Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) (56651 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by destocracy: 2:19am On Aug 31, 2015
I suspect d guy dat came up wit dix techno talk, he ws hired to paint d purchase of techno phone black, I suggest PMB should probe him. He mus tell us who hired him n hw much de paid him. I JUS WNT TO MAK COMMON SENSE!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by niceguy7(m): 5:13am On Aug 31, 2015
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by niceguy7(m): 5:14am On Aug 31, 2015
christinie:
Lol
Yh.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by KuliMart: 5:40am On Aug 31, 2015
barrybanbi:

I bought xiaomi phone by mistake, I never regretted it am thinking of going for high brand of their product ..light and slim compare to bulky over hyped tecno

Dear barrybanbi,

We're always here to serve you. We have brought Xiaomi to your doorstep.

For the best service.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by labiola: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2015
Tecno is a fraud, we all must fight them. I bought their H6 last year, less than a year the phone refused to charge even when the charging sign is blinking and showing charging. I went to their useless carlcare and I met a lady who told me I have to pay N 4,650 to fix the screen damaged before she can fix the charging problem despite the fact that I didn't complain about the screen but charging problem. The number of people that flowing into their carlcare is enough evidence that something is wrong with Tecno. I have decided not to buy any of this useless china phones again. Better save enough money and buy a good phone.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by drss(m): 9:13am On Aug 31, 2015
ignis:

Lolz
If not becos ur ar too rich, I would have add rich husband join for ur blessing smiley
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Limerick: 11:19am On Aug 31, 2015
markmira:
I remember using phantom f7.jesus!!! I was fustrated to a point dat i came outside unclad at 12 noon to swear 4 tecno.
grin
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Limerick: 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
adanny01:

You obviously dont know what an update is. For me, it makes me feel like a bought a brand new phone without spending a kobo.

When i finally was able to unpdate my Galaxy SII from Gingerbread 2.3 to JellyBean 4.1 it felt ownsome. My boring phone which i used was already pissing off at the time, but with the new update, i had no reason to buy a another phone spending atleast 70k. I only had to buy a new battery for 2.5k plus data which i became contented once again but was stolen.

My next expensive phone LG Nexus 4 delivered me updates like no business. I was happy until the screen broke. I thought i save myself money for buying Tecno Phantom A1-F7, in the long run am tired of it while the phone world has left me far behind.

I give it up to Tecno for their screen which hardly breaks. Both mine and my wife's has taken uncountable and incomparable crashes while my LG took 2 crashes and broke each occasion. Its now laying down.

With an update fall back in love with you old phone
exactly, tecno screens are very rugged.. mine has fallen down on hard surfaces on several occasions without a scratch on the screen.... I've never used screen protections on it.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Limerick: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Proudly a galaxy s4 user
IPhone = Bugatti
Samsung = Rolls Royce
Tecno = Danfo
grin
grin
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
asuustrike2009:

I get it but it's illegal to root and secondly the process is cumbersome. I have seen different O.S especially that of android but I must say windows 10 is quite impressive. I haven't seen any impressive thing from kikat to the latest o.s that is one reason I haven't updated mine. Even If Do, it will cost me data to update

Yeah,I saw the wonderful features of Windows 10 mobile with options which Android has long time ago.They are option to make devices visible for USB connections. This can mean Windows 10 Mobile might offer the option to do simple USB tethering to something more exciting, such as the ability to allow users to share files over a home Wi-Fi network.Also other option enables the device to become visible for USB EEM connections. EEM, which stands for Ethernet Emulation Model, functions as an Ethernet interface using a USB adapter and can potentially provide the ability for users to download content to their devices through the Internet if connected via USB.

But also know that Chrome for Android can save you precious mobile data if you turn on its data compression feature.

It routes your web browsing through Google’s proxy servers, which will feed you smaller, more compressed images and other bits of data than the traditional route. Google says going through its own pipes is faster, which is always nice if you hit a less-than-stellar Internet connection

These features are more pronounced in the kit Kat and the material design os which you have not upgraded to.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by jayjayholy(m): 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
femicyrus:
What is techno? Is it a movie? Sorry I schooled in canada

my broda wat thread r u again,,,,? abeg use ur brain nw no b when u die
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by kobenol(m): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
ignis:
I can never use any Chinese phone, whether Tecno, Gionee or Infinix. If it's not Samsung, it must be appleSamsung .
Thanks madam... I longed for that reply
All them Chinko devices, look deeply camera resolutions are overrated, screen displays and casings are really low grade, batteries degrade sooner than reasonable.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Posman(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
flokii:
OP na cos you no sabi android in and out... I bought a very cheap android phone but now it performs the function of 100 - 200k +. As regards OTA, you could always root your phone and install custom roms on it... i'd suggest you join Xda developers forum for more

