Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Effects Of Lamination On Certificate - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Effects Of Lamination On Certificate (54882 Views)

If You Talk Too Much: Health Effects Of Excessive Talkativeness / Five (5) Catastrophic Effects Of ASUU Strikes On University Students / Positive And Negative Effects Of Scrapped Post UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Jj222(f): 9:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
wow I love this topic. very educative .

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by filcast(m): 9:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
But Buhari's certificates were laminated and nothing happened.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Visocrate(m): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ay92:

your post reminds me of a question that has been bothering me for sometimes now. Please is there any other career choice or profession that one can do with a Bsc.ed certificate apart from teaching.

Sorry for the diversion and thanks in anticipation of your reply.
yes bros a lot of opportunities , you can work in the hospital as an admin staff, you can work in food industries, you can work in companies requiring educational background, you can work in any zoological or botanical organization, you can work in even aviation sector
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Jonwesley(m): 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
Nairalanders please I'm totally disappointed. As important and educative as the thread is, none of the responders to the post has any advice to those like me who have erroneously and ignorantly laminated all their documents, even my children birth certificates.

The question is what can we do about them having made the blunder in laminating them? Before now laminating documents was the right and first action on certificates to ensure it does not get wrinkled or torn. Those yet to laminate theirs are lucky, not that they are wiser than we.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Bollove: 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
I have laminated all my certificates each and every one of them except M.sc and other professional qualifications wetin I go do now

Na my B.sc pain me pass ooo .... but schools abroad should request for transcript na instead of wasting their time on authenticity of my certs

Abeg , NID make una advice me ooooo
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by eaccyboy(m): 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
Tony36:
some organisations, such as embassies, foreign school, etc attach so much importance to the security mark on certificates. Lamination makes it difficult to inspect/verify the security seal.
no worry d new technology will detect it...dey say mk I no laminate my nysc cert I free as I dey inside car dey com I no kw how dis man go vomit na so my hand bag wet..wen I chck my cert..nysc don sock I shout 'it is a gben gben' sooooo
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by butanep(m): 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
I have never supported lamination of certificates.

Thank God I didn't laminate my waec certificate when I collected it from school, I would ve not graduated from school.

Waec altered my result online after 5years. I got to know about it during my final year clearance. My clearance officer rejected my result that it has been tempered online.

I was directed to the head office in lagos to complain and when I got there I told them that the result on my certificate is now different from the one displaying online.

The HOD told me to bring my raw certificate. He said waec doesn't accept laminated certificate. Thank God I didn't laminate my certificate. They later confirmed the authenticity of the certificate and a green light icon on the machine confirm the certificate is genuine. The man told me, you are very lucky your certificate wasn't laminated.

That is how my result was validated online. Every since then, I don't even allow my younger ones to laminate their certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
Mznaett:

So bcuz say she no gree cum bed na make u dey vex bah?undecided

Oya na continue owink
But remember say 2much garri na im dey cuz kwashiokor otongue hence her behaviour. Hop u knw varieties is d spice of lifegrin so let her experiment outside mbok

U fit help me talk to am to change her behaviour? Where she dey sef? Aitee1, dont disappoint me again tonight. Oya, it's bed time. come to bed now.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Tongsman(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
Very educative.
I learnt something. Thanks @OP for bringing up dis topic

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
Eidosky:
Some embassies and schools abroad reject laminated certificates. Reason is that the rubber used to laminate prevents the machine from reading the authenticity seal on it. I was a victim. I had to go through stress and expenses to get a new waec result since the original I laminated spoilt when I was trying to remove the laminate. Pls instead of laminating it, put it in the rubber but let them just seal the tip and not the whole body. So you can take it out anytime if required..

Soft lamination is the way to go. You dont need to LAAAMIIINAAATE it HAARRD. When its soft their is room for air space to keep it dry from moisture. Gerrit?
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
Eidosky:
Some embassies and schools abroad reject laminated certificates. Reason is that the rubber used to laminate prevents the machine from reading the authenticity seal on it. I was a victim. I had to go through stress and expenses to get a new waec result since the original I laminated spoilt when I was trying to remove the laminate. Pls instead of laminating it, put it in the rubber but let them just seal the tip and not the whole body. So you can take it out anytime if required..

When you say u get new certificate, what do you really mean? Waec issued new certificate to you or you re-registered for waec and took the exams again? Cos what i know is waec on no account can issue certificate twice. Never happened before and do not think it will in time soon to come.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by professore(m): 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
this is nice
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Aitee1: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
Mznaett:

So bcuz say she no gree cum bed na make u dey vex bah?undecided

Oya na continue owink
But remember say 2much garri na im dey cuz kwashiokor otongue hence her behaviour. Hop u knw varieties is d spice of lifegrin so let her experiment outside mbok

RedBenson oya have given you girlfriend free of charge, no more visit to oloshos joint, so enjoy while stock last!
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
Aitee1:

RedBenson oya have given you girlfriend free of charge, no more visit to oloshos joint, so enjoy while stock last!

