Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? (14597 Views)

Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by SapeleGuy: 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2009
Abagworo, in response to your example. I believe in consistency, the fact that the family have now assimilated Isoko culture should not change the fact that they are Igbo. I don't understand how you can just erase part of your ancestry just like that. Culture and history are not things you should change the way people switch political parties. PDP today, AC tommorrow.
I am not interested in dividing anybody. I have love for all Nigerians regardless of where they come from, it is sad to read adults engaging in purile my state is better than your state nonsense. It shows their low and fragile sense of self esteem.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ikeyman00(m): 10:48pm On Apr 21, 2009
@@@

ogbaru once i used to see na joke!!

the truth is all these people na igbo

just like u see america, u see english we get jewish ancestors!!

u can argue here day and nite[b] sapele[/b] u not making any sense im afraid!!
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by naijaway(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2009
Not being tribalist but igbo is igbo; lets not distort that fact. I'm from arochukwu local govt and they are proud igbos or ibos however you wish to call it. I have always believed yorubas are yorubas and even many times mistaken fulanis and hausas because on a big picture they claim one so distortions of igbos should have no place. Igbos who deny their heritage are unfortunate eventho they wouldn't like to. Nigerians are more mixed than we think but i've noticed that other tribes claim oneness but when is igbos there seems to be opinions from all corners and that is not right. Igbos have a right to their own oneness since everybody else is doing it; they have and trying unity of the Federal republic of Nigeria but still yet they are looked upon as jokers which is false. There is no state in Nigeria without considerate number of igbos which is how Nigeria needs to be, integrated. Having said that am not for state creation but instead zoning if not outright unity then while zoning those places of intrest can then be included. For massive prosperity reasons, regions can be integrated to form states based on principles, ideas, and mutual respect. Only if we knew better. May God please raise Nigeria above tribalism, inefficiency, and inequality. Amen.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ikeyman00(m): 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2009
even slowpoke like becomefool tryin to steal our own from us to mend up with cotonu!!

they are worried cuz they knew deep down with the united igbo along side that statellite oil on our side hmm, igbo heyyyyyyyyyy heaven is the limit

yeye haters
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by iLaugh: 11:32pm On Apr 21, 2009
ikeyman00:

even slowpoke like becomefool tryin to steal our own from us to mend up with cotonu!!

they are worried cuz the knew deep inside united igbos with that statellite oil on our side hmm, igbo heyyyyyyyyyy heaven is the limit

yeye haters

You are very stupid. Idiot. Learn to speak proper English and leave that toilet washing job of yours in Enugu State.

Bastard.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This two just makes me laugh sha grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Abagworo(m): 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2009
i co-sign naijaway.@tpia2 my ancient ancestors believe they came from benin.does that make me a benin man?infact a lot of nigerians are mixed.back to topic.i would prefer restructuring nigeria into 4 zones or reverting to the old 19 states
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ikeyman00(m): 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2009
You are very stupid. Idiot. Learn to speak proper English and leave that toilet washing job of yours in Enugu State.

Bastard.

i-laugh and his slowpoke wife

history has showed u bi slowpoke for nl and u know it!!

u will never being taken seriously cuz u are dumb

actually i have come across emm quite a number of thread that depicted u as an illitreate slowpoke u will always be!!

so shall i say keep feignin some ulgy laugh!!

they know who they are lipsrsealed
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin "
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ikeyman00(m): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2009
there u go

haha
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink"
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by iLaugh: 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2009
ikeyman00:

i-laugh and his slowpoke wife

history has showed u bi slowpoke for nl and u know it!!

u will never being taken seriously cuz u are dumb

actually i have come across emm quite a number of thread that depicted u as an illitreate slowpoke u will always be!!
so shall i say keep feignin some ulgy laugh!!

they know who they are lipsrsealed

Like your dad and mom.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ikeyman00(m): 11:47pm On Apr 21, 2009
back to sender!!! lipsrsealed

back to shango and their family lipsrsealed
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2009
Abagworo:

i co-sign naijaway.@tpia2 my ancient ancestors believe they came from benin.does that make me a benin man?infact a lot of nigerians are mixed.back to topic.i would prefer restructuring nigeria into 4 zones or reverting to the old 19 states

The point most of you keep missing here is you are trying to erase an entire people's identity and replace it with what you feel they should be.

Most tribes in Nigeria came from somewhere. The Yorubas claim links to Egypt- does that make them Egyptians.

