Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) (56666 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by christinie(f): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
Techno no dey try abegi
400billionman:

Me too. No battery to replace the worn out one.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by christinie(f): 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
I vowed never to go for that brand again.
Sincere4u:

I have never had a tecno phone that didn't give me problems. Buy one and their Carlcare center becomes your new office.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
paix:
Not even an HTC phone?
HTC are always my darling. They are always the first to pioneer android new tech to the market.

And their built quality rivals iPhone any day.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Kingnap(m): 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:
have been a fan of tecno since their birth until i discovered that tecno is a scam yes i said it tecno is a scam.

to make the story short i bought a tecno flagship phone the almighty phantom z last year and believe me the phone is superb with a good display but considering the price i bought it 59k it supposed to worth it. fast forward to 2015 the phone still remains a flagship tecno phone because no other tecno beats it's spec but how can such a flagship phone still runs kitkat even when lollipop is now rampant on Chinese brands like infinix gionee etc. considering the amount i bought the phone i think I deserve a lollipop update instead of making customers money valuable to them they are busy producing scrap in the name of phone while their media paid hypers will hype the Useless scrap to the extent of comparing c8 to iPhone (abomination)
well in the end i have to sell my over priced phantom z which i bought 59k not less than 1 year as low as 29k and right now am a proud user of infinix hot note pro updated from 4.4 to 5.1 (that's value of money)

please don't tell me that tecno is cheap thus update are not necessary because infinix gionee are also more cheaper but are churning out updates for their customers that's what I call value of money.

if you want to buy a phone with sure ota update go for

gionee (best when it comes to Ota)

infinix(happy they kept their promise)
EMERITUS85:
have been a fan of tecno since their birth until i discovered that tecno is a scam yes i said it tecno is a scam.

to make the story short i bought a tecno flagship phone the almighty phantom z last year and believe me the phone is superb with a good display but considering the price i bought it 59k it supposed to worth it. fast forward to 2015 the phone still remains a flagship tecno phone because no other tecno beats it's spec but how can such a flagship phone still runs kitkat even when lollipop is now rampant on Chinese brands like infinix gionee etc. considering the amount i bought the phone i think I deserve a lollipop update instead of making customers money valuable to them they are busy producing scrap in the name of phone while their media paid hypers will hype the Useless scrap to the extent of comparing c8 to iPhone (abomination)
well in the end i have to sell my over priced phantom z which i bought 59k not less than 1 year as low as 29k and right now am a proud user of infinix hot note pro updated from 4.4 to 5.1 (that's value of money)

please don't tell me that tecno is cheap thus update are not necessary because infinix gionee are also more cheaper but are churning out updates for their customers that's what I call value of money.

EMERITUS85:

please don't tell me that tecno is cheap thus update are not necessary because infinix gionee are also more cheaper but are churning out
updates for their customers that's what I call value of money.

Please I have not seen the lollipop upgrade on my hot note pro yet... How do I go about it? Thanks
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by christinie(f): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
Brother kwa
studio14:
my brother the memory na wash
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by christinie(f): 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
They better change else they will soon go into extinct
EMERITUS85:

very useless company yet you'll see them over hyping one useless scrap that runs lollipop with some outdated 1gb ram yet you'll see one useless blinded fan comparing a 1gb + not less than 2500mAh to 2gb + 4000mAh or even iPhone 6 grin

how pathetic can some people be

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
Most people throwing banter at tecno products have not even used S5 or iphone 6 before, just fantasizing from afar. I see Una.

Biko stick to what works for you! If na tecno your power carry, brotherly buy, if na sammy or iphone without Breaking the bank Go for it. Tecno, infinix and the likes have been saving lives since 1900AD.
I have used S4,Tecno A+ and I am currently using S5( I am porting soonish embarassed] . It is a wonderful phone, but it's not serving me battery wise. You need'nt Throw tantrums to prove points everybody know say Puffpuff and eggroll no be the same, but all na make belle full!

7 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
Tecno really had guts and they really took a big risk with their camera rubish.

Tecno's camera is a fraud and an open scam. I wonder why people can't see it. Old BB and Nokia S60 phones stuffed in archives as old relics will be digital kings when compared to the piece of crap Tecno camera is producing.
well said bro.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by FRANKOXY(m): 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
HOPE MY TECNO Y6 NO GET WAHALA COZ AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED THATS THE LATEST PHONE IN THE MARKET.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by flokii: 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
BraniacX:

Please elucidate
it is not that easy to learn... it takes time and commitment.. you can start by searching 1) Rooting for android 2) Custom ROMs and firmwares Google would help or betterstill check.. xdadevelopers.com
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Yommiefish(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

Bro, you really succeeded in spoiling Techno market here. Myself for once after this post will never consider Techno. This what the power of a dissatisfied customer can do to a brand. Techno should listen up and attend to customers issues as a matter of importance.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by armadeo(m): 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
You don't wanna know what I suffered in the 'hands' of my Techno Phantom.

