Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783470 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Denvan: 3:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
When I read some transcript here, I just cant help but laugh uncontrollably. Someone said he lost his voice and was asking for pen all around in the interview hall just to get his voice back and boost confidence. Halidaf has come with his own that someone spoke in his head "to carry hin ogo comot for the VO presence b4 the Vo changes his/her mind". You guys will not kill somebody with laugh. Anyway, congratulations to you all who just got your visa and success to those yet to.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
halidaf:

I would be an ingrate if I don’t post my transcript on here.. I have really benefited from this forum, met great people, had good laughs etc.. my interview was for 11am, but I got there as early as 9.05.. the devil tried to raise his ugly head several times but the angel God sent ahead took charge.. I woke up in the Morning and decided to cancel a prior agreement I had with a Taxi guy just to save cost and of course Brt was just the best option cos of traffic and all.. naso I enter BRT ooo, highlighted at cms, I was about to board a bike when one man pulled me back, I swear I ready punch person at that moment.. naso the guy bring out i.d card said he is from kinikankinikan division that he wants to search the envelope I was with (for my mind ‘ na u them send from my village abi’).. he went through my docs I just dey look am.. then d next thing I heard was you may have to follow me to lions building to verify some of your docs as this is a regular routine blabla and this would not take long at all, story! Do u have anything to say, he asked.. Oga I fit make call to my papa? He was like no! who be your papa sef? Then I told him, Oya call am sef he replied.. after a brief chat with popsy he sha look me dey smile “u for talk since na, Dog no dey chop Dog.. lol naso e find bike for me oo, put hand for pocket pay d bike.. I sha enter d embassy car park… suddenly my heart beat changed, I became really nervous, I sha sat down outside chilling…. Fast forward………
Got into the main decision room after much checks and all… most b1/b2 applicants were denied.. he got to my turn and suddenly I lost control of my right leg, d leg just dey shake anyhow
v.o Good morning
me : good morning
she had her eyes glued at her screen and kept on typing, at this point I had to put myself together, I took a deep breath and yh I felt real good
we did the finger print bla bla and at this point my confidence level was very ok
vo: so where are u going to?
Me: ( see question, I dey go farm) I am going to the us for masters in international business, trade and policy
Vo: what school?
Me: Valparaiso university Indiana
Vo: u said you are going to study what again?
Me:  I replied
Vo: so why did u choose this course?
Me : I chose this course cos it will help me develop the required skills and expertise needed to understand the global economy  through the knowledge of some key element of international biz such as the global finace and investment, this will malso prepare me for a career as a economics/management analyst and also improve my opportunity of joining the cbn
Vo: don’t u think the cbn will prefer a degree in ecn?
Me: well the international biz course is more flexible as it combines biz and ecn courses with relevant policies that revolves around economic growth which will be (cuts in)
Vo: that’s ok (nodding)
Vo: whats d name of your undergraduate institution
Me: University of Ilorin
Vo: undergraduate course
Me :Business administration
So why Valparaiso uni?
Me: I chose this school cos am very much interested in their international biz department and also there is an ongoing development research by Dr Jacob sitati on trade policies titled “how trade policies can support poverty reduction and economic growth in developing nations with a case study of the African and asian economy.. (she don dey nod like agama at this point.. I just soju nu(throway face) they form baddo), this will however enable me to understand (cuts in)
Vo: I will be approving blablablablabla…. Stretched out d white paper, I stared at d white paper to see if she circled any location for pickup.. I was about to ask when someone in my head spoke to me (ode u no go carry ur long ogo comot from there b4 she collect am give u ur passport back mumu)
Me: *bouncing*bouncing*bouncing*boning till I got to the door… I com smile

No single doc was asked.. I really wanna appreciate everyone on this thread for their input, I hardly drop comments on here but I can not go a day without observing peoples post, and trust me have learnt a lot.. my transcript may not be fantastic but come on, No be by fantastic for those wey God be for..”if God be for us, who can go against us? Prayer is key oo my people, I no sabi fast ooo I tried it on Tuesday but men as 10:30am nak everything wey I dey see na just black and white, my eye no gree see color again… shoutout to everyone, My niggar warriboy that woke me up from my sleep with his credit for interview rehearsals ( me wey get interview dey snor) you took it upon urself to see me through, woke me up in d morning again for another round of drilling.. God go bless u for me. Fortissmo d man that gingered me to pick an early date and consistently ensured he followed up with every step of my application.. God will reward u.. Don4aye thanks for the continuous prayers and words of encouragement.. I urge everyone to observe every individual on here, select few ones that u feel ok with and bond well with them.. we sometimes cant do this alone, we need God and meaningful people *dropsMic*

Congrats my real guy.. No worries i de wet d ground de wait u ere grin

But wait o.. Na mortal kombat brutality u gv d VO Sha.. #finishhim grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by calfavour(f): 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
I have received it halidaf.... I will share my testimony soon.
Stay tuned!!!

halidaf:
oya take it...receive it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2016
Halidaf congrats. To all you guys getting visas, please remember that getting visa is just the beginning. When you reach USA, you become a de facto ambassador of Nigeria. Let's keep the flag flying high and proud through great works!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
@halidaf,

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
@ Halidaf congrats once again... You good... Make you enjoy Warriboy jeep o b4 u get urs

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Congrats Halidaf Very Nice interview!. I tap into it & testimony!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
Fortissimo:
Please guys doing research in the US especially in the life and physical sciences, how did you transition from naija to Yankee mode of research?

