Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Inter-tribal Relationships - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Inter-tribal Relationships (24985 Views)

Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by maxell(f): 9:26am On Oct 10, 2006
Radiant:

You're fighting for unification while you're in the US eh? Smart ass.

@Radiant

Smart a$$ indeed grin
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by macalurs(m): 11:59am On Oct 10, 2006
Hehe Superman them and the bag lady sista--- una funny o

One talks like she's born and bred in the US. She's so stereotypical. All the same, good luck with the ridiculous campaign.

They want me to go into the street and bring every black-man into my house and feed him some Amala and Eewdu stew made with coconut juice--- all in the name of brotherhood. haba. I've been looking for a flea market I can get bisquick old enough to improvise with. I got ma coconut juice handy.

Very soon I'll be yelling "Al ma black bruthas!! where y'asses at--- a gat some amala and ewedu $h!t for y'all and am throwin' some coconut juice on this $h!t and it's off the hook. All 'because y'all's ma bruthas!!"

I can see the looks on their faces after tasting it like "wtf?--"

rollin~rollin
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Chibabe1(f): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2006
Many of us would want to marry who we love irrespective of their tribe.

But our parents are always the problem!

If you go ahead and force them to accept that person who is not from your tribe that marriage is always not rosy.

Problems with inlaws especially mother-inlaws is definitely going to be an everyday thing!

If asked, i advice one marries from his or her tribe.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2006
here is a wonderful topic, and i will like to add my contribution to it.
First of all,i dont like pointing accusing fingers at others, but only to myself.That's when one can learn from his/her mistakes.Instead of talking about other tribes in Nigeria.I will Only talk about mine in particular.I hailed form the western part of the country,and the contributors have all been speaking of inter-tribal relationships, but never considererd that there're also set backs in some tirbes.For example,an ijebu,most times will never go out with ondo/ekiti.Why?You never know,they all claim its from their ancestors,and they both claim they are all yorubas.As it's going on in within the yorubas,likewise with the ibos and hausas.So why not start tackling the probelm from within,instead from outside.
It's high time we all stand up against all forms of traditions that serve as obstacles to our happiness."TO HELL WITH SUCH TRADITIONS"
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Constantin: 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2006
Why do we Black people always attach so much importance to Black and White, will this ever change?

I am a black Naija boy and I am proud of it but I desperately fell in love with an Irish/English girl at university here in the UK. I am studying economics and psychology (combined studies). She studies design and architecture. I love her sooo much and she loves me, too. Of course, I also had Black girlfriends before desperately in love with a white girl. Our love is so intense. What can I do if I love a white girl? Should I be punished for loving a white girl or should she be punished for loving a black guy? Why do we attach so much importance to skin colour, it all goes back to our psychologically ingrained set of inferiority complex we inherited from the colonial era, we need to forget that and be proud that we are Black but if someone falls in love with a white or black guy one should not be socially despised for it. We all haven´t been asked before birth where we want to live and what colour of skin we want to have.

RACE, NATION, STATE, TRIBAL WARS OR ETHNICITY AND INFERIORITY AND SUPERIORITY DUE TO SKIN COLOUR HAVE ALL BEEN CREATED BY MANKIND, LET´S NOT FORGET THAT WE ARE ALL GOD´S CHILDREN AND ALL SHARE ONE AND THE SAME PLANET!!!! I DO HOPE THAT THE NEXT GENERATIONS WON´T ATTACH LESS IMPORTANCE TO WHERE SOMEONE COMES FROM OR WHOM HE DATES,
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by BrownEyes4(f): 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2006
@ Constantin

Nothing wrong with you finding love else where but if you are one of those who say they have given up on African women because they dont sex enough along with a number of stupid excuses then that is when you will receive a backlashing.

