Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) (56697 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
Very well so. Techno uses archaic TFT displays and lie to the public that it is amoled. When even HTC, Sony and IPhone aren't even using super amoled. HTC uses LCD 2/3 for their screens which is a worthy rival to super amoled. IPhone uses retina display over LCD. Nokia uses OLED and AMOLED over clear black technology.

Tecno uses Archive-resisdent 2001 TFT displays used by old N series Nokias
jesus!!! 2001 tft display they v been scamming us all diz while.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by adioolayi(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
BANGERLEE1:
-All this Gionee--Tecno----infinix they are still Chinko products you know...
Maybe am wrong...

Have used this Tecno A+ b4 around early last year--
The thing got spoilt just 1month later*

Can't go for all this products again... Will stick to Samsung/Blackberry Products... For now..

#S4
Different strokes for different folks I must say....I've been using Techno Phantom A+ for more than two years now..bought it June 2013....I have never regretted doing so. There is nothing I need the phone for that it is not doing...No screen crash or any fault what so ever..I am using it as I typed this...I enjoyed my Money grin
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by fecosequence(m): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
d same way i bot my techno m3 two mnths i woke up 1 mornin the phone refuses to start..i went to their techno house dy said its a panel prblm.ds is 6mnths nw i hav nt hed anythng concrete abt it..
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

Nope i have used s3 yes good display but a7 has a very nice super amoled display that's why i know it's real.

the phone is superb my problem with tecno is lack of ota making their devices use and trowey
i disagree,a freind of mine got the a7 nd d display cant be compared to dat of galaxy s3 bro.my eyes can neva deceive me when it comes to display.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
markmira:

jesus!!! 2001 tft display they v been scamming us all diz while.
If you doubt me, bring out your tecno under direct sunlight, you will need to shade the screen with your free hand to read your sms. You try to watch a video clip under a sunny afternoon and you get eye-axhes grin

But Tecno battery life owes it longevity from its poor screen.

And that's greatly outstripped if you activate your data and have two sims on. The battery drains like Aba candle. If you put on your mobile hotspots, then you better have your power bank handy.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
BraniacX:

Please elucidate
dnt mind dat idiot talking as if xda recognize's tecno lolz stupid tin.,
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Youngzedd(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
barrybanbi:

I bought xiaomi phone by mistake, I never regretted it am thinking of going for high brand of their product ..light and slim compare to bulky over hyped tecno

Good.

Take a look https://www.nairaland.com/2556348/xiaomi-redmi-note-2-iphone
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
markmira:

i disagree,a freind of mine got the a7 nd d display cant be compared to dat of galaxy s3 bro.my eyes can neva deceive me when it comes to display.
Screen brightness and display aren't the same. I think that may be his confusion.

You see, the S3 is a 2012 device and by GSM age, it is old. the Tecno A7 is a 2014/15 phone which should be today's standards. So the Tecno A7 screen will have more light production or brightness if you may. But it's colour rendition and reproduction can't match even the old S3 samsung.

End of story.

When Tecno produces top quality display, their price will reflect it. They won't be hiding in West Africa doing hide and seek business.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Holyfield1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
I use HTC One S and I'm happy with it
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
Holyfield1:
I use HTC One S and I'm happy with it
1gb inbuilt memory. Slim and sleek in built. Nice device with a good display. Dual core snapdragon processor. nice audio quality with headphones.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by olushowunm(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:
have been a fan of tecno since their birth until i discovered that tecno is a scam yes i said it tecno is a scam.

to make the story short i bought a tecno flagship phone the almighty phantom z last year and believe me the phone is superb with a good display but considering the price i bought it 59k it supposed to worth it. fast forward to 2015 the phone still remains a flagship tecno phone because no other tecno beats it's spec but how can such a flagship phone still runs kitkat even when lollipop is now rampant on Chinese brands like infinix gionee etc. considering the amount i bought the phone i think I deserve a lollipop update instead of making customers money valuable to them they are busy producing scrap in the name of phone while their media paid hypers will hype the Useless scrap to the extent of comparing c8 to iPhone (abomination)
well in the end i have to sell my over priced phantom z which i bought 59k not less than 1 year as low as 29k and right now am a proud user of infinix hot note pro updated from 4.4 to 5.1 (that's value of money)

please don't tell me that tecno is cheap thus update are not necessary because infinix gionee are also more cheaper but are churning out updates for their customers that's what I call value of money.

