Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,222 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039982 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 1:01am On Feb 11, 2016
WenduIce:
Hello room, so the last time i said anything i wasn't detailed and I realize now that the question was uncalled for as i have gone through the thread and gotten most of the information I need.
My name is Wendu, i have been offered admission to UOttawa for fall 2016 for Masters,communication. Want to start applying for study permit from now. I have a few questions though...

As I have more specific questions id ask but please gurus in d house..help a sister.

Sister, welcome to the thread. I would strongly recommend that you read Part 8 of the thread. It is 500 pages, but at the rate of 20 pages per day, it should take you one month to finish. If you read it attentively your chance of obtaining a visa will be 90%, especially as you are a simple applicant. When you read it, make sure you either write down or paste into another file any information that would be valuable for you.

No point rushing to send in your TRV app if it is not excellent. Part 8 (or Part 7) will answer all your present and future questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WenduIce: 1:44am On Feb 11, 2016
I applied to UOttawa and sent all other supporting documents by email. From your infoweb account you will see the contact information of your academic unit. Get the email from there and send to them. Remember to use your student number on all correspondence.

iamosamede55:

Thanks for your response. But the school I completed undergraduate program, normally sends transcripts on behalf of the student, as such I can't make additions to that package. I won't even be aware when they'll send it. They treat the transcripts as confidential and only the requesting institution has access to it. Pls do we have oda applicants facing this challenge.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WenduIce: 2:04am On Feb 11, 2016
Thanks..I've gone through the thread. I must say, its very informative.

phrancisco:

Majorly the application checklist is what is required for the visa processing but it now boils down to each individual adding extra documents to make it easier for the VO to understand their case as each individual's application is different. I will suggest u go and read atleast from the beginning of part 9 so u can get a better understanding.
All the best!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:16am On Feb 11, 2016
ohammed199:
Yayh.............. been long you all saw me ( in wande coal's voice )
happy new year to you all........ am fully ready to refire again.. am applying to UPEI (Business Admin) Sept Intake
am applying this night by 12am....
my questions:
1. is there anyone currently in Charlotte that can help i mean (guidelines)
2. is there anyone whose also applying into the same uni (UPEI) against sept intake respectively
3. is there anyone who knows little or much about the school... like how long it takes before dey grant admission and their payment method (school fees)
Thanks grin smiley wink
thesoj:
@amefrica is at UPEI.

Yeah, I am currently studying at UPEI, it is a pretty beautiful school. The province is VERY small compared to other provinces. For UnderGrads, it usually takes anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks to decide on your application. To pay your school fees, you can use International Wire Transfer, or pay in cash at the accounting office. Let me know if you have more questions. Visit www.upei.ca for more generic info!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 5:01am On Feb 11, 2016
No you dont need tonotarise all copies, you can do that if u have the luxury of time...

theres nothing like using ur dads company and your dad......if he is the owner of the company let his state he is sponsoring you and submit the company documents or statements...
forget about writing anything about employment in your application, your are 22 and graduated 2014 and have been busy with NYSC ever since,,,,

you have a very good profile, be calm and put little documents together to hammer ur TRV
WenduIce:
Hello room, so the last time i said anything i wasn't detailed and I realize now that the question was uncalled for as i have gone through the thread and gotten most of the information I need.
My name is Wendu, i have been offered admission to UOttawa for fall 2016 for Masters,communication. Want to start applying for study permit from now. I have a few questions though.
1) Which route is highly recommended- paper route or online. I have already decided to do upfront medicals no matter d route.
2)Since its just the SOA that needs d original to be sent, must all other copies of supporting documents be notarised.
3) I am planning to use my dad's company as sponsor and him as the co-sponsor using his dorm account. Please how can i go about it. Will both need separate letters/affidavits of sponsorship?
4) I'm sure I'm not the only one that got scared with the $37,000 in the offer from Uottawa as opposed to the $6,888 + that was written on their website for fees. Any comments on this.
5) I am currently working as a front desk officer in an oil trading firm. It doesn't pay me much so once salary comes in n it leaves..and sometimes they issue cheques. How would this affect the application. Do I need to to put in my empty SOA And again, it is not related to what I studied-Theatre Arts or what I'm going to study. Does it matter? BTW I'm 22yrs, finished from school 2014 and finished NYSC last year.
6) I asked the school for a letter of acceptance on their official letterhead as I felt the one that was sent to me via email may not suffice. they have agreed to send it and is asking what address to send it to.Please advice on the address or on if it is necessary at all. And if the different routes would have different addresses.

