Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala (85244 Views)

History: Arhuanran -the Giant Warrior Prince Of Benin Kingdom / AZIA Yam Festival 2017 In Ihiala Anambra State / Anambra Man Laments Killing Of Pythons [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by macof(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2015
Radoillo:

Which is very interesting because the Igbo groups who hold the python sacred also associate them with water (river) deities, either Idemmili (a river that runs through Anambra) or Njaba (a river that runs through Imo).

Thus you hear the python referred to as either Eke Idemmili or Eke Njaba depending on the locale.

Very interesting indeed. I like to know that African ethnicities have a lot in common. .even at the absence of recorded historical relationship
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:44am On Sep 01, 2015
NnamdiN:
lol pagan9ja I don't even know the way to my village you think I care about what happens to a python?
If it's not affecting my bank account and my sexual life(far more important stuff grin grin), they can all go extinct for all I care...
Not defending "Nigerian christianity" though, I have my reservations about the way we practice it in nigeria.

whether you care or not is your prerogative.

if you cannot contribute positively to your village, your roots or your culture.. if you have joined the bandwagon of selfish interests. so be it.

but dont put forth words or work to negate that of your forefathers. leave it if you cant do it. dont harm!
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Rexyl(m): 10:45am On Sep 01, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

[size=28pt]WHERE I COME FROM, WE KILL CHRISTIANS ON SITE!

DIRTY HYPOCRITES LYK YOU.

P.S. IM FROM THE NORTH[/size].

Eh eh eh!

Ida ti pe ara re ni eru. Ki Olorun ba e pade. Ona iwa ika ati ibi ko ni ere kan. Abajo won ni e ti de Eko sugbon Olorun ma gba agbara lowo ika eniyan bi o pe bi o ya. Repent!

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 01, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Madame that was very touching.

that guy is a dirty bas.tard and ignorant fool who still has nlt realised that in his own turf the GODS (Orisha) hold power over that dead sticks and jews he worships.

Every Monarch is crowned by the grace of Ifa and the Orisha.

He is madman.

Gods bless your father, your tribe, your culture, your ancestors beliefs etc.

no dirty agbero has the right to insult it in such a manner.

grin.You and these your gods ooo . Anyway, our forefathers were better of.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Luckylife(m): 10:48am On Sep 01, 2015
ogoom:
To Pagan7
Please don't go about insulting Jesus Christ. you are just human battling with he you do not see but only know His manifestations. Honour he who respect is due.
This pythons you are defending can be killed by human hand and can be seen by any, but this my God and lord Jesus Christ which you cannot see and you stand to battle with him?
Who said he is a dead Jews, see your ignorant. He is alive and the only that have ever died and risen in three days. And even His apostles that doubted touched him and believed. And when he ascended to heaven, His apostles and people's today who believes in him, performs many signs and wonders in His name.
A wise person does not fight His God or who he doesn't know His essence or limit or fully understand. Be wise and act right.
thanks for enlighten him . Many are doom for lack of knowledge . He is a Boko haram shit that bomb innocent people for 72 virgins. Imagine it level of mentality. Pls security beware...
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2015
focus7:
. Wow, eggovinMma I didn't expect you take this too personal as most time we just came here to catch fun I never meant to hurt your emotion. My respect to your dad for all he has achieved through personal effort especially all he could have gone through to raise wonderful children like you. But then I don't always like this self trumpet blowing that is common with the igbos. You don't even know who is who on NL, the fact that we all come on this forum does not mean that we are bunch of non-achievers. I will take this anyway as though you are just growing up and you are still learning, soon you will grown enough to realise that only immature minds goes to broadcast their achievements in the public. I hope we should be friends, mark my moniker as I have marked yours.

SHUT UP!

DIRTY UNCOUTH BIT.CH! YOU ARE TEACHING HER MANNERS WHEN YOU DISPLAYED CHILDISH MONKEY PRANKS HERE ON nairaland PUBLIC FORM!

AS THOUGH YOUR STUPIDITY IS NOT ENOUGH

AND YOU WONT GET SE.X FVK OFF DIRTY PERVERT

NO NEED TO BE FRIENDS WHEN YOU HAVE INSULTED HER TRIBE AND CULTURE!.

