Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785754 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by teelekan: 8:13am On Nov 30, 2015
fizzile:
Bigfrancis has a way of giving you concrete info. Indeed he's a great guy.

Exactly. Plus his replies are never ridden with insults or sarcasm. Great guy indeed.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tosynbolade(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2015
electronic:
@HOUSE
pls what is the exchange rate for PayPal? I am about to cut my leg and pay for my GRE exam....
I see N240 on local banks but Google gives me N199. So am not sure of the amount PayPal would charge * N199 or 240.
Any body who just payed for GRE with PayPal please help out.....thanks..

It will cost you #42,900 if you use paypal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2015
teelekan:

Exactly. Plus his replies are never ridden with insults or sarcasm. Great guy indeed.
yeah u r right. So guys will want to rain insults on you just because they have a few info others don't have. Its all about maturity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2015
donkotman:
Good morning to the gurus in g house
@bigfrancis21, pls I need clarification on dis, I did diploma in psychology before gaining direct entry admission into 200level. my question is am about to send d transcript of my degree to WES for evaluation, will I also send my diploma transcript with it considering I later spent 6 semesters in my degree.

your quick response will be appreciated. thanks
Yes you will send your diploma transcript to be evaluated with other 3years(6semesters) transcript.. I guess the diploma was in Unilag right?. If yes, you can't get the diploma transcript at record office, you will get your separate diploma transcript at the foundation office, along FSS road, then send. BUT your other REAL transcript will be sent from d record office.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MimiHANS(m): 9:19am On Nov 30, 2015
From an intellectual perspective, BIGFRANCIS possesses the spirit/trait of humility in all ramifications. And it's a principle that deserves to be revered.

Humble people know their self-worth. As a result, they don't feel the need to cast themselves before others just to show them how much they know. Instead, humble people realise that nobody cares how much they know until those people know how much they're cared for.

To crown it all, he's known for his ability to 'articulate' his thoughts and descriptions, even to a layman without any form of cynicism.

Keep it up!
#I doff my hat.

19 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 30, 2015
MimiHANS:
From an intellectual perspective, BIGFRANCIS possesses the spirit/trait of humility in all ramifications. And it's a principle that deserves to be revered.

Humble people know their self-worth. As a result, they don't feel the need to cast themselves before others just to show them how much they know. Instead, humble people realise that nobody cares how much they know until those people know how much they're cared for.

To crown it all, he's known for his ability to 'articulate' his thoughts and descriptions, even to a layman without any form of cynicism.

Keep it up!
#I doff my hat.
I have learnt one or two things from this dude. His articulate is overwhelming. He doesn't try to pull people down with words as some people here do sometimes. Boss, you've summarized him. People should learn to be humble because no one knows it all.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Oluwabengz(m): 9:45am On Nov 30, 2015
Kudos to @Bigfrancis for the meaningful contributions he done to peoples lives here....God bless u man

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by donkotman(m): 9:57am On Nov 30, 2015
profojah:

Yes you will send your diploma transcript to be evaluated with other 3years(6semesters) transcript.. I guess the diploma was in Unilag right?. If yes, you can't get the diploma transcript at record office, you will get your separate diploma transcript at the foundation office, along FSS road, then send. BUT your other REAL transcript will be sent from d record office.

Thanx bro for the quick response, d diploma is from University of Ado Ekiti. Will work on it den. tank u once again, God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 30, 2015
electronic:
@HOUSE
pls what is the exchange rate for PayPal? I am about to cut my leg and pay for my GRE exam....
I see N240 on local banks but Google gives me N199. So am not sure of the amount PayPal would charge * N199 or 240.

gtb is #220
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 1:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
Bigfrancis21 is my big bros...any gift given, must pass through me first grin grin grin

However, is seems AACRAO accept documents or transcripts through email... I stand to be corrected however...

i invoke your advice bigfrancis21 wink

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
electronic:
@HOUSE
you'll be charged based on your bank exchange rate, so expect nothing less than 223 exchange rate or higher.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kenyd(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hello guys. I really appreciate what you guys are doing here. Pls I wil like to enquire the cheap good Universities I should apply to being a 3rd class graduate (GPA. 2.3) of electronic engineering cos am about to write gre exam soon. (I scored 106 in toefl, hoping to score very high in Gre too). Pls also I want to know whether I can do masters in another discipline apart from engineering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
badoli:
@ walspring my interview is on tuesday can i still do it today and submit again?

