Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode (36566 Views)

Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala / Femi Fani-Kayode Calls Hameed Ali "Ugly Little Monkey" (Snapshot) / Femi Fani-Kayode Praises His 3 Wives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by lionstone: 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
Buhari is King of the North. Practicing Northocracy, Govt for the North by the North with the North. ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by IsiCaterpillar(f): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
bjdon:

What country are you living in that you say we are one? I mean really I am completely dumbfounded at the ignorance of some people.

You have a country where the there is institutional discrimination against Southerners in terms of admission and employment to Federal institutions and agencies and yet you say we are one.
The problem with so many young Nigerians is that you have only really known OBJ and GEJ's govt. Trust me during the time of Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha etc, southerners were completely omitted from all vital economic and security positions. From the time of Danjuma right up on to Obasanjo's second coming every sing Chief of Army staff was a Northerner. A period of over 20 years, and yet somebody will come and tell me we are one country. Please tell that to the motorway!
You young people shouting 'Sai this and Sai that' you don't know the people you are dealing with.The 95% comment should have opened your eyes. The way Tambuwal betrayed Femi should have opened your eyes, don't worry sha you still have over 3 years of learning to come!

what happened when you had a southerner as a president?

Pius Anyim was the immediate past SGF, what did south east benefit from him? Enugu-Onitsha expressway is the most dilapidated road in Nigeria till date. Same tale of neglect is told about Port Harcourt-Enugu expressway.

Ike Ekweremadu has been DSP for God-knows-how-long but his Oji-Awgu road is begging for renovation since the time of Fougerole.

So what's the big deal about ethnic and tribal appointments?

Only politicians are crying foul because they seem to be losing avenues to enrich their greedy self.
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
oluamid:

Really?

I hope you haven't forgotten a Yoruba wrote the article you are drawing your bigoted conclusion on.

FFK is not Yoruba at heart. He is a truth teller. You still wonder why he finds solace in the bossom of Biafrans ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by bilal4riid(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Zonacom:
The first few paragraphs of this write up are very disturbing. We seriously need to tell ourselves the truth. Ahmadu Bello and some other venerated leaders of the past actually planted this seed of hate between the hausas and other tribes. And we call them heroes of our past... nonsense

you can't judge Ahmadu Bello actions with present dispensation. Only responses then can do
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by jesussaves22: 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
superstar1:
He can even pick people from Daura as his cabinet members, some of us do not give a hoot.

What we want is performance and good governance.

Appointment should not be by ethnicity zones or religion. It should strictly be based on merit and competency.
Stupidity to the highest. Foooooooooooooool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by jkbee(m): 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
HMMMN..... GOD HELP US IN THE HAND OF EXTREMISTS...... HE HAS NEVER HID HIS INTENTION, EVEN HIS QUIETNESS SPEAKS VOLUME. #ONECHANCEBABA.
TOO EARLY TO JUDGE YOU SAY, HOPE IT WONT BE TOO LATE BEFORE BEING COLONIZED IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY. sad shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by wokomabest(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
All these things to me I blame it on the south west cos they ve not really recognise the intentions of the northerners since the days of sauduana of sokoto,these are the same people that frustrated chief obafemi awolowo out of the race in 1979 election and brought shehu shagari,the same scenario played out in 1993;MKO abiola and TOFA,we all know how MKO was robbed his mandate by the same people.if not for what they did to MKO the like of Obasanjo wouldt have won the election of 1999.and if not for what happened to the then president alhaji uma musa yar'adua, Goodluck wouldt have come on board.in 2015 the south west also helped in voting out the incubent government of Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.how could you aid alliens to betray your own people.to me is time to unite and resist this brutal force from the north.
#no offence pls just my piece of mind

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by Demmzy15(m): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
This article isn't meant to be on front page, this is just a mere beer parlour gist.
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by sparkwil(m): 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
superstar1:

He is already leading constitutionally and only the corrupts and wailing wailers and talking talkers will refuse to see it.

There are still many appointments to be made. Even the chief cleaner of Presidency is an appointment and the wailing region of this country might be considered for that, in the spirit if Federal Character and competency.

You are a useless slave unless ure from d parasitic north.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by enitey(f): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Buhari must lead constitutionally.. Federal character is constitutional whether buhari likes it or not. He must accomodate federal character and he must also declare his assets

No mind that guy
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by demio007: 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
KING OF THE NORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by ellabooz(f): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
modelmike7:
Distractions everywhere. PMB has more better things to do than engaging you al waivers in words. Nigeria must be great again.

Can you see how ridiculous your comment is?
Imagine a future leader with knowledge of common history.

Money spent for your education is a waste and should be refunded.
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by sparkwil(m): 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
jesussaves22:
Stupidity to the highest. Foooooooooooooool

The idiot didn't read d full article
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by nationwide1(m): 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
superstar1:
He can even pick people from Daura as his cabinet members, some of us do not give a hoot.

What we want is performance and good governance.

Appointment should not be by ethnicity zones or religion. It should strictly be based on merit and competency.
Do you really know what you are talking about?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by nobeku: 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
Built2last:
Femi may be a Loose canon, but it is totally unacceptable to have the north occupy the entire kitchen cabinet of the government and expect us to keep quiet.

