Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,577 members, 7,837,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4447727 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
brabus:

You're very close to one of my client. We are at Aba Bashorun Road (7.35x, 3.83y).

Good Terrain.

That's my road grin

I love that area and I silently hope that it maintains it's village ambience but I can already see huge edifices springing up via satellite sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

That's my road grin

I love that area and I silently hope that it maintains it's village ambience but I can already see huge edifices springing up via satellite sad

Haven of diasporans grin grin

Make we forget all the Lagos shakaras jor! Lagos is not well planned at all. Nothing has really wowed me in Lagos. It's really happening in IB. I just hope a good govt will resettle most of the people in the ancient structures at the city centre and convert them to Central Business Districts (CBDs). It has already started in some localities. Conversion and Repurposing but it will make more sense if the govt can take it up.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
brabus:

Make we forget all the Lagos shakaras jor! Lagos is not well planned at all. Nothing has really wowed me in Lagos. It's really happening in IB. I just hope a good govt will resettle most of the people in the ancient structures at the city centre and convert them to Central Business Districts (CBDs). It has already started in some localities. Conversion and Repurposing but it will make more sense if the govt can take it up.

And how much can one get a plot of land in the place you called "Haven of Diasporans"?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
brabus:

Make we forget all the Lagos shakaras jor! Lagos is not well planned at all. Nothing has really wowed me in Lagos. It's really happening in IB. I just hope a good govt will resettle most of the people in the ancient structures at the city centre and convert them to Central Business Districts (CBDs). It has already started in some localities. Conversion and Repurposing.

I think the reason may be the close proximity to Muritala so we can easily make an "escape" when duty (job, bills, taxes) calls grin

I chose that area specifically for that and that it has easy access to hometown (Ijebu Ode) and also Abeokuta without trudging through Ibadan central and all the traffic.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
FastShipping:

And how much can one get a plot of land in the place you called "Haven of Diasporans"?

I really don't know the price but the Elebu I knew when I was in Ibadan about 15 years ago has really changed when I visited last year and this year. Beautiful structures that I can never imagine are fast springing up.

I'm not an agent or land seller or intended to be one but I do work as land inspector for clients and give candid opinion on good prospects and the environment for purpose builds. Some will buy land because it's cheap. We advice based on development, road network, nearness to major town and cities, amongst many other factors.

I'm sure Sir EgunMogaji should be able to help. I can also ask my client how much he got the land.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I think the reason may be the close proximity to Muritala so we can easily make an "escape" when duty (job, bills, taxes) calls grin

I chose that area specifically for that and that it has easy access to hometown (Ijebu Ode) and also Abeokuta without trudging through Ibadan central and all the traffic.

Oga, I got u. If only many people can reason your way. No comment.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
brabus:

I really don't know the price but the Elebu I knew when I was in Ibadan about 15 years ago has really changed when I visited last year and this year. Beautiful structures that I can never imagine are fast springing up.

I'm not an agent or land seller or intended to be one but I do work as land inspector for clients and give candid opinion on good prospects and the environment for purpose builds.

I'm sure Sir EgunMogaji should be able to help. I can also ask my client how much he got the land.

Anywhere from N350k to millions depending on how close you are to the main Apata express.

So since I have no desire to be close to the express and really wanted the village woody experience I only paid N550k for 60X120 and I picked up two lots. Lots about 1/2 mile from me towards the express are N1m and above.

Knowing what I know now I think I can pull off N300k per plot though a plot next to me that was offered at N500k is now being offered to me at N750k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Anywhere from N350k to millions depending on how close you are to the main Apata express.

So since I have no desire to be close to the express and really wanted the village woody experience I only paid N550k for 60X120 and I picked up two lots. Lots about 1/2 mile from me towards the express are N1m and above.

Knowing what I know now I think I can pull off N300k per plot though a plot next to me that was offered at N500k is not being offered to me at N750k

Let me guess sir. You bought land in an undeveloped area (but not far from major infrastructure) where you can attract friends and like minds to build a mini-estate. Even those who doesn't have muscle to compete will have no choice than to sell to you or your friends. And those who chose to build will do something nice and befitting.

Did I guess right?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
brabus:

Let me guess sir. You bought land in an undeveloped area (but not far from major infrastructure) where you can attract friends and like minds to build a mini-estate. Even those who doesn't have muscle to compete will have no choice than to sell to you or your friends. And those who chose to build will do something nice and befitting.

Did I guess right?

Very very close. My ideology is to always buy away from current development and wait for progress to come to me and they'll bring equity with them grin

Those who can't build can always sell to whomever but I personally would try to buy any lot that's close to me that is ever available.

We can only hope that people will build with taste but even if they don't I only would have to tolerate them until I get inside my compound and close the gate. I'll then be in my fantasy land. I bought two lots so that I can have some buffer room for just that purpose and also have a 500 square feet central courtyard for internal outside privacy.

