Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? (14595 Views)

Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by SapeleGuy: 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2009
Marginalisation will not be eased by creating new states, this will not solve the problem.  We are in our present situation due to sheer undiluted wickedness.
Let us not play the ethnicity card - All our states are led by indigenes, how have they improved the condition of their people?

If the people have jobs, good health, security, water, light etc - I assure you that none of them will give a damn for state creation.

Becomerich - you are a cartographer extraordinaire - your skills are needed on a much bigger stage than this,
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by tpia: 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2009
And to be honest with you the igbo shoud focus on Oyigbo state, it as close to 5500 sq km . it is nearly 3 times of anioma. And the igbo need land. And that what they need to do. And i can assure them that the yorubas would support them to create it, and even Njagba state if they support us in been removed to Benin republic.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2009
Becomrrich:

And to be honest with you the igbo shoud focus on Oyigbo state, it as close to 5500 sq km . it is nearly 3 times of anioma. And the igbo need land. And that what they need to do. And i can assure them that the yorubas would support them to create it, and even Njagba state if they support us in been removed to Benin republic.

Listen Becomrrich, the only reason why you talk about Njaba and Oyigbo(I've never heard of it and i'm sure you probabaly made it up) is because of your ill defined and concieved fantacy of your Bendel Benin map ceding those Areas to Benin Replublic. It will never happen, don't you get it. We should be concerned about what has a chance to become real and actual. Igbos will be fouls to carve out another state from the present Lands in the Southeast. You are correct, they need lands and that is why we have to consolidate and unite with our people west of the Niger. Anioma incoporates not only the Asaba area but parts of northern Edo, southern Kogi, southern Delta and parts of Northern Bayelsa and Rivers. That is enough land and considering everything, it is way bigger than the state of lagos.
So stop living in your fantacy world and be real. As you can see, the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo is from Anioma and that should tell you that they are on the right path to this dream. If you don't like it, jump into Ogun River and Meet with your OBJ ancestors.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by tpia: 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2009
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
Strength10 , just for God sake give up on your this anioma dream. it would not happen. Look the reason is the coastal state in delta state is about 8 time more populated, and if any state come up of Delta state it would be coastal state based on population and land area. You see the senate and house would put many thing into consideration. And population and land are 2 of it.

When you look at Oyigbo state. I can tell you the chance of been approve is 80% , while for anioma state the chance of creation based on population and land area is close to 10%.

So what the igbo should do is seek for Oyigbo state and Njagba state. if they agree to support us to join benin republic. It like trading. This is business. Look I tell you , if Yar adua want our support for 2011, he should first seek and join in the movement to remove us into benin republic. And when all signed and seal. His second is automatic.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by tpia: 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2009
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 11:31pm On Apr 18, 2009
Becomrrich:

Strength10 , just for God sake give up on your this anioma dream. it would not happen. Look the reason is the coastal state in delta state is about 8 time more populated, and if any state come up of Delta state it would be coastal state based on population and land area. You see the senate and house would put many thing into consideration. And population and land are 2 of it.

When you look at Oyigbo state. I can tell you the chance of been approve is 80% , while for anioma state the chance of creation based on population and land area is close to 10%.

So what the igbo should do is seek for Oyigbo state and Njagba state. if they agree to support us to join benin republic. It like trading. This is business. Look I tell you , if Yar adua want our support for 2011, he should first seek and join in the movement to remove us into benin republic. And when all signed and seal. His second is automatic.

I don't have anything to tell you because arguing with you with your screwed mentality is like Planting a seed on a stone. I have nothing to gain. It only makes sense from the point of the Igbos that Anioma be created and trust me, i'll be the one to bring the news to you. Maybe, you can destroy that computer that give you all those fake google maps you post here. And your percentages are stupid and those percentages tell me how out of touch you are with the goins-on in Nigeria. You should come back home and hangout with your babalawo friends before making suggestions to Ndigbo. Anioma will and must be created either now or later. It is already a certainty. Its just a matter of Time.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by asha80(m): 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2009
@Strenght10

Are you from the anioma region?
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 12:09am On Apr 19, 2009
asha 80:

@Strenght10

Are you from the anioma region?

