Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Were People Right About Buhari? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Were People Right About Buhari? (42840 Views)

This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Lere Olayinka's Tweet About Buhari's Age Vs Aisha's / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by christinie(f): 6:46am On Aug 28, 2015
tonychristopher:

I would have proposed to you but I can't ....I know I have fallen in love

nice post
about the post: thanks.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by christinie(f): 6:47am On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:

There are many ways to kill a rat without blood, he danced to their tune then cos he knew he will succeed through them (thieves) now he has succeeded, he gives no damn to any fvcking polithiefians. He needs to clean nigeria up (I belong to everybody and belong to nobody) grin grin
are you listening to yourself?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by christinie(f): 6:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Those are blind followers of his.
erico2k2:

U remeber certain people on here said the 2nd Niger bridge was a scam grin grin grin
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 28, 2015
blueButtocks:
There are more appointments coming. Let's be patient.

Truth be told, I think Buhari is trolling the Tanoids. Even the most ardent of Buhari's haters would have been shocked by the announcements today. It was completely unexpected. This nigga really gives no Bleep.

For once, we have a leader who understands what it means to be President. A man who survived a coup and lost 3 elections really has it all to prove. And he will only appoint those whom he trusts. I only hope he applies a little wisdom in his next appointments to douse the tension of ethnic sentiments that's beginning to fester.
pls which other appointments are you talking about
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by 247notire(m): 6:51am On Aug 28, 2015
My take on this is that Buhari can appoint only northerners if he likes, it wud still not improve the lot of the northerners cos they wud still remain the poorest region in Nigeria. We in the SE have been doin very well even without any govt help. We are innovative hustlers and we mostly succeed at whatever we do. I cnt give myself headache over qho becomes minister and all that BS. It really doesn't reduce the hardship the poor masses face, it doesn't make 1 naira equal to one dollar, it doesn't reduce the price of garri, it doesn't add a kobo to my salary, so IDGAF!
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by fallout87: 6:51am On Aug 28, 2015
nobeku:
So?Does it matter?GEJ appointed southerners to most of the sensitive positions..why didn't you cry out?

You are an ediot.

- Dasuki was the NSA. Is he from the south?
- Umar & Badeh were Chief of Air Staff. They are from the south?
- Ibrahim & Badeh were Chief of Defence. They are from the south?
- Jabrin & Ibrahim were Chief of Naval. They are from the south?
-Rigim, Abubakar & Suleimam were made IG of police. Were they from the south?
- FCT Minister Bala is from the south?
- EFCC Chairman Lamorde is he from the south?
- INEC boss Jega is from the south?
- Was the Attorney General from the south?
- What about the Minister of planning?
- What about the Minister of power?

You guys are EDIOTS. They lie to you fools and you come and repeat the lies like it is fact.

The North has and will always enjoy sensitive positions. Their problem was they wanted TWO positions: Presidency and Petroleum. Since they didn't have either they decided to cause anarchy and sabotage.

It is a shame the SE and SW are brothers who are too stupid, too ignorant and too hate filled for one another that they let these Northerns continue to rot the entire country.

There is ONE thing that had been consistent throughout Nigeria's history. That is Northerns come first, rule first and everybody else last. They ruled through proxy with OBJ. He immediately installed Yar Adua. When he installed GEJ and GEJ wouldn't be a puppet for the North they destroyed GEJ and have now installed their own back to power so is giving then everything they want again.

Yet you fools are still arguing amongst yourselves thinking Yoruba is the enrmy or Ibo.

Shine your eyes! The enemy had never been either of you this entire time! They continue to benefit from the divide!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by alsudaes1(m): 6:53am On Aug 28, 2015
AZeD1:

Actually some people (including me) say we don't care because we actually don't care. Successive governments have used Federal character in their appointments and where has that gotten us to?
The only people who would care about where Buhari's appointees come from are politicians and illiterates.