Let me finish with you first. Oya, come to bed.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Topman0001(m): 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
ignis:
The only certificate I laminated is my NYSC Certificate, and that's because I saw others doing it at the POP ground.
Just like me, I laminated my NYSC cert bcus pple were doing it, immediately i laminated it, my friend who was ready to travel abroad for his Msc. came around n told me why i shouldn't have done that bcuz twill alway b challenging if i'm to use d cert abroad.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
Visocrate:
from my MSc.Ed , BSc .Ed , NCE ,NECO PRI SCH CERT. BIRTH CERT AND OTHERS. are all laminated so is there is any effect my name na SORRY
did you just say Msc. (Ed) and B.sc (ED). Am so proud of you. Faculty of education rocks
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Mcowubaba: 10:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
If u get hope or ambition to travel abroad for schooling or work... DON'T LAMINATE anything at all..even FSLC...

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
I laminated my waec and nysc certificate.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Mcowubaba: 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2015
mathskill:
I have schooled abroad without encountering any problems and all my certs are laminated including the cert inobtained there. This days verification can be done by sending emails to schools.
It would be nice to tell us the Country, so we will know!!!
Because Most (Embassies) schools abroad (Us, Canada, Germany) reject laminated certificates...

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Mznaett: 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
Aitee1:

D blood! shocked
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by iblaw: 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
I have my birth certificate, marriage certificate and children birth certificates laminated and i used this documents to obtain 6 months Uk visa and now 2 years Uk visa

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Ramj: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
Jonwesley:
Nairalanders please I'm totally disappointed. As important and educative as the thread is, none of the responders to the post has any advice to those like me who have erroneously and ignorantly laminated all their documents, even my children birth certificates.

The question is what can we do about them having made the blunder in laminating them? Before now.

If you have laminated it you can try to carfully remove it but it has to be sone very CLINICALLY... VERY CLINICALLY lest the certificate gets damaged. Second option is to just leave it like that..
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Aitee1: 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
RedBenson:

Let me finish with you first. Oya, come to bed.

Do you want to die before your time

Just make do with the one I dash you willingly and free me else what happened in 1968 will repeat itself undecided
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by obamartins(m): 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
victree007:

Laminating your certificates isn't a bad thing but you should know that when making international applications for whatsoever thing, they don't accept laminated documents. And if you want to "unlaminate" the document (pardon my vocab) you may end up spoiling/ruining/tearing the document. I for one do not like the idea of laminating my stuff
when applying to school abroad, they don't demand for ur certificates, but ur transcript, which is sent by your former school to them, so I don't think those that have laminated their have any issue.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by codedtee: 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ay92:

your post reminds me of a question that has been bothering me for sometimes now. Please is there any other career choice or profession that one can do with a Bsc.ed certificate apart from teaching.

Sorry for the diversion and thanks in anticipation of your reply.

Yes...in fact, you are as qualified as anyone with B.Sc. I graduated with a B.Sc(Ed) Computer Science from Tai Solarin University of Education and I've worked in several ICT firms. As long as you know what you're doing, fire on.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by bezimo(m): 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
EMEKA1MILLION:
If you dream of going abroad someday, stay away from laminating your certificate.

I've been abroad both Europe and the West and my B.Sc certificate is laminated and it was NOT an issue.So it doesn't always follow.
What the embassies do is to verify the result you presented in your application from your previous school and not necessarily by visual inspection of the presented paper.
But I did advice leave laminating the certificate since according to some few people, have experienced it as an issue.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by weselomo(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
scan it and save it to ur email then u can laminate or even tear it sef since u already scan and save it to ur email.
scanning of result is good
lamination is good
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by victree007(m): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
obamartins:
when applying to school abroad, they don't demand for ur certificates, but ur transcript, which is sent by your former school to them, so I don't think those that have laminated their have any issue.

I didn't mention school and transcripts. When making applications that requires you sending some documents they don't accept laminated ones. Take it or leave it
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2015
Aitee1:

Do you want to die before your time

Just make do with the one I dash you willingly and free me else what happened in 1968 will repeat itself undecided

You are not even current and historical sef. That thing that happened in 1968 repeated itself in 1982 and will happen again this 2015. Oya, come to bed. Even if na death, i'm ready to die.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Aitee1: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
RedBenson:

You are not even current and historical sef. That thing that happened in 1968 repeated itself in 1982 and will happen again this 2015. Oya, come to bed. Even if na death, i'm ready to die.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
Aitee1:

if u like, pee. U never see when toto don kill person before?
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
ignis:
The only certificate I laminated is my NYSC Certificate, and that's because I saw others doing it at the POP ground.

I laminated all and don't regret it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JSS1 Textbook Teaching Masturbation As Abstinence Causes Outrage / Exam Sitting Arrangement In Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka / George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.