IF I EVER CATCH HOLD OF PPL LYK YOU, BY THE GODS ILL BUTCHER YOU LYK U TALKED OF THAT SNAKE.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by talktokingsley1(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2015
Wetin concern me? My own part of ibo(abia). As long as it is long and doesn't have legs. We crush the head.. We kill any thing snake. Instead of u ppl to worship God, u are busy worshiping ordinary python(eke). Mcheeeeww!!!
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by CUM4WHAT(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lmao. You better learn from my father and be successful. Laziness will only beget hate.Now get out! Anuofia!
gal shutup and grow somes. Who is yur dad? Wu knows him? Wat landmarked has he laid? Wat public problem has he solved? Apart 4rm ur family wu else wud remembr him wen he dies at age 93above? Wat impact has he made to his environment? Does his suffering determine yur sucess? Dont yu know there are beta pple i learn 4rm eachday. Answer d ques and develop yur dream than using his story to shield ur sthupidity. Grow up gal. Be wise. Thank God 4 ur dad but wud ur story be better? Are u ready to achieve so much dat pple wont remembr ur past? Think think think... Thank God for yur dad buh wud yur story be better.? Wud u achieve xo nuch dah pple wud forget yur past? Think Think Think
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Luckylife:
may GOD forgive u. Is this how ur primitive dirty religion teach u to react in a civilised discussion ? Ur gods must be crazy

May the GODS forgive you!

how dare you take the name of GOD when you direct worship towards a dirty dead jew called jesus?

and please dont teach me civilization! weve seen how u and your gutter born xtian brethren have displayed their ignorance on this thread!

ur jesus is dead!
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Urine: 10:52am On Sep 01, 2015
RichDad1:
Nna men... see meat Eke
Ihiala hmmmm Eze-Ego comes to mind. Funny how time flies. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Eze - Ego, that was the man. Back in the 90's I used to read his exploits covered in Fame and Encomium up till his death and burial, his wife's battle with the family etc

Do you have an idea of what eventually happened to his empire?
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Rapmoney(m): 10:52am On Sep 01, 2015
jmoore:

jmoore! In fact, you murdered her!!! grin. That statement is something else cheesy
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2015
talktokingsley1:
Wetin concern me? My own part of ibo(abia). As long as it is long and doesn't have legs. We crush the head.. We kill any thing snake. Instead of u ppl to worship God, u are busy worshiping ordinary python(eke). Mcheeeeww!!!

what God do you worship huh?

that ordinary desd jew? u call that a God?

a God who cant defend himself?

TUFIAKWA!

btw the Python is just a symbol if the nature spirits.

its advanced spirituality not for narrow minded bigots lyk you.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by focus7: 10:57am On Sep 01, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Sorry your location is too far from where I reside.
but..
Dont worry! I have got contacts in Ogboni and other associations in Lagos.

weve seen how u xtians go running and hiding in fear when our Oro is let loose.

And btw soon we will start a mission to spread Ifa within Oyo and other neighbouring states. still holding talks. ur dirty jew worship will soon be history.

and i repeat it again..

FVCK JESUS. if hes so powerful ..let him strike me down that dirty jewish b.astrd.
hehehehe, See fear. You self know that if you try come you will confess Jesus because all those demons in you will give room to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Ok, send your address we will come and organise a crusade at your door front and you village in your very street. I just hope you won't run away from town on the day of the crusade.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2015
ogoom:
To Pagan7
Please don't go about insulting Jesus Christ. you are just human battling with he you do not see but only know His manifestations. Honour he who respect is due.
This pythons you are defending can be killed by human hand and can be seen by any, but this my God and lord Jesus Christ which you cannot see and you stand to battle with him?
Who said he is a dead Jews, see your ignorant. He is alive and the only that have ever died and risen in three days. And even His apostles that doubted touched him and believed. And when he ascended to heaven, His apostles and people's today who believes in him, performs many signs and wonders in His name.
A wise person does not fight His God or who he doesn't know His essence or limit or fully understand. Be wise and act right.

Please dont insult our culture and our forefathers religion ! you understand!