We gave Buhari a 4 year mandate, how he goes about it should not be our problem as long as it is within the confines of the constitution.

some people would argue that if this regime's appointment so far is perceived to be skewed to the north, then the previous regime's appointments must have been skewed to the south.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by yudee233: 6:54am On Aug 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

You are not far from the truth. I would have thought we'd be discussing their credentials, if you asked me, the COS is impressive
Hope when it comes to Jamb and Federal Schools let the best occupy the positions
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 28, 2015
How he goes about it shouldnt be anyone s business.... That's the most silly statement , I have ever heard in a long time. PMP was not voted to dictate , he was elected to serve. And the electorates have the real power to butt him out.

AZeD1:

Actually some people (including me) say we don't care because we actually don't care. Successive governments have used Federal character in their appointments and where has that gotten us to?
The only people who would care about where Buhari's appointees come from are politicians and illiterates.

We gave Buhari a 4 year mandate, how he goes about it should not be our problem as long as it is within the confines of the constitution.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by chevkosticks(m): 7:15am On Aug 28, 2015
Am nt surprise to c some bunch of Nigerian dying in silence saying buhari will nt fail,whereas they dnt believe he will suceed...Jst to hide their shame
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by tonychristopher: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2015
christinie:
about the post: thanks.

your welcome ....
they aint seen anything yet

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by hinwazaka: 7:19am On Aug 28, 2015
nobeku:
How has PMB disobeyed the constitution my brethren?Is he done with appointments?Isn't it mainly with appointment of ministers that federal character should play out?Its always good to look at things from differing perspectives..
You are either ignorant or irrational. The Federal character principle is not left only to the appointment of ministers. it denotes a geographical spread of appointments in all spheres of government. And besides he should begin with the fair delegation of duties to all regions of the federation now, not later
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by tonychristopher: 7:22am On Aug 28, 2015
fallout87:

You are an ediot.

- Dasuki was the NSA. Is he from the south?
- Umar & Badeh were Chief of Air Staff. They are from the south?
- Ibrahim & Badeh were Chief of Defence. They are from the south?
- Jabrin & Ibrahim were Chief of Naval. They are from the south?
-Rigim, Abubakar & Suleimam were made IG of police. Were they from the south?
- FCT Minister Bala is from the south?
- EFCC Chairman Lamorde is he from the south?
- INEC boss Jega is from the south?
- Was the Attorney General from the south?
- What about the Minister of planning?
- What about the Minister of power?

You guys are EDIOTS. They lie to you fools and you come and repeat the lies like it is fact.

The North has and will always enjoy sensitive positions. Their problem was they wanted TWO positions: Presidency and Petroleum. Since they didn't have either they decided to cause anarchy and sabotage.

It is a shame the SE and SW are brothers who are too stupid, too ignorant and too hate filled for one another that they let these Northerns continue to rot the entire country.

There is ONE thing that had been consistent throughout Nigeria's history. That is Northerns come first, rule first and everybody else last. They ruled through proxy with OBJ. He immediately installed Yar Adua. When he installed GEJ and GEJ wouldn't be a puppet for the North they destroyed GEJ and have now installed their own back to power so is giving then everything they want again.

Yet you fools are still arguing amongst yourselves thinking Yoruba is the enrmy or Ibo.

Shine your eyes! The enemy had never been either of you this entire time! They continue to benefit from the divide!

don't blame south east here ..it's the sophisticated west that put us in this mess with their servitude mentality to north and now where are they

we Igbo are trying to let them see this but they have refused or play ostrich

thank lord the south south are seeing reasons today
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by freeage7(m): 7:31am On Aug 28, 2015
Agbaletu:
Buhari is executing northern agenda, just wait until he appoints ministers. Are there no incorruptible southerners that can be trusted? One year is even too much for me to put his government on the scale, i am just waiting for the northern ministerial's list. The north is laughing at the south......
The southerners still have not realised that they are mere tools in hands of the northerners, a tool that aid the northern agenda. How can the south forget so soon that PMB is a despot, now they are crying.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 28, 2015
AZeD1:

