Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? (14567 Views)

Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2009
There are ongoing debates on where the next state from the southeast should be created. So many have been thrown out there like Nsukka, Orlu, Anioma, Njaba etc. I'll personally will go with Anioma as they deserve it more than others and in that way, we'll stop having these debates of Igbos vs Delta Igbos. Also, because igbos are a strong minority in Delta state and almost own Asaba, and often times, igbos have not had a good say and representation in Delta state and are sometimes persecuted by the other groups, it will be wise to creat Anioma out of Delta and Make Asaba its Capital. Anioma should also Include parts of northern Bayelsa and Rivers.
Delta can shift its capital to Warri or Sapele both which are great cities and have the infrastructure for a model capital of a state. Thats my 2cents though i know opinions may differ.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by tpia: 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2009
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ukjobs002: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2009
hi, love ya postings.

it's very interesting
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by AloyEmeka9: 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2009
Some of guys act like you eat from the anus. Why do you want more states in the south east? what will it solve for you?. Nigeria's problem is not states and boundary because it wouldn't stop people from fighting or what noot. i think Nigeria should be divided only into 6 zones/counties and each one should have it's governor general while the president at the center is just there for revenue collection and allocation of help to areas that needs support.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by pcmecom(m): 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2009
Anioma State
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Some of guys act like you eat from the anus. Why do you want more states in the south east? what will it solve for you?. Nigeria's problem is not states and boundary because it wouldn't stop people from fighting or what noot. i think Nigeria should be divided only into 6 zones/counties and each one should have it's governor general while the president at the center is just there for revenue collection and allocation of help to areas that needs support.

Hey Brother, i agree with you that we need to go back to regions because it will reduce bureacracy and will never stop the fighting. But we both know that some forces especially those from the north will rather die than see that happen especially since they are currently in power. But until we have such an opportunity when everyone will agree on regional creation, we have to work with what we have. Igbos and the southeast have the least number of representation in the house and the Senate because of 5 states. That implies little influence and say on decisions being made in Aso Rock. With an additional state allocation, comes more local government councils, more Federal allocations, more representation and more power to be influencial in the Polity just like all other regions. It is just a matter of equity for now. Until when we can go back to the regions, lets get equal with others first.

1 Like

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by onyengbu1(m): 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2009
Anioma state abi?

Very soon they will want to be called Biafra delta.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by udezue(m): 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2009
Anioma state should be created. They deserve it more.

Igbo communities in Benue area should also be ceded to Enugu state.

1 Like

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Afam4eva(m): 12:43am On Apr 02, 2009
Anioma is not in the south east to even start with. I also support the creation of anioma state in the south south region .
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by osisi2(f): 12:44am On Apr 02, 2009
Anioma should be created and zoned to the South East.They belong with their kits and kin
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Afam4eva(m): 12:51am On Apr 02, 2009
**osisi:

Anioma should be created and zoned to the South East.They belong with their kits and kin

Yeah, but that should not stop the creation of one more state in the current south east.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by osisi2(f): 12:58am On Apr 02, 2009
afam4eva:

Yeah, but that should not stop the creation of one more state in the current south east.

yes

Njaba state is highly rumoured to be the one
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 2:46am On Apr 02, 2009
**osisi:

yes

Njaba state is highly rumoured to be the one
afam4eva:

Anioma is not in the south east to even start with. I also support the creation of anioma state in the south south region .

Where is Njaba state going to be created from and who will seed their unavailable land in the southeast to form Njaba state.? No body in the current or future Njaba area is currently struggling with other tribes or persecuted. Anioma state should come first and zoned to the southeast but still remain in the Niger Delta commission so they can recieve needed funds to develop their state. Also, delta can serve as a strong alternative and suburb for igbos and people living in onitsha and Anambra as land masses are vanishing  fast from there because of the growing population. Other states can come later especially when somebody with real senses becomes president; somebody who understands how all the igbo land was ceeded to other states post biafra war.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:59am On Apr 02, 2009
Anioma sounds like a good idea to me too, but  would the asaba Igbos want to be recognized as Igbos ad be part of the south east? I have read posts on different threads on NL a while ago where some Asaba people claim not to be Igbo.

What about Ogidi State, it sure would be nice.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 3:06am On Apr 02, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Anioma sounds like a good idea to me too, but would the asaba Igbos want to be recognized as Igbos ad be part of the south east? I have read posts on different threads on NL a while ago where some Asaba people claim not to be Igbo.

What about Ogidi State, it sure would be nice.

There are more Igbos in Asaba than any other tribe. The people that claim not to be igbo are those from other minority tribes who happen to live in Asaba. Any person who does not want to be igbo should go to hell or jump into river Niger. if that state is created and zoned to the southeast, there will be mass migration of igbos from other states in the south east into Anioma both for residence and for investments such that the voices of those who do not want to belong will go silent in a minute.

