Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785718 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 01, 2015
Teeboy22:
May d remaining days of this new month being restoration to all ur lost dreams and aspirations! May u achieve all u've dreamt and planned to achieve!!
I wish u a happy new month!
Yeah. And you too. I'm already in a jovial mood for Xmas.

This year is not really bad for me. Got some things out of the blue. Next year will be a lot better I guess. Without God, life is meaningless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gabwiry: 8:39am On Dec 01, 2015
good people and good Morning here, I have two questions that I want you guys to help me clear out, there are: 1. is the USA visa application fee the same with the interview schedule fee? if No, which will come first? 2. what are the necessary documents or papers needed before and after get an admission into any Us universities and please I need u Guys to recommend some universities that have high rate for admitting international student in USA for undergraduate degree. Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 9:10am On Dec 01, 2015
slimmy05:
To those having their interview today. I wish them success
AMEN!!! A big thank you to you, you are a role model.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 9:21am On Dec 01, 2015
Good day house, kindly help me to answer this question; it is about the GRE result to go with during d interview, must it be in colour print or black and white? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by donkotman(m): 9:29am On Dec 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You will need to send both transcripts to WES to make up for at least 4 years of undergraduate study, equivalent to a US 4-year bachelor's equivalent.

thank you bigfrancis, God bless u real good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2015
tosynbolade:

It will cost you #42,900 if you use paypal.
Oboy!!! Thanks Man...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 10:55am On Dec 01, 2015
Holudarey01:

gtb is #220
sight thanks man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
My very own got her visa approved.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
slimmy05:

Who be that naaa...Jawasi Baddoo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
slimmy05:

Na your bae?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
Good day everyone, pls I would like to know if anyone here has paid the sevis fee for someone in the US. What are the steps involved when you go to the bank cos my aunt is about and she doesn't know how to go about it when she gets to the bank. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by femoalaofin: 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

4.16/5.0 will come out to be at about 3.5/4.0 on the US 4-point scale.

thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by shivi: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
Please nairalanders I need your help on my situation,I am a 3Rd class Bsc holder and I intend on going to the state for my pgd,please I need your advice on how to go about this,I need names of cheap schools that offers pgd and I'm going to go about it.......note:I don't have any idea whatsoever...help a brother thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by busysammy07(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hello, house. Visa was issued today at the lagos embassy; window 7(middle aged V.O with freckles). Transcript coming up soon. Special Shout out@Slimmy 05; thanks so much for your time. To those who were delayed, don't give up! Best of luck to those going in the next coming days.(us student visa hustle is real)

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
busysammy07:
Hello, house. Visa was issued today at the lagos embassy; window 7(middle aged V.O with freckles). Transcript coming up soon. Special Shout out@Slimmy 05; thanks so much for your time. To those who were delayed, don't give up! Best of luck to those going in the next coming days.(us student visa hustle is real)
congrats man wish you happy days ahead. I just like to hear news like this. Congrats once again bro

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
Mikkyphaton:
Good day everyone, pls I would like to know if anyone here has paid the sevis fee for someone in the US. What are the steps involved when you go to the bank cos my aunt is about and she doesn't know how to go about it when she gets to the bank. Thanks

SEVIS fee here in the US is not paid at a bank, but rather at any western union shop. Before your aunt goes to WU, you would first have to fill out the payment coupon online at http://www.fmjfee.com and email it to her. She should take that payment coupon along with her to WU and make a payment of $200. WU charges an extra $10.50 for this transaction, making a total of $210.50. You should go back online at http://www.fmjfee.com to check your payment status. Your payment should reflect in less than 48 hours.

Another option for your aunt is to buy a money order (a money order is like a cheque. It is simply a paper equivalent of a cash amount) and mail it together with the coupon which you'll send to her to SEVP. The money order can be bought at WU and the mail takes about 3 days to be delivered at the SEVIS office (SEVP). The address to send it to will be indicated on the coupon you'll send to her. If using this method, expect your payment to reflect online in about 5 business days from the day it was sent.

Those are basically the 2 ways to make the SEVIS fee payment in the US for a candidate from Nigeria. It cannot be made online as it is for some countries.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
Bigfrancis always on point

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
Congrats bro.God is great!
busysammy07:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

SEVIS fee here in the US is not paid at a bank, but rather at any western union shop. Before your aunt goes to WU, you would first have to fill out the payment coupon online at http://www.fmjfee.com and email it to her. She should take that payment coupon along with her to WU and make a payment of $200. WU charges an extra $10.50 for this transaction, making a total of $210.50. You should go back online at http://www.fmjfee.com to check your payment status. Your payment should reflect in less than 48 hours.

