Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Inter-tribal Relationships - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Inter-tribal Relationships (25008 Views)

Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by superman(m): 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2006
maybe u consider those white guy that try to go like they black! they hate theirself so much ! hey
those that tan their skin to look brown like me no wonder white people are so jealous of me! can't stand then 4 real.
those that try to speak like black people blah balh

those on the thread that jubilate each time someone chat s hit about africans but can't stand the heat when table  swing to the white patner!

now who born monkie ! ,
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by SEGUN2003(m): 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2006
Although I don't like writing or talking much, I feel it is my obligation as a human being to participate in this forum. I am a Nigerian living in Brazil fo a long time and whenever i go back home i can't help my thouhts as to the reasons why Nigeria has got so many serious problems. And I always come up with the same answer all the time, THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA, ARE THE NIGERIANS, and this will continue to be for along time. The Yorubas don't believe in the Hausas and are very wary of the Ibos, The Ibos think that only their people have suffered and the Hausas are alone in their own world, Ibibios annd Yorubas are not to be trusted. For God's sake, forget all these things and let us try promoting the union of our beloved  through inter-tribal marriage. It does not matter where he/she is from, if you like him/her, GO GET HER/HIM. The most marvellous thing in this world is for you to be happy, if he or she can give you this sole feeling, what are you waiting for then? Let us stop all these talks about Ibos/Hausas/Yorubas and build a ONE SOLID NIGERIA. Brazil the country where I am at the moment is about 10 times bigger than Nigeria, and they do not go about choosing who is who. If he/she is white/black or yellow, but is your other half , MARRY HIM, or do you want to tell me that marrying someone of your race/colour/people means the marriage will be trouble free? Come on!!! BE HAPPY!!!!!!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by superman(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2006
we know that but i think what we are talkin now is bigger than  what u are sayin!

and if i may ask how many western maybe president or noble whoever married to a black woman or well africa! and why the raw jewish only marry themselves or shall i say we black people should be sticking  to ourselves course the time aint right for us to go outside our race

now dnt talk about Koffi Anna hope not! course he is a coconut!

and as for nigeria well one can say our so called leader havent got love for their people or have they? just take a look at IBB ! people that wana rule us now u look at Nwankwo Kano (super Eagles) hes not a president but hey he recognise its all good, show love to his people. do u know how many nigerians has been helped by his heart foundation ! now thats love rite . so when people like Ibb with all those wealth talkin about how they gona change things u wonder emmm yea. so nigeria is not about yoruba dnt like ibo or hausa this and that for me.

now lets be careful!

yea cheers!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2006
SEGUN2003:

THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA, ARE THE NIGERIANS
As well as every country on planet "earth". The problem is always the people and not the country itself undecided

SEGUN2003:

Let us stop all these talks about Ibos/Hausas/Yorubas and build a ONE SOLID NIGERIA.
The problem didn't start today and since a tree can't make a forest, you have to convince every single Nigerian of this fact. Goodluck! grin

Besides, we not discouraging the girl. I only spoke concerning my personal choice and I still maintain that fact wink. She can marry an Arab for all I care as long as she's happy grin
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by superman(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2006
so long as she happy u rite maybe at our expense rite u are happy!
u see something aint rite somewhere
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by BrownEyes4(f): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2006
Before we think of jumping into relationships with other races, get to know other cultures. Being white is not next to godliness as White Christianity preaches. African people stop the ignorant speculation of one another and grow to love one another again.

@Mamaput

If bleaching and weave wearing is not proof of self hate, what is?

Why is it good to bleach one's skin until its raw and instead of showing their natural hair, they prefer to hide it with those long flowing wigs of many colours? Have you ever seen an African with natural blonde straight hair?

The only time you will see other races mimicking our hair is when they are taking the piss. They certainly do not walk into work sporting an afro.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by superman(m): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2006
and why should white people have to tan their skin to look brown if i may ask?
why do they have to talk like us dress like us!

why can't they leave it raw yes i understand where u are coming from but just wondering if u can answer those question
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2006
Are you trying to compare tanning and bleaching? shocked shocked shocked Good Lawd!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by BrownEyes4(f): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2006
Having a tan is attractive and many white people can see this. Besides they are not the ones telling Africans to bleach.

White people envy African people but we fail to see it. When we start loving ourselves again, our situation in this world will change for the better.

