Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha (4297 Views)

Police Kills Hair Stylist In Delta State (Graphic Photos) / PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro-biafra Rally At Onitsha In Anambra State / Serious Riot In Ariaria Aba, As Police Kills A Man - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by aldrick: 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
No less than seven people were killed, and about 30 more injured, most of them critically, when the Nigerian police and military reportedly opened fire dispersing a crowd of the pro- Biafra marchers at Onitsha in Anambra state on Sunday.
What started as a peaceful meeting … ended with a bloodbath..
According to some reports from Anambra state, three people were fatally shot dead on the spot and 30 others got bullet wounds when the police and Nigerian navy opened fire to disperse the crowd of the pro-Biafra marchers in Onitsha on Sunday.
More than twenty people were critically wounded and by this Monday morning there were seven people dead as a result of shooting at the demonstrators.
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by aldrick: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
Critically wounded person gets treatment.

The death toll hasn’t been verified officially yet, but the
reports claim that those people were hit with stray bullets.

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by AngryNigerian(m): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
hmmm...my people,suffering because of lack of clear direction! chai...y?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Basildvalour(m): 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
Now, this is becoming melodramatic...

Isn't there a better way of dispersing people rather than shooting at them? What happened to tear gas?

we just been wasting lives
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by aldrick: 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
Another victim of the police and military shooting in Anambra state.
The crowd gathered under the aegis of the Indigenous People of Biafra which issued official statement condemning the shooting at the unarmed people.
Pro-Biafra marchers were peaceful and unarmed, reports claim.
“ How come our security men find it so easy to kill peaceful IPOB members but won’t lift a finger against the deadly Boko Haram? These brothers were peaceful in their engagement, they weren’t radical or causing any harm according to eye witnesses, they weren’t armed, so why shoot at them? ” was said in the IPOB statement.
The agitation for the actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra has been on for some time now. The Republic of Biafra came about when a secessionist state situated in south- eastern of Nigeria tried to break away from Nigeria but were stopped. Biafra was inhabited mostly by the Igbo people and was in existence from 30th May 1967 to 15th January 1970.
The Movement for the Actualization of State of Biafra (MASSOB) is yet to give up the fight to secede from Nigeria. The group have even established a radio station, called Radio Biafra somewhere in Europe.

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by aldrick: 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mod pls do the needfull
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by wisdomguy4u(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
aldrick:
Mod pls do the needfull
Yeah, mod do the needful... Front page things
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
People protesting for their freedom are been killed why the terrorist ravaging the North are still gaining grounds... Na to attack armless people be the koko for them....

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
Am nt igbo but if igbos would be marginalised and treated as strangers in their very own country,then they shouldnt forgive these animals..i stand with Biafra

8 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by emekamn(m): 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
this is really sad
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by futurerex: 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by omoelesa(m): 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
Seven down, thousands to follow.Nnamu Kanu is really a great man.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by zendy: 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
This is the price of the abomination called 'one Nigeria'. With every person they kill only proves that the Igbos are right to seek Biafra
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by drberry(m): 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hmm... It seems the Ibos haven't learnt from what happened during the Biafran war. Perhaps they're fortified for another war. Meanwhile I think Buhari is not yet ready to reply them. When he is, they'll see the his real body language.

Although I vehemently condemn the action of the military and police on those unarmed civilians. Their bullets should be directed to boko haram and other criminals and not on people they're supposed to be protecting.
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mark my word buhari will soon die in that aso rock.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by ELTON123(m): 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
Rest in peace to # ONENIGERIA
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by aldrick: 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
Untill the igbos get armed like my militant brothers (see photo below) and counter the government dey will neva take dem crious. Dese mear protest will lead u guys loosing even thousand of ur members

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
drberry:
Hmm... It seems the Ibos haven't learnt from what happened during the Biafran war. Perhaps they're fortified for another war. Meanwhile I think Buhari is not yet ready to reply them. When he is, they'll see the his real body language.