Are you referring to this Tuesday which is tomorrow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by badoli: 6:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
Yes...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2015
badoli:
Yes...
your place of birth really do not matter. Don't bother yourself with such.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
How about me.... Program begin date on my Ds-160 is August 13. I deferred my admission for spring and now the new I-20 has Jan 14 as program begin date. What should I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
Daniel3366:
How about me.... Program begin date on my Ds-160 is August 13. I deferred my admission for spring and now the new I-20 has Jan 14 as program begin date. What should I do?
fill a new ds160 and made the changes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
Please how do I go about it.... because I have already scheduled for an appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by badoli: 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
slimmy05:
your place of birth really do not matter. Don't bother yourself with such.
@ slimmy thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
Daniel3366:
Please how do I go about it.... because I have already scheduled for an appointment
you have to fill another one and update your status or email the embassy for ten to assist you update it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
But I was denied the visa recently, Now am making this change, won't they think am trying to avoid the fact that I was denied once.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
@slimmy05 But I was denied the visa recently, Now am making this change, won't they think am trying to avoid the fact that I was denied once.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
Daniel3366:
@slimmy05 But I was denied the visa recently, Now am making this change, won't they think am trying to avoid the fact that I was denied once.
you have a new I-20 with a new resumption date does that strike anything to you that you need to fill a new ds160 with the new resumption date? Once you're denied you need to fill a new ds160 form. How does that translate to you denying the fact that you've been denied earlier? When filling a new ds160 you'll be asked if you've been denied visa before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
awe2015:
Bigfrancis21 is my big bros...any gift given, must pass through me first grin grin grin

However, is seems AACRAO accept documents or transcripts through email... I stand to be corrected however...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 11:12pm On Nov 30, 2015
@slimmy05 Okay thank you very much. I'll go ahead with it tomorrow. But I hope there won't be a problem with the Barcode on the interview day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by femoalaofin: 1:08am On Dec 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I laud your great effort in pulling out this post from long long ago! smiley

Congrats on your GRE score. It is great. You should get admission + assistantship with such a score.

A 3.83/5.00 CGPA will come out to be between 3.2 to 3.4 on the 4-point scale. I say this because my fellow colleague and course mate from UNN who had a 3.83/5 CGPA had a 3.3 GPA after conversion to the US 4-point scale.

You can quickly do a conversion using the grading scale I have provided and see what yours turns out to be. It should fall in the range I mentioned above.

What schools are you applying to? You have any in mind yet?

mine is 4.16... pls wats d conversion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 2:16am On Dec 01, 2015
donkotman:
Good morning to the gurus in g house
@bigfrancis21, pls I need clarification on dis, I did diploma in psychology before gaining direct entry admission into 200level. my question is am about to send d transcript of my degree to WES for evaluation, will I also send my diploma transcript with it considering I later spent 6 semesters in my degree.

your quick response will be appreciated. thanks

You will need to send both transcripts to WES to make up for at least 4 years of undergraduate study, equivalent to a US 4-year bachelor's equivalent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 2:18am On Dec 01, 2015
awe2015:

Hey bro, howdy?

I think AACRAO accepts transcripts by email. A friend of mine recently translated his own transcripts and I think it was through email he sent in his transcript.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 2:19am On Dec 01, 2015
femoalaofin:

mine is 4.16... pls wats d conversion

4.16/5.0 will come out to be at about 3.5/4.0 on the US 4-point scale.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 5:36am On Dec 01, 2015
@bigfrancis, I sent you a pm, kindly reply me. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Teeboy22(m): 6:25am On Dec 01, 2015
May d remaining days of this new month being restoration to all ur lost dreams and aspirations! May u achieve all u've dreamt and planned to achieve!!
I wish u a happy new month!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 01, 2015
To those having their interview today. I wish them success

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.