Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website (16146 Views)

Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps / Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending / WAR BEGINS!: Ambode Removes Fashola’s Name From List Of Lagos Past Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by mbulela: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2015
Yeyeosha:
All these would not have happened if fashola had kept
Quiet. His response caused all the scatter scatter.
As the former governor of the state, it behoves him
to keep a dignified silence.

His 8 years on office should have robbed a little bit of diplomacy in his system.
You people out there should know that before you are called to take a political post,you do not only sign a social contract to the people but also to your party.

Buhari says that he believes in party supremacy
Let fashola tow the party line and stop taking advice
From those because I go chop advisers.
Nobody hates fashola, but no man would allow a son to err.
My advice is for him to go back home like a prodigal son

Why should he keep silent?
Even the guilty put up a defence how much more one who thinks he is innocent.
Go back to what?
Prodigal what?
Tinubu is not his biological father. Why should he beg him?
Is Tinubu God?
It is not like fashola is a career politician.
He should damn the political consequences, gather the little he has looted or saved and resume his legal career.
He should show Tinubu the middle finger and move on with his life.

4 Likes

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by mbulela: 9:04am On Aug 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:

That is why till tomorrow, I still prefer PDP to APC; even with their shortcomings. PDP members are not Saints, and they never claim to be, but APC members are irredeemable demons and at the same time putting on the facade of sainthood. I only pity their gullible zombies.
Only fools are gullible enough to believe the sainthood of APC members.
However, they are still better than PDP.
With more experience at the center they may rival PDP but not yet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by SeverusSnape(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2015
mbulela:
Only fools are gullible enough to believe the sainthood of APC members. However, they are still better than PDP. With more experience at the center they may rival PDP but not yet.
How are they better than PDP?

1 Like

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 25, 2015
APC chanjiiiii, begot groups of confused, morons pple that being reason from there anus,...always defending criminals in there Apshit party grin grin

2 Likes

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Laid2001: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2015
Fashola ran an open government. That he even dared to make information on all his contracts available to everyone online is a testimony to that.
Rather than for Ambode to take down the website, I think he should have continued in that tradition and even go further than headline topics for each contracts by making detailed scope of each contracts available.!.

Not a single other governor has achieved what Fashola did. Despite the fact that some of the contracts looks exhorbitant and unrealistically expensive, I am convinced that if you have information on other states and their contracts, you will realise that Lagos state contracts during Fashola is Top Quatile.

Ambode have made some contract awards and he is still afraid of loading this contracts on the government website.! Rather, he is taking down the site. Where will the public get info on his projects?.

Note that the info on all these so called Fashola contracts were available even during the last campaign, it is a pity that PDP were too afraid to make it an issue due to the fact that these will be child play compared to the Federal government contracts.

Fashola never claimed to be a saint, he has tried his best to give us transparent governance, it may not be perfect, but still the best so far in the whole of Nigeria!!

The ball is in Ambode's court now and nothing short of an improved, more transparent governance, building on Fashola's achievement will be acceptable to the populace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by gboye1999: 9:20am On Aug 25, 2015
Firefire:

You mean ...

Probably so... if you consider the some details.
Where it is not so, the LAW is clear on erring parties.

- The demolition exercise was unique as no bulldozer or crane was used. Rather, some 5,900 explosives were planted all over the structure and then simultaneously detonated using remote devices.

- Giving insight into measures preceding the demolition, the governor said the experts undertook a pre-weakening and insulation of the structure – a process he said included the pre-demolition drilling, installation of wire mesh and sealing of the entire structure from the inside to prevent any dislodged elements from shooting out without control upon the explosion impact. According to him, a combination of plywood panels, scaffolding and geo-textile covers had been used to protect the surrounding structures from any impact.

- He added that preparatory to the controlled demolition exercise, all properties within a radius of 15,500 sq. metres from the target area (BOI building) had been acquired in the public interest.

Governor Fashola also revealed that adequate insurance cover had been taken by the firm handling the work, with the principal contractor taking out a US$150 million public liability insurance, in addition to all- all risk insurance, as a risk contingent on behalf of the team. Furthermore, he disclosed that there was also a Workmen’s Compensation Scheme for all operational staff during the exercise.

- Earlier, state commissioner for physical planning and urban development, Abosede, had explained that, a pre-event drilling had taken place on several occasions, even with the affected neighbours, such that everybody knew exactly what to do.

Where it is not so, the LAW is clear on erring parties.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by ikkkkk: 9:20am On Aug 25, 2015
mrborntodoit:
Too late,we already saw all the inflated contracts grin

I gave up on Fashola the moment he went to court to stop the FOI, I gave up on APC when I noticed that their hypocrisy and double standards has no limit .

It's also worthy of note that APC supporters can't discuss or argue without tribal sentiments and insults .