I do hope to pull the hood up though and encourage alternative designs if I'm asked.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
FastShipping:

On d major dualised Akala road(new garage-elebu-oluyole-apata road), if u r still lucky to get a plot of land den prepare something from #4m but if u now get off d dat major and Come inward to streets... dis depends on ow close d land is to d connecting roads dat lead to d major road, d condition of d connecting road btw ur street and d major road(if it's motorable, tarred or not), and lastly ow developed d community is.
In other words, if u get off d major dualised Akala road, keep btw #3m-#500k. but on d major road, keep a minimum of #4m.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
^^^

Smiley001,

I won't advice my client to buy N4m on that road for residential build except its for commercial purpose (office complex etc). A lot of commercial activities are happening there and Ibadan people been who they are will build more event centres, hotels, clubs/bars, carwash on that main express road.
My diaspora friends don't really need that. What they need is nearness to development, good road network, good neighbourhood, secure environment (not necessarily a gated community), access to water and other public utilities (without breaking bank), good topography (cliffs, hilltops, and other terrain that can offer nice view will sell fast), good zoning plan (residential, commercial, mixed use, industrial).

In most cases, I don't really care about good roads if the price is right (let's assume a plot sell for N800k off major road) and the neighbourhood have good prospect. What I'll do is to play a big brother/philantrophic role by bringing a Caterpillar to do the earth road. With 150k in less than 4 hours, you can build a (2km) motorable road. Still make more sense to me than paying N3m for a land in a ready-made environment.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
Roads? What roads? We don't need no stinking roads grin

On a serious note you've got my needs and friends all pegged down.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
This Oga is over prepared for anything o.

Spending all the savings on land on the necessities.

This one na Oko Oke shocked. You don't need roads to drive this one. It's amphibious, oke-phibious rough-road runner.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
brabus:
^^^

Smiley001,

I won't advice my client to buy N4m on that road for residential build except its for commercial purpose (office complex etc). A lot of commercial activities are happening there and Ibadan people been who they are will build more event centres, hotels, clubs/bars, carwash on that main express road.
My diaspora friends don't really need that. What they need is nearness to development, good road network, good neighbourhood, secure environment (not necessarily a gated community), access to water and other public utilities (without breaking bank), good topography (cliffs, hilltops, and other terrain that can offer nice view will sell fast), good zoning plan (residential, commercial, mixed use, industrial).

In most cases, I don't really care about good roads if the price is right (let's assume a plot sell for N800k off major road) and the neighbourhood have good prospect. What I'll do is to play a big brother/philantrophic role by bringing a Caterpillar to do the earth road. With 150k in less than 4 hours, you can build a (2km) motorable road. Still make more sense to me than paying N3m for a land in a ready-made environment.

brabus sir, u r very correct about wot ppl erect on dat major road... nice bars, good and affordable hotels, schools, filling stations, offices, car wash sites, auto lot garages, event centre and a few beautiful residential buildings. u know it stretches to almost 15km if not even more.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Very very close. My ideology is to always buy away from current development and wait for progress to come to me and they'll bring equity with them grin

Those who can't build can always sell to whomever but I personally would try to buy any lot that's close to me that is ever available.

We can only hope that people will build with taste but even if they don't I only would have to tolerate them until I get inside my compound and close the gate. I'll then be in my fantasy land. I bought two lots so that I can have some buffer room for just that purpose and also have a 500 square feet central courtyard for internal outside privacy.

I do hope to pull the hood up though and encourage alternative designs if I'm asked.
U guys are enjoying, same location ie virgin bush land around my end in PH is sold N4m they even said i got it cheap, I'm talking about 100x50.hmm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Roads? What roads? We don't need no stinking roads grin
On a serious note you've got my needs and friends all pegged down.

I want the first one... Any idea on the cost?
This one go go all the terrain leading to my Papa village.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
erico2k2:

U guys are enjoying, same location ie virgin bush land around my end in PH is sold N4m they even said i got it cheap, I'm talking about 100x50.hmm

Financially I'm very happy at my purchase and feel blessed.

But my friend as you know price of land is just a start grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Financially I'm very happy at my purchase and feel blessed.
But my friend as you know price of land is just a start grin

That Ijebu blood still dey well, well o. Which kind big Oga go get big land like that and no buy non-alcoholic ogogoro from Majidun for poor people like us on Nairaland.
This kind wayo no good o...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
mufutau55:

I want the first one... Any idea on the cost?
This one go go all the terrain leading to my Papa village.

Hajji M.

Now Hajji, what are you going to do with a riff raff Land Rover? That's for us "po folks" grin

I see you more being chauffeured in a Pullman.