if you want to buy a phone with sure ota update go for

gionee (best when it comes to Ota)

infinix(happy they kept their promise)

I laugh in swahili.... U av been defrauded again.... Tecno, infinix and itel are from the same parent company and they own carlcare too to service their phones...
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
Yes Sammy rips people off and the best ripper is iPhone Lolz. But iPhone offer class and exclusivity and a premium feel. I will have to forgive them. But Tecnos, those guys are the subtle rip-offs people rarely see.

The H7 and Co was sold for 32k on their debut and Tecno added power banks to confuse buyers. In reality those phones should be going for 15k. With a TFT dual core processor and 1gb ram those phones are nothing but large phones for kids grin.

To answer your posers:
-For Tecno phantom a7 2014/15 released date with a screen size of 5.2 inches to be sold for 25k is a serious indicator it is not an amoled screen. A Samsung galaxy S4 with A 4.9 amoled screen produced since 2013 is still roughly that price for China quality.

You see, my guy, if you smash your galaxy S or Note phones or your iPhone 6 screens and you got to the market for replacements. ...After fixing the new ones, you notice the brightness and colour reproduction aren't the same. They are Chinese made amoled screens. Those are the kind of screens Tecnos are equipped with. #fact.

-On processors: qualcom snapdragon 810 is an octa-core processor. Snapdragon 808 is a hexa-core processor. The LG G flex 2 and HTC M9 are armed with the qualcom snapdragon 810 with 8 processors.

Also note that the exynos processor is owned and developed by Samsung. Although it is less powerful and efficient than qualcom 's snapdragon.
diz guy is smart.i remeber a guy who changed is galaxy s3 screen 4 3k nd was happy nt until i told him d truth behind is 3k screen it was a chinese copied amoled even my brother changed is iphone 5 screen it was also a china made tho they showed him d original one but the price was hot as hell.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by drss(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:
Am already using Samsung galaxy note 4. Will upgrade to Note 5 very soon.
Dash me ur note 4 when u upgrade. smiley
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by ignis: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
sats:

htc no make your list?
HTC once disappointed me.
HTC one X to be specific.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by ignis: 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
drss:

Dash me ur note 4 when u upgrade. smiley
As easy as that?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:

Am already using Samsung galaxy note 4.
Will upgrade to Note 5 very soon.
No big deal about the upgrading of a thing. Trust ME, it will just make your phone operating speed slower
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
If you doubt me, bring out your tecno under direct sunlight, you will need to shade the screen with your free hand to read your sms. You try to watch a video clip under a sunny afternoon and you get eye-axhes grin

But Tecno battery life owes it longevity from its poor screen.

And that's greatly outstripped if you activate your data and have two sims on. The battery drains like Aba candle. If you put on your mobile hotspots, then you better have your power bank handy.
only a fool will doubt u bro.every tecno phone has an expiry date. Use too much hotspot sorry ur battery will get weak in no time,play hd games too much ur processor will worn out in diz situation ur phone will b lagging lyk a paralyzed tortoise if u like flash omini sceince nd omi potent custom roms, if u load too much apps the system ui will crash even if u wipe d phone same problem will b back as long as u load much apps.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
markmira:

diz guy is smart.i remeber a guy who changed is galaxy s3 screen 4 3k nd was happy nt until i told him d truth behind is 3k screen it was a chinese copied amoled even my brother changed is iphone 5 screen it was also a china made tho they showed him d original one but the price was hot as hell.
That's the exact screen used on all Tecno flagships. That's why Tecno hides in Nigeria. If Tecno can have a true authentic amoled screen their price will baloon up.

You see tecno has no been able to deceive people they have a phone with 4G network because they can't fake it. But you can fool people with screen. So they lie about having amoled display.