Well said. If he turns the economy around and jobs are created , basic amenities and infrastructure are provided , improved health care , security is provided and the educational sector revived ( the five basic duties of any government to its citizen ) , then how he does it shouldn't be our worry , who cares if he appoints Chadians as ministers , let him improve the welfare of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by tonychristopher: 7:48am On Aug 28, 2015
1. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria - north.2.Senate President- north.3. Speaker of the House of Representatives- north.4. Chief Justice of the Federation- north.5. President of the Court of Appeal- north.6. Chief Justice of the Federal High Court- north.7. Secretary to the Federal Government- north.8. Chief of Staff to the President- north.9. Chief of Army Staff- north.10. Chief of Air Staff- north.11. Comptroller General of Customs- north.12. Director-General of State Security Services (SSS)- north.13. National Security Advisor- north.14. Director General NIMASA- north.15. Chairperson of the Independant Electoral Commission(INEC)- north.16. Comptroller-General Immigration- north.17. Accountant-General of the Federation - north.18. Commander of Civil Defence Corps- north.19. Chief Security Officer to the President- north.20. ADC to the President- north.21. Principal Secretary to the President- north.22. Senior Special Assistant to the President on media- north.23. Chairman of the EFCC- north.24. Head of Service- north.25. MD of Nigerian Ports Authority- north. 26.DG of Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC)- north. 27. Chairman NDLEA- north. NIGERIANS WANTED ''CHANGE'' AND NOW WE HAVE GOT IT. NO-ONE SHOULD COMPLAIN BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT OUR PEOPLE WANTED. THOSE OF US THAT WARNED THE COUNTRY THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN WERE INSULTED AND LAMPOONED. NOW WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR CHOICE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS. WELCOME TO THE NEW NIGERIA. WELCOME TO ''CHANGE''.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by emmak2k4(m): 8:03am On Aug 28, 2015
On Buhari's Appointments So Far, My Take:

I believe Mr. President is scouting for competent persons to manage the affairs of our fragile country. I also believe competent persons are not found only at one corner of the country - they are everywhere. I believe there are competent persons in the South as well as in the North, East and West. I wish Mr. President appoints his kitchen cabinet from competent persons across the country so as to feed our salivation for a sense of belonging.

Nevertheless, a majority of US really do not care where his appointees hail from. We are least concerned whether they're people from Iruekpen in Ekpoma or people from Duara in Sokoto. Yes, I said so. When I said a majority of US do not mind, I am not talking about the regular APC, ANPP or PDP members. I'm not referring to the politicians also. I am talking about millions of Nigeria that told themselves "enough is enough" hence voted out Goodluck Jonathan. These persons do not care where Buhari appoints his people from, trust me. What we want is change - positive change. If we can get a loan when we need one, we don't care. If we have electricity which we pay for, we won't mind if everyone is from Kaduna. If the cost of living is reduced, why should we care where the Chief of Staff is from? If our lives get better, and the country becomes a more habitable habitat, we don't care. All we really want is progress and development. If Buhari can make all of these, or at least, most of these happen, he's our man any day, any time, any where. If all appointments have to come from one village for us to get it right, we don't care.

However, there is a downside to this strategy. When the President is unable to cause this positive changes, if he is unable to do so, he will go down in history as the leader that transformed love into hate within a short while. Nigerians will hate and resist him. This is the reason I wish he does not employ this strategy. A lot is at stake. The beautiful plan could hit the rocks. Some of us have our reputation at stake too. If Mr. President fails, it will be very difficult for us to even convince a son to vote for his father. Yes, it will be that bad.

Ultimately, Mr. Buhari seems to know what he is doing but like I said, I WISH he does things differently though I acknowledge the fact that it is also quite early to determine the strategy he is abducting.

Buhari should not let US down.