How does it contribute to the Ideas or Argument for or against the creation of Anioma or any other state in the southeastern Nigeria? Whether i am Anioma or not does not make a difference. it is just an opinion.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 12:16am On Apr 19, 2009
so if only 200 people live in anioma you want them to create it. what sense is that. useless sense. oyigbo state is your best chance.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ezeagu(m): 2:57am On Apr 19, 2009
Becomrrich:

so if only 200 people live in anioma you want them to create it. what sense is that. useless sense. oyigbo state is your best chance.

Oh Becomrrich, you say the funniest things!
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by davidif: 3:24am On Apr 19, 2009
[size=18pt]NONE. [/size]
In fact, we should consolidate all the states back to 6 regions.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 4:15am On Apr 19, 2009
Becomrrich:

You are a slowpoke Bicomrrich. This just tells me and everyone here that this Map stuff of yours is a big Hoax and useless proganda. Asaba only, excluding all the other  well populated Anioma territories have about 130, 000 people  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asaba,_Nigeria. Mind you, this is from Nigerian Census which has no credibility and is a gross undersestimation of the people there. The population of Anioma people excluding other non included areas and territories is about 1.2 million people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Ibo. Also, this is an undestimation since the nigeria government is been known to undercount IGBOS. The International community estimated Anambra to be >7 million people but Nigeria counted them as 4million, so you be the judge,   The population of Anioma rivals some Northern States knowing that in reality, they are more people there. If the borders are drawn well and right, Anioma could end up being the largest state in the southeast. Google Anioma and you'll undertand how them and their igbo brothers desperately want them to have thier own state. Ndigbos solidarity is behind Anioma. So stop your stupidity, man up and face the reality and facts.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by sage(m): 5:36am On Apr 19, 2009
davidif:

[size=18pt]NONE. [/size]
In fact, we should consolidate all the states back to 6 regions.

The most sensible commment here. State creation is one of the biggest problems we have in this country. Why are we creating more inefficient bureaucracies. We already spend 40 percent of our national budget on paying big men in government salariesand allowances. 40 percent shocked. Creating more states will not help our cause. We are a structurally retarded nation and are doomed if we continue this way. State creation in Nigeria was started by Gowan as a way to win a war in Nigeria and we have followed that destructive part ever since angry. We do not need a weak federal govt and fragmented "States" that lack oversight and the ability to develop adequate infrastructure. We are wasting resources paying multiple house of assembly members, commissioners LGA chairmen who do nothing to help our cause. We need 3-6 regions max. A federated government. Nigeria developed the most when we had just 3 regions.

The average guy in say Onitsha, Aba, Akure or Zaria hardly feels any connection to the weak federal govt in Abuja. A federated govt will produce regional govts that are strong and could float enough bonds to pull Nig out of our infrastructural quargmire.

For eg A south eastern regional govt would be responsible for building and maintaining 4 lane highways between Enugu and PH, Asaba-Onitsha-Calabar Southwest B/w Lag and Ilorin etc . The role and scope of the Fed govt wil be reduced and a regional govt that feels a closer connection to that region will handle affairs.

All regions will compete with each other in development and any region lacking behind will have their leaders riddiculed.

Nigerias basic problem is structural We are not built as a nation intending to grow and prosper.

Using 40% of our budget to pay no good criminals posing as senetors, reps, state houses, commisioners, ministers, is not going to get us anywhere. And increasing this inefective bureaucracy by more state creatiion will only lead us down a part started by animosity and schemes of the Gowon era. Leaving the status quo of 36 "states " is as pathetic too

We are wasting time discussing something that will not advance us even though I get y most people would want an additional state in the southeast
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by sage(m): 5:53am On Apr 19, 2009
we do not need 46 ministers, over 450 house members, over 100 senate members just collecting money left and right. We are just following western models like zombies without realising y they do what they do.

