Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships (2831 Views)

Yahoo Plus, Handkerchief, Ritual Sex: Many Nigerian Female Students Walking Dead / Why Do Guys Run Away From Cele Girls / We Are Both In Committed Relationships But Cant Do Without Eachother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2015
Today, many young Nigerian men avoid being in a committed relationships with ladies as if relationship was a plague! wink This cannot be the case some years back. We all better believe it now that there are lots of young ladies out there that are single. Guy, that pretty young lady you see at a mall, church, market, eatery, etc could just be single and searching wink.

My post is not to heap blames on any gender or group but to share some of the possible factors that have necessitated a situation like this cool...because I know it has not been easy with some of our young men as they battle to keep up with life!!!

POSSIBLE REASONS:

1) Financial Incapacity: It is a known fact today in Nigeria that cultivating and maintaining a stable relationship requires a level of financial stability. How do you expect an unemployed guy to maintain a relationship in these present days? Many guys are still trying to find their feet so they don't want to be bothered about relationships' ups and downs, this and that, that and this! These guys have already had enough from their troubles so they don't intend compounding issues with the numerous relationship dramas. Afterall, one must be able to take care of issues concerning him before taking care of issues concerning others. They are much concerned with polishing their financial status and giving it a 'face lift' wink. (Apologies to Jadakiss, an American rap legend).

2) Addiction to call-girls: Many guys run away from committed relationships because they have been addicted to prostitutes! They feel they can get from a call-girl what they can get from a lady whom they are in a relationship with. They don't care whether there's any emotional attachment or not!!! All they care about is to be seen with a babe, even if she is a pros because some guys have resorted to presenting call-girls in public events as girlfriends and showing these girls to their friends and family members! grin. Next time you see your paddy man with a light-skin yellow paw-paw babe, don't quickly conclude that he is in a committed relationship; she could just be a call-girl he picked up the other night from a notorious brothel! grin

3) The many emotional dramas in relationships: Most guys try as much as possible to escape from these emotional dramas. They avoid the issues of jealousy, pride, infidelity, betrayal, who didn't call or send a text and who did! Guys with this particular reason patronize prostitutes the most because they feel there's no need to bother about the above listed issues as soon as they find their way into the 'warm' hands of the numerous prostitutes in town wink

4) Materialism: This reason cannot be swept under the carpet. The rate at which young Nigerian women in our cities worship material things is very alarming and on the increase. When you approach most of them, they will 'size' you and calculate your worth instantly!!! If you don't drive a nice car and live in a well-furnished apartment, sorry bro, you are hardly to be considered as worthy of their time and 'love' wink. You must have some few change to 'oil' the machine before it starts working properly cheesy. Even the ones that you take to be decent and innocent would definitely show you this colour when the time comes. The truth is that some guys have given up on committed relationships due to the high level of materialism inherent. Some guys now do what I call 'shoot and eat' grin. They set a bait for a lady and when she falls for it, they grab the chance to sleep with her and run away after that as fast as they can. Before she realizes, guyman dor take off grin

5) Inferiority Complex: Some guys are just so scared of initiating relationships with ladies due to their psychological traits. Initiating a conversation is even a problem talk more of starting or maintaining a stable and committed relationship, especially, the chronic introverts who are quick to withraw into their shells permanently after an unsuccessful relationship or break-up!!! A guy who suffers from this is mostly cured forcefully when he starts making real good money wink. Then you will have the choice of breaking ladies' hearts at will, though, I don't subscribe to that! wink

God bless Nigerian youths!!! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by adedayourt(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2015
K
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Sveen: 9:16am On Aug 27, 2015
No. 3 is quite exasperating.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 27, 2015
Some guys are not into a commited relationship cause
1.His mindset is only for sex
2.He's selfish
3.He still wants to play the field
And maybe
4.He's got other priorities.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:17am On Aug 27, 2015
Sveen:
No. 3 is quite exasperating.
Hmm...really? grin
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by vizkiz: 9:18am On Aug 27, 2015
relationships is for the mature minds not kids
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:18am On Aug 27, 2015
Sassybae:
Okk
What else do you do other than posting comments like this? grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 27, 2015
grin were you waiting for me to post? Lol don't derail ur thread jare
Rapmoney:
What else do you do other than posting comments like this? grin
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2015
vizkiz:
relationships is for the mature minds not kids
So how do you define who is a kid? Is a man who is above 30 a kid? Because he is not into a relationship?
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by vizkiz: 9:26am On Aug 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
So how do you define who is a kid? Is a man who is above 30 a kid? Because he is not into a relationship?

