Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website (16144 Views)

Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps / Reps At War With Sports Minister Over 2016 Budget Spending / WAR BEGINS!: Ambode Removes Fashola’s Name From List Of Lagos Past Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by dotmoth4life: 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
DexNova Consulting is a leading training and consulting company providing professional courses and service to firms and individuals round the year. With our strategic partnerships and accreditations, we will satisfy your requirements towards professional development and career advancement.

We train hundreds of professionals yearly and we have exciting courses to enhance your skills in the areas of Project Management, Business Analysis, Risk Management Professional, Construction Project Management, Primavera P6 and other Certification Trainings.

Click here to view our courses and sign up for any training or recommend it to a friend.
Discount and Promotional offers available on selected courses.

OUR OFFICES
Lagos
No 149, Herbert Marcauley Way
Adekunle Bus Stop, Opp. 3rd Mainland Bridge, Yaba
Lagos State. Tel: 01-3423761, 07039273453

Port Harcourt
Suite B4, 2nd Floor Lenu Plaza, Plot 303 Abacha Road GRA Phase 3, Port Harcourt. Tel: 084-302102, 07061560182

www.dexnovaconsulting.com
enquiries@dexnovaconsulting.com

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by aresa: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
Laid2001:
Fashola ran an open government. That he even dared to make information on all his contracts available to everyone online is a testimony to that.
Rather than for Ambode to take down the website, I think he should have continued in that tradition and even go further than headline topics for each contracts by making detailed scope of each contracts available.!.

Not a single other governor has achieved what Fashola did. Despite the fact that some of the contracts looks exhorbitant and unrealistically expensive, I am convinced that if you have information on other states and their contracts, you will realise that Lagos state contracts during Fashola is Top Quatile.

Ambode have made some contract awards and he is still afraid of loading this contracts on the government website.! Rather, he is taking down the site. Where will the public get info on his projects?.

Note that the info on all these so called Fashola contracts were available even during the last campaign, it is a pity that PDP were too afraid to make it an issue due to the fact that these will be child play compared to the Federal government contracts.

Fashola never claimed to be a saint, he has tried his best to give us transparent governance, it may not be perfect, but still the best so far in the whole of Nigeria!!

The ball is in Ambode's court now and nothing short of an improved, more transparent governance, building on Fashola's achievement will be acceptable to the populace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, thanks for this brilliant and very intelligent post.

1. Ambode took down the website because of the backlash and whooping he's getting from Lagosians regarding his anti Fashola moves. Lagosians love Fashola and are still visibly enjoying his governance.

Ambode is trying to clean himself up by taking down the site and claiming that mischivious elements are misusing and twisting the info on the website.

2. Ambode's latest move wont work and he can not distance himself from the fiasco he created. He not only refused to clarify the info ob behalf of his predecessor with facts and details available to him, he actively lied against the Fashola and hung him out there to dry all based on bogus and misleading info.

3. The Falomo mall concession comes to mind. Ambode publicly lied that Fashola took N50 million for a 50 years concession which the company involved disputed.

Ambode did not tell Lagosians that Fashola actually made tons of money for Lagosians by securing a whooping 38% stake in the N300 billion investments and on top of that, the whole investment and the mall itself goes to the people of Lagos after 50 years.

Means Lagosians don't have to wait 50 years before benefiting from the contract since their 38% stake means billions going to the people of Lagos state.

4. During Fashola's 8 years, he commissioned multiple projects every week, but this Ambode man is yet to commission anything even though Fashola left hundreds of projects in different stages of completion with many already completed.

The idea is to delay commissioning to create the impression that they ae his projects and not Fashola's projects which to me who's project it is makes no difference as long as Lagosians gets their completed projects in a timely Fashion to enjoy.