We in africa are like a joke to the rest of the world, a carricature of what human beigns should be. Itz so sad and humiliating. Debating about a new state from today till next hundred years will not solve our problems and will not help us develop
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by davidif: 6:40am On Apr 19, 2009
sage, i actually heard that we spend 60% of our GNP paying all this bureaucrats, so sad.

To compound it, the ministries are too big and inefficient creating diseconomies of scale, i mean what's the point of having ministry of petroleum, ministry of Mines and Steel Development, and power. Shouldn't all of them be consolidated under one ministry of energy? the same goes for the ministries of commerce and industry, Information and Communications, Labour and Productivity, Science and Technology, and aviation, all this ministries should consolidated into the ministry of commerce. Finally, what's the point of having the ministries of justice, police affairs, foreign affairs, National Planning Commission, Water Resources, this is what the ministry of the interior was created for, geez, our leaders know nothing about structure in that country.

The same goes for the states, i am an ekiti boy, can somebody please tell me what the difference is between Ondo state and Ekiti state (apart from there names) or the difference between Ebonyi state and Enugu state, yet they want to create another one despite the fact that the states are not working and there local govts. (don't even get me started on those ones) na wa o, i don tire. We need to make our institutions work by streamlining them and making them more efficient.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2009
To Sage and davidif,

I could'nt agree with you more that what we need is a zonal system. I will actually go as far as rezoning nigeria the way it used to be before the war and before GOwon tried to use divide and rule to win. But, you see, we may never return to zones or those days ever because the North are scared of another war, scared of the zones having too much autonomy and they are scared that their yearly handouts will be diminished if Autonomy is given to the zones to control their resources. So they will and have done everything never to return to those days. Yes, it is the best for Nigeria, but until we get to that point when everybody agrees, lets make what we have for now equal. Whenever it is time for the southeast to benefit, everyone cries about Bereaucracy and give flimsy reasons why things should not happen. But if it is the turn of others, everything becomes right and justified.
No, let us creat the New state first, then when we are ready for the Zones, we can wipe out all those borders and start afresh.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2009
This is the satellite picture of most part of Anioma , compare to just warri only in to be created COASTAL STATE.  So if Any state is coming from delta state. The priority of the senate and rep would be COASTAL state from delta state. The Ijaws, Isoko and Itsekiri deserve coastal state.

1 It as more than 10 times the population of Anioma state
2. It produce oil. and in large quatity.
3. This would resolve the issue of militias and oil crisis.
4 the land size is nearly 5 times of anioma

So you can see. There is no way for now , Anioma state would happen. The best chance of a state for the igbos, i still say it. Is Oyigbo state from Rivers state, 

If the igbo present nonsense, they would get nonsense out of it. You present what can sell and you can. Anioma state in nigeria is not a very viable state for now. look my brother, I know you love your people. One of my best friend is from that area. look I have knew him since i was 3 years how. i went to nursery school, primary school and even secondary school with him. I can tell you and be honest. the likely would is close to zero,  I know it is difficult for you to accept. but why not support the igbos in rivers who have a better chance of getting a state, than keep on shouting anioma about. Shout OYIGBO STATE. And we would support you with condition, that we see ourself in Benin republic.  So I am not been bias. see picture of anioma and just one city in coastal state. the difference is clear. 7up.  We cant rob paul and give it to peter, thing most be done in order.

look if coastal state is create. I know your people want to be governor. They would be governor of delta state in 2011.when coastal state is created. it would be your turn.

Anioma state

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2009
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=13262

Lagos A leader of Itsekiri women, Mrs Rita Lori Ogbebor, yesterday called for the creation of a coastal atate, and urged politicians in the Niger Delta to disarm their youth groups. Alleging plans by majority tribes in Delta State, to exterminate the Itsekiris, Ogbebor said the region can only have a say in Niger Delta, if the proposed Coastal State is created.The state, Ogbebor said, should comp,
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2009
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ikeyman00(m): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2009
hahaa

yes 80% oil de there, yes na biafra get am!!

so becomemoron time to turn to drawing board

ewu
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by tpia: 3:53am On Apr 20, 2009
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by davidif: 3:59am On Apr 20, 2009
No, let us creat the New state first, then when we are ready for the Zones, we can wipe out all those borders and start afresh.

strength10,
that would be a waste of money, geez can't you see that, goodness.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by SapeleGuy: 8:43pm On Apr 20, 2009
A point that you have conveniently overlooked is that a lot of Ibos do not consider themselves to be pure Igbo, they acknowledge their ancestry from EDO, ISOKO/Urhobo etc.