Meanwhile if you find you are in a relationship with someone of another culture within your own race, make the most of it and work at it. Dont let 'tribalism' stand in your way of happiness.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by superman(m): 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2006
ye i second that babes!
course they  so jealous of us no doubt! and i must warn read what u saw! leave thing raw rite! bleachin tannin here they don come

hmm u are on the track to unity
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by BrownEyes4(f): 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2006
smiley
and i hope you are too
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by lovebayus(m): 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2006
htis message should be snag into the ears of the enemies of progress in the niger delta who keep abducting expatriates in the name of fighting a just course. there are better channels of conflict resolution yet to be harnessed by these people. one blood flow in our body and the color is thesame; RED!!!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Somegirl

Sista, would it really matter if I was white? Would it again make a difference if I was white but born and raised in Nigeria? Let me tell you: My skin is neither black nor white and neither is my mind.

If you are white, yes, it does make a difference. Black people are always welcoming to everyone, so even if you are white, we will take care of you. But, never get it twisted that you have a right to become involved in our community decisions because, you don't. If black people go to Europe and are raised in Europe, we would not even disrespect like that, trying to get involved in white peoples business, that is just not us.

Just because you were raised in Nigeria, that does not give you the right to speak on issues that the Native Africans their have suffered by the hands of your people, which you would probably deny.

White people have been sticking their noses into the business of black people for to long now, it is time for it to stop.

When I mentioned what your people had done to black people, I was clearly talking to a young black girl. You jumped and and asked a question that was inappropriate to a black person who is seeking peace between black people.

Sista, have you ever talked with Igbo people about other Nigerian "tribes"? Ask them what the Hausa and Yoruba have done to them and you might be surprised! 

What were you trying to do?

In my opinion, you were looking out for your self.

You want so much to be accepted by black people that you will even subtly try to keep them fighting each other. My whole thing is the unification of black people but when you say what you said in the above. It sounds like as long as black people love you, you don't care if they fight each other. You are just like your people, you want to control black people. Keep us fighting amongst ourselves as long as we don't fight you.  This means you oppose what I advocate. Again, Black unification.

Any so called concerned white person who really loves back people and feels that black people are as human as they are, would not go around bringing up how we fight each other, when we are talking about how white people have done us. What your people have done and still do is the truth.

If you really cared, why would you do that?

I am afraid you are going to have to come up with another way to show that you sincerely without selfish reason see black people as you see your self.

From what I can detect, you are here to make sure that black people keep continuing to love you and you would never advocate them uniting, however you would conveniently keep it alive that we fight each other.

To answer you question on did I know about the fights between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa, here is your answer. White people where also behind that. As usual, they make it look like black people are just wild animals who fight each other.

Proof:

The British practiced indirect rule in Nigeria as they had in much of the rest of their colonial states. The Ibo were early opponents to British rule. However, they took advantage of missionaries to become educated and many converted to Christianity, especially Catholicism. They were then selected by the British to fill low-level civil service and business positions, and military posts. Favoritism by the British led to further conflict with other groups when the Ibo were placed in authority positions in the north and southwest.

[size=15pt]Divide and Conquer in Disguise.[/size] If our people could only realize this.

http://www.cidcm.umd.edu/inscr/mar/assessment.asp?groupId=47503
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Brown-eyes

Sista, Keep up with the education and with hope African people from all cultures will learn to live side by side with respect again.

Brown, thank you so much, I can't tell you how refreshing you are. Having you tell me this feels like I had been travelling through a dessert for all my life and I finally see the pond of water. Again, thank you so much.

Hey, you teach very well also cheesy you keep up the good work as well.

Oh, and one more thing, isn't interesting how I was attacked for telling the truth about my discrimination towards white people in my post, but no one bothered to deal with the question I asked them to ask their self about how they treat each other? hmmm
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by chinani(f): 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Nostrings
I sympathize with you o! I know parents just like your Mum. My advice is to try and communicate well w/ your mother no matter how she frustrates you, but also to get to know this man very well. To know his faults & good points so that if you do decide to marry him, you'll do so w/ your eyes open.

I have a friend who's mother is Yoruba & father is from Rivers. They all live in Naija. The man's family didn't like the mother when they married b/c she was Yoruba but now they can't live w/o this lady. Whenever she comes they are celebrating. So make it a point to discover how his people truly feel about you. Would they be welcoming?