I rise!
(SDE)

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Dhugal: 8:11am On Aug 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

God bless you.
Hey Ostrich,read the law you asked for yet?.Or you're trying to turn a blind eye to it?.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Dhugal: 8:16am On Aug 28, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Well said. If he turns the economy around and jobs are created , basic amenities and infrastructure are provided , improved health care , security is provided and the educational sector revived ( the five basic duties of any government to its citizen ) , then how he does it shouldn't be our worry , who cares if he appoints Chadians as ministers , let him improve the welfare of Nigerians.
The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria cares.That is why it made specific provisions against such boneheaded moves.Last I checked,the president swore an oath to protect and give effect to provisions of that same Constitution.
When are you guys going to get your heads out of the sand?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 28, 2015
blueButtocks:
There are more appointments coming. Let's be patient.

Truth be told, I think Buhari is trolling the Tanoids. Even the most ardent of Buhari's haters would have been shocked by the announcements today. It was completely unexpected. This nigga really gives no Bleep.

For once, we have a leader who understands what it means to be President. A man who survived a coup and lost 3 elections really has it all to prove. And he will only appoint those whom he trusts. I only hope he applies a little wisdom in his next appointments to douse the tension of ethnic sentiments that's beginning to fester.
keep consoling urself

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by sleemchoko(m): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2015
AZeD1:

u r an irrational element for nt thinking with ur brain.... Dnt u knw dt such appointments wl empower one region against anoda in d future?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]You forgot to mention that his first daughter is 'married' to a Christian man from Anambra State, or are they divorced now?

He 'canceled' government delegation to Hajj but approved N160/$1 exchange rate for pilgrimage.[/size]
Are you sure you're not a confused man?

Cancelling govt's direct funding of delegates to Hajj is separate from approving N160 to $1 for delegates on self sponsorship.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by joseph1832(m): 8:42am On Aug 28, 2015
kenny987:

It is from what is that u can tell what isn't that may likely be and then make plans accordingly. U no go wait make rain meet u before u go arrange umbrella and raincoat na. A man who fails to plan, plans to fail. After all it is said that it is from the smell of the fart that u will determine the nature/taste of the shiit.
Like you can actually taste/eat sh!t. Your analogy doesn't apply in this case.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 8:48am On Aug 28, 2015
nwaanambra1:

passingshot pls can U be kind enough and stop mentioning this GMD of NNPC thing as the most important appointment - that appointment is a figure head appointment! you and i knows that the guy doesn't have the final say on any serious issues.

the most important appointments to date where all given to the north! ALL! The most disappointing to me is the SGF - which i hav been bragging that PMB will give it to Ogbonnaya onu if for no other reason at least for the fact that the guy deserves it! Ogbonna is a buharist, a loyalist from far back and above all he is an experienced technocratic!

SINCE I KNOW GMB AND HAS BEEN CAMPAIGNING AND MAKING DONATIONS FOR HIM SINCE 2003 TO DATE, this is the first time I REALLY FELT BETRAYED AND HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED BY HIM.

Yes some will say whats in an appointment - after all even if he gives ur kinsman u will still not 'chop'! the point is, ITS NOT ABOUT THE CHOP - HAVING YOUR KINSMAN IN A POSITION OF IMPORTANCE IN ANY GOVERNMENT GIVES YOU A SENSE OF BELONGING!

IN ALL THESE APPOINTMENTS NOTING WENT TO ANY OF THEM BOYS THAT SACRIFICED HEAVILY FOR HIM - I MEAN LOOK AT AMAECHI, FASHOLA, NGIGE, OGBONNAYA ONUH AND THE REST OF THEM! SO IS IT MINISTERIAL APPOINTMENTS THAT HE NOW FEELS IS GOOD ENOUGH TO PAY THEM BACK WITH? WELL HE CAN KEEP THE MINISTERIAL APPOINTMENTS CAUSE THOSE GUYS DON'T NEED IT! IF I AM IN THE SHOES OF ANY OF THESE MEN AND PMB CALLS ME FOR ANY MINISTERIAL APPOINTMENT, I WILL POLITELY TELL HIM THAT AM NOT INTERESTED - THANK YOU!

