Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4374659 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2017
ephi123:

This your list is not long at all grin grin and the money even has to be mint!! Issorait. cheesy
hahahaha, the oracle will not take dirty money, the oracle likes mint and if you cant provide all that l listed, you can pay the equivalent in Dollars & pounds, l will accept it grin grin wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ephi123(f): 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2017
AngelicBeing:
hahahaha, the oracle will not take dirty money, the oracle likes mint and if you cant provide all that l listed, you can pay the equivalent in Dollars & pounds, l will accept it grin grin wink

hahaha! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Nothing is foolproof but I'll certainly trust an Hausa as my maiguard before any other tribe.

In any case they're just a leg of a stool.

It'll work for me and has worked for one of my uncles for decades.
l agree with the bold, l have lived in different part of Nigeria in the past with Hausa as our maiguard, infact during my NYSC years ago in Nigeria , the house l lived was guarded by an Hausa guy from Niger Republic, he has his small shop by the building and there was no security breach for once and they where very trustworthy, l know there may be few bad eggs among-st them, but l will prefer an hausa guard as well before any other tribe smiley

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
true2home:

Hi Boss, if you ever gets a response to this quest, pls relay to me as well. I need this item as well. Thanks

Will do so.

I'll hit my favorite electrical stockists in person next month in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justojai: 1:38am On Apr 18, 2017
I know there are a lot of builders here. I need to set blocks and hoping to find some reasonable dude out here that can read and understand my plan...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 18, 2017
justojai:
I know there are a lot of builders here. I need to set blocks and hoping to find some reasonable dude out here that can read and understand my plan... hit me up for details. Kris2far2000@gmail.com

Do you need a builder or a bricklayer?

Most on here are full-fledged builders and not bricklayers.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2017
Prices of building materials updated today, visit www.set2build.com/market-prices

www.set2build.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:47am On Apr 18, 2017
justojai:
I know there are a lot of builders here. I need to set blocks and hoping to find some reasonable dude out here that can read and understand my plan... hit me up for details. Kris2far2000@gmail.com
. Send your details to benavoh@gmail.com.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Plow: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
Thanks. 4ft wide for the front door if I'm not mistaken and purchased for 130k early/middle 2016. Yes it's steel- Turkey security door. The kitchen door is 95k same type.

rabcnesbit:
Like your white front door. I take it's steel. What is the size and how much did that cost sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
Please i have to ask this Here because of the pool of experience(s) by nlanders displayed here, this one concern me as i dont have dollars to hide in burial ground.
Can a passport data page that expired a month ago be used for a consent letter to get a Nigeria e- passport for a new born baby in uncle Sam land?
Thanks in advance for your contributions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bamibello(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Will do so.

I'll hit my favorite electrical stockists in person next month in Ibadan.
View this facebook post sir. It's about a Blue Camel estate in Abuja that's completely disconnected from the national grid. A combination of solar and wind energy powers the estate. Interesting stuff. https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212653204186722&id=1283981265&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6410343887416915510%3Amf_story_key.6989696939745611567%3Atop_level_post_id.10212653204186722&__tn__=%2As

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
Bamibello:
View this facebook post sir. It's about a Blue Camel estate in Abuja that's completely disconnected from the national grid. A combination of solar and wind energy powers the estate. Interesting stuff. https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212653204186722&id=1283981265&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6410343887416915510%3Amf_story_key.6989696939745611567%3Atop_level_post_id.10212653204186722&__tn__=%2As

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Plow: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
Thank you! I appreaciate.
allCopacetic:

Pricing is in order for the Cables "IF" you're getting the real deal. The proliferation of fake cables right now is frightening.

For the specified fittings, these quantities should be safe.

1.5mm- 8R 8B 4G ( ultimately dependent on the final number of external and perimeter lighting points you choose to have)

2.5mm- 4R 4B 2G

4mm - 2R 2B

10mm - earthing should typically require some metres, for a bungalow. you might want to speak to your​ man about that.

16mm- Load cable ..dependent on the location of the Distribution board relative to your C/over and meter points. Going by your intended layout, this should also require some metres.

Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justojai: 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Do you need a builder or a bricklayer?

Most on here are full-fledged builders and not bricklayers.

Does bricklayers read plans too?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
justojai:

Does bricklayers read plans too?

Not sure if you're trying to be funny but mine does and they should be able to.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:19am On Apr 19, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'm just one of the restless natives, na Hajj be the Chief.

If it were me though, I would do up a thread to showcase my skills in detail, complete with completed jobs, contact info, etc and then simply put a link to the thread in my signature and on appropriate conversations.

Just look at Skimanski, Spyder880, Aventures, ArchitectB, AllCopacetic, etc....for guidance.

Good luck.

E.g:
Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

See Samples of Roofing Tiles.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Check Out Picture Of The Wood Work For The Stone Coated Roofing Tile >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806964/check-out-picture-wood-work
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 19, 2017
back2sender:
Please i have to ask this Here because of the pool of experience(s) by nlanders displayed here, this one concern me as i dont have dollars to hide in burial ground.
Can a passport data page that expired a month ago be used for a consent letter to get a Nigeria e- passport for a new born baby in uncle Sam land?