By the way at wht uni are you based?
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Kaecy5

and for the whitty
sista and browneyes i really give it up to u because i sure feel u any day. the white man have brain washed a lot of blacks to even forget that they r blacks infact i so pity those nigerians and soem carribeans that are whitty wannna bees  because the white man would dump u after he is through with u

Thank you for pointing out all that you pointed out in your post. We need more people like you.

The thing is, in nairaland, almost all the black people you see writing words across their screen in defense of white people, they are the ones who have white counterparts peeping over their shoulders as they defend their white counterparts. When a black person is married to a white person, that black person spends the rest of his life trying to prove over and over his love for his or her white counterpart.

By nature, white people are very insecure and black people who are with them pick this up aboput their counterpart. By nature black people will go the mile for the ones they love and so, the result is for the black person, a lifetime battle trying to convince his or her self that they made the right choice in selecting their white counterpart.

I feel sorry for them but if the heat gets to hot, they can always return home. No matter what they do, they will still be my brother or sister. Unfortunately, they would probably never return home becuase their ego's probably won't let them. For black people, we don't like it when we fail, and that is a part of the problems we are having now. Unfortunately at this time we don't have what it takes to forgive ourself, which clearly shows in our inabilty to love our self.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Radiant

You're not the only Nigerian or African living in the US so why are you not accepted by your people?
This one has to do with your personality I guess.

Radiant, you don't know me that well hun. I will not let the burden of proof be upon me, you can go back and read and study up on me if it is that important to you. I don't change, I am who I am, a woman of my word. Unlike you who comes in here and pretends to be down for black unification but tells me because of my attitude that, white people are justified in treating me and black people like me as they do and have done in the past. Is your head on right? Your the one who is the switcher upper. By the way, I am loved by many black people here in America. Don't get me wrong though, there are some black people in America who think like you, and they don't like me too much grin

You're fighting for unification while you're in the US eh? Smart ass. Why don't you break the bonds of rejection and go back to Nigeria and do your campaign. I'm sure it will make more sense than trying to make a point on Nairaland

No hun, I fight it every where and all the time, it is my life.

I'm in the process hun. I am going back to Africa but I am not going to Nigeria, I am not ready to be killed by my own people, I still have a lot of work to do. I will be going to Ghana real soon.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by sweetlove(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2006
@sista, Hola amigo,Ti quero mucho.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Constantin

My brotha, the very fact that your screen name is Constantine, that says a lot about you black man.

I am a black Naija boy and I am proud of it but I desperately fell in love with an Irish/English girl at university here in the UK. I am studying economics and psychology (combined studies). She studies design and architecture. I love her so much and she loves me, too. Of course, I also had Black girlfriends before desperately in love with a white girl. Our love is so intense. What can I do if I love a white girl?

I appreciate your honesty but I challenge you to ask your self this? Why is it  that when you refer to falling in love with this white girl, that you use the word desperately? You used that word twice when referring to falling in love wit this white woman.

Also, at the same time you spoke casually of being with black woman. You said
"Of course I also had black girlfriends before, but I fell desperately in love with white girl." What does that mean? As a black woman, I am inclined to take that as you slept with black women and maybe took them on dates.

If you are studying psychology, I challenge you to analyze your self and be honest when doing so. Think about your childhood and all that led up to your desperately falling in love with this white woman. Try to be objective when doing this, it won't help to be subjective.

Please don't be mad with me, I am being honest with you as you have been with us all by expressing your feelings about this white woman. Please do not allow your self to become discouraged by the people who may jump in between what I am trying to experience with you. You don't know me and I don't know you and probably never will but we are all trying to learn something or teach something so what are we afraid of?

Also, do you agree that we choose who we love? Yes or No
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Sweetlove

Me pequito espanol.

Hola amigo

No, Hola Amiga, si?

Ti quero mucho.

Mucho es- a lot

Ti quero? Me don't know undecided
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by sweetlove(m): 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2006
Sista:

@Sweetlove

Me pequito espanol.

No, Hola Amiga, si?