No one has to deny any part of their identity or any part of their past just because some people are trying to make them "fit in" for their own dubious reasons. The vast majority of NL making such noise about Anioma state joining southeast, arent doing it out of love for Aniomas. They're only trying to further their selfish ends and want to imagine nobody knows them for what they are- jealous backbiters and green eyed mini-Hitlers searching for more territory they can invade at the expense of the inhabitants. Even since the beginning of the thread, each responder has posted replies typical of their character. Need I say more.

Osisi of all people  running mouth here. See wetin internet dey cause. cheesy Ask her where Anioma is and watch her stutter. All she knows is somewhere in Bendel that has different languages and where the people bear Igbo names. In fact, I'll leave her exorcism situation for another day. Dont want to dirty my hands with her yet.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Abagworo(m): 12:01am On Apr 22, 2009
okay tpia2 why aren't those your hitlers claiming efik,ibibio,ijaw,idoma,igala,urhobo or is there any particular people they prefer and for what reason?
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by ikeyman00(m): 12:05am On Apr 22, 2009
@@@@

yes the point blah balh

does that applies to those yorobos that speak yorubas, still never accept themselves as yorubas?

that goes to tpia?
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 22, 2009
Abagworo:

@sapeleboy.why do other nigerians have fun dividing igbos?i know of some isoko families of igbo ancestry.tell me if that makes them igbo or not to be isoko?mwl igbo is much more complex.what i'm saying is that nigerians should stop dividing us cuz we never  incite division amongst other ethnic groups.

which other people are dividing Igbos?

What on earth is giving you that impression? Most Yorubas could care less about the so called divisions. Hausas care the least. Whatever division you're seeing is as much an internal thing as an external one.

The other day you were saying you will raise your children to know they're hated by Yorubas and Hausas, and never allow people from such tribes in your house. I read your post and was just shaking my head because such a mindset is totally beyond me. I'm not even interested in discussing such a statement with you because there's no darkness like that of the mind, and I'm not God who gives or withholds enlightenment.

Yet you'll be the first to say other Nigerians are trying to cause division between Igbos. I doubt you yourself know your own people for real.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 22, 2009
Abagworo:

okay tpia2 why aren't those your hitlers claiming efik,ibibio,ijaw,idoma,igala,urhobo or is there any particular people they prefer and for what reason?

read my other post. If you still want to argue, argue away but I'm not that interested in responding at this point.

People are free to claim whatever they like- its a free society and if you feel you have links somewhere its your prerogative where you want to claim.

Your Hitlers are claiming Igbo because they feel they are Igbo. Is anyone arguing with that? People are free to chose whatever tribal loyalties they want, but getting bent out of shape just because some people dont see the world the exact same way as you do, is very fanatical and extremist, and not everyone is molded in that manner. Some people value their right to independent thinking.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 22, 2009
ikeyman00:

@@@@

yes the point blah balh

does that applies to those yorobos that speak yorubas, still never accept themselves as yorubas?

that goes to tpia?

abeg comot for my face.

Instead of you to find out who you are, you're busy "harassing" grin tpia.

I dont have time for all these illiterates who always want me to pull up my genealogy for the millionth time.

If you dont know how to use the search button then that's your own wahala.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by udezue(m): 1:49am On Apr 22, 2009
Sapele,

kindly mind your own business and when the Anioma state is created what will you do about it? Declare war? U think this ur Ijaw / Urhobo nonsense in Warri. If una want peace you simply let them do as they wish coz u really can't stop them just like u cant stop Asaba from remaining the Delta capital.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by tamme: 2:09am On Apr 22, 2009
break up, create bla bla

anioma will still be like other igbo states. no infrastrcuture, bakassi, 419, okija shrine, drug trafficking

cross river is the best state in the Niger delta, no state can compete with our state
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by davidif: 2:33am On Apr 22, 2009
I heard that we spend 60% of our GNP paying all this bureaucrats, so sad.

To compound it, the ministries are too big and inefficient creating diseconomies of scale, i mean what's the point of having ministry of petroleum, ministry of Mines and Steel Development, and power. Shouldn't all of them be consolidated under one ministry of energy? the same goes for the ministries of commerce and industry, Information and Communications, Labour and Productivity, Science and Technology, and aviation, all this ministries should consolidated into the ministry of commerce. Finally, what's the point of having the ministries of justice, police affairs, foreign affairs, National Planning Commission, Water Resources, this is what the ministry of the interior was created for, geez, our leaders know nothing about structure in that country.

