Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex (2841 Views)

Guys, To Be Dumped Or Maga-ad, Which Is More Preferable ? / She Came Back Because She Got Dumped (should I Accept Her?) / PLease help-i just got dumped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 4:03am On Mar 30, 2009
Hey folks, let us all try something new.

Most of us have either experienced break ups or heard about them. Let's all share our experiences about the feeling that consumed us as we grieve(d) over the loss of a loved one (assuming some folks even felt sad at all grin ).

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by SeanT21(f): 4:11am On Mar 30, 2009
I never been dumped before.Some People take dumping hard.I can not stand the sight of someone shedding tears because they got dumped.Hello People,If You got dumped,IT WAS PROBABLY NOT MEANT 2 BE!!~~GET OVER IT!!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 4:14am On Mar 30, 2009
Interesting take.

I have kind of done the dumping before. A few times actually.

Even though I felt relieved, I was overwhelmed with sadness.
I thought that my whole life had been taken away from me forcefully. I became physically sick for sometime and started to lose weight. Depression almost took over.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by SeanT21(f): 4:18am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Interesting take.

I have kind of done the dumping before. A few times actually.

Even though I felt relieved, I was overwhelmed with sadness.
I thought that my whole life had been taken away from me forcefully. I became physically sick for sometime and started to lose weight. Depression almost took over.

So why did U dump her in the first place??

If U fell in a state of depresion then U should have kept her.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by bluespice(f): 4:18am On Mar 30, 2009
*praying*

lord Jesus may i never become too attached to get dumped . .  .until im read to marry which will be for better for worse

amen!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 4:20am On Mar 30, 2009
SeanT21:

So why did U dump her in the first place??

If U fell in a state of depresion then U should have kept her.
INCOMPATIBILITY embarassed Love is never enough . Do you understand what I mean?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 4:23am On Mar 30, 2009
lord Jesus may i never become too attached to get dumped . . .until im read to marry which will be for better for worse

I used to have that kind of fantasy when I was 10 years old grin . be realistic.

nobody is an indispensable asset. Just wait till you get bitten by the chemical bug. Anyone can get dumped when least expecting it.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by bluespice(f): 4:25am On Mar 30, 2009
"love comes to those who believe in it" wink
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Sissy3(f): 4:27am On Mar 30, 2009
i dumped him, so i didnt really know how he was feeling, didnt care much about it either undecided
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 4:35am On Mar 30, 2009
bluespice:

"love comes to those who believe in it" wink
yeah. in those make-believe romance novels you like to read.

truth is, what became "love" took hardwork and trust to build.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by SeanT21(f): 4:42am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

INCOMPATIBILITY embarassed Love is never enough . Do you understand what I mean?

Yes.I understand.You have to get along with her and share many common interest and beliefs.In that case why where U with her in the first place?? My thing is if I don't see myself marrying you,I do not waste my time dating you.In that way no one feelings in hurt.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 4:46am On Mar 30, 2009
Isn't that why you date to find out?

i think we all wished we could just pick somebody out and automatically live happily ever after. that primary two cinderella story doesn't happen in real life baby.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by bluespice(f): 4:48am On Mar 30, 2009
ethanol if u will only stop and actually read my post ull get wat im saying
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 4:53am On Mar 30, 2009
I know dear. No mind me.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by SeanT21(f): 4:55am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Isn't that why you date to find out?

i think we all wished we could just pick somebody out and automatically live happily ever after. that primary two cinderella story doesn't happen in real life baby.

NOPE,U do not have to date a person to find out If U have a future with them.Do U have 2 date a Muslim to find out If U will marry him in the future??If U love slender girls,do U have 2 date a obese lady to find out if there is really a future??

I can know If I have a future with a person just by talking with them for a few minutes.I was at work 2 weeks back and I had a boy come up to me by the name of Anthony.We started talking and he asked for my number.I give it to him telling him we can only be friends.Later he told me that he had a baby on the way and a girlfriend.He said he was afraid 2 tell me at first.Later in the evening and the next day he kept on texting me.I ignore it.So do I have 2 date him before I can see that the future is bleak NOPE!!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 30, 2009
@topic
I felt very good when I dumped C2H5OH cool cool
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 4:59am On Mar 30, 2009
Look, I am not the kind to go into a relationship with someone I actually don't want.

So bluespice/ashanti, take note on being emotionally attached
I think it's good to love with your head, I really do.  I think that' why you date to form your impression about the person you are interested in.  Mind you, as soon as we get into the true relationship phase, I begin to let go of my heart.  If after some months we break up, it's hard not to miss what we have had.  Whether or not I did the breaking up is beside the point @ SeanT
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 5:03am On Mar 30, 2009
NOPE,U do not have to date a person to find out If U have a future with them.Do U have 2 date a Muslim to find out If U will marry him in the future??If U love slender girls,do U have 2 date a obese lady to find out if there is really a future??
Haven't you heard stories of those people who found love when/where they least expected?
I don't like your analogy. Muslims and Christians get married all the time.

I can know If I have a future with a person just by talking with them for a few minutes.
This is an enormous lie. Ever heard of pretenders?
Maybe you have never been taken for a ride.

I was at work 2 weeks back and I had a boy come up to me by the name of Anthony.We started talking and he asked for my number.I give it to him telling him we can only be friends.Later he told me that he had a baby on the way and a girlfriend.He said he was afraid 2 tell me at first.Later in the evening and the next day he kept on texting me.I ignore it.So do I have 2 date him before I can see that the future is bleak NOPE!!
This one story does not prove that you are miss Cleo.

