Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,363 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (787492 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

yes o. opeyemi - Thanks is due from me. grin i try shey ? the English meaning? lol
Not. grin

Will tell you later.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
busysammy07:

Yeah, I suppose you have some prerequisites to take before you commence your masters program, right? if asked, tell the V.O that with conviction. oh, just remembered I didn't include this in my transcript.... she (V.O) asked me to mention 5 prerequisite courses I would be taking; I knew them so I mentioned 6. so endeavour to do research on the courses you'd be taking cause you might be asked. Best of luck, brother.
Thanks. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Please check the e-mail on my profile and then write me---You know yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
DeeTus:
Not. grin

Will tell you later.
okay smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
* I got denied on first attempt simply because I couldn't give enough reason for choosing murray, I have a good reason now however if am asked this question below, could this be the perfect way to answer it

Q- What is different from your case right now from before?

Ans- Now I can see more better reasons which I didn't see earlier, reason like Murray offer B.S degree in my course which other schools offer B.A.
* My course is properly in the right department which is JMC (journalism & mass communication) and not Liberal Art.
* Murray takes pride in maintaining accreditation which they are achieving higher standards and meeting professional needs.

So please are these reasons cogent enough, if it isn't please help a broda provide a better response for this question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 4:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
awe2015:
Congrats @mubarakopeyemi... This December shall favor all nairalanders in Jesus' name! Amen! cheesy
AMEN!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
Amennnnnnn in jesus name!
awe2015:
Congrats @mubarakopeyemi... This December shall favor all nairalanders in Jesus' name! Amen! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by WIU16: 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
I hail all the gurus in the house. I'll like to seek advice on the following issue. A friend of mine in US is assisting me in my admission processing against fall 2016 admission. He's helping me in processing Western Illinois University. He said I need to pay $220 which is equivalent to #44,000 for WIU to evaluate my transcript, this I've paid since about 2 months ago. I checked the school website but i didnt see any information on this. Please is there anyone who have been through WIU admission processing? is $220 WIU transcript evaluation real? Kindly shed light on the for me please? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Daniel3366:
* I got denied on first attempt simply because I couldn't give enough reason for choosing murray, I have a good reason now however if am asked this question below, could this be the perfect way to answer it

Ans- Now I can see more better reasons which I didn't see earlier, reason like Murray offer B.S degree in my course which other schools offer B.A.
* My course is properly in the right department which is JMC (journalism & mass communication) and not Liberal Art.
* Murray takes pride in maintaining accreditation which they are achieving higher standards and meeting professional needs.

So please are these reasons cogent enough, if it isn't please help a broda provide a better response for this question.
Dear Daniel3366, sincerely if I were a VO, I wouldn't grant you visa based on the reasons you stated above. In my humble opinion, they are neither reasonable nor convincing.
As I wish you the very best of luck, I want to urge you to put in more effort so as to nail it this time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
lordoftherings:
Pls who knows how this re-in-statement thiny works
Can someone be put out of status if he/she does not report to the school he originally got admission to. N.B the person is in another school its a CC (is it possible to be declared out of status but you re still studying). it was not really the individuals fault cause the uni in Colorado refused to transfer his i20 and stuffs. biko who is at fault. Dont know if its rumour but i heard re instatements are usually denied and you would be bundled back home

To apply for reinstatement, you would first need not to have been out of status for more than 5 consecutive months. You would also need to pay re-reinstatement fees and also find a lawyer. You would also need a cogent reason to explain why you fell out of status in the first place.

I am not sure if this applies to someone who came into the country but never reported to school. I do know that it works for those who were in school but fell out the following semester and they want to go back to school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
bigfrancis21:

To apply for reinstatement, you would first need not to have been out of status for more than 5 consecutive months. You would also need to pay re-reinstatement fees and also find a lawyer. You would also need a cogent reason to explain why you fell out of status in the first place.

I am not sure if this applies to someone who came into the country but never reported to school. I do know that it works for those who were in school but fell out the following semester and they want to go back to school.
You actually don't need a lawyer. I have a friend who is a nairalander that has filled for reinstatement. He wasn't able to afford the fees during enrollment. Fell out of status, got the money and applied for reinstatement. He's in same school anyway. I would have shared more insight, but freaking busy to think well right now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Daniel3366:

When is your interview? This would determine if I can be of help. I will gladly assist with cogent convincing reasons why you chose that course and it's prospect. if your interview is before 10th of Dec, I can't be of help, but after I can do my possible best.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
WIU16:
I hail all the gurus in the house. I'll like to seek advice on the following issue. A friend of mine in US is assisting me in my admission processing against fall 2016 admission. He's helping me in processing Western Illinois University. He said I need to pay $220 which is equivalent to #44,000 for WIU to evaluate my transcript, this I've paid since about 2 months ago. I checked the school website but i didnt see any information on this. Please is there anyone who have been through WIU admission processing? is $220 WIU transcript evaluation real? Kindly shed light on the for me please? Thank you.
There is a high probability you've been duped. First universities in US don't charge to evaluate your degree transcript. Your application fee covers it. Except you're talking about WES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 5:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
@slimmy05 broda my interview is on the 14th of this month, so there's still time broda abeg help me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Daniel3366:
@slimmy05 broda my interview is on the 14th of this month, so there's still time broda abeg help me
Send me a PM and I will respond to your PM 11th and we can discuss properly. I wouldn't mind calling you. I have papers and exams that is why.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
@slimmy05 bro I just sent the mail via nairaland for you to accept
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
slimmy05:
You actually don't need a lawyer. I have a friend who is a nairalander that has filled for reinstatement. He wasn't able to afford the fees during enrollment. Fell out of status, got the money and applied for reinstatement. He's in same school anyway. I would have shared more insight, but freaking busy to think well right now.

Some people may not need a lawyer but in most cases students often need to find a lawyer to represent them, especially in tough cases.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Some people may not need a lawyer but in most cases students often need to find a lawyer to represent them, especially in tough cases.
Yes. That would cost extra more bucks. If you've not exceeded the five months and you have the cash to enroll in school, you don't really need a lawyer except otherwise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BloodyMitch(f): 7:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
[Iquote author=WIU16 post=40618962]I hail all the gurus in the house. I'll like to seek advice on the following issue. A friend of mine in US is assisting me in my admission processing against fall 2016 admission. He's helping me in processing Western Illinois University. He said I need to pay $220 which is equivalent to #44,000 for WIU to evaluate my transcript, this I've paid since about 2 months ago. I checked the school website but i didnt see any information on this. Please is there anyone who have been through WIU admission processing? is $220 WIU transcript evaluation real? Kindly shed light on the for me please? Thank you. [/quote]

You have been jobbed, no school requires money to evaluate transcript and its only credential evaluators that require money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BloodyMitch(f): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
You have been jobbed no school requires mo ey to evalaute your transcript, only external credential evaluators such as WES, ECE require money to do that

WIU16:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
bigfrancis21:

@ lordoftherings As a student who fell out of status, you usually don't need a lawyer except you engaged in stuff you're not supposed to engage in..like unauthorized work among others; and you think that might result in not getting approved. However, you need to make a convincing case to USCIS. Check online for sample letters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tunedhey: 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello guys,
In filling out the ds 160 form, in d section for passport details, what option m I suppose to take for passport type?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezys: 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
hello, my visa appointment was yesterday at 6:30am, Lagos but sadly ended with a denial. The VO looked like he was new there and a little fidgety, below is the transcript. (btw i am Ghanaian and posted earlier about travelling with my child which i didnt include

ME: Good morning
VO: morning. pass me your documents
Me: i did
VO: why central michigan university
Me: because this was my first choice of study before i began school in UK, but admissions came in late and they offer health planning as an elective course which i am interested in.
VO: what are you studying in uk. and how long have u studied there.
me: healthcare policy and management and studied a semester because i took a leave of absence
VO: are you married
me: yes
vo: how long have u stayed in nigeria?
me: a year
vo: were did u meet your husband
me: ghana
vo: how long have you stayed here again?
me: a year
vo: im sorry bla bla bla... hands me blue paper

pls what is the issue here? is my husband here or family here not enough strong ties. or should i have applied in ghana? i am resident btw. someone please advice me. do i go apply again as school resumes in jan?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
My friend actually got two white papers today after he was he interviewed by the same VO that denied him on his first attempt.he later said to my friend he face looked familiar and passed him onto to the next VO havin given him the white paper.then,the lady VO asked him some few questions and then said congratulations and that was how he got the second white paper.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tunedhey: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Biko.. Someone should help me on dis abeg..
tunedhey:
Hello guys,
In filling out the ds 160 form, in d section for passport details, what option m I suppose to take for passport type?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
@slimmy05 broda I still don't understand how it works here with sending a pm. I just sent another mail again, hope u got it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Daniel3366:
@slimmy05 broda I still don't understand how it works here with sending a pm. I just sent another mail again, hope u got it?
got your pm

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
tunedhey:
Biko.. Someone should help me on dis abeg..
regular. In th passport book number tick not applicable
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
slimmy05:
got your pm
Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tunedhey: 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
slimmy05:
regular. In th passport book number tick not applicable
Fanx bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
fregkay:
My friend actually got two white papers today after he was he interviewed by the same VO that denied him on his first attempt.he later said to my friend he face looked familiar and passed him onto to the next VO havin given him the white paper.then,the lady VO asked him some few questions and then said congratulations and that was how he got the second white paper.

Omo see double blessings! God needed to over qualify the guy lol... he should make two intl passports to get those visas respectively grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.