A million likes for ur comment.

1 Like

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Amack(m): 9:20am On Aug 25, 2015
Watch out this is how Tinubu will destroy his self. I remembered one pastor saying that. Fashola have his own records on how Tinubu embezzle lagosians money.

1 Like

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2015
ibedun:
This our Orobo governor sef! What have you done yet? Don't disgrace accountants o!

Nigerians fit give anything name...see as dem quickly give ds man "Orobo Governor" cheesy

1 Like

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by BannedOtherView: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2015
Aresa,

As someone who has gone out on limb to campaign for greater transparency in our public affairs, over the years, I disagree with the view that Ambode's administration erred by publishing the list of contracts awarded by Fashola's government.
It will amount to hypocrisy if anyone were to knock the new team for adopting one of the tenets of Open-Government, which was put in place by the last one but never fully developed. The lads at BudgIT are doing a darn fine job too, to increase general awareness around issues of accountability, and they need to be praised for their efforts.

Having stated the above, where I disagree with the travelling hounds of TANoids, Wailers, and ethnic bigots, who repeatedly spam these boards, is on the issue of context. It amounts to mob-lynching to charge and convict Fashola's government with impropriety, on the basis of a single-line statement contained in a document that lacks any useful detail. When I read some of the more moooronic arguments which attempt to reconcile Stella Oduah's unapproved, extra-budgetary spending - which we debated at length on these boards with clear facts and figures - with the witch hunt currently unfolding; I know what is stake. I understand the zero-sum game which has some commentators baying for blood, once they have juxtaposed Jonathan's attempt to procure an embalming machine for the Aso Rock (Govt) clinic; with the approved spending on 2 boreholes for which no further details have been provided.

As I pointed out yesterday, how does one argue with commentators who would sooner froth at the mouth than engage in the kind of analysis that a debate like this requires? How does one debate the ethnic bigot who mortgaged objectivity on the altar of primordial politics, a long time ago?

2 Likes

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by BannedOtherView: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2015
Laid2001:
Fashola ran an open government. That he even dared to make information on all his contracts available to everyone online is a testimony to that.
Rather than for Ambode to take down the website, I think he should have continued in that tradition and even go further than headline topics for each contracts by making detailed scope of each contracts available.!.

Not a single other governor has achieved what Fashola did. Despite the fact that some of the contracts looks exhorbitant and unrealistically expensive, I am convinced that if you have information on other states and their contracts, you will realise that Lagos state contracts during Fashola is Top Quatile.

Ambode have made some contract awards and he is still afraid of loading this contracts on the government website.! Rather, he is taking down the site. Where will the public get info on his projects?.

Note that the info on all these so called Fashola contracts were available even during the last campaign, it is a pity that PDP were too afraid to make it an issue due to the fact that these will be child play compared to the Federal government contracts.

Fashola never claimed to be a saint, he has tried his best to give us transparent governance, it may not be perfect, but still the best so far in the whole of Nigeria!!

The ball is in Ambode's court now and nothing short of an improved, more transparent governance, building on Fashola's achievement will be acceptable to the populace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just seen your post now.
Thanks for helping elevate the debate.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by 247notire(m): 9:32am On Aug 25, 2015
But wait o, all these guys saying BRF did well in his 8 yrs are u in this same lagos? Except u live on the island then it's different. On the mainland most places are messed up and totally unbefitting of a place like lagos. Very bad roads in most places in the mainland except federal roads. Flooding evry whr, no tangible investments by the LASG on the mainland, and yet Tinubu keeps enriching himself using the state's funds and some yoruba ppl take him as their political god. Anyway most sane yoruba peeps knw Tifnubu for who he is and detest him accordingly, afenifere and OPC as bodies inclusive. May all corrupt politicians past or present, APC or PDP continue to be exposed. We the non partisan go dey one corner with our American Honey dey watch in 4D.

1 Like

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by mrrock: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2015
APC is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria lately. No matter how bad PDP is, it's still more transparent than APC.

We're back to dictatorship.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by 989900: 9:47am On Aug 25, 2015
Happiness87:
pls i need, the complete list from 2007 till date

989900 you always talk about projects, see Fashola drilling 2 boreholes with timeline 12 months, i have involved in borehole projects for Akwa Ibom state, one borehole we drilled was 1.2million each, and we completed every thing within one month despite bureaucratic bottle necks

Fashola is constructing one borehole for about 70million

Like I said earlier (probably you haven't read my comments about Fashola lately); I am disappointed in him.
I am sorry, I don't know how you do it, but I can't just condone gross abuse of office/ corruption.

I support those allegations forwarded to the appropriate quarters with concrete evidences.