Mamaput spoke well when she said that in Naija there are no govt assistance for marriages gone wrong.

More advice: Persue/continue the relationship but don't give him everything. I mean don't talk yourself into a frenzy thinking this is the only man you can/will love/marry. Why? Because you could sacrifice everything for this man & when the relationship goes sour he won't appreciate it at all. Then where will you be? It's a real concern! Try to be calm. Best wishes! kiss

Random Talk:

@Mamaput Interesting that you say that about Edo folk b/c I've met those who say that about Igbo. Say we're bush people can keep up the "fetish ways". Most Igbo women your age (that I know) don't have their "package" but I guess it's a generation thing like someone said before.

@Sista I see where you were coming from w/ your 2nd post. However I always wonder why you speak more than necessary. You make a point, then you overshadow your point but letting people draw you into quarrels (about white people etc.) I don't know, I don't know.

@Others Lots of white people don't agree w/ "interracial" stuff so why should every "black" person? People are different. . .some of your parents don't agree w/ it but you've come to crucify Sista. Is that funny or sad or what?

BrownEyes you spoke well, Radiant you spoke well, the list goes on. . . grin
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Brown-eyes

In which particular sentence did she put the White Race down? As far as i can understand, she was advocating for Africans to stand together instead of fussing over different cultures. Nostrings presented a problem that a lot of African people have come across due to this negative attitude we have towards each other.

If telling the truth about white people is putting them down, I am guilty.

Don't get me wrong though, when I first came into nairaland advocating black unification, I didn't say anything about white people, not even the truth. When my own people began to attack me, this is when I called my self providing my justification for black unification, that is when i was called a racist. but I do not care. I knew I would get that from my own people more than anyone else. Why should white people attack me when they got enough black people to do that?

Of course, in nairaland, I am damned if I do and damned if i don't.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by somegirl(f): 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2006
Sista, cool down, you've misinterpreted me. I did not say that black people should fight each other. When I asked you whether you've talked to some Igbo about the other Nigerian ethnicities, I did so because I have heard a lot of insults (directed at THE Hausa and THE Yoruba) from a FEW of them and it has shocked me.

You speak of THE whites having done and still doing harm to THE blacks. Does that include the unborn white embryo? Does that include the white baby? The white toddler? The white child? The white teenager? The white adult? The white elder? When does it start?

And now tell me how is that different from an Igbo saying "the Yoruba are monsters who have and still are doing us harm"?

PS: Thanks for the link.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Chinani

@Sista I see where you were coming from w/ your 2nd post. However I always wonder why you speak more than necessary. You make a point, then you overshadow your point but letting people draw you into quarrels (about white people etc.) I don't know, I don't know.

I never speak more than necessary. Only for those who meet me half way and see things the way that I do, to them I am speaking more than necessary, think about it, they already know what I am about.

I am speaking for those who still need to hear what I am saying, they are the ones who don't know.

I have been complimented by other naiaraland members for being so thorough. Being as thorough as possible is one of my weaknesses.

However, you do have a point about my be driven into quarrels, at least that is how it appears.

That is why I have aqquired a new method, I will not respond to people who are clearly trying to do that. As you can see, I have chosen not to respond to a few people in this discussion.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by sweetlove(m): 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2006
Hola sista,Come Esta? Donde de estas Ahora?
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by GNature(m): 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2006
I am all for inter-tribal relationships, but I agree with whomever said we should try and understand the other tribe thoroughly if one must marry from another tribe.

@mamaput

You raised an excellent point on the role one's family plays, using the fact that we don't have welfare assistance in Naija. Solid point.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by chinani(f): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Sista
I understand your mindset but I'm not sure if it's fruitful. undecided It's not for me to say though. Good idea not to respond to everyone.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by superman(m): 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2006
somegal

what are u tryin to depict igbo ppl as! be careful amadioha de in town! they are very hard working and industrous ppl ! sure the man upstairs God will agree on this one

hmmm jealous
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by superman(m): 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2006
sista your mindset is so good for black people ! u are less likely to sell your soul to the devil!

guess u dnt wana sound like kwara state governor that offers land to Zimbabeaw farmers! sure nigeria as nation dnt need that mindset!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2006
superman:

guess u dnt wana sound like kwara state governor that offers land to Zimbabeaw farmers! sure nigeria as nation dnt need that mindset!
lmao

I'll be back tmrw to go over the 'novels' y'all have written today grin Well done both to the weakest link and to the strongest link. Goodbye wink grin
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by GNature(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2006
@radiant

We need you today, not tomorrow grin
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by chinani(f): 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2006
superman:

sista your mindset is so good for black people ! u are less likely to sell your soul to the devil!