As I have more specific questions id ask but please gurus in d house..help a sister.

@tnuola, @hayqinsbFX @thesoj please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by senatonato(m): 6:51am On Feb 11, 2016
thesoj:
No. The ending balance should cover your total tuition amount plus 10k CAD living expenses (total annual costs). Perhaps you could show an ending balance with 6800CAD less than the total annual costs but to reduce risk the balance should be at least the total annual costs. Btw, the thread has all this information. I'd recommend you read Part 8.
Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kife(m): 7:18am On Feb 11, 2016
Hello house, I kindly wish to say a big thank you to all, who are currently studying in Canada that still deem it fit to Attend to our questions, may God reward us all.

I would like to get an accurate information on a rather pressing issue.
I have obtained my study Permit for an Undergraduate study in Canada.
I however, have obtained my Bsc here in Nigeria. I would wish to proceed with an Msc in Economics in any school in or around Toronto that offers me cheap yet quality education.
I would love if I can meet someone currently studying for a master's degree in Canada to guide me on how to go about this pls. Thanks for ur usual cooperation. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 8:41am On Feb 11, 2016
kennynelcon:
Any UBC aspirant?

present.. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ANBAKO: 9:20am On Feb 11, 2016
Iyoha1:
Hi Good people,

My friend's junior brother had an admission into Niagara College. I like to know how genuine is this institution. I also like to know what and what is required to have a hassle free visa application process. Thanks in advance.

@ANBAKO, You have no cause to worry. Niagara college is a genuine institution. It may interest you to know that I secured admission to study International Business Management at the college for May 2016 Session. Currently putting finishing touches to my documents in readiness for submission. Respect to all the gurus and veterans in the house.

Thank you so much for this. This guy also got an admission for the same course but I dont know the session.

Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by malaoluolateju: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2016
Can anyone pls share a sample of their study leave letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 10:41am On Feb 11, 2016
thanks for the reply
thesoj:
Yes you can. I read it on the CIC website somewhere. Don't take my words for it though, do a google search and find it for yourself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by cjrex501: 11:17am On Feb 11, 2016
Good day nairaland, my younger brother who submitted his application form, its 7weeks and 3days old, he hasn't seen an email for medical what should he do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 11:43am On Feb 11, 2016
bamjay:

present.. grin
Lol how far, na say ppl no like the school or what...what stage are you.

Did you apply for student visa before applying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 11:45am On Feb 11, 2016
malaoluolateju:
Can anyone pls share a sample of their study leave letter.

Drop your email
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tejiri294: 11:49am On Feb 11, 2016
cjrex501:
Good day nairaland, my younger brother who submitted his application form, its 7weeks and 3days old, he hasn't seen an email for medical what should he do
same thing am going through here....did biometrics since 16th of december.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 11:52am On Feb 11, 2016
kennynelcon:

my brother i no know o. the thing tire me sef..I am waiting for their decision on my application. what about you?any luck with getting a supervisor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2016
bamjay:

my brother i no know o. the thing tire me sef..I am waiting for their decision on my application. what about you?any luck with getting a supervisor?
Not yet. There process is tiring.
They need students visa for applying, so I need to get a Canny student visa before I start applying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by cjrex501: 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
tejiri294:

same thing am going through here....did biometrics since 16th of december.
My brother did his own 18th of december 2015....i did mine 29th January 2016...i just keep up the praying hand that God has done it and his too faithful to fail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
kennynelcon:
Not yet. There process is tiring.
They need students visa for applying, so I need to get a Canny student visa before I start applying?