Please don't remind me of that phone....

I'm cringing in horror just thinking about it.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by mikolo80: 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ohiomoba5:
U b fool naw u sold ur phantom z bcoz of u needed a lollipop update.iz it d os u wanna eat? Ar mean u guys dey behave like kid tomorrow dem go change m to tomato den u sell d infinix again.i use tecno phantom z mini nd u can never compare infinix with tecno phantom z.
why you de take panadol for dem headache. leave dem make dem de gada moni to take buy private jet for tecno CEO since dem no know wetin to take d moni do. suckers born on per second basis
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Ndissle(m): 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Contact me if u want to fix ur phone
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by ignis: 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
drss:

The more you give, the more you recieve. - Bible. smiley
I see you making millions by the end of september.
Lolz
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by onward4life(m): 7:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
Am
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by leanalyst: 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

Let him be! Let him be u say! Did he let tecno be? Comes here to tarnish their work. What am pointing out is He should know Tecno doesn't do OTG before going to buy their product.
If he decided to make another brand choice, no problems, buy ur phone, enjoy ur stuff, not to come here to spoil market for them
I see what you mean. People react differently to situations.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by ilevic(m): 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
They took about 6 weeks to repair mine. And I gave it out later.

Infinix and gionee they repair?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by ilevic(m): 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
Those oyinbo people go just dey laugh we Nigerians, them do jellybean, we buy am, icecream we buy am. Lollipop, we buy, mayb na bobo or viju dem go do 2mrw who knws? E pass to browse, chat, play game, make calls and snap pics?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Andking: 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
ilevic:
Those oyinbo people go just dey laugh we Nigerians, them do jellybean, we buy am, icecream we buy am. Lollipop, we buy, mayb na bobo or viju dem go do 2mrw who knws? E pass to browse, chat, play game, make calls and snap pics?

I tire my brother

Because of lolipop my guy sell phone
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by christinie(f): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
I know?
ilevic:

Infinix and gionee they repair?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by niceguy7(m): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
U r even lucky it ws repaired...
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by niceguy7(m): 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by christinie(f): 10:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lol
niceguy7:

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Tophozin(m): 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
whats so special abt lollipop? what i really buy in phone is camera, ram/rom, design nd battery. Os is jst additional. moreover, all fones av upgrade limit.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 31, 2015
EMERITUS85:

You're a fool

A. where or which article does tecno clearly states that they don't do Ota?

B. How much is the highest infinix phone and how much is tecno a7 (phantom z)

C. technically you know nothing about updates and bug fix so i will use because of some high spec and lag behind on os in a so called high end tecno.

finally don't talk what you don't know next time
It's only a fool that calls his fellow man fool. And who told I don't know anything about phone huh? If you hate tecno express it on them not me period . I still stand that until android is able to compress data, I wouldn't update any of my o.s. My total utility I derive differs from yours and that is why i use the word "I".
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by brightnelly(f): 12:48am On Aug 31, 2015
EMERITUS85:

very useless company yet you'll see them over hyping one useless scrap that runs lollipop with some outdated 1gb ram yet you'll see one useless blinded fan comparing a 1gb + not less than 2500mAh to 2gb + 4000mAh or even iPhone 6 grin

how pathetic can some people be

Brother can u give me step by step guide on how u upgraded ur IHNP. To lollipop?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by brightnelly(f): 12:51am On Aug 31, 2015
Tophozin:
whats so special abt lollipop? what i really buy in phone is camera, ram/rom, design nd battery. Os is jst additional. moreover, all fones av upgrade limit.

Please can u throw more light in this UPGRADE LIMIT??
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 31, 2015
danjumakolo:

I will advise you step a bit upward in your mobile use if you really need a data compression os.

Root your phone.
Compile a rom from source using Android source code or at worst use cyanogen source code by getting the device tree of your phone.

In compiling,write a data compression algorithm using a Linux script into the make files of the source folder after synchronizing your repo.

Be warned that you must know what you are doing before venturing into this journey.
I get it but it's illegal to root and secondly the process is cumbersome. I have seen different O.S especially that of android but I must say windows 10 is quite impressive. I haven't seen any impressive thing from kikat to the latest o.s that is one reason I haven't updated mine. Even If Do, it will cost me data to update

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / Airtel 6x Time Bonus Code | How To Get 6x Bonus Your Recharge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.