Note: model in second pic does not come with car but can be arranged if necessary to conclude a successful sale grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Now Hajji, what are you going to do with a riff raff Land Rover? That's for us "po folks" grin
Note: model in second pic does not come with car but can be arranged if necessary to conclude a successful sale grin

I don laugh tired o. Nah this Tafawa Balewa kind of Mercedes you want me to dey ride?
No, I want those Landrover so I can go to my village and back successfully.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by legendsmother(f): 2:04am On Sep 07, 2015
Hi all Nice thread pls can any1 estimate the cost of this structure? And d space I have is 50 by 50 it's for a shop tanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 4:22am On Sep 07, 2015
legendsmother:
Hi all Nice thread pls can any1 estimate the cost of this structure? And d space I have is 50 by 50 it's for a shop tanks.

Na my food be dis. Make I come chop!

However, giving you a guesstimate without physical assessment of the proposed development site is not advisable. Also what you've shown is one-side facade (who knows maybe a four sided facade might be the way to go), there's a need to discuss the finishes and every other thing with a knowledgeable branding and design team to create a space that coordinates with your site conditions yet still showcases your brand’s luxurious style without breaking bank.

~ Take note, branding and design team.
~ One-side facade works when you're having your boutique in middle of row of shops or when you're building pawnshop.

Ballpark figure
You should be prepared to spend nothing less than N7m or more (depending on your finishing taste) for something like this on 50 x 50 land excluding the external work. However, we cannot arrive at a final figure without a specification document. You may want to discuss with us further on this.

_____
The beauty of this type of project are the screen dividers (I'll personally go for transparent ones), lighting scheme, open and connected lifestyle rooms, shelving configuration, high ceiling and the floor material.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 7:36am On Sep 07, 2015
smiley001:

brabus sir, u r very correct about wot ppl erect on dat major road... nice bars, good and affordable hotels, schools, filling stations, offices, car wash sites, auto lot garages, event centre and a few beautiful residential buildings. u know it stretches to almost 15km if not even more.

When I said "Haven of Diasporans", I knew exactly what I mean. Most of those commercial properties are owned by our people in diaspora (especially Europe).

______
I love the opening up of that road by the govt. it really helped the community which is strategically positioned. I wish other govts can project into the future (especially the govt of Ogun state which is the gateway state bordering many states).

A dry port in Ogun state will make it a commercial hub. Think of how having a Ladipo spare part in Ogun state will help decongest Lagos state and allow more people to reach the part market faster.

Our town planning offices be like ministry of information where you scoop info on where to get genuine land and land seller. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 07, 2015
If United or Delta should fly direct to Ibadan from US then I shall never step foot inside Lagos State again grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Since the Pullman has to be test driven before sales is concluded, can the model also be 'test driven' while the Pullman is being test driven. grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:
If United or Delta should fly direct to Ibadan from US then I shall never step foot inside Lagos State again grin

This should be a small problem for you now. Just build a helipad on your property and once you land at MMIA, just hop into a chartered chopper and land on your property. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
NL1960:

This should be a small problem for you now. Just build a helipad on your property and once you land at MMIA, just hop into a chartered chopper and land on your property. grin

The idea is not to step foot inside MMIA at all besides only Hajji can afford chattered helicopters.

Interestingly though I will be getting into the hobby of gyrocopters though in my retirement.

I've been doing quite a bit of research and have narrowed down to the model unless another better one comes up by then.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
NL1960:

Since the Pullman has to be test driven before sales is concluded, can the model also be 'test driven' while the Pullman is being test driven. grin

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Nice design really lovely concept

legendsmother:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by legendsmother(f): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
@badus d land is in between shops nd I think d corners wud b make of bricks it's juust d front I want dat design for d entrance sir tanks...I was tinking it's POP all through n wall screeding wif lightening effects I Dnt need does glass deviders too flashy lol what wud b d estimate?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 4:16am On Sep 08, 2015
legendsmother:
@badus d land is in between shops nd I think d corners wud b make of bricks it's juust d front I want dat design for d entrance sir tanks...I was tinking it's POP all through n wall screeding wif lightening effects I Dnt need does glass deviders too flashy lol what wud b d estimate?

Let's discuss the project in details. Doing so might save you not only money but heartache as well. I can quickly assemble a good team for you (right here on NL) if I have your full brief or scope of work.

Your build cost could be very low or high depending on the location of the project, the must-have features and the conveniences.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 08, 2015
brabus:

Let's discuss the project in details. Doing so might save you not only money but heartache as well. I can quickly assemble a good team for you (right here on NL) if I have your full brief or scope of work. 08023429122 or bosun@nexthomebuilders.com

Your build cost could be very low or high depending on the location of the project, the must-have features and the conveniences.

Thank you.

Maybe you can refer to your thread of I think your office that you did which I think came out very well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: doncafu(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.