Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him (92328 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2015
mamalemon:

go an marri & stp lickin edwife and kimoni rotten pusssy. lipsrsealed
How sure are you they are not my wives? wink.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2015
dinachi:

How did you manage to escape from your curse and come to nairaland?
Go back and die of your well deserved frustration, stroke, HBD!
The same way u escaped from yours. Frustrated goat.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Filashade(f): 11:11am On Sep 03, 2015
There is something seriously wrong with your husband man.

What kind of Rubbish thing is that ehhhhn?

U r busy in the kithcen nko and he still walks out on the food on the table coz u never complete the service?

Na wa for him ooo.

Please I didnt say you shouldnt serve him food but please find out why your husband is doing that.

I hope its not what am thinking oooo

Hmmmmmm now he go look for excuse come bring him girlfriends and second wife into your house.

Ahhhh please just talk to him jeje ehnn. Just find out what the problem is.

He should understand u were busy in the kitchen and so he can share it out himself.

U know what, I have concluded that ur Husband is lazy and a baby!!

angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 11:13am On Sep 03, 2015
QueenHeart:
Hunger neva wire am.wen it does no body will show him d road to d kitchen,na pot him go dish from.silly man
I tell ya. Who has time to over indulge a grown ass man. When hunger wire am, he go knw Wat to do.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 11:14am On Sep 03, 2015
babygirlfl:
Kimoni and edwife, after reading your last few posts, it's clear that you two are the ones who are still living in the past. I am not a vindictive person and what the two of you have written there just shows how vindictive you two are. It's sad.
Abeg! Jst ignore them. Ain't worth the hassle

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 11:14am On Sep 03, 2015
MrsChima:

Did she say she was a feminist? Just because a female created a thread complaining about her husband and the woes on their marriages has nothing to do with feminism.

If she chooses not to be submissive and perform dumb sh1t doesn't make her a feminist. It means she has exercised her freewill not to be submissive.

Some submissive wives have horrible husbands. It doesn't save a marriage if there is no love, respect , effective communication , and compassion from BOTH parties.

#teamagainstchildmarriages

You know, the whole OP has to be twisted to fit into the mantra in family section:

Feminists do not make good wives.

Else what relationship exists between a woman who at worst can't manage her time and feminism?

A wife who had taken time to cook and dish the meal in a cooler did not think of slavery... it is now time to dish it that she starts thinking of slavery?

SMH

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by MrsChima(f): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2015
bankot123:
I would implore you to stick to the Facebook advice given to you. Most of the opinion given on this thread are from teenagers who does know the meaning of marriage and what it takes to make a home.

My own opinion which has been working for me for the past ten years, is for you not only dish but sit and eat together with him. It strengthen the bound and add spices to your marriage. Your husband loves you so much for him to have pointed it out to you.

Drop your pride and concentrate on building a great home. Everything lies in your hands.

You can't compare your marriage and what works for you to another marriage. There are no 2 marriages alije and sitting at the dinner table doesn't strength marriage if there aren't any love, respect, compassion, and effective communication.

Sitting at the table and dishing food is a choice. Some people do not converse while eating, some people aren't always hungry at the same time, and communication is not only effective during dinner but when 2 parties are available to listen and converse.

There is no set time and place for bonding and there has to be a deeper intimacy for effective bonding to occur.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2015
SonOfEl:
INDOMIE CHEWING GUM GIRLS, ALWAYS HIDING UNDER THE COVER OF "BUSY"

A WISE WOMAN KNOWS WHAT HER HUBBY DOSENT TOY WITH. AND IF SHE HAS TO MAKE AN EXCUSE, SHE KNOWS WHERE AND HOW TO APPROACH HIM.

NO MAN WILL SEE HIS WIFE ILL, INDISPOSED, TOO BUSY, OR AWAY AND STILL BE OFFENDED FOR NOT BEEN SERVED.

OP WANTS THE THREAD TO BASH THE MAN SHE VILLAINIZED.

ALL THIS IMMATURE WANNABES SPEWING TRASH WILL DEFINITELY LEARN THE HARD WAY.

Indomie chewing gum boys always hiding under the cover of 'I am the man'. A wise husband should know that he should be considerate and understanding.
A wise man builds his own home but the foolish man tears it down with his own hands

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2015
mamalemon:

enjoy yur rotten pussy. cheesy
Ed wife d owerri whoree living in uk with her ugly husband.
kimono d ijebu ugly ashawo. grin

You know so much about my queens. You must be a fan. PM me to join my harem. wink. A trial will convince you
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 11:21am On Sep 03, 2015
Joy1706:

Indomie chewing gum boys always hiding under the cover of 'I am the man'. A wise husband should know that he should be considerate and understanding.
A wise man builds his own home but the foolish man tears it down with his own hands

*laughs* it that all you can offer?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by MrsChima(f): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2015
bukatyne:

You know, the whole OP has to be twisted to fit into the mantra in family section:

Feminists do not make good wives.