The same goes for the states, i am an ekiti boy, can somebody please tell me what the difference is between Ondo state and Ekiti state (apart from there names) or the difference between Ebonyi state and Enugu state, yet they want to create another one despite the fact that the states are not working and there local govts. (don't even get me started on those ones) na wa o, i don tire.  We need to make our institutions work by streamlining them so that they are not redundant and so that they can be leaner and efficient.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Abagworo(m): 3:19am On Apr 22, 2009
@davidf.i like constructive contributions like yours and i still maintain that state creation is unnecessary in nigeria.tpia2 i feel bad the way you try to dig up statement i made in another thread on the dying igbo language.tell me how it feels when a non-yoruba comes to tell you that ijebu,ilaje and ado are not yoruba?or that there arent any yoruba in kwara and kogi state.if a kwaran denies being yoruba,it doesnt matter but when an igboman tries to define for yorubas who they are and declare their boundary,don't you think it is wrong?just be frank.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by sosisi(f): 3:32am On Apr 22, 2009
tpia2:

The point most of you keep missing here is you are trying to erase an entire people's identity and replace it with what you feel they should be.

Most tribes in Nigeria came from somewhere. The Yorubas claim links to Egypt- does that make them Egyptians.

No one has to deny any part of their identity or any part of their past just because some people are trying to make them "fit in" for their own dubious reasons. The vast majority of NL making such noise about Anioma state joining southeast, arent doing it out of love for Aniomas. They're only trying to further their selfish ends and want to imagine nobody knows them for what they are- jealous backbiters and green eyed mini-Hitlers searching for more territory they can invade at the expense of the inhabitants. Even since the beginning of the thread, each responder has posted replies typical of their character. Need I say more.

Osisi of all people  running mouth here. See wetin internet dey cause. cheesy Ask her where Anioma is and watch her stutter. All she knows is somewhere in Bendel that has different languages and where the people bear Igbo names. In fact, I'll leave her exorcism situation for another day. Dont want to dirty my hands with her yet.

your people already sacrificed you to shokponna and you want  me to "mess with their decision."
Chukwu aju!
abeg carry on
You're quite an entertainment.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by sosisi(f): 3:37am On Apr 22, 2009
Abagworo:

@davidf.i like constructive contributions like yours and i still maintain that state creation is unnecessary in nigeria.tpia2 i feel bad the way you try to dig up statement i made in another thread on the dying igbo language.tell me how it feels when a non-yoruba comes to tell you that ijebu,ilaje and ado are not yoruba?or that there arent any yoruba in kwara and kogi state.if a kwaran denies being yoruba,it doesnt matter but when an igboman tries to define for yorubas who they are and declare their boundary,don't you think it is wrong?just be frank.

please save your breath
do you expect her to understand you when she has a wrapper tied on her waist like akpeno 24/7
she'll soon charge in here like ojionu masquerade on speed
wait and see
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 3:57am On Apr 22, 2009
udeze, they would never create anioma state, the place have a population less than 1 million people. A beg let hear word. What do you think MEND would do , if the senators and reps refuse to create coastal state for them the Ijaw, Isoko and itsekiri people. If they create anioma state. MEND may blow up all the pipeline.

Why create trouble. Why create anioma state that does not have one single drop of oil. When the real owners of the own coastal state is not created. I do not think our senators and reps are that stupid , or are they. Coastal state have at least 8 times the population of anioma. Anioma would not happen Udeze. The only state that would be create for the igbos. The way I see it would be Oyigbo state, which would be the sixth state of the igbos. While the yorubas are ready to support you in that, if you support our removal into Benin republic. Dont worry we would still have senator and reps in nigeria. we would have dual citizen of benin and nigeria.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Abagworo(m): 4:44am On Apr 22, 2009
my own maps to counter becomerichs falsehood.this map shows orlu area alone which has more population than coastal state.

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Abagworo(m): 4:47am On Apr 22, 2009
still orlu

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Abagworo(m): 4:50am On Apr 22, 2009
orlu imo

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Abagworo(m): 4:52am On Apr 22, 2009
orlu

Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Becomrrich: 4:52am On Apr 22, 2009
Orlu is not in Anioma state. Orlu is in imo state, Anioma is in delta state.
Re: Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? by Abagworo(m): 4:54am On Apr 22, 2009
orlu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Deal With Fulani Herdsmen Like Boko Haram- Reno Omokri Tells Buhari / Umahi Settles Ezza/Ezillo Crisis As Peace Returns To Ezillo Community In Ebonyi / President Buhari To Reconstitute NDDC Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.