Ebony continue liaring to yourself. I give you 5 years, you will be carrying my handsome baby after I knock you up for good.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Nobody: 5:04am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Look, I am not the kind to go into a relationship with someone I actually don't want.

So bluespice/ashanti, take note on being emotionally attached
I think it's good to love with your head, I really do. I think that' why you date to form your impression about the person you are interested in. Mind you, as soon as we get into the true relationship phase, I begin to let go of my heart. If after some months we break up, it's hard not to miss what we have had. Whether or not I did the breaking up is beside the point @ SeanT
So why should you still be reminiscing on the break up or how you felt?

Your last post was successfully ignored!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 5:06am On Mar 30, 2009
That's a lie 'cos u made a comment about it.

Reminisce because moving forward doesn't come easy. Look at topup for example. She got out of a bad relationship and she can't help it.

In fact I can't wait for topup's insight. Please topup where are you?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

That's a lie 'cos u made a comment about it.

Reminisce because moving forward doesn't come easy. Look at topup for example. She got out of a bad relationship and she can't help it.

In fact I can't wait for topup's insight. Please topup where are you?
She still has a feeling for her ex. . . .do you too?

Wy do you ppl rem this kinda stuff? I don't even rem why we (my ex and I) broke up again.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 5:13am On Mar 30, 2009
Because your "relationship" was never taken seriously by the both of you.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Because your "relationship" was never taken seriously by the both of you.
I beg to differ
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by puskin: 5:25am On Mar 30, 2009
My personal rule, i dnt dump gals 4 wateva maybe d reason. I just allow d relationship 2play itself out. She'll eventually walk away on her own. Dis way she's free of d trauma or emotional mess.
But come 2tink of it, do i date them or do i just f**k them. Hmmmmmmmmm?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 5:29am On Mar 30, 2009
mmm good question. i mean if all you did was just fu*ked them, then it didn't really matter that you were in a relationship. it was no strings attached fun with someone you didn't care about. might as well be friends with benefits, right?

if you got separated from someone you truly cared about you would understand what this means. maybe the reason you decided to just start fu*king them is because one of them did you wrong in the past?

Such an ass.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by topup: 5:43am On Mar 30, 2009
When I dumped my first ex in highschool, I felt relieved and skipped along because he was too immature and it wasn't serious. When he dumped me (when I gave him a second chance) I didn't care, because he was always immature - asking for a second chance just so he could do the dumping this time.

My second kinda relationship, when I found out he was with another girl - It hurt like crazy and I just played along as if I was okay with the whole thing. It took almost a 6 months to get over it - uni helped a lot.

My third and most recent relationship, technically I dumped him, BUT really he dumped me by giving up on the relationship and almost putting the words in my mouth. Like C2H5OH said in his earlier post, I felt like I was being forced to let him go when I wasn't ready. He had withdrawn emotionally about a month before it ended, but I was trying to make everything work, and his confession about his undying love for me a week before the breakup didn't help either. I think the breakup wasn't that bad actually, I think all the psychological stuff afterwards was. I'm gonna keep the details to myself since;

a) errbody's sick of hearing it.

smiley
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 30, 2009
awwwwww
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by C2H5OH(f): 5:46am On Mar 30, 2009
Please share.  Isn't that the purpose of the threaD?

You are right about the psychological effect.  It almost feels like one is being left for dead.  You start trying to connect the dots, looking for an explanation, you hold on to false hope. . . gaaaah

ebony,
quit being a homer.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 30, 2009
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by topup: 5:48am On Mar 30, 2009
puskin:

My personal rule, i dnt dump gals 4 wateva maybe d reason. I just allow d relationship 2play itself out. She'll eventually walk away on her own. Dis way she's free of d trauma or emotional mess.
But come 2tink of it, do i date them or do i just f**k them. Hmmmmmmmmm?

shocked This is a major eye opener, especially the last line. First of all, you're wrong, she's not free of all the trauma and emotional stress, you are, because you mentally have prepared yourself for the breakup before it happens, you're ready for her to say goodbye, so when she says it and is all emotional, you're composed, it might hurt a bit afterwards, but you were ready for it.

Just because you get to break up with someone doesn't mean you had the easier job or your emotions are far less traumatized, it's a speculation but it isn't true. I didn't use to understand it, but now I do, it can be painful to let go of someone you love, even if you're the one doing the cutting off, because usually you're placed in a very tempermental situation, where you have no other choice, and it's almost like you're being coerced into the breakup.

Yeah, I've known guys who would watch the relationship fall because they wanted it to end and when you're breaking up, with them, they're far more collected than you are, because you actually had faith and hope in the relationship.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by topup: 5:52am On Mar 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Please share.  Isn't that the purpose of the threaD?

You are right about the psychological effect.  It almost feels like one is being left for dead.  You start trying to connect the dots, looking for an explanation, you hold on to false hope. . . gaaaah

ebony,
quit being a homer.

I ain't gonna share my life story but after the breakup, he called my best friends begging for their & my forgiveness, crying down the phone (I was present to one conversation), he didn't call me, but my friends, then he sent one of his friends to spy on me and ask me questions and tell me how much I'd hurt the guy lol, It goes on. Just a lil' taster.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Got Dumped Or Dumped Your Ex by Moonstone(f): 6:03am On Mar 30, 2009
My very first was easy. The day I broke up with him, I had exams and I aced them. I never feel bad after breakups because you should not let anyone determine your mood but you. If I break up, no tears. . . there are many more opportunities to break up so why cry over just one?

As far as I'm concerned, no relationship is worth crying for if broken.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do I Tell? / An Open Letter To The Nice Guy Who Got Heart-broke. . . / Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.