1 Like

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by udezue(m): 4:51am On Apr 02, 2009
Why do we keep on accusing Igbos of Delta of not wanting be called Igbos? I know many and they don't deny it. Its not even an issue. Asaba town and the people claim Igbo any time. Have u ever heard the Asagba of Asaba say his people are not Igbos? NO, so lets stop it. No need to create more division when there is little or none.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Afam4eva(m): 4:56am On Apr 02, 2009
udezue:

Why do we keep on accusing Igbos of Delta of not wanting be called Igbos? I know many and they don't deny it. Its not even an issue. Asaba town and the people claim Igbo any time. Have u ever heard the Asagba of Asaba say his people are not Igbos? NO, so lets stop it. No need to create more division when there is little or none.
The problem is not with Asaba people, i've never heard any asaba person denying his/her igbo heritage, rather the problem is the other parts of delta state especially Kwale and the lot.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by obiem(m): 11:41am On Apr 02, 2009
The Asagba of Asaba what's his name? Professor Chike Edozien

Is that name Hausa or TIV?

The President General of Ohanaeze Amb Ralph Uwechue also from Asaba!

Asaba is an Igbo town(sorry to the other parts of delta) but it is indeed true. We need that state(Anioma) to further confirm our place in the south east and indeed 9ja!
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by tpia: 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2009
afam4eva:

The problem is not with Asaba people, i've never heard any asaba person denying his/her igbo heritage, rather the problem is the other parts of delta state especially Kwale and the lot.

maybe you should borrow a leaf from becomerich and "carry" Asaba over the bridge for relocation.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by asha80(m): 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2009
maybe you should borrow a leaf from becomerich and "carry" Asaba over the bridge for relocation.

shocked grin.

@topic

Despite the fact that i do not think the problem with south east and nigeria in general is creation of new states anioma state would have to created if states are created.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by OgidiBoy(m): 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2009
Just a thought, what if a state is created from Asaba will Onitsha be the capital? And will Anambra let onitsha go. I don't know much about Asaba so pls folks forgive my ignorance.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by asha80(m): 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2009
Asaba is capital of present Delta state.

Onitsha is in anambra state.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 03, 2009
Every geopolitical zones should have equal states. Equal amount of power in the house and assembly. But this thread really isn't necessary at all. Nigerian men of 30s and above should stop whining and do something about the situation in Nigeria. Grown men crying their age mates are fucking them up. Back in High school my grandma will send me back for beating if I come crying that my classmate beat me in anything either education, or fight.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 2:52am On Apr 04, 2009
what useless zone are you talking about.

The only state likely for the igbos and may be possible, if the igbos agree to vote yes to have the yorubas into the benin republic is Oyigbo state from river state,

see picture. anioma is too small and not much , while njagba and others are too small for state and not too populated. the igbo should be talking of oyigbo state from river state,

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 3:16am On Apr 04, 2009
here is the map of east region and biafra before the creation of river state. you would note that some part of bayelsa state was in the western region place . please visit the londo museum to see the picture and old map of nigeria.

The present map of bayelsa state been used is not correct. there was not time that those portion which use to be in the western region was ever given to rivers. Delta state should take it to court. the picture at the london museun and old map, shows those place where part of the western region.

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by tpia: 3:45am On Apr 04, 2009
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 4:24am On Apr 04, 2009
naira money, how much do they pay new graduate
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 5:18am On Apr 04, 2009
The only state that can be created from delta state is coastal state for the Ijaws , itsekiri and isoko,   Coastal state  is nearly 8 times more populated that Anioma state from satellite picture. I think the igbo should only dream of Oyigbo state from river state,  .

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2009
I think, it would be unfair, creating a state in delta state, if they do not first create coastal state , which is 8 times more populated and you can see the size from the picture.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Strength10: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
Becomrrich:

I think, it would be unfair, creating a state in delta state, if they do not first create coastal state , which is 8 times more populated and you can see the size from the picture.

It will not be unfair to creat Anioma state from delta. I think Anioma state should not only be from northern Delta but should include Igbo speaking communities parts of Northern Rivers and Bayelsa. In that way, the population problem can be mitigated.  And trust me, when such a state is created, there will bE massive migration into that state that the population problem problem you talk about will be a tertiary problem.
And nobody should argue against Anioma State crossing River Niger to include Parts of Rivers and Bayelsa because we have never had a problem with Kogi having both River Niger and Benue in its territory.
But i completely forgot your name was Bicomrrich and you are hard to convince and have scores to settle with Nigeria over your benin bendel theory, so you'll never be convinced. Maybe you can use your google maps to make another point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Voters Registration Begins April 27 – INEC / EFCC To File 800 New Corruption Cases, Vows To Re-Prosecute Orji Kalu / Buhari Jets Out To Receive Award In Guinea Bissau (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.