You dead jewish deity called jesus could easily be killed and nailed to wood by the brave Roman soldiers..but our Python is a spirit of nature. present in all water bodies , in the snakes, the women , everywhere. if they die out, then we all die.

Did you see him rise? how can you believe in such outdated superstitions of some extinct jewish ppl? arent you educated to know the difference between myth, reality and SCAM?!

What signs and wonders?

slave trade?

rapin.g young boys in church?

cultural genocide?

colonialism?

extortion/tithe/money racket?

lies and deceit?
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:01am On Sep 01, 2015
focus7:
hehehehe, See fear. You self know that if you try come you will confess Jesus because all those demons in you will give room to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Ok, send your address we will come and organise a crusade at your door front and you village in your very street. I just hope you won't run away from town on the day of the crusade.

Fear?! da fvck!

why do you lie? didnt i just insult your dead deity? i aint stupid to come to your location to do such. and waste money over it.

there is demon in your a$$ . go wash it with soap and water.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by ruggedtimi(m): 11:02am On Sep 01, 2015
Also Practiced in nembe bayelsa state. But d thing is python doesn't attack her prey anyhow like odd snakes.

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 01, 2015
NnamdiN:
lol paga[b]n9ja I don't even know the way to my village you think I care about what happens to a python?
[/b]If it's not affecting my bank account and my sexual life(far more important stuff grin grin), they can all go extinct for all I care...
Not defending "Nigerian christianity" though, I have my reservations about the way we practice it in nigeria.
No wonder. Your type of born and breed in foreign lands are not supposed to utter a word when Igbo culture is mentioned or being discussed.

Tell me your town, let me give you the directions by public transport please. I will also educate you on the history and traditions too.

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 01, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
gal shutup and grow somes. Who is yur dad? Wu knows him? Wat landmarked has he laid? Wat public problem has he solved? Apart 4rm ur family wu else wud remembr him wen he dies at age 93above? Wat impact has he made to his environment? Does his suffering determine yur sucess? Dont yu know there are beta pple i learn 4rm eachday. Answer d ques and develop yur dream than using his story to shield ur sthupidity. Grow up gal. Be wise. Thank God 4 ur dad but wud ur story be better? Are u ready to achieve so much dat pple wont remembr ur past? Think think think... Thank God for yur dad buh wud yur story be better.? Wud u achieve xo nuch dah pple wud forget yur past? Think Think Think

Lmao, My dad do not need to be remembered by anybody. His achievements is only for himself and those who he has helped over the years.From the Omo niles he gives free money every now and then, for the pregnant yoruba girls that visits his 2x2 shop to beg for money to buy food for thier kids, for his children he laboured for ,from many years of vigorous hustling. The greatest impact he made is seeing that his children are not nuisance, like the folks around the bridges of Lagos.

I don't give a shiite about the Arthur Ezes and the Adenugas of today.They aren't gonna give you their products for free!Every man with his own glory, weda you are a Taxi driver or a manufacturer. The most important thing is not to create yourself a nuisance to the society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by chigoizie7(m): 11:05am On Sep 01, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Well said madame. May the Alusi bless you!

Onukwu odeku
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by sweettinz20(m): 11:06am On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lmao. You better learn from my father and be successful. Laziness will only beget hate.Now get out! Anuofia!
rubbish everyone has a story to share, if I share my mom story it will take more than 5 pages u don't have to be foolish to be saying trash because ur dad struggled doesn't mean others didn't struggled to get to where they are today there is no one in this world that doesn't have a story to tell
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 01, 2015
sweettinz20:
rubbish everyone has a story to share, if I share my mom story it will take more than 5 pages u don't have to be foolish to be saying trash because ur dad struggled doesn't mean others didn't struggled to get to where they are today there is no one in this world that doesn't have a story to tell

If everyone has a story to tell isn't it stupid, or rather insensitive to mock folks you are yet to listen to their own side of the story?

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by focus7: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Fear?! da fvck!

why do you lie? didnt i just insult your dead deity? i aint stupid to come to your location to do such. and waste money over it.

there is demon in your a$$ . go wash it with soap and water.
remember to send your address and your full name for prayer of salvation and deliverance for you.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by NnamdiN: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2015
LadyFiona:
No wonder. Your type of born and breed in foreign lands are not supposed to utter a word when Igbo culture is mentioned or being discussed.

