wonderful people. I don't want to cave in to emotions right now when I am so confused and feeling lost and useless: all the things I am not.
I feel your pains bro, stay strong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 22, 2018
Biacan, where are you now?

Biko bia osiso. Agwo no na AKIRIKA.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 22, 2018
Oyindidi:
I feel your pains bro, stay strong

Why is love so hard? Do you have a heartbreak story?
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 22, 2018
NeeKlaus:

Nice things.

Anumanu.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by biacan(f): 3:12pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:
Biacan, where are you now?

Biko bia osiso. Agwo no na AKIRIKA.
Take heart it will be fine in the main time visit this page on instagram to relief yourself from, Maraji,wofiafada,tundeenut

Bia but I thought you said you weren't in a relationship
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 22, 2018
biacan:
Take heart it will be fine in the main time visit this page on instagram to relief yourself from, Maraji,wofiafada,tundeenut

Bia but I thought you said you weren't in a relationship

Did I say that? Can't really recall. I don't like comedy. Prefer talking to people and it's working. At least it is not beating as fast. I mean my heart.

God!!! I hate being in love!
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by chiommy123(f): 3:22pm On May 22, 2018
its too hard to say good bye. but one day you will remember or see this thread and laugh out so loud.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 22, 2018
Just yesterday, I was reading a book called the The Heart of The Matter by Graham Greene. Scobie, the chief protagonist said that "Pain and suffering is the price love exerts from us" He also said that "she inflicts pain, he inflicts tears, but they're in love."

When I think about those lines more and more, I am convinced that love, at it's truest form is actually pain. The insidious thing is that the pain is not always present, but you can bet that it will come. It always comes. Never misses its coming... I mean the pain.

2 Likes

Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 22, 2018
chiommy123:
its too hard to say good bye. but one day you will remember or see this thread and laugh out so loud.

Too hard to say goodbye. Just when everything seemed so perfect. But no worries. I am still alive and young as fu..ck so I guess it's a long road out there for me.

Taking a two year break after this. Why are my not even celibate or a reverend father? Those people have it too easy.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Rawani: 3:34pm On May 22, 2018
Always secure a rebound chick once you start smelling a rat in your relationship, you'll be too busy creating new memories to bother about the past. It is the best insurance against impending cardiac explosions such as these.

But frankly you'll be fine in no time; join a gym or start a blog- focus on making yourself wealthier/more attractive and you'll be the best for it.

Also try your best to avoid social media stalking cos it will delay your healing. Cheers.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by chiommy123(f): 3:35pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:

Too hard to say goodbye. Just when everything seemed so perfect. But no worries. I am still alive and young as mess so I guess it's a long road out there for me.

Taking a two year break after this. Why are my not even celibate or a reverend father? Those people have it too easy.
you will definitely be fine. most of us have been there and we survived it so yes you can
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by nelsonebby(m): 4:14pm On May 22, 2018
What kind of rubbish is all this sef sad
Are you a kid

1 Like

Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 22, 2018
nelsonebby:
What kind of rubbish is all this sef sad
Are you a kid

Yes, I am a kid. What problems have you got with that?

1 Like

Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 22, 2018
Rawani:
Always secure a rebound chick once you start smelling a rat in your relationship, you'll be too busy creating new memories to bother about the past. It is the best insurance against impending cardiac explosions such as these.

But frankly you'll be fine in no time; join a gym or start a blog- focus on making yourself wealthier/more attractive and you'll be the best for it.

Also try your best to avoid social media stalking cos it will delay your healing. Cheers.

Pragmatic wisdom right there brother... I feel you, but not really on the rebound chick thing. I am more of a one-man-one-woman type of person.

I am currently taking a break from work. I resume next week Friday, but in the intervening time, I need to pour it all out so that I can have it behind me when I resume work next week. Do you have a heartbreak story?
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by nelsonebby(m): 4:22pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:

Yes, I am a kid. What problems have you got with that?
I’m sorry but all what you wrote is bulllshit.

You’re just looking for attention.
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Berlyn1(f): 4:23pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:
Hey Nairalanders,

Please, be nice.

Nice things grin
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 22, 2018
nelsonebby:

I’m sorry but all what you wrote is bulllshit.

You’re just looking for attention.

My bro, thanks for telling me how you feel about my coping mechanism. Yeah, I need the attention of strangers.

The attention and well-wishes of strangers is a soothing balm for my frayed nerves.

I am a strong man but anonymity allows us do stuff we will be too embarrassed to do in real life. Tell me about your coping mechanisms. Who knows: perhaps I have another episode of this type of situation coming up in a few months and need your sage advise; what is the best way to reinforce a battered heart?

Tell me, since you're wiser than Solomon.

1 Like

Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 22, 2018
Berlyn1:
Nice things grin

You've obeyed the 'letter' of my request and conveniently tossed aside the 'spirit' of the same request.

I remember asking you to be nice. What would niceness cost you?
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Berlyn1(f): 4:31pm On May 22, 2018
KOPT33:

You've obeyed the 'letter' of my request and conveniently tossed aside the 'spirit' of the same request.

I remember asking you to be nice. What would niceness cost you?
I honestly don't remember you sad
Re: My Heart Is About To Explode: Just Ended A Relationship by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 22, 2018
UPDATE 1

I just got back from the mall, couldn't watch the movie: all the faces were her face.

I couldn't eat my chicken and rice: it was tasteless. As if she took away my taste buds.

Window shopping didn't do anything for me. I used to enjoy looking at stuff and making up my mind on what to buy for her. Now, there is no such excitement.

But on the upside, the Seagrams whiskey from Shoprite has lifted my spirit and given me a tingly buzz. I am so drunk and don't care.

I made an irresponsible purchase: A Casio watch with a gold-face for more than half of my monthly salary. The watch is a beauty and it feels as though I am trying to replace her beauty with a finely crafted piece of workmanship; I rationalized this buy by telling myself beauty is beauty. Love is love, and within the confines of the watchmaker's love for this Casio, is an almost fitting replacement for the embodiment of beauty which has just slipped out of my grasp.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Give Your Fiancee 2000 Naira For Supper And She Does This (photo) / What Sort Of Demonic Creature Is This? (photo) / Skinny Nija Girl ran Away During Recorded Sex Session- Lazy Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.