Even within Anambra State, Onitsha people trace their origin to EDO. The actual title for the Obi of Onitsha is AIGBOGHIDI. I am not stating this to say that one ethnicity is superior to the other, What i am saying is that this issue of Igbo and Ibo is not as straight forward as you make out.

In the unlikely event that Anioma state is created, they will not want to join the South East, they will want to remain in the South South. Once an Ibo candidate becomes governor (and this will happen in the next election, someone of the calibre of Pat Utomi would have got votes from all corners of Delta State on a guber ticket), they will not be interested in this argument anymore.

So you will need to look elsewhere for your new state in the South East. To conclude, what is the real objective? is it to create a state or to improve the condition of the people.
Remember we went from regions to  19 states and now 36 states and our people have never had it so bad as they do now.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ikeyman00(m): 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2009
^^^^^

na lie igbo na igbo

just like yoruba na egbu na yoruba!!

all these propaganda aint gona work

becomerich na biafra get that side

look for cameroon people to mend with
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by SapeleGuy: 9:35pm On Apr 20, 2009
IKEYMAN00 - There is more to it than that,  Perhaps if you think I'm lying or a propagandist. You may believe the Late Great Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe.

We all have to move away from this politics of 'I plenty pass you' and Wa-zo-biarism. We are brother and sisters. Let us respect our history, ancestory and ethnicities regardless of population size.

I agree with you that strength10 may find better luck in Cameroon.

Anyway back to the quote from ZIK,

Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Genealogy and Nativity

"Thus, in tracing my paternal lineage, I could say that both parents of my father are direct descendants of Eze Chima. As for me, I can trace my paternal ancestry in this wise: I am the first son of Chukwuemeka, who was the third child and first son of Azikiwe, who was the second son of Molokwu, who was the third son of Ozomaocha, who was the second son of Inosi Onira, who was the fourth son of Dei, the second son of Eze Chima, the founder of Onitsha."
SOURCE - Nnamdi A zikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p4

"I can trace my maternal ancestry thus: I am the first son of Nwanonaku Rachel Chinwe Ogbenyeanu (Aghadiuno)Azikiwe, who was third daughter of Aghadiuno Ajie, the fifth son of Onowu Agbani, first daughter of Obi Udokwu, the son who descended from five Kings of Onitsha. Five of these rulers of Onitsha were direct lineal descendants of Eze Chima, who led his warrior adventurers when they left Benin to establish the Onitsha city state in about 1748 AD.
" SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p5

"One day I asked her (grandmother) the meaning of the word 'Onitsha'. She explained that it had historical significance. The terminology meant one who despised another. It is a contraction of two words, Onini to despise, and Ncha meaning others. So that the two words when joined together mean one who despises others. Then I asked her why we despised others. She patted me on the back and told me that it was due to our aristocratic background and tradition. I insisted that she should explain to me the basis of this supercilious social attitude. She told me that we despised others because we descended from the Royal House of Benin and so regarded ourselves as the superiors of other tribes who had no royal blood in their veins, "

"I continued to belabor my grandmother to tell me more of the history and origins of the Onitsha people. She narrated that many many years ago, there lived at Idu (Benin) a great Oba who had many children. Due to a power struggle regarding the right of precedence among princes of the blood and other altercations, there was a civil war in Benin. One day, the supporters of one of the princes insulted and assaulted Queen Asije, the mother of of the Oba of Benin, who was accused of having trespassed on their farmland. Enraged at this evidence of indiscipline and lawlessness, the Oba ordered his war chief and brother, Gbunwala Asije to apprehend and punish the insurgents. In the attempt to penalise them, Chima, the ultimate founder of the Onitsha city-state, a prince of the blood in his own right, led the recalcitrants against his Uncle, Gbunwala. This intensified the civil war which rent the kingdom of Benin in two and led to the founding of Onitsha Ado N'Idu,  , " "As the great trek from Benin progressed, some did not have the stout heart of the pioneer-warrior, and decided to settle at different places, known today as Onitsha -Ugbo, Onitsha-Olona, Onitsha-Mili, Obior, Issele Ukwu, Ossomari, Aboh, etc,
" SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p 11 - 12
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by udezue(m): 10:25pm On Apr 20, 2009
Will you shut up stupid FOOL. When its time for Anioma people to get what is rightly theirs fools like you come with all propaganda but later you will be the 1st to shoot them straight in the back coz they are NOW IGBO.