I would think so.

The information is stil valid and you're not using it for travel.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Just a quick question here.
A lot of the time on NL, I see Ibeju Lekki properties (land) for sale (refinary/free trade zone etc), and its hard not to notice it. Just curious to know if anyone has bought into any of these so called next big thing in Ibeju Lekki. If so, it would be good to hear from you, name of the place, location description and what your experience has been so far ?

The cost will also be nice to know.

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I would think so.

The information is stil valid and you're not using it for travel.
Thanks Big Eguns! Its for my baby.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
back2sender:

Thanks Big Eguns! Its for my baby.

You're welcome. "Olorun aba wa wo gbogbo won o" amin.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 5:28am On Apr 20, 2017
mavverick:
A lot of the time on NL, I see Ibeju Lekki properties (land) for sale (refinary/free trade zone etc), and its hard not to notice it. Just curious to know if anyone has bought into any of these so called next big thing in Ibeju Lekki. If so, it would be good to hear from you, name of the place, location description and what your experience has been so far ?

Thanks in advance.
At your own risk. This is Mowe 2.0

Lekki Scheme 2 that is close by started in 1996 . It is yet to fully develop to full capacity. Except you want to keep it for 30 to 40 years.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 20, 2017
amanikondo:

Lekki Scheme 2 that is close by started in 1996 . It is yet to fully develop to full capacity. Except you want to keep it for 30 to 40 years.

I'm trying to fix an expose that Lawyer (our alleged fearless leader) wrote on the area.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2017
Mowe 2.0 ke

I dont know Mowe apart from the fact that I think its along Lagos/Ibadan express, do you mean its bad or what ?
I know about Lekki scheme 2 and you are right, despite the new roads, drainage, street lights etc. Still no development. In fact self the roads are covered like a bush right now.

Lekki scheme 2 is also not in Ibeju, more like Eti-Osa LGA. I believe Ibeju starts right after Sangotedo/Majek area.

amanikondo:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 11:41am On Apr 20, 2017
View current prices of building materials updated today
visit www.set2build.com/market-prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
back2sender:
/
Of course. It should be ok.

They are more interested in the fees than the content of your passport.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/
Of course. It should be ok.

They are more interested in the fees than the content of your passport.
Thanks man
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
mavverick:

Thanks in advance.
Maverick forget all those manner of advert here, some are not real. For us that leave in that axis, we are providing our infrastructure ourselves, roads are untarred, no Street light, no water except personal borehole i can go on and on.
I was at that Akodo axis some weeks back and no major development taking place.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
back2sender:

ur question may be beta answered here, though i think it doesnt matter.

https://www.nairaland.com/3436650/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/207

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
mavverick:
Mowe 2.0 ke

I dont know Mowe apart from the fact that I think its along Lagos/Ibadan express, do you mean its bad or what ?
I know about Lekki scheme 2 and you are right, despite the new roads, drainage, street lights etc. Still no development. In fact self the roads are covered like a bush right now.

Lekki scheme 2 is also not in Ibeju, more like Eti-Osa LGA. I believe Ibeju starts right after Sangotedo/Majek area.

I Know lekki scheme 2 is in Eti Osa. I am using it as an illustration that your investment in that area will take so many years. There will be no development.

It is better you buy close by and your property will appreciate quickly. Sangotedo area is not bad.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
@skimanshi and other builders in ph - rivers state. would you advice someone to commence a build now or next month?...considering the rains and all that.... also about moulding or buying ready made blocks, which has more merits, i know both have pros and cons.am more concerned with cost and block quality.

3rdly is a concrete mixer critically important during the early stages of a build/foundation etc?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
earthrealm:
@skimanshi and other builders in ph - rivers state. would you advice someone to commence a build now or next month?...considering the rains and all that.... also about moulding or buying ready made blocks, which has more merits, i know both have pros and cons.am more concerned with cost and block quality.

3rdly is a concrete mixer critically important during the early stages of a build/foundation etc?
Commence your building if the funds are available. the rain won't stop next month or anytime soon. There should be a polythene on site to cover the block work should incase it rains.

People buy blocks most times due to lack of time & inadequate space to mould blocks. If your land is spacious & u are not in a hurry, i will advise u to mould the blocks yourself. u will be more certain of the quality. Also often times it is cheaper.

The quantity of concrete work to be carried out determines if u will be needing concrete mixer
If your building is large, u will definitely need concrete mixer for the slab. because of the quantity of concrete required.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
earthrealm:

. We are in the season of the rains. So it's up to you and the availability of funds and timing. If you can get polythene, moulding is preferable as long as you're doing the right moulds and you have the space. An able moulder can mould blocks out of 10 bags/day so you can get up to 5 guys to speed the process up. You do not necessarily need a concrete mixer for that. Do your calculations/estimations/postulations and work at your own pace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.