I have asked, IF ITS A SOUTHERN PRESIDENT THAT DID THIS, WILL THE NOT KEEP QUIET?

We established and enshrined federal character in our law.

Lets follow it intoto not only in Jamb and WAEC
GEJ's kitchen cabinet were mostly southerners..did de heavens fall?
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by abokine: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
Greyworld:
King of the North!

PMB should then be addressed thus:
Mohamadu Buhari of the house of Daura,
First of his name.
King of the Fulanis and Hausa herdsmen.
Protector of the north and
Lord of the sharia kingdoms.

Don't forget "winter is coming"
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by Bibors(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Greyworld:
King of the North!

First of his name.

Who is thé rightful King to sit on thé Iron throne?
The seven kingdoms(six) ought to have seven longs.
The King in the East decleared and war broke out.
The Lanisters and thé thygarians conspired and brought him down. Today, thé Tygarians are crying and calling for a unified south.
Please listen- THERE WAS A COUNTRY.
Our Dragon eggs have hatched, our Dragons have matured.
Watch out for next season

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by danduj(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Greyworld:
King of the North!
PMB should then be addressed thus: Mohamadu Buhari of the house of Daura, First of his name. King of the Fulanis and Hausa herdsmen. Protector of the north and Lord of the sharia kingdoms.
lol game of thrones
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by VickJames(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Greyworld:
King of the North!

First of his name.

Gosh! This is the funniest post on nairaland. Thinking of game of thrones will make u laugh harder.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by amusadele: 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
nnachukz:
If the president can not be comfortable working with people from other part of the country, then he is a tribal bigot. We have made a terrible mistake placing such person with the affairs of this country.
You are on point, but do you say we made mistake? Maybe we should define mistake by reffering to some of the popular dictionsries. Mistake in the context of Nigeria and my reasoning is when something is done wrong unconsciously. I mean when one commit error unknownly, then it is a mistake. Are we saying Buhari was voted in error? It cannot be correct for people to even describe voting Buhari means he abi apc has scammed us. The northerners, especially the Fulanis are not strangers. Thier ways and records are all over the world. They are the ONLY people who do not love any persons outside of them. I have been saying it.that the Fulanis will kill any anybody, destroy etc if you are preventing them for any thing whether it is a mere issue or not. They love themselves ALONE. Am sure we can imagine this FFK most powerful and revealing thread and see if I have deviated from the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by Bibors(m): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
abokine:

And we dont knw how long this winter will last.
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by friends4ever(m): 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
FFK always Speaking the truth...the untouchable speaker of the south. I love this guy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by sundayslim(m): 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
superstar1:

He is already leading constitutionally and only the corrupts and wailing wailers and talking talkers will refuse to see it.

There are still many appointments to be made. Even the chief cleaner of Presidency is an appointment and the wailing region of this country might be considered for that, in the spirit if Federal Character and competency.

Your foolishness na follow come. It's obvious you were born to be a slave.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by Lateralmaths(m): 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Mahmud Jega captured what we've been saying all along: "Still other social media warriors said that President Buhari should be given a free hand to pick his aides purely on merit without regard to regional balancing. Any Northerner who makes this argument could be suffering from historical amnesia. Forty years ago when most Federal public servants were Southerners, they insisted that “merit” must be used as the basis for all public service appointments. Northerners however insisted on “federal character” and succeeded in writing it into the 1979 Constitution. Northerners’ vigilance has kept it in the Constitution ever since." www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/columns/after-the-wait-the-storm/108668.html
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by gbishman: 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
shut up this irresponsible father of wonderful children, u who could not train or sustain a marriage and lost his wife to a fellow man dares to speak to my president in such a manner make ur head turn 360 degrees. Rather than spend time to build his family his busy running around and taking selfies like a bitch on heat. Mind urself FFk
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by nationwide1(m): 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
superstar1:

You can only judge him when the people that he appoints perform below par.

Competency is more important than ethnicity and religion. I am waiting for one year to judge his appointments on competency.
What competency?

If it's only competency, Buhari himself has already failed for denying all his campaign promises to Nigerians.

If it's only competency, can you mention when a northern governor was the best performing governor in Nigeria between 1999 till date? At least, I've traveled very wide in Nigeria, so it's not about media publicity.

Human slavery ended in the 18th century but many Nigerian youths have been sold /g brainwashed into mental slavery.
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by donifez(m): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
I don't have much to say, let me use the cbn as a case study here.when the Igbos and Yorubas were made cbn Governor, what did they do? They simply pulled themselves off their tribes embracing the north more, when the Governor was a notherner,,they pulled the northerners closer yet treating the other tribes in power better than their yoruba and Igbo counterparts. The only reasonable Governor that pulled the other tribes closer was Joseph Sanusi (God bless that man), So am not surprised with PMB( He will pull the Northerners closer then treat other tribes fairly,That is a norm). They treat you better yet pull their people closer,That is what they do..Be wise.
When you Obinna find yourself in Power,Draw Yinka closer treat him better, same goes for Yinka.