1 Like

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by tuk2ato(m): 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
Kenny, while you have a point, it maybe deemed 'naive', dont forget to consider the politics of the whole issues. BRF did a book launch of his tenure in office, no APC stalwart attended, the man left office, over-inflated contracts surfaced on the lagos PPA website, even though BRF had fought successfully FOI disclosure Act in court.
kenny987:

So ur point all along has been that this is an elite club, a party for a particular class so members of the public are not welcome! Ur argument has been that he (BRF) couldn't have posted the info n contract figures on the website if he had something to hide or if there was anything wrong yet here u are rejoicing that d 'honest' information had been taken down. Here u are telling the one u refer to as orobo that he shouldn't start what he can't finish!

So because all of them drink from the same cesspool no attempt to bring some clarity should be entertained! BRF refused to domesticate the FOI Act and even went to court to stop its operation in Lagos state and I don't hear you complain. Tell me how those contract details which u demand will ever be fully disclosed. This is the reason Nigerian leaders steal n walk with impunity cos ppl like u are there to do their dirty jobs. Well done aresa.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by kenny987(f): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
tuk2ato:
Kenny, while you have a point, it maybe deemed 'naive', dont forget to consider the politics of the whole issues. BRF did a book launch of his tenure in office, no APC stalwart attended, the man left office, over-inflated contracts surfaced on the lagos PPA website, even though BRF had fought successfully FOI disclosure Act in court.

Why would he even fight the FOI Act albeit successfully as u said? He was a custodian of public funds and trust. Are the members of the public not entitled to information regarding how monies were spent? Regardless of politics, if he is tainted then he should be exposed and since we have a way of justifying and protecting 'our own' even in the face of monumental misconduct then Nigerians are happy to get every info they can by whatever means. Did these info suddenly appear? Have they not bn there even b4 d coming of ds current government?
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by tuk2ato(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
The information just came to the public domain o! Am not in support of any of them, but he that must come to equity must come with clean hands. This same Ambode had a case that was hushed down by his political godfather! And what annoys me the most is how Lagos State has been made the personal estate of one man. Some of the over-inflated contracts went to the phony companies of the godfather!
kenny987:

Why would he even fight the FOI Act albeit successfully as u said? He was a custodian of public funds and trust. Are the members of the public not entitled to information regarding how monies were spent? Regardless of politics, if he is tainted then he should be exposed and since we have a way of justifying and protecting 'our own' even in the face of monumental misconduct then Nigerians are happy to get every info they can by whatever means. Did these info suddenly appear? Have they not bn there even b4 d coming of ds current government?
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by kenny987(f): 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
tuk2ato:
The information just came to the public domain o! Am not in support of any of them, but he that must come to equity must come with clean hands. This same Ambode had a case that was hushed down by his political godfather! And what annoys me the most is how Lagos State has been made the personal estate of one man. Some of the over-inflated contracts went to the phony companies of the godfather!

That is the obvious and glaring problem yet someone here says we must have specifications and details of the contract awarded at about 140million naira for 2 boreholes b4 we can tell that it was padded and over-inflated! Sycophancy of the highest order!
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by tuk2ato(m): 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
So many blind followers these days! what kind of borehole can cost that much, when we arent taking about oil well.
kenny987:

That is the obvious and glaring problem yet someone here says we must have specifications and details of the contract awarded at about 140million naira for 2 boreholes b4 we can tell that it was padded and over-inflated! Sycophancy of the highest order!
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Jesusloveyou: 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I am an accountant too (about to be though), He's not disgracing us, He's making us proud. cheesy

Great Accountants!...Great!!
hmm, no wonder, u are still a kid

1 Like

Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by SeverusSnape(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
hmm, no wonder, u are still a kid
Keep shut before I slap you through the phone.
Re: LASG Removes Fashola’s Budget Spending From Website by Jesusloveyou: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Keep shut before I slap you through the phone.
hmm, children of nowadays don't have respect for their senior, u are just like my son.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Abductors Wanted To Kill Me — Falae / Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law / I Have Recorded Notable Achievements - President Buhari Reveals On Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.