Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! (46340 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / "Is That A Snake On Your Hand Temi?": Femi Otedola Asks Daughter On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 03, 2015
Dauchman:

Oga I said most sites. If you are going to shop on most international online shopping sites (amazon, ebay, toys r us, etc) a proper billing address is a prerequisite.

Still there are international sites that require only the details on the cards or sometyms the details and just the postcode of the billing address.

Between billing address isnt a preset address you create with a site you are shopping at, it is the address you registered your account with at the bank.

don't even mention amazon at all!!!!!!!!!ever since have been buying things on amazon the billing address I use is not even a Nigerian address,,and the billing address of my card is different from what I use on amazon and I don dey do shopping there for more than 2years now.....how do u think some Nigerians are buying kindle ebooks on amazon even when Nigerians are not allowed??u think say na magic??smh..
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by scarr: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2015
wakacome:
smh...guy u wicked ooo,and I was expecting the email...grin....

hehehe was just looking for trouble, im wise enuf to know d dangers of leaking ur card details, apart from shopping online, even some app stores don't need ur pin or otp to debit ur account
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2015
scarr:

hehehe was just looking for trouble, im wise enuf to know d dangers of leaking ur card details, apart from shopping online, even some app stores don't need ur pin or otp to debit ur account
exactly
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Rexyl(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2015
nellyelitz:
@0P
This is what i hear and read almost every day. Can u pls tell us how the card can still be use without knowing the pin. This is the part am much interested to knw. Thanks

You better be warned. There are times online transactions will just go through without request for any pin. Just input card details and you are done.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2015
jideprof:

Wait Oh! What About The Otp Stuff, Can They Get That Too Without Ur Knowledge? :-/
would have to penetrate through the main bank's system first
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 03, 2015
mobuch:

FOOL grin
meaning?
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 03, 2015
Neckfort:
...5682552490863002...633...i av moni in my account..i dont reli blv dz
expiry date pls
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by nellyelitz(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
thanks
Rexyl:

You better be warned. There are times online transactions will just go through without request for any pin. Just input card details and you are done.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Dauchman(m): 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
wakacome:
don't even mention amazon at all!!!!!!!!!ever since have been buying things on amazon the billing address I use is not even a Nigerian address,,and the billing address of my card is different from what I use on amazon and I don dey do shopping there for more than 2years now.....how do u think some Nigerians are buying kindle ebooks on amazon even when Nigerians are not allowed??u think say na magic??smh..

Who said Nigerians are not allowed to use their naira cards on amazon.

Am surprised you use a different billing address now...cos I knw for a fact dey stopped dat on amazon after the yahoo boys antics and btw ur Nigerian bank wont even authorise the transaction....btw why use a diff address wen ur Nigerian one wrks perfectly well
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Dauchman:

Who said Nigerians are not allowed to use their naira cards on amazon.

Am surprised you use a different billing address now...cos I knw for a fact dey stopped dat on amazon after the yahoo boys antics and btw ur Nigerian bank wont even authorise the transaction....btw why use a diff address wen ur Nigerian one wrks perfectly well
u can buy any other thing but u can't buy a kindle eBook;!!!!!!kindle is the keyword here...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Do I Need To Open A Betting Shop? / Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years / How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.