Ok, hmm, maybe I'm being misunderstood. I meant I understand why you repeat yourself but maybe I don't know how many people you're 'eduating' w/ your repition. Wasn't talking about the pro-black mindset. Ok, hope that clears it up.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2006
GNature, tmrw is monday u know cool Bye! kiss
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2006
@somegirl

Sista, cool down, you've misinterpreted me. I did not say that black people should fight each other.

I didn't misinterpret you, you misinterpreted your self. You were eluding that forget about what white people have done to the entire continent of Africa, look at what Africans do to their self. You tried your best to be subtle about it but I know the cleverness of white people so that subtleness does not work with me.

When I asked you whether you've talked to some Igbo about the other Nigerian ethnicities, I did so because I have heard a lot of insults (directed at THE Hausa and THE Yoruba) from a FEW of them and it has shocked me.

Again, I was not even talking to you, i was talking to a fellow sister and you came in asking me, trying to confuse and dumb found me me by asking me did I know about how certain groups of African people fight each other. I don't need you to keep reminding me of what my people do to each other? Lets talk about how your people infiltrated these fights going on between black on black.

You speak of THE whites having done and still doing harm to THE whites. Does that include the unborn white embryo? Does that include the white baby? The white toddler? The white child? The white teenager? The white adult? The white elder? When does it start?

What you don't seem to realize is, you people have a different type of psychology. Look around this world, white people have practically colonized or attempted to colonize everyone with their ideals. Those they could colonize or beat into submission, if they could not turn them into slaves, they killed them. Your people have gone around the world and still to this day do these things to people of color.

I am not saying that there are no good white people but the fact is, it is hard to know. White people are like a barrel of snakes, the snakes that can't do you any harm, they are on the bottom of the barrel, but all the Vipers, Anacondas and snakes like them are on the top. Who would be fool enough to try and reach down to the bottom to get one of the good snakes? I can think of many black men who have been killed for loving a so called (good one)  white woman. Answer me this, why would a white woman marry a black man during a time when she knows he could be killed? Is that love, or is it selfishness? On the other hand, what would make a black man marry a white woman at a time he could be killed for doing that? I tell you what, brainwash. The type of brainwash that tells you you will be accepted as long as you have a white woman. The kind of brainwash that tells you white women are the most beautifulest on this planet. The kind of brainwash that tells you the white way is the best way. This is why black people need to love their self first before we can love other people. It is not the time for us to be mixing. Other wise, as long as we do not love our self, we will continue to sacrifice our self for the ones who need us to make them feel more than loved. The head honcho of the world, white people.  

And now tell me how is that different from an Igbo saying "the Yoruba are monsters who have and still are doing us harm"?

Again, you keep harping on this, what are you trying to say or tell me that I don't already know?

Again, let's talk about your people and what they do to everybody including their self
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Sweetlove

Hola sista,Come Esta? Donde de estas Ahora?

Aqui estoy, Sweetlove.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by somegirl(f): 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2006
Superman, biko guo post m ofuma. Edere m "a [size=28pt]FEW[/size] of [the Igbo]". Nodu mma! Ka chi foo.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by superman(m): 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2006
hah ! chiani im educating u for free
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 9:07pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Somegirl

You speak of THE whites having done and still doing harm to THE whites. Does that include the unborn white embryo? Does that include the white baby? The white toddler? The white child? The white teenager? The white adult? The white elder? When does it start?

I forgot to deal with this part.

It begins with white people period. White people are inferior to the world. They look around and see that they have no color like everyone else has. That is where it begins. White people need to be thankful to God for making them the way God made them but instead, they are angry with God, they feel that God has cheated them. This is what white people need to deal with. This does not apply to all white people but it does apply to most of them seeing as how they have completly taken over the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses / Olori Wuraola And Partners Assist Victims Of Mudslide With Shelter In Freetown / Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.