Your rubbish history lessons is laughable coz if a fool like you knew better you will know that many groups have a link or two with another group. One day you will tell me Arochukwu people are no longer Igbos because they had a thing or two to do with Ibibios or that Awka is not Igbo because they had a thing to with Igala and Idoma people of Southern Benue and Kogi.

How about you agree then that all Idomas are Igbo after all they got lots of interaction with Northern Igbos and many even have Igbo names. The leader is called Ochi Idoma. Ochi is an Igbo word for leader. I'm sure you won't agree to that coz in your warped mind that will somehow increase Igbo population or their family tree hence creating stronger bond with their neighbors but you will comfortably tell us that Anioma is not Igbo. Are u mad? All my relatives from there are essentially not Igbo because they've interacted with Bini / Edo people. How about Yoruba in Kwara are no longer Yoruba but Fulani?
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ikeyman00(m): 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2009
udezue

no mind am; he gandmother go school self?
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2009
Thank you my brothers Udezue and Ikeyman00.

Leave that Guy Alone. His only concern is that most development in Delta is happening in Anioma region and that the southern Deltans will loose everything If Anioma is created as he has already attested here.  But the fact is that any development in any part of Delta will eventually benefit everyone whether they are from the north or south.
And the propaganda of whether Aniomas are igbos or not worked in the past but not anymore. Aniomas want to unite with thier brothers and trust me sapale, they will want to be part of the southeast not south south, otherwise, they will not be agitating to leave. The President of Ohaneze is an Anioma and that process has already began.
IGBOS are IGBOS, so drop that propaganda because it is not working. Whether they mixed with Edo or whatever does not make them Any lesser of an Igboman. Your Analogy with Zik, one of the most revered Igboman is the lamest Argument i've heard in my life. Br careful before you turn into Becomrrich. Get a life and let people who don't want of be part of you and people you have been persecuting for so long to leave. Na by force??, Meeeen
We are all brothers in the end i guess, but not in this one,
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by tpia: 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2009
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Abagworo(m): 11:59pm On Apr 20, 2009
[color=#000099][/color]A point that you have conveniently overlooked is that a lot of Ibos do not consider themselves to be pure Igbo, they acknowledge their ancestry from EDO, ISOKO/Urhobo etc.

the complex nature of igbo origin has been and might continue to be a weapon used by other nigerians to disintergrate us.all igbo clans originate differently and there was no centralised empires in igboland.the standard igbo which is regarded as central igbo was an artificial creation born from the fact that several dialects in igbo are mutually unintelligible.what amuses me most is how so many igbos are looking for excuses to emphasize on their differences.i've read where an ika man was using benin origin as an excuse to deny his igboship without knowing that further inside a whole lot of people originate from benin,igala,igara,ibibio,annang,ijaw,,israel,legbo,bantu and nri.what igbos really share in common is language.

having said the above,i would like to know if anyone has seen anyone trying to prove that lagos indigenes are not yoruba?thats unheard of even though igbo slaves,creoles and edos founded many families there.we consider them yoruba because they are and would be stupid to come out and start claiming my grandfather's,mother's,uncle's,sister's,cousin is eze kunle from edo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Just In: PDP Holds 84th NEC Meeting In Abuja / Oyo Approves Issuance Of ₦100B Bond For Iseyin-Ogbomoso Road, Ibadan Airport / Ondo 2020: PDP Welcomes Decampees From ZLP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.