Tecno is not supported on xda
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Chuksteric(m): 9:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Some people can be very foolish eh. .... The update that you are talking about isn't even out via ota.. .. You still have to flash the rom.. ... Get your facts..... How much is the infinix hot note? Around 25k and the more stylish and durable tecno camon c8 is 25k8 please get your facts right and straight... You keep talking about ram when you don't know much about processing! What's the ram of iPhone6?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by martineverest(m): 10:57am On Sep 01, 2015
Dont compare ios and windows with android...ios and windows os are well polishd.they re far smother and faster...its because of poor android os dat make android oems increase dia specs to compensate 4 diz flaw...if u doubt me,compare iphone 6 with s6 or lumia 520 with 512 mb with with android with 1gb ram
Chuksteric:
Some people can be very foolish eh. .... The update that you are talking about isn't even out via ota.. .. You still have to flash the rom.. ... Get your facts..... How much is the infinix hot note? Around 25k and the more stylish and durable tecno camon c8 is 25k8 please get your facts right and straight... You keep talking about ram when you don't know much about processing! What's the ram of iPhone6?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by martineverest(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2015
Chuksteric:
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by mindtricks: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ryanxu:
tecno and infinix are the same company in China, just two different brand.

Same crowded Service centres in naija too!
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by BenKafor(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2015
no, they are two different coompanies

bayusdipe:
Na same company get tecno and infinix........
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by henry007(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
EMERITUS85:

my friend shut up your dirty mouth there you know nothing mr man tecno is ripping off Nigerians by backdating it's customers and you are here talking nonsense.

someone bought a phone of 59k not less than 1 year and no hope of lollipop update and you're talking trash. yes infinix and gionee that gives it at cheaper price are fools huh?

it's obvious you're a primitive bastard that knows nothing on technology. remove display infinix hot note pro beats phantom z hands down.

tecno mugu
Your point is baseless oga, the samsung s3 that people bought for over 100K that can out perform every infinix phone. Did it get Lollipop update?!
Barely looking at the display of the Phantom Z, you can tell that its not in the same class as that IHNP. But no be everybody get brain sha
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by jaysay(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
EMERITUS85:
have been a fan of tecno since their birth until i discovered that tecno is a scam yes i said it tecno is a scam.

to make the story short i bought a tecno flagship phone the almighty phantom z last year and believe me the phone is superb with a good display but considering the price i bought it 59k it supposed to worth it. fast forward to 2015 the phone still remains a flagship tecno phone because no other tecno beats it's spec but how can such a flagship phone still runs kitkat even when lollipop is now rampant on Chinese brands like infinix gionee etc. considering the amount i bought the phone i think I deserve a lollipop update instead of making customers money valuable to them they are busy producing scrap in the name of phone while their media paid hypers will hype the Useless scrap to the extent of comparing c8 to iPhone (abomination)
well in the end i have to sell my over priced phantom z which i bought 59k not less than 1 year as low as 29k and right now am a proud user of infinix hot note pro updated from 4.4 to 5.1 (that's value of money)

please don't tell me that tecno is cheap thus update are not necessary because infinix gionee are also more cheaper but are churning out updates for their customers that's what I call value of money.

if you want to buy a phone with sure ota update go for

gionee (best when it comes to Ota)

infinix(happy they kept their promise)

Timely updates are good--very good. I will be upset too if I get a phone at N59k, but I can't updated it. However, there is the peace of mind that comes from running an older OS on an older hardware.

Most of the updated OS--like Lollipop--affects older device, makes them slower and sometimes makes the battery poorer. I have found that minor upgrades, like the one on Phantom Z is fine.

I am still enjoying my Phantom Z with KitKat. A superb device to say the least.

I am sorry you had to sell yours.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Tolu91(m): 6:32am On Oct 04, 2015
jaysay:

Timely updates are good--very good. I will be upset too if I get a phone at N59k, but I can't updated it. However, there is the peace of mind that comes from running an older OS on an older hardware.

Most of the updated OS--like Lollipop--affects older device, makes them slower and sometimes makes the battery poorer. I have found that minor upgrades, like the one on Phantom Z is fine.