Another option for your aunt is to buy a money order (a money order is like a cheque. It is simply a paper equivalent of a cash amount) and mail it together with the coupon which you'll send to her to SEVP. The money order can be bought at WU and the mail takes about 3 days to be delivered at the SEVIS office (SEVP). The address to send it to will be indicated on the coupon you'll send to her. If using this method, expect your payment to reflect online in about 5 business days from the day it was sent.

Those are basically the 2 ways to make the SEVIS fee payment in the US for a candidate from Nigeria. It cannot be made online as it is for some countries.
Thanks bro, I understand perfectly now. I should go with the first option, its faster
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lordoftherings: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
Pls who knows how this re-in-statement thiny works
Can someone be put out of status if he/she does not report to the school he originally got admission to. N.B the person is in another school its a CC (is it possible to be declared out of status but you re still studying). it was not really the individuals fault cause the uni in Colorado refused to transfer his i20 and stuffs. biko who is at fault. Dont know if its rumour but i heard re instatements are usually denied and you would be bundled back home
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
lordoftherings:
Pls who knows how this re-in-statement thiny works
Can someone be put out of status if he/she does not report to the school he originally got admission to. N.B the person is in another school its a CC (is it possible to be declared out of status but you re still studying). it was not really the individuals fault cause the uni in Colorado refused to transfer his i20 and stuffs. biko who is at fault. Dont know if its rumour but i heard re instatements are usually denied and you would be bundled back home
The candidate probably would be blamed. Read School Policy very well before applying for admission. I-20 is not a meal ticket. grin

Technically, it depends on one's circumstance. But whatever it's, you can always look for a "comfort zone" so as to avoid being deported.

Deportation is a huge drawback!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
@Slimmy broda I have filled a new ds-160 form and try updating it via the online page, but it didn't work. Please how else can I contact them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by someonehelp: 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
[b][/b]HI EVERYONE! COULD ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE EASIEST TO UNDERSTAND DIRECTIONS FROM OJODU BERGER TO WALTER CARRINGTON. THANKS SO MUCH.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by someonehelp: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
I ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO GET TO OBANLENDE BUS TERMINAL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
Daniel3366:
@Slimmy broda I have filled a new ds-160 form and try updating it via the online page, but it didn't work. Please how else can I contact them.
use the suggestion/ feddback to send them a mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

F1 visa is only a permit that allows you to travel to the US and leave. It is different from your F1 status. When you arrive the US and register in school, you're in status. If you finish your masters and go on to PhD, you are still in status even though your F1 visa may have expired long ago. You would only need to renew your visa if you need to travel out of the US to maybe go visit Nigeria and return. You cannot do this in the US because a visa can only be gotten and renewed at an American embassy and we don't have US embassies in America, only abroad. The nearest countries to go renew your visa are Mexico and Canada.

And yes, upon completion of your PhD, if your school wishes to hire you as lecturer, they will file for you on H1b visa. Being a university institution, their H1b visa petitions are immediately granted once applied for and there is no lottery for university-filed petitions.

So, you can continue being in status years after your visa has expired, so long as you are still in school.

Analytical Writing: 6.0 grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
djmakson:

Analytical Writing: 6.0 grin

Ewu chi m ooo. Easy with the high score nau. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hello,
Can someone tell me a cheap university that offer scholarship & is located in a cool state that has good part time & full time job prospect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
ugosh:
Hello,
Can someone tell me a cheap university that offer scholarship & is located in a cool state that has good part time & full time job prospect.

Google just answered that question...check Google!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Hey bro, howdy?

I think AACRAO accepts transcripts by email. A friend of mine recently translated his own transcripts and I think it was through email he sent in his transcript.

Thankuuuuu! Imegbalaahu grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
someonehelp:
I ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO GET TO OBANLENDE BUS TERMINAL.
Hey bro, instead of going to Obalende bus terminal why don't you go to berger brt terminal. From there take brt going to cms. When you reach cms take a bus straight to the bus stop, can't recall remember the name though but from cms bus stop you can tell the driver you're going to Walter carringhton US embassy, its not too far. When they drop you at the bus stop just cross the road then trek down you would see the gate and so many people around the gate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Ewu chi m ooo. Easy with the high score nau. cheesy

grin That's what it is bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.