Put a galaxy S5 together with the Tecno A7 and you will see the tecno is a locozade colour production grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
Screen brightness and display aren't the same. I think that may be his confusion.

You see, the S3 is a 2012 device and by GSM age, it is old. the Tecno A7 is a 2014/15 phone which should be today's standards. So the Tecno A7 screen will have more light production or brightness if you may. But it's colour rendition and reproduction can't match even the old S3 samsung.

End of story.

When Tecno produces top quality display, their price will reflect it. They won't be hiding in West Africa doing hide and seek business.
exactly bro.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Ryanxu: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
tecno and infinix are the same company in China, just two different brand.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
markmira:

only a fool will doubt u bro.every tecno phone has an expiry date. Use too much hotspot sorry ur battery will get weak in no time,play hd games too much ur processor will worn out in diz situation ur phone will b lagging lyk a paralyzed tortoise if u like flash omini sceince nd omi potent custom roms, if u load too much apps the system ui will crash even if u wipe d phone same problem will b back as long as u load much apps.
I can't have ever put it or said it better,bro.

Someone from a reliable source even told me Tecno don't manufacture these phones themselves. They buy panel and screen already stuffed with the android OS from China and sell them after putting cover and name tags on them.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Kylexy3000(m): 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
Tecno Force Una Use Am before??abii u bought the phone at Gun point?? awon oniranu oshii"
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Holyfield1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
1gb inbuilt memory. Slim and sleek in built. Nice device with a good display. Dual core snapdragon processor. nice audio quality with headphones.
Exactly,everyone respect me just seeing me with this phone....nd they always like,''Guy u be rich man o"..the problem z just that it does not use memory card nd I can't even open the battery
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by drss(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:
As easy as that?
The more you give, the more you recieve. - Bible. smiley I see you making millions by the end of september.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Ojugunrege(f): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:
I can never use any Chinese phone, whether Tecno, Gionee or Infinix. If it's not Samsung, it must be apple.

My dear...i agree with you. I was not a brand fan until i jammed techno. My techno phantom a3 showed me pepper.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
That's the exact screen used on all Tecno flagships. That's why Tecno hides in Nigeria. If Tecno can have a true authentic amoled screen their price will baloon up.

You see tecno has no been able to deceive people they have a phone with 4G network because they can't fake it. But you can fool people with screen. So they lie about having amoled display.

Put a galaxy S5 together with the Tecno A7 and you will see the tecno is a locozade colour production grin
bro u are very brilliant i adore ur knowledge.lets talk abt tecno's camera a 13mp is more lyk a 5mp samsung camera.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
I can't have ever put it or said it better,bro.

Someone from a reliable source even told me Tecno don't manufacture these phones themselves. They buy panel and screen already stuffed with the android OS from China and sell them after putting cover and name tags on them.
i heard dat too from a guy on nl nd he droped his prove i was convince to d core,tecno figured out there are lots of dummies nd phone illitrates in africa so it is the safest place to sell market,my aunt in usa no even knw wetin b tecno.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Adamsking(m): 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
Since we know all this faults and con of this companies and product why not talk or write to them. Or if neccesary report to the right authorities to look into this situation and products in other to give us good productivity and product that worth wel. I believe in European and wel organized countrie fake or out date products and technology wil be wel looked into or even removed from the market. So if we want better stuffs and products its starts from you. And your action. #PLEASE LETS CATCH UP WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD. THANK U
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by paix(m): 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:
I can never use any Chinese phone, whether Tecno, Gionee or Infinix. If it's not Samsung, it must be apple.
Not even an HTC phone?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

do you know how to use sp flash tool? if yes the tell me let me continue
Hehehe. I don't o. No wahala sha. Thanks.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
markmira:

bro u are very brilliant i adore ur knowledge.lets talk abt tecno's camera a 13mp is more lyk a 5mp samsung camera.
Tecno really had guts and they really took a big risk with their camera rubish.

Tecno's camera is a fraud and an open scam. I wonder why people can't see it. Old BB and Nokia S60 phones stuffed in archives as old relics will be digital kings when compared to the piece of crap Tecno camera is producing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.