Mucho es- a lot

Ti quero? Me don't know undecided

Hola amiga si,gracias.
(Ti quero) means,I Love you very Much.

Tell me more about you and what you do,I want to Know,email me @ paulluistawainn@yahoo.com
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2006
Sista:

@Radiant

Radiant, you don't know me that well hun. I will not let the burden of proof be upon me, you can go back and read and study up on me if it is that important to you. I don't change, I am who I am, a woman of my word. Unlike you who comes in here and pretends to be down for black unification but tells me because of my attitude that, white people are justified in treating me and black people like me as they do and have done in the past.
Hehehehhehe na wa o! How important can you be to me to study about you? lmao You were the one who said you are rejected by your own people. All the people I know including myself who live abroad are very welcomed back home that's why I was a bit confused when you mentioned rejection. Besides there's no reason for that except your attitude is what they can't stand. It has nothing to do with you as a black living abroad.

I pretend to be down for black unification? Girl you joking right? Now who's pretending between the both of us? You probably were short or a comeback there huh? lol

When I said we blacks are treated the way we're treated 'cause of people like you, I meant that whatever you do to someone, another will do it back to you so stop trying to accuse me of anything. Sort out your differences with white people and then we can talk.
Sista:

@Radiant

By the way, I am loved by many black people here in America. Don't get me wrong though, there are some black people in America who think like you, and they don't like me too much grin
You indirectly saying I don't like you? lol why would you say that? You were the one calling me stupid and an idiot. Did I come back with any insult other than speak my mind? My dear relax I have no problem with you but must speak my mind where necessary.
Sista:

@Radiant

No hun, I fight it every where and all the time, it is my life.

I'm in the process hun. I am going back to Africa but I am not going to Nigeria, I am not ready to be killed by my own people, I still have a lot of work to do. I will be going to Ghana real soon.
Killed by your own people? Girl, u never talk true yet grin

They say charity begins at home. Going to Ghana to do what? Fight for unification or you got admitted to do some 3 months internship? lol

Neway, goodluck to you!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Radiant

I pretend to be down for black unification? Girl you joking right? Now who's pretending between the both of us? You probably were short or a comeback there huh? lol

When I said we blacks are treated the way we're treated 'cause of people like you, I meant that whatever you do to someone, another will do it back to you so stop trying to accuse me of anything. Sort out your differences with white people and then we can talk.

Believe it or not, I am not here to show off my good combacks. My ego is directed and focused on something more becoming.

Secondly, I made the comment about your pretending because you totally through me off telling me I deserve what white people do to me and people like me. No black person should ever fix their mouth to say that Africans who were taken into slavery deserved it for what ever reason. That is why I also told you that white people would not have been able to hear of my comments on them, If me and my people were still in Africa or in America by choice.

You indirectly saying I don't like you? lol why would you say that? You were the one calling me stupid and an idiot. Did I come back with any insult other than speak my mind? My dear relax I have no problem with you but must speak my mind where necessary.

I'm not trying to get smart or give you a good come back but, I honestly do not care if anyone in nairaland does not like me. This place is a fun place but I will never see you people. I have a life outside of nairaland. The comment you are referring to that made you say the above quote must be due to my response in reference to what you said about people must not like me because of my attitude and therefore they reject me. I wasn't really sure what your aim was with the rejection comment but I rolled with it and I gave you my response. Had nothing to do with my misconstruing how you feel about me. Again, I really do not care what people who I will never see think about me, especially if their thoughts of me are negative.

They say charity begins at home. Going to Ghana to do what? Fight for unification or you got admitted to do some 3 months internship?