The moment we find out we must work hand in hand. (ss,sw,se) we will overcome that their norm.

I see hate between the sw and se and i just shake my head( The northerners enjoy it,thereby ruling us)
One Nigeria.
Peace out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by Greyworld: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
abokine:

Ma broda. Winter is coming and its gonna be long.
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by amusadele: 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
superstar1:

very elementry
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by dhumor: 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
I forsee a time when anyone who calls our former president names will be tracked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by volo112: 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
this people must think nigerians are fools.
they think dividing nigeria is an easy task
they are mistaken , fani and his likes think they can use nigerians as dice for ludo games
when it is convenient for him, he attacks our brothers from the east
at other times, he attacks our brothers from the north
he has no love for Nigerians asides his pocket.
iam a patriotic nigerian, and i know that perception matters alot. That is why i think pmb in all fairness got it wrong this time around. he directly provided food for ffk and his likes
it was the perception about his stance on corruption that made nigerians to vote for him. he should also endeavouur to be seen as fair in the appointments to be made later on, with all sections of the country fully represented.

ffk made this observations, please look at the list thoroughly and close your eye to ethnic and religious sentiments, did pmb really make all this appointments below

1. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria – North. 2.Senate President – North. 3. Speaker of the House of Representatives – North. 4. Chief Justice of the Federation – North. 5. President of the Court of Appeal – North. 6. Chief Justice of the Federal High Court – North. 7. Secretary to the Federal Government – North. 8. Chief of Staff to the President – North. 9. Chief of Army Staff – North. 10. Chief of Air Staff – North. 11. Comptroller General of Customs – North. 12. Director-General of State Security Services (SSS) – North. 13. National Security Advisor – North. 14. Director General, NIMASA – North. 15. Chairperson of the Independant Electoral Commission (INEC) – North. 16. Comptroller-General Immigration – North. 17. Accountant-General of the Federation – North. 18. Commander of Civil Defence Corps – North. 19. Chief Security Officer to the President – North. 20. ADC to the President – North. 21. Principal Secretary to the President – North. 22. Senior Special Assistant to the President on media – North. 23. Chairman of the EFCC – North. 24. MD Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) – North. 25. Head of Service – North. 26. DG, National Communication Commission (NCC) – North. 27. Chairman NDLEA – North. 28. CEO, AMCON – North.

no 2&3 were chosen by the senate and h.of reps themselves, at least we all know what happened
no 4,5,6 have been in government since jonathan administration and cannot be removed just like political appointments
buhari choose 7, 8 from the north which was his political mistake
the security chiefs comprises of almost the zones except south east
no 11, i dont know why he appointed him, although some say because of his modest life style
no 12, dss, i think from obasanjo to jonathan, they have all chosen men from their zones also
no 13,nsa na buhari knows why
14, nimasa, the guy from the north and the guy from s.e were both appointed the same time , but the northern guy resumed for work earlier than the other guy, so in seniority, he is ahead of him. little things we take for granted has a way of punishing people.
no 15, inec, acting for now,
no 16 imigration, the guy that took over was the next in rank, same as civil defense
no 17, accountant general , na buhari know why
no 19, cso, even gej choose from the south(obuah). both gej and pmb paying their games
no 22, ssa media, even jonathan choose from the south in person of abati, both gej and pmb did this
no 23, efcc, gej appointed this man (larmorde)
no 24, npa, gej sacked the northerner and replaced with another northerner (former emir of kano son). pmb later fired him and returned the former occupant of the seat back to his position
no 25, gej appointed the head of service not buhari
no 26, ncc, buhari did it
no 28 , amcon, buhari did it
i did this little analysis for all to see. yes buhari made a huge mistake concerning the latest appointments and he should bear the back lash that follows, my grouse is that people like ffk cannot make meaningful criticism expect pitching north against south, s.w against s.east.
this nonsense must stop.
even the civil war fought in nigeria, i did not hear about the major players losing their loved ones at the battle front. all their children were enjoining the goodies of life while the common man suffered the most

most people shouting war have not even seen the airport or traveled by air before ,some do not even have international passport. so where do you want to run to if there is war
watch cnn or aljazeera ,europe is already facing migrants crises as a result of iraq and syria crises
even our neighbors cannot accommodate us, checkout the situation of nigerian refugees in cameroon. it is very pathetic
say no to war.
Re: Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode by nationwide1(m): 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
superstar1:

I quite agree with you either.

Will I have a competent but corrupt Stealer Oduah or Tafa Balogun or Alams at the expense of a competent but not corrupt Sanni?

I care less about region and ethnicity
Appointments will not benefit all of us individually and directly, but the dividend of appointing competent people will trickle down to all whether directly or indirectly.
So you mean Sani Abacha, Salisu Buhari, Atiku Abubakar, Ibrahim Babangida, Murtala Nyako, Sule Lamido, Kwankwaso, Mohammed Abacha are from the south?

Smh for your reasoning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP To Challenge Buhari’s ‎victory At Tribunal / See N75m Hospital That Was Abandoned By Senator Bala Na' Allah In Kebbi. (Pics) / Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.