are you sure about that? i applied without a student visa. infact you wouldnt be given a student visa without having gotten admission first! so first thing is to apply to the uni, then get admitted and start working on your visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iamosamede55: 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
WenduIce:
My name is Wendu, i have been offered admission to UOttawa for fall 2016 for Masters,communication. Want to start applying for study permit from now. I have a few questions though.
1) Which route is highly recommended- paper route or online. I have already decided to do upfront medicals no matter d route.
2)Since its just the SOA that needs d original to be sent, must all other copies of supporting documents be notarised.
3) I am planning to use my dad's company as sponsor and him as the co-sponsor using his dorm account. Please how can i go about it. Will both need separate letters/affidavits of sponsorship?
4) I'm sure I'm not the only one that got scared with the $37,000 in the offer from Uottawa as opposed to the $6,888 + that was written on their website for fees. Any comments on this.
5) I am currently working as a front desk officer in an oil trading firm. It doesn't pay me much so once salary comes in n it leaves..and sometimes they issue cheques. How would this affect the application. Do I need to to put in my empty SOA And again, it is not related to what I studied-Theatre Arts or what I'm going to study. Does it matter? BTW I'm 22yrs, finished from school 2014 and finished NYSC last year.
6) I asked the school for a letter of acceptance on their official letterhead as I felt the one that was sent to me via email may not suffice. they have agreed to send it and is asking what address to send it to.Please advice on the address or on if it is necessary at all. And if the different routes would have different addresses.

@tnuola, @hayqinsbFX @thesoj please help
Can someone please respond to this $37k issue as opposed to the tuition they have on their website. I also applied to Uottawa. I have checked their website over and over again and I can't see where its stated as tuition per term or year. The first time I saw it was in the preference form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohammed199(m): 12:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
thanks sir @thesoj... and @Amefrica can u kindly drop me your mail or communication digit so we can talk more ion wanna make any mistake this time around sir
Amefrica:

Yeah, I am currently studying at UPEI, it is a pretty beautiful school. The province is VERY small compared to other provinces. For UnderGrads, it usually takes anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks to decide on your application. To pay your school fees, you can use International Wire Transfer, or pay in cash at the accounting office. Let me know if you have more questions. Visit www.upei.ca for more generic info!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
bamjay:

are you sure about that? i applied without a student visa. infact you wouldnt be given a student visa without having gotten admission first! so first thing is to apply to the uni, then get admitted and start working on your visa
OK...course? Did you use GRE?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
iamosamede55:

Can someone please respond to this $37k issue as opposed to the tuition they have on their website. I also applied to Uottawa. I have checked their website over and over again and I can't see where its stated as tuition per term or year. The first time I saw it was in the preference form.

I would suggest you mail the school and clear up any discrepancies in the tuition so you know what you are really getting yourself into
but wait o $37k is HUGE/MASSIVE!! shocked shocked
abeg clarify with the school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
kennynelcon:
OK...course? Did you use GRE?

yes i did. my scores?bros no even talk go that side. i just they fear say the poor GRE scores dont disqualify me. and you?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dudubery: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
kennynelcon:

Did you apply for student visa before applying?

I'm also present, but i doubt i'll take up their offer if im accepted, except i don't get accepted to any other uni.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
bamjay:

yes i did. my scores?bros no even talk go that side. i just they fear say the poor GRE scores dont disqualify me. and you?

I'm not sure GRE is compulsory for ece, anyway if I confirm otherwise, I'll shift focus to other schools.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dudubery:

I'm also present, but i doubt i'll take up their offer if im accepted, except i don't get accepted to any other uni.
why
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
cjrex501:

Normal processing time takes 9weeks, so all he can do now is pray and wait.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Truegenie97: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mine has been 9 weeks and 4 days and I did my medicals since 5th of January
phrancisco:

Normal processing time takes 9weeks, so all he can do now is pray and wait.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dudubery: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
kennynelcon:

why

1) the programme i applied to is pretty new at the uni (master of public policy).this year makes it the 2nd year.

2) required to demonstrate knowledge of two courses- uni level(economics and statistics), which means i'ld have to take those courses before enrolment and there is no provision for that by their uni.

My fault though, i wasnt thorough in my research before i applied- i wouldnt have applied if i'd noticed the full requirement. So, i really hope other unis make me an offer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Truegenie97: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
I sent a mail to accra immigration since it has passed the normal processing time and I haven't gotten any answer yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dudubery: 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
bamjay:

Hahaha, u'r not alone. Altho i took the test for u of t not ubc. It is well

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.