I know charity begins at home and believe me I do a lot of charity. As far as my reasons for going to Ghana, it has nothing to do with an internship.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by OMOGE2: 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2006
this is to sisita i now that u dont mean no disrespect at all we are all sharing are opinions and its all good i now u r prob omo naija abi so u shuld now what im sayin u now hw nigerians r they want u to marry ur own kind my mom wuld rather me marry a nigerian but the truth is it doesnt realy matter who i marry she cant really tell me who and who not to marry unless she plans on feedin me all my life my mom is no 1 of those crazy naija parents but i now deep in her heart she wants me to marry an omo yoruba but i now whever i marry she will have to except it no matter well just now i didnt take offense to wat u said i just hope u new were i was comin from when i said my first comment.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by chinani(f): 11:16pm On Oct 10, 2006
@BrownEyes
I'm really feelin' your posts. cool

@Sista
Don't be so hard on Constantin. He sounds, er, young & 'first love' etc. is usually a bit desperate. undecided
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by GNature(m): 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2006
OMOGE #1

No offense, but please use commas (,) and period/full stop (.) when writing for better clarity.

Many thanks.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by mochafella(m): 11:58pm On Oct 10, 2006
OMOGE #1

Plenty offense angry , please use commas (,) and period/full stop (.) when writing for better clarity.

Many thanks. grin
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 6:11am On Oct 11, 2006
Sorry my net was down yesterday night.

Sista:

@Radiant
No black person should ever fix their mouth to say that Africans who were taken into slavery deserved it for what ever reason.
Ha! this girl. Na wa for you o. shocked
You were the one who said whites should be treated in a discerning way. That was the reason I replied, saying that blacks are treated the way they're treated 'cause of people like you. I went further in my last post to say that, that particular comment means, treat others the way you'll want them treat you.
Sista:

@Radiant
I honestly do not care if anyone in nairaland does not like me. This place is a fun place but I will never see you people. I have a life outside of nairaland.
Can you hear yourself? It's a pity honestly. Pro black my ass. Na so you go win your campaign? U never jam my dear. You got to swallow some shit for peace sake if you never knew that.Abi Kofi Anan didn't tell u that  wink My Dear, please practice what you preach shocked
Sista:

@Radiant
I wasn't really sure what your aim was with the rejection comment.  Again, I really do not care what people who I will never see think about me, especially if their thoughts of me are negative.
Was it not you that mentioned you are rejected by your own people? That was the reason for my comment there.

Who has negative thoughts about you? Please don't bring in sentiments here. shocked It's just different views and opinions.

If you've read my posts on other threads, you'll notice that I've been very calm and linient with you. I'm even surprised myself. I guess it's all in the name of flying a 'white flag'  wink

And yea, when I said "charity begins at home",I meant that you go back to Nigeria and secure peace first before any other place. If na charity, we all do charity nowwwwww wink grin

Whatever takes you to Ghana, best wishes. wink
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 6:11am On Oct 11, 2006
lmao @GNature and Mocha grin
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 6:35am On Oct 11, 2006
@Radiant

If you've read my posts on other threads, you'll notice that I've been very calm and linient with you. I'm even surprised myself. I guess it's all in the name of flying a 'white flag'

Lenient? Won't even dignify this.

You were the one who said whites should be treated in a discerning way. That was the reason I replied, saying that blacks are treated the way they're treated cause of people like you. I went further in my last post to say that, that particular comment means, treat others the way you'll want them treat you.

You keep evading what I said about slavery and colonialism when you respond with the above. You over looked what I said again.

I would rather just leave it be. I have enough battles in nairaland and I'm not up for this battle because you are to early in the game with missing my points. Missing points should have come much later after we established some type of understanding. At least then we could have been civil enough, that if either of one of us had misconstrued something the other said, we could have confronted each other nicely by asking a simple question, like "What did you mean when you said such and such? I am not understanding you." To late for that now.

Being that you take me for someone who is all about a good come back, I can see that this subject matter has rested on your negative ego and I am not with that at this point. So, after this you can say whatever you feel like saying.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 11, 2006
constantine:

Why do we Black people always attach so much importance to Black and White, will this ever change

i can see ur asking a dumb questionor there is a probability that ur not living in reality
the question should be turned around
why would white people always feel uneasiness around black people
why does it take u the long corporate ladder as a black man unlike a white man

we did not start racism and we aint going to end it. infact we just have modified

so grow up
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2006
@sista you are the one who doesn't want to see my own points. How will you understand me when you've refused to see my own points?