Fashola does it, doesn't make it right, neither does it absolve or justify others.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by emerged01(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2015
Tinubu has made a great mistake for allowing Ambode to be a governor. Even when Fashola was not on good terms with Tinubu he never tampered with Tinubu's image.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 25, 2015
Yeyeosha:
All these would not have happened if fashola had kept
Quiet. His response caused all the scatter scatter.
As the former governor of the state, it behoves him
to keep a dignified silence.

His 8 years on office should have robbed a little bit of diplomacy in his system.
You people out there should know that before you are called to take a political post,you do not only sign a social contract to the people but also to your party.

Buhari says that he believes in party supremacy
Let fashola tow the party line and stop taking advice
From those because I go chop advisers.
Nobody hates fashola, but no man would allow a son to err.
My advice is for him to go back home like the story of the prodigal son.
There should still be room for amicable settlement and should ignore comments.
Ko si eni to mo ipari ija.
But some people make money from it.
I voted for APC but am also a political/public Analyst.
What is said in the media highway
Is different from the thinking of ordinary
Nigerians out there.

Yeyeosha done come. undecided

So once Fashola apologizes to Tinubu all the corruption allegations no longer becomes corruption!!! You APC idiots are the worse hypocrites I have ever come across!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by ajepako(f): 10:03am On Aug 25, 2015
APC stinks to high heaven!

But what baffles and annoys me is: they are quick to point fingers and castigate PDP when their own house is a million times dirtier, messier, and filthier than that of PDP

PDD is no saint and they are not pretending to be one and it's obvious they are extremely corrupt

But APC hypocrisy and double standard will make even Lucifer envious.

No wonder they deserve award in Hypocrisy and Double Standard..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by adeyinkaadebami: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2015
Governor abode no 1 is perfect,u better face ur government,because fashola has tried is best nd he also turn lagos to small london,so its u need to work harder dan him.goodluck
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Bollinger(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2015
As much as it pains me to say this, but i think a coup is what Nigeria needs. Then they need to do what Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana; wipe out the old guard and start all over. Ghana is better off for it today. The rot in Nigeria is too deep that generations unborn have been tainted psychologically. Corruption is a normal thing which in a normal society is not normal.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Atlantian: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2015
Has Fashola cut a deal ?
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Wasquad(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2015
tuniski:
no mind them they voted emotionally and some out of anger. And like everything done in anger high on emotion, the result is always disastrous. Apc/buhari is that emotional choice many are regretting already.

Emotional choice..datsit..gbam

2 Likes

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by door2(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2015
Broda orobo, ±tiubu vs fashola. @ lagos. Amusun ±tiubu vs osoba @ ogun. Apc !!! Change . I laugh u.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by mrborntodoit: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Fixed! Thank me later. cool

Trouble maker, you don chop?
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by mrborntodoit: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2015
Earthkumy:
matured reply God bless you

You are welcome grin
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by mrborntodoit: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2015
ikkkkk:

A million likes for ur comment.

Thanks
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by katniss(f): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2015
The moment I saw Amobode's campaign picture, where he was holding a microphone with one leg out, giving a peace sign, I knew he wasn't the man for lagos. It is good that people are now opening their eyes. It is obvious this man is Tinubu's puppet. I never supported APC for anything because I could see the hypocrisy behind the party. When they won, my prayer was that any elected leader would act independent of his party. The problem with Nigerians is we are too gullible. Fashola may not be a saint but he is the best governor Nigeria has had in a long time, if not ever.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Firefire(m): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Se e ri. Not se o ri. Egbon re no mo je o. cheesy

Egbon, e ma binu si mi sir, Omode lo n se mi. smiley

Please, what do you have to say about the resent revelation of HIGH LEVEL looting in your APC camp ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Ayatullah(m): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
mrborntodoit:
Too late,we already saw all the inflated contracts grin

I gave up on Fashola the moment he went to court to stop the FOI, I gave up on APC when I noticed that their hypocrisy and double standards has no limit .

It's also worthy of note that APC supporters can't discuss or argue without tribal sentiments and insults .

Hope you are on the way to INEC to submit the registration of your own Party.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by PassingShot(m): 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
Firefire:

Egbon, e ma binu si mi sir, Omode lo n se mi. smiley

Please, what do you have to say about the resent revelation of HIGH LEVEL looting in your APC camp ?
I am not an APC member though I prefer it to PDP.

I am a Buharist. Simple as ABC.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by CSTR2: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
And jimi agbaje is somewhere weeping for lagos.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
aresa:

lol @ village spare parts apprentice TaNoid illiterate claiming accounting.. These villagers no go kill pesin with lafta I swear.. grin

Wonders shall never end.. grin

Zombie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures / Osinbajo Having Issues Playing Role Of President – PDP / Female Students Arrested In Akwa Ibom Over Campaign Mobilization Fee. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.