I understand there is a very steep learning curve. I need to hit the ground running mehn!

Bbdd, did you choose your research topic and advisor before getting to campus?

I got here before I could choose a supervisor. Everyone had to expose me to their areas of research.
These things are very department specific. If there's a specific person mentioned in your funding letter. That's the guy you should be contacting.

Nonetheless, I think this is the time to relax and prep for your trip. You'll have more than enough time to think about supervisors and research. Trust me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
aadeyi:

Yes you can, once it's not more than 6months old.
thank you. Please how do I notarized affifavit of support? My school requires a notorized affidavit of support before isuance of i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Congrats @halidaf

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ugoebuka47: 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Thank you so much brodas for taking ur time to help me. God bless u both
Mayflowa:

Bros, what you have just described is science. Science is exploratory and discovery. An early childhood educator has to stimulate the child creative ability. In a way, art is science.

If his undergraduate course has nothing to do with admitted course, they wouldn't consider him for admission. Moreso, early childhood education goes beyond 2 yrs even at 8, we are still talking about early childhood education. Let me google science and early childhood education and see what I get:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 7:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
Halidaf congrats... Will pay ma visa fee next week. Am off to the embassy as soon as I can book a date.. Fortissimo I sight u.. Holudarey well don.. Don4eye ku ise o... Imperiouxxx how market na? Lovely weekend to everyone. Am still getting over the stress of my cotonou journey... Abuja will be my own point for interviews... Wish me luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
dickoflife:
Halidaf congrats... Will pay ma visa fee next week. Am off to the embassy as soon as I can book a date.. Fortissimo I sight u.. Holudarey well don.. Don4eye ku ise o... Imperiouxxx how market na? Lovely weekend to everyone. Am still getting over the stress of my cotonou journey... Abuja will be my own point for interviews... Wish me luck.

all the best bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
Holudarey01:

all the best bro
fanks man.. Has ur I-20 arrived?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
dickoflife:
fanks man.. Has ur I-20 arrived?
I never even process anything. waiting for other options
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
bbdd:

I got here before I could choose a supervisor. Everyone had to expose me to their areas of research.
These things are very department specific. If there's a specific person mentioned in your funding letter. That's the guy you should be contacting.

Nonetheless, I think this is the time to relax and prep for your trip. You'll have more than enough time to think about supervisors and research. Trust me.

Ok got it. Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
D***oflife I see you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
Fortissimo:
D***oflife I see you too.
wos wobi, shebi ur interview was in abuja? Abeg where the embassy dey? Besides sef do u know if may is full already?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
Holudarey01:

I never even process anything. waiting for other options
it is well bro..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ugoebuka47:
Thank you so much brodas for taking ur time to help me. God bless u both

No shakes. It will be better to let the VO know you experience with teaching kids and this is a chance to formally learn psychology, psychomotor and effective from a standardized institution.

Don't forget to let then know what you can do with the degree on coming back to nigeria. This is very key when they ask you what yh he degree will do for you? Do u want to continue as a teacher or child education policy advocate in the Ministry of education and want to build and run an early childhood school?

Please, don't tell them you knew about the school online. You may say one of the conference speakers your workplace organised on early childhood education was from the school. The speaker further spark your interest in the subject. You have been in touch with him since and you have been motivated to gain.more knowledge in this area. grin

Nb: I will not give detail answer to anyone like this anymore even if you pm me as I hv several pm in my mail right now. I can only give direction. I did this because the applicant seem to be too worried. I don't enjoy seeing worried peeps. Life is so short and sweet

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tosynbolade(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Holudarey01:

ETSU admitted me for chemistry MS.
Waiting for funding and other schls

Oh that's cool, I am studying Chemistry too. MS. Hope you are trying to send mail to the graduate coordinator as regards funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
DeeTus:
Sweet interview. Sori that i didn't email you. It was as a result of drama between another member. So i got pissed off and forgot to write you.

Congrats my brother!
no lele boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
Holudarey01:
halidaf, congrats.
you go sabi book gan o.
See as you finish VO
sabi me.. Where u dey when one of our ogas on here yab me say my profile na nothing.. Lol.. Na Godwin jare
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
Denvan:
When I read some transcript here, I just cant help but laugh uncontrollably. Someone said he lost his voice and was asking for pen all around in the interview hall just to get his voice back and boost confidence. Halidaf has come with his own that someone spoke in his head "to carry hin ogo comot for the VO presence b4 the Vo changes his/her mind". You guys will not kill somebody with laugh. Anyway, congratulations to you all who just got your visa and success to those yet to.
boss strange tinz happen in that hall ooo... Things u just can't explain

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
warriboy21:

hahaha d vo came in contact with a 5times lyricist in a role lol eyan mayweather! Eyan Nas! Lool

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
warriboy21:

<<^c>bx>y u play Sega? That's nob sibot finish him

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
Fortissimo:
Halidaf congrats. To all you guys getting visas, please remember that getting visa is just the beginning. When you reach USA, you become a de facto ambassador of Nigeria. Let's keep the flag flying high and proud through great works!
tnx mo man ! #word
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
imperiouxx:
@halidaf,

Cheers!
tnx my oga
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
halidaf:
sabi me.. Where u dey when one of our ogas on here yab me say my profile na nothing.. Lol.. Na Godwin jare
Who said that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
don4ye:
@ Halidaf congrats once again... You good... Make you enjoy Warriboy jeep o b4 u get urs
that one D babes wey we go park with DAT car ehn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
halidaf:
Lol.
your head is very valid

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.