I am still enjoying my Phantom Z with KitKat. A superb device to say the least.

I am sorry you had to sell yours.
what are the pros and cons of your phantom Z?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Jboynokiaphone(m): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Jboynokiaphone(m): 10:57am On Oct 04, 2015
Bought my tecno r7 32k last year December and since den no single update.d annoying part now most game use 4.4 up..wen people price my phone dey offer 20k which i can't sell it like dat.dey just atlest update it from 4.2 to 4.4 it wil be ok for me.tecno fall my hand big time,and dis will be my last tecno i will ever use.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by enumae(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2015
I am
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Mariamo88: 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thank you for this. I used a tecno and it apoilt after two months. I was so sad then I bought a filmed g3, been using it for two years now. Maybe I should upgrade to this s plus.
lezz:
59k for a Tecno or Chinese phone? grin

Tecno will always remain Tecno. That "nice" display you claimed is only nice in comparison to other tecno and infinix brand. When put side by side to HTC or Samsung it pales in brightness, contrast and sun legibility.

- REASONS NOT TO BUY A TECNO PHONE

1) Low ram
2) low clocked processors when compared against rivals

3) mediocre screen display
4) miserable PPI
5) lack of OS updates
6) Can't cope well with rooting .
7) possibly the worst camera display in the market
(coolNo 4G network
9) No qualcom chipset processors

10) No complete HD display
11) No gorilla glass screen
12) Can't support a wild rage of video formats when compared with rivals
13) multimedia speaker quality is rechargeable lantern quality grin
14) If you love high quality HD games, even flagship Tecnos won't come well with fluidity.
15) Lastly, no matter the specs written on the pack of a tecno phone, they can't be independently verified from or by a reputable source. Tecno 's 8 mega pixel camera always inscribed under the camera lens are always 5 mega pixel or even less in reality.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Mariamo88: 10:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thank you for this. I used a tecno and it spoilt after two months. I was so sad then I bought a gionee g3, been using it for two years now. Maybe I should upgrade to this s plus.
lezz:
59k for a Tecno or Chinese phone? grin

Tecno will always remain Tecno. That "nice" display you claimed is only nice in comparison to other tecno and infinix brand. When put side by side to HTC or Samsung it pales in brightness, contrast and sun legibility.

- REASONS NOT TO BUY A TECNO PHONE

1) Low ram
2) low clocked processors when compared against rivals

3) mediocre screen display
4) miserable PPI
5) lack of OS updates
6) Can't cope well with rooting .
7) possibly the worst camera display in the market
(coolNo 4G network
9) No qualcom chipset processors

10) No complete HD display
11) No gorilla glass screen
12) Can't support a wild rage of video formats when compared with rivals
13) multimedia speaker quality is rechargeable lantern quality grin
14) If you love high quality HD games, even flagship Tecnos won't come well with fluidity.
15) Lastly, no matter the specs written on the pack of a tecno phone, they can't be independently verified from or by a reputable source. Tecno 's 8 mega pixel camera always inscribed under the camera lens are always 5 mega pixel or even less in reality.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by goziesweetie: 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
The Gionee Marathon and Pioneer phones have OTA updates. That's why I love Gionee. Find out about the gionee M5 herehttp://www.nairaland.com/2818853/gionee-m5-plus-gionee-m5#41275270
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Deeni131: 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
EMERITUS85:

you mean you sold phantom z 15k ? shocked

cheiii i rather drop it in my cupboard than a to sell it that amount cheesy

where can I find a fairly used, I dnt gv damn about update as long as it can play heavy games flawlessly.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Abdul124(m): 8:10am On Apr 28, 2017
Becos tecno doesn't work or didn't work for u doesn't qualify it as an inferior product.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by maasoap(m): 8:34am On Apr 28, 2017
Abdul124:
Becos tecno doesn't work or didn't work for u doesn't qualify it as an inferior product.
Update is very important most especially when you are talking about flagship devices.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by shiftback: 8:58am On Apr 28, 2017
Deeni131:

where can I find a fairly used, I dnt gv damn about update as long as it can play heavy games flawlessly.
lol...i like this guy. As long as the hardware is capable you're ok.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Deeni131: 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
shiftback:
lol...i like this guy. As long as the hardware is capable you're ok.
Bought gionee s plus and regretted buying it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / Airtel 6x Time Bonus Code | How To Get 6x Bonus Your Recharge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.