Although I vehemently condemn the action of the military and police on those unarmed civilians. Their bullets should be directed to boko haram and other criminals and not on people they're supposed to be protecting.
you know, my initial intention was to insult u nicely but, I won't cos it changes nothing. But let me ask u, how would u feel if u re treated like a stranger in a country u are meant to call ur own? Secondly, is it by force to answer nigeria? Thirdly, which other country do u knw with so many ethnic groups and differences like nigeria that's being forced to answer one nation? Mr man its nt by force to answer one nigeria tell ur self the truth we don't belong together
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by erikcantona: 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
Director Am not happy with you ! I will not listen to that radio again! Althouh am listening now! Thhe zoo wnt take us serious until we get to start using weapons! I will never come to IPOB meeting again if there is no adequate. Weapons to Kill and safeguard my self!!
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by AAinEqGuinea: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
Last month I contacted my US representative and senator to compel Congress to keep this Nigeria/Biafra issue on their radar. If you're reading this and you're a US citizen too with a concern for human life and/or your home you should do the same, contact your local congressional representative and senator. Make your reps choose a side.

I want to believe humans aren't dull enough to let history repeat itself. undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Omololu007(m): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
AlphaMoi:
Am nt igbo but if igbos would be marginalised and treated as strangers in their very own country,then they shouldnt forgive these animals..i stand with Biafra
please bro can you give me reasons why you think ibos are been marginalise?
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Omololu007(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
googlepikin:
Mark my word buhari will soon die in that aso rock.
hahahahahaha e don pain these one grin...e la oju kan

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Omololu007(m): 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
erikcantona:
Director Am not happy with you ! I will not listen to that radio again! Althouh am listening now! Thhe zoo wnt take us serious until we get to start using weapons! I will never come to IPOB meeting again if there is no adequate. Weapons to Kill and safeguard my self!!
omo Igbo,so because there is no weapon,you wont lay down your life for Biafra...omo nna olori pelebe

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Ugik(m): 9:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
such an act is uncalled for and should be condemned abruptly
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lalasticala
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
This case needs to be checked and reaLly investigated... SAD!
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by erikcantona: 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
Omololu007:
omo Igbo,so because there is no weapon,you wont lay down your life for Biafra...omo nna olori pelebe
coowwwww you will be inhaled soon
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by mama777(f): 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
Omololu007:

your level of thinking is to low.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by mama777(f): 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
Omololu007:

your level of thinking is too low.may their souls rest in the bossom of the almighthy.
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by nationwide1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
And they cannot face bokoharam

If truly it was a peaceful match, how many northerners did police kill when they protested the article that was written in Denmark; they killed hundreds of southern Christians in Kano, Kaduna and Jos and the police/ Navy / Army went into hiding.

With issues like, Nigerian government keeps on giving the world more reasons to believe that the Igbos have a genuine reason to seek and be granted self determination.
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by nationwide1(m): 11:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
Omololu007:
please bro can you give me reasons why you think ibos are been marginalise?
I'm not Igbo but permit to answer you.
Let me take you down memory lane because I discover history is alien to many Nigerians perhaps because we forget very fast.

A few years ago, there was an article written in Denmark denigrating Prophet Mohammed.

In Denmark,n no Muslims protested by killing anybody but in Nigeria, Muslims killed and maimed hundreds of southern Christians in Kano, Kaduna and Jos; the police/ Navy / army at that instance all went into hiding.

From my presentation above, can you see that Nigeria is like an animal kingdom where some animals are more equal than others? Can't you see that if it was Igbos that did such, Nigerian government would have declared full scale war on them?

Sometimes we get to drop emotion and reason with logic.
Re: PHOTOS: Police Kills Seven During Pro- Biafra Rally In Onitsha by jemir000: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2015
let these Ipob boys carry weapons...datz d only answer...military can't defeat a people...together with us Niger delta, no military man can dare us

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable: Ogun Records 15 Rape Cases Weekly – Official / Pictures of people Kneeling down for Nnamdi Kanu. / FG Moves To Revoke Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.