I didn't misunderstand anything you said so don't look for an excuse to ease out on this matter.

There's nothing like ego here. You think you can shut everyone up with your 'novel' like replies? I won't be fooled by them. I have enough time to read and understand you. That's why I've replied you accordingly.

Nobody is denying the effect of colonialism.I understand that colonialism is a major factor to our problem in Africa today but internal factors contribute also. This is the summary of this whole arguement and is the point I was trying to bring out.
Again, there has to be a price for a prize either you like it or not. Tough on us Africans but we can't reverse anything, we can only adjust to the system.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2006
@To All

Sista don't ease out from anything but Sista has been in Nairaland long enough to realize that it is useless- a waist of time and does not contribute to the cause to argue back and foruth with someone who say's things like, "you must have not had a good comback". If people are here for good comebacks, or people see me as only trying to have a good comeback, they have already built their impression about me. Therfore, anything I say and do with that individual, will derive a bias judgement. Not going to spend my time on that kind of stuff anymore.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2006
Sista sista, You are very good at replying every bit of someones's post. The fact i said you didn't have a good comeback don't mean shit.
I simply expected a better reply and not excuses.

Peace!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by maxell(f): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2006
Sista:

@To All
Sista don't ease out from anything but Sista has been in Nairaland long enough to realize that it is useless- a waist of time and does not contribute to the cause to argue back and foruth with someone who say's things like, "you must have not had a good comback". If people are here for good comebacks, or people see me as only trying to have a good comeback, they have already built their impression about me. Therfore, anything I say and do with that individual, will derive a bias judgement. Not going to spend my time on that kind of stuff anymore.

No one cares about what you do with your time. Keep that to your self.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by defacto1: 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2006
girl is ur mum gonna pick a guy 4 u lyk them indian arranged marriages? NO. so girl go ahead if the guy is worth the trouble.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 8:19pm On Oct 11, 2006
de facto:

girl is your mum going to pick a guy for you like them indian arranged marriages? NO. so girl go ahead if the guy is worth the trouble.
lol I think your mesg is meant for Nostrings. shocked R u okay? (just kidding) lmao
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by BrownEyes4(f): 1:20am On Oct 12, 2006
@ Sista

It would appear some people actually go out of their way to provoke you. I didnt know you were such a celebrity.

About Pan- African movement, it is slowly getting around due to some African people trying to disrupt it but it's reaching more people as time goes by.

The movement itself has modified in terms of being more assertive and not taking the soft approach. Thanks to community radio stations over here, people are waking up to the fact that slavery never ended only changed faces.

Just because we no longer see the chains, doesn't mean it isn't there.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Sista(f): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2006
@Browneyes

The movement itself has modified in terms of being more assertive and not taking the soft approach. Thanks to community radio stations over here, people are waking up to the fact that slavery never ended only changed faces.

Just because we no longer see the chains, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Yes, Pan Africanism is a great thing, it's like a dream though. I been hearing and reading about it so in some ways it seems real. Then, to hear Fela signing about Pan- Africanism made me think well damn! If Fela, an African born on the Continent of Africa is singing about it, it must be reaching out to all Africans.

As far as those hidden chains go, well we both know how that goes. All we can do is plant seeds for the furtile grounds and leave those shallow grounds alone to rot.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by mamaput(f): 9:14am On Oct 12, 2006
And what has all this got to do with the Topic?
Nothing what so ever

I hope your chains do not Rattle in your sleep
Re: Inter-tribal Relationships by Radiant(f): 9:53am On Oct 12, 2006
mamaput:

I hope your chains do not Rattle in your sleep
lmao grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses / Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King / The Amhara People Of Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.