Tell me your town, let me give you the directions by public transport please. I will also educate you on the history and traditions too.
traditions like tagging a group of people osu and discriminating them cheesy
Nne I'm a full Blooded Anambra dude, I respect tradition(s) but I have my reservations about majority of them. Pythons should either be in the wild/zoo/reserves/parks not worshiped.

2 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Octaves(m): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2015
In my village of Abagana, Anambra. We dont kill pythons. But u rarely see them
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by sweettinz20(m): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

If everyone has a story to tell isn't it stupid, or rather insensitive to mock folks you are yet to listen to their own side of the story?
I didn't mock you,rather u are mocking yoruba folks yes I agree dat we have people dat are going through challenges that rob also we have very successful yoruba individual who passed through terrible things even suffered more than ur dad but they don't scream it out,u just here like saying as if gbo folks don't rob or beg
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by charlesbailey(m): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2015
I fear to comment o...
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by thebestprice(m): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2015
very evil culture.. it is practised in my village issekke.. i just hate the *ucking tradition
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:17am On Sep 01, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lmao, My dad do not need to be remembered by anybody. His achievements is only for himself and those who he has helped over the years.From the Omo niles he gives free money every now and then, for the pregnant yoruba girls that visits his 2x2 shop to beg for money to buy food for thier kids, for his children he laboured for ,from many years of vigorous hustling. The greatest impact he made is seeing that his children are not nuisance, like the folks around the bridges of Lagos.

I don't give a shiite about the Arthur Ezes and the Adenugas of today.They aren't gonna give you their products for free!Every man with his own glory, weda you are a Taxi driver or a manufacturer. The most important thing is not to create yourself a nuisance to the society.
at sme point u soundd reasonable and also sthupid... If every1 careless about impact, u wudnt be driving cars, geting cement to build ur house, and having gadgets to use. Gal grow up pls, am on my knees. U and yur siblings not becorning nuisance and miscrants aint ur dads effort but yur personal decisiong
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2015
sweettinz20:
I didn't mock you,rather u are mocking yoruba folks yes I agree dat we have people dat are going through challenges that rob also we have very successful yoruba individual who passed through terrible things even suffered more than ur dad but they don't scream it out,u just here like saying as if gbo folks don't rob or beg

I replied a bigot with my experience, I never mocked the yoruba.I only exposed him to the fact that altho there are bad eggs, there are so many igbos who got to where they are through hard work. He should desist from insulting the igbo race.

2 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2015
NnamdiN:
traditions like tagging a group of people osu and discriminating them cheesy
Nne I'm a full Blooded Anambra dude, I respect tradition(s) but I have my reservations about majority of them. Pythons should either be in the wild/zoo/reserves/parks not worshiped.

OSU caste system has completely faded out from my part of Anambra.
I recommends enlightening you about the history of the various tradition that is not based on ignorance or backed by hypocrisy. Our ancestors believed they were doing the best for their future generations and should not be condemned. Sift out and discard those traditions that is not favourable in this present day. It is a gradual process.

Worshiping of Python as is portrayed by some ignorant folks here is fallacious. Nobody worships python but you wouldn't know since probably almost everything you know about your town is culled from the internet.

Being full blooded means that both your parents are from their and you attended primary at most secondary and even university here. But from you write up, it shows you do not even know the direction to your village, I wouldn't call that full blooded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2015
focus7:
remember to send your address and your full name for prayer of salvation and deliverance for you.

fvck off before I make my dog salivate on you and I deliver you to mental ward.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 01, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
at sme point u soundd reasonable and also sthupid... If every1 careless about impact, u wudnt be driving cars, geting cement to build ur house, and having gadgets to use. Gal grow up pls, am on my knees. U and yur siblings not becorning nuisance and miscrants aint ur dads effort but yur personal decisiong

See, if you call me stupid again, I will come down to your level. Don't drag me down to your level, I dey try hold myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood At Okrika Market Yesterday / Alaafin Adeyemi And His New Wife, Chioma (Photo) / The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.