Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040078 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by manny14: 2:07am On Feb 10, 2016
Sorry please how does that work?
olah23:
I did Tru Tru peertransfer 144
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Untap143: 4:08am On Feb 10, 2016
Please which month did you apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dmines22: 7:25am On Feb 10, 2016
tejiri294:

Big boss i applied via Online not Paper Route....

Your mycic account should be your friend sir....

If you get any new update or msg you will be notified via your mail... And you can occasionally check it too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 11:02am On Feb 10, 2016
hi nairalanders,
any in durham college ,toronto , i need briefing please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
Adebimpz:

Hi, thank you. Here it is accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Thanks a lot. I've sent them a mail. How long did it take them to reply you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 12:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
brothers,

can i apply for student visa despite in the pool of express entry ? or do i need to withdraw first from express entry before applying for student visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hi frnds.... Can anyone answer my question pls? Hayqins, thesoj et all
favour0011:
Hello Fam... Please can someone defer his admission to September even after getting his trv with the POE letter out-rightly stating the deadline for travel is in may. Has anyone tried this before?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tunaban: 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
That's a great bargain. Please did you fill form A with any bank and what bank did you use? Please this info will be very useful
olah23:
I did Tru Tru peertransfer 144
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by executivegej: 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
I intend to apply for study permit in April but I was in UK from 2013-14.
The kit checklist requires PCC(police cert) from Nigeria and UK. How do I go about this?!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 2:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello
What if we do apply for express entry and later withdraw before applying for student visa?
whats are my chances
Please kindly reply and help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
I don't knw the skool you are going to if it's fanshawe will tell u where to do d payment
manny14:
Sorry please how does that work?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
I did all payment Tru peertransfer and all form was there to fill u only need ur student # and ur master or visa card.
tunaban:
That's a great bargain. Please did you fill form A with any bank and what bank did you use? Please this info will be very useful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Iyoha1: 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hi Good people,

My friend's junior brother had an admission into Niagara College. I like to know how genuine is this institution. I also like to know what and what is required to have a hassle free visa application process. Thanks in advance.

@ANBAKO, You have no cause to worry. Niagara college is a genuine institution. It may interest you to know that I secured admission to study International Business Management at the college for May 2016 Session. Currently putting finishing touches to my documents in readiness for submission. Respect to all the gurus and veterans in the house.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohammed199(m): 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
Yayh.............. been long you all saw me ( in wande coal's voice )
happy new year to you all........ am fully ready to refire again.. am applying to UPEI (Business Admin) Sept Intake

am applying this night by 12am....

my questions:
1. is there anyone currently in Charlotte that can help i mean (guidelines)
2. is there anyone whose also applying into the same uni (UPEI) against sept intake respectively
3. is there anyone who knows little or much about the school... like how long it takes before dey grant admission and their payment method (school fees)

Thanks grin smiley wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by executivegej: 9:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
Does having an express entry profile affect student visa application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by senatonato(m): 9:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello house
My sponsor is my dad..his account has good inflow and outflow of cash. But his current balance is abt 1m plus. Can i use it lyk that to apply for trv..my programme starts may. Time isnt on my side. I await response and advice of gurus.. i have also already paid part of the tuition which is 6800Cad

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tejiri294: 10:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
ohammed199:
happy new year to you all........ am fully ready to refire again.. am applying to UPEI (Business Admin) Sept Intake

my questions:
2. is there anyone whose also applying into the same uni (UPEI) against sept intake respectively
3. is there anyone who knows little or much about the school... like how long it takes before dey grant admission and their payment method (school fees)

Thanks grin smiley wink
Am going to UPEI...your admission should be out in 3 weeks or less!! depending on fast you can get your docs across.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 40manlappy: 10:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello house, please help me out with this enquiry.

I would like to know how much one should set aside to successfully complete a Ph.d programme (Accounting) in Canada. An estimate would be just fine.

How easy is it to acquire PR while running a Ph.d program?

Would I be allowed to bring my family along?

Can my spouse work during the period?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dallydd: 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
8M
40manlappy:
Hello house, please help me out with this enquiry.

I would like to know how much one should set aside to successfully complete a Ph.d programme (Accounting) in Canada. An estimate would be just fine.

How easy is it to acquire PR while running a Ph.d program?

Would I be allowed to bring my family along?

Can my spouse work during the period?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 40manlappy: 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
dallydd:
8M

Thanks for your response.

I would appreciate answers to the other questions.