I didn't mention anything about being a kid. I only mentioned maturity
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:31am On Aug 27, 2015
vizkiz:

I didn't mention anything about being a kid. I only mentioned maturity
Ok cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by vizkiz: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
Ok cheesy

lol. Age doesn't mean you are mature does it?

I have seen 30years old KIDs before so that is that about that. But being in a relationship shows some signs of responsibilities
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2015
WizyTechs:
I reserve my comments
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Cholls(m): 9:47am On Aug 27, 2015
my brother n5 is a lady's nightmare
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2015
vizkiz:

lol. Age doesn't mean you are mature does it?

I have seen 30years old KIDs before so that is that about that. But being in a relationship shows some signs of responsibilities
Bro, it depends on the nature of the relationshp. I wrote something on 'becoming a man' and emotional responsibility is among the traits cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:52am On Aug 27, 2015
Sassybae:
Some guys are not into a commited relationship cause
1.His mindset is only for sex
2.He's selfish
3.He still wants to play the field
And maybe
4.He's got other priorities.
He still wants to play the field? Common, that's outdated! Young men marry if the resources are there!
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:55am On Aug 27, 2015
Cholls:
my brother n5 is a lady's nightmare
Does it worry the ladies?
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2015
You think so
I've seen so many rich young guys still single, he's just not ready to get commited cause he feels he'll loose the fun nd free access to other ladies
Rapmoney:
He still wants to play the field? Common, that's outdated! Young men marry if the resources are there!
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2015
Nikola Tesla spent 78 years on the face of the earth without being in any committed relationship whatsoever.

I don't see any possible reason for that on your list, Mr rapmoney.

The truth is, some people are just not designed to frollick in romantic relationships.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 10:17am On Aug 27, 2015
Teempakguy:
Nikola Tesla spent 78 years on the face of the earth without being in any committed relationship whatsoever.

I don't see any possible reason for that on your list, Mr rapmoney.

The truth is, some people are just not designed to frollick in romantic relationships.
That's just one name you mentioned. I am talking about what should be obtainable in human life. You cannot rule out romance and companionship from the human race.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by naijaboiy: 10:18am On Aug 27, 2015
Its another one by rapmoney! cool

Lemme read through the post to see if i'll agree with him or not. smiley
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 10:19am On Aug 27, 2015
Sassybae:
You think so
I've seen so many rich young guys still single, he's just not ready to get commited cause he feels he'll loose the fun nd free access to other ladies
Very few my dear, very few cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2015
naijaboiy:
Its another one by rapmoney! cool

Lemme read through the post to see if i'll agree with him or not. smiley
wink cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Cholls(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
Does it worry the ladies?
my brother yes it does...
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by naijaboiy: 10:52am On Aug 27, 2015
I agree with number 3.

I'm still yet to be able to withstand the issue of trust,,emotional instability and many others when it comes to a committed relationship.

It's just tiring going through all those stuff and one cannot think straight. Most times I just think it's better to remain single and have flings without emotional attachments than go through unnecessary stress that will shorten one's life span.

I don't buy the patronising of prostitutes though.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2015
naijaboiy:
I agree with number 3.

I'm still yet to be able to withstand the issue of trust,,emotional instability and many others when it comes to a committed relationship.

It's just tiring going through all those stuff and one cannot think straight. Most times I just think it's better to remain single and have flings without emotional attachments than go through unnecessary stress that will shorten one's life span.

I don't buy the patronising of prostitutes though.
@pros, are you sure? Well, let me believe you on that wink cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by naijaboiy: 11:28am On Aug 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
@pros, are you sure? Well, let me believe you on that wink cheesy
Are you trying to generalise that every guy who is not ready to commit patronise prostitutes? undecided

There are so many girls willing to have a fling without emotional attachments and that's what I would go for. Not prostitutes.

I'm in a relationship right now so I was just speaking of when I wasn't.

Garrit? undecided
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 11:31am On Aug 27, 2015
tongue
naijaboiy:

Are you trying to generalise that every guy who is not ready to commit patronise prostitutes?

There are so many girls willing to have a fling without emotional attachments and that's what I would go for. Not prostitutes.

I'm in a relationship right now so I was just speaking of when I wasn't.

Garrit? undecided
Hmmm? That's nice to know undecided tongue
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Raalsalghul: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2015
I think I fall under point no 5, though I wouldn't use the word “Chronic Introvert” to describe myself.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by Raalsalghul: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2015
I think I fall under point no 5, though I wouldn't use the word “Chronic Introvert” to describe myself.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships by nanalady(f): 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hmmm..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Like My Profile Photo? / She's Faithful But I Don't Love Her 100% / Premonition: I Might Die After October 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.