BUHARI IS THROWING US THAT WORKED HARD FOR HIM TO THE DOGS - BUT I STILL WISH HIM SUCCESS IN HIS ENDEAVOR!

GOD BLESS PMB sad
The only thing I disagree with you is your attempt to reduce the importance of GMD of NNPC.

I have followed Buhari since 2003 and have supported all his attempts at returning as president too.

These latest appointments are bitter pills to swallow. In fact, it has made me to hold back on an article I was to publish here today.

I am disappointed too but it is not enough for me to withdraw my support for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 28, 2015
christinie:
are you listening to yourself?
yes o
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 8:56am On Aug 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Just like buhari has been governor, minister, head of state and now president but the ONLY federal university in his state was built by Jonathan and the federal road there was built also by Jonathan including over 21 almajiri schools there...
Federal universities were not meant to be in every state of the federation. You mean Jonathan built the only federal road in Katsina? Has Daura community cried out over lack of water and basic amenities? Please don't reduce this thread to a campaign thread.

Do you think you can really provide any justification for Otuoke not having drinkable water and other basic amenities despite sixteen years of GEJ in governance?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by PassingShot(m): 9:01am On Aug 28, 2015
Decibel:
Hmmm...that's late 30s suppose you graduated at 22/23 and you call some persons 'kids'.
You're wrong. Address the topic instead.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:

exactly, they can never change, i still prefer the northerners cos they are diligent than the SE that (loves) money than life, lets watch and see how this government will unfold things, i still prefer buhari's action, the man knows what he is doing, his very first statement when he took over the power (i belong to everybody and belong to nobody) was a powerful statement and that is what we are seeing now.

Ride on man, if na only nepa light i dey enjoy, atleast its a change compare to past. i support him 100%, if he like he can appoint from chad, ghana, seme, togo, so far the country is moving forward and the poor masses are happy.
you must be a blockhead to even think that a man without a power roadmap or any policy in place have changed the power situation in your area, and your lots will be quick to blame the past dispensation for ill equipping the army. Mad followers.

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nameo: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2015
PassingShot:

Are you sure you're not a confused man?

Cancelling govt's direct funding of delegates to Hajj is separate from approving N160 to $1 for delegates on self sponsorship.

So where would the #70 differential between this #160 exchange rate and the real rate of about #230 come from, mbuk??

Abi did the Saudis say they will pay for it? undecided
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

Not only compensation, no matter what he does, you guys will never be satisfied. I am happy Buhari does not give an Eff
BTW there are strong indications that there won't be a minister of petroleum .

Ya...Like Obj like Buhari...they see themselves as harbinger of knowledge and knows it all...Never finding fault in their doings and never accepting mistakes...let him be Pet. Minister and whatever... but believe me, he knows NOTHING about NNPC operational dynamics in modern world...Ever being taught or met a professor of 1984 discussing modern trends especially one who hasn't developed himself recently... How do you feel listening to such people?... His subsidy lies & controversy will tell you a lot about his knowledge base and purported integrity...
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nameo: 9:08am On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:

exactly, they can never change, i still prefer the northerners cos they are diligent than the SE that (loves) money than life, lets watch and see how this government will unfold things, i still prefer buhari's action, the man knows what he is doing, his very first statement when he took over the power (i belong to everybody and belong to nobody) was a powerful statement and that is what we are seeing now.

Ride on man, if na only nepa light i dey enjoy, atleast its a change compare to past. i support him 100%, if he like he can appoint from chad, ghana, seme, togo, so far the country is moving forward and the poor masses are happy.

OMG!!! I have always thought that this girl was intelligent!!

Smdh

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole On His Way Back To Nigeria, Ready To Face Accusers / Davido Performs At Alex Otti’s Inauguration Party In Abia (Video/Photos) / Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.