If 8m is the estimate for the student who wants to pursue the Ph.d, I guess a family of four (including the prospective student) may be looking at 16m! shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 11:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
senatonato:
Hello house
My sponsor is my dad..his account has good inflow and outflow of cash. But his current balance is abt 1m plus. Can i use it lyk that to apply for trv..my programme starts may. Time isnt on my side. I await response and advice of gurus.. i have also already paid part of the tuition which is 6800Cad

Is their anyway he could boost up the account to like 4M or does he have other assets you can add to it. If I may ask are u his only dependant and also are u going for UG or PG?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 11:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Any UBC aspirant?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by senatonato(m): 12:14am On Feb 11, 2016
phrancisco:

Is their anyway he could boost up the account to like 4M or does he have other assets you can add to it. If I may ask are u his only dependant and also are u going for UG or PG?
Other assets are house, share documents, pension fund of 3.5m plus. I have a younger brother of 7..i am 28. Am going for PG. Any boosting might look suspicious..but the inflow and outflow for the past 6months is more than 6m.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WenduIce: 12:39am On Feb 11, 2016
Hello room, so the last time i said anything i wasn't detailed and I realize now that the question was uncalled for as i have gone through the thread and gotten most of the information I need.
My name is Wendu, i have been offered admission to UOttawa for fall 2016 for Masters,communication. Want to start applying for study permit from now. I have a few questions though.
1) Which route is highly recommended- paper route or online. I have already decided to do upfront medicals no matter d route.
2)Since its just the SOA that needs d original to be sent, must all other copies of supporting documents be notarised.
3) I am planning to use my dad's company as sponsor and him as the co-sponsor using his dorm account. Please how can i go about it. Will both need separate letters/affidavits of sponsorship?
4) I'm sure I'm not the only one that got scared with the $37,000 in the offer from Uottawa as opposed to the $6,888 + that was written on their website for fees. Any comments on this.
5) I am currently working as a front desk officer in an oil trading firm. It doesn't pay me much so once salary comes in n it leaves..and sometimes they issue cheques. How would this affect the application. Do I need to to put in my empty SOA And again, it is not related to what I studied-Theatre Arts or what I'm going to study. Does it matter? BTW I'm 22yrs, finished from school 2014 and finished NYSC last year.
6) I asked the school for a letter of acceptance on their official letterhead as I felt the one that was sent to me via email may not suffice. they have agreed to send it and is asking what address to send it to.Please advice on the address or on if it is necessary at all. And if the different routes would have different addresses.

As I have more specific questions id ask but please gurus in d house..help a sister.

@tnuola, @hayqinsbFX @thesoj please help

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:41am On Feb 11, 2016
Well then you have to follow the deadline. What is the expiry date on your TRV?

favour0011:
Hello Fam... Please can someone defer his admission to September even after getting his trv with the POE letter out-rightly stating the deadline for travel is in may. Has anyone tried this before?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:47am On Feb 11, 2016
It is possible to transfer from course-based to thesis-based, but it depends on the university. You might wanna email your prospective school's program coordinator to ask.

Transferring to one university to another is possible, but think about the costs (in time and money). Keep in mind that the new school may require you to start all over again. My advice is that you should try to get into the ideal program for you even before you leave Naija.

ceemac:
Hello Bro... Long time and nice to having you around..
I want to request the probability of changing to a Thesis based Masters from the Course based one in the same department, How easy can these be?
Also will also like to request how possible it may be transferring from one University to the other as a Masters student?

@thesoj @Berexio @AllForumites kindly help out!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:50am On Feb 11, 2016
Yes you can. I read it on the CIC website somewhere. Don't take my words for it though, do a google search and find it for yourself.
opia12345:
brothers,
can i apply for student visa despite in the pool of express entry ? or do i need to withdraw first from express entry before applying for student visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:51am On Feb 11, 2016
CIC says it shouldn't affect your chance (sorry I can't find the link but will post it if I find it). But then I don't know if the Accra VOs prejudice your application based on this.
opia12345:
Hello
What if we do apply for express entry and later withdraw before applying for student visa?
whats are my chances
Please kindly reply and help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:53am On Feb 11, 2016
@amefrica is at UPEI.
ohammed199:

my questions:

Thanks grin smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:57am On Feb 11, 2016
No. The ending balance should cover your total tuition amount plus 10k CAD living expenses (total annual costs). Perhaps you could show an ending balance with 6800CAD less than the total annual costs but to reduce risk the balance should be at least the total annual costs. Btw, the thread has all this information. I'd recommend you read Part 8.
senatonato:
Hello house

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.