Else what relationship exists between a woman who at worst can't manage her time and feminism?

A wife who had taken time to cook and dish the meal in a cooler did not think of slavery... it is now time to dish it that she starts thinking of slavery?

SMH

I get your gist however chatters needs to stop throwing around the word feminist especially if the person has not expressed themselves to be a feminist.

We often times throw an adjective on a chatter if they fits the mold or definition of that adjective. However, a woman choosing not to dish or complaining that her husband wants her to dish food HAS nothing to do with feminism.

It will soon become a mantra that a woman who doesn't kiss ass and say no is automatically a feminist.

Bullsh1t.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by TV01(m): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2015
blessedtwins:
You sound like my soon to be ex husband.brutish and selfish
"Soon to be ex"? Sounds like there is yet hope.

I am first and foremost an advocate of marriage on NL - wishing a great union on everyone who truly desires it. Your situation is tragic, but hopefully still retrievable.

A wife who is humble and loving will not consider serving her husband as evidence of his being brutish and selfish. Hope you can both make the necessary adjustments and heal and restore your marriage.

TV

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by MrsChima(f): 11:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Joy1706:

Hmmm. Nice. wink

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by damiso(f): 11:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Na wa o all this on op dishing ,serving food?

O ga o . Madam not really a big deal as I even think the cooking is the real stress. but oga sef no try if madam was held up doing something else.

where is the camaraderie that a couple should have? All this rigid rigid 'I can never' 'I can't ' you must' why not dish the food and jokingly bring it up later. And that is on the part of both parties.

Phew Life is not that hard.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 03, 2015
bukatyne:

There are many perspectives to it

I do not even know how wife dish/do not dish meals related to Jesus

Thanks smiley

It's alright. To me, if you love your partner, all these are irrelevant. So irrelevant.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by TV01(m): 11:30am On Sep 03, 2015
adesbreath:
What if she has a new born to attend to ..I don't see anything wrong in the man dishing out his own food, it's the same man that will tell her the food is cold if she dishes it..do you know if she has a help? They should both try and compromise
Nobody has said there is anything wrong in the man dishing out his own food...neither is there anything wrong in the wife dishing out her husbands food.

TV

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Opynion: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2015
raayah:
I personally don't mind dishing food for my husband but if I cannot do it because i'm busy. He should understand.

Men are not babies.
They should be able to plate their own food.
Its better because you will be able to access the amount of food you want instead of sending your wife up and down.

Since its marriage, communicate with your husband. Tell him you are not comfortable and suggest a better way of serving his food. I would suggest putting the food in a big dish while your husband serves himself from there.

It seems you already do this. You are doing all the housework and cooking meals for him and he is still asking for "complete service". I think you married a baby. If he is hungry, he will plate his food. I think there is a bigger issue in your marriage.

someone is being misled here. OP you should be happy that you have such a romantic husband. how many men will have time for the dinning table (if not to eat beside his laptop in his room with his attention on one half unclad lad chating him up om fb). abeg feed your man with kiss and enjoy your marriage jor.
|Wish you happy married life

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 03, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Indomie children? grin grin.. I'm far from it....

I didn't say men shouldn't be traditional cos it's none of my business, I can't tell men how to live.... I didn't also say wives shouldn't serve their husbands food afterall I serve mine food.. but what's the big deal in dishing out food if your wife isn't available to do it? To the extent of rejecting the food? I really don't get it undecided... In an healthy marriage, this shouldn't be an issue at alll.....

The wife that also brought this petty issue to the social media has something going for her....

As someone said this kinda couple may also be fighting about who's supposed to switch off the light at night. .. Such flimsy stuffs! !.. na them sabi abeg.... undecided
Lol Ok I got you. Sorry for being rude. You nice.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by lionphil(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2015
creepsyme:
dont get it wrong, wat is in dishing food dat a man cannot do? after all the cooking from ur wife? @%=Ă·teammenwholovetostresswomen$#@%

If this will be an issue in Ur marriage, will u prefer a divorce to dishing out the food?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by MrsChima(f): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2015
TV01:

"Soon to be ex"? Sounds like there is yet hope.

I am first and foremost an advocate of marriage on NL - wishing a great union on everyone who truly desires it. Your situation is tragic, but hopefully still retrievable.

A wife who is humble and loving wil not consider serving her husband as evidence of his being brutish and selfish. Hope you can both make the necessary adjustments and heal and restore your marriage.

TV

There is nothing wrong with serving food and eating with the spouse but when it has become an order or requirement without prior discussion is the problem.

Serving food and eating with your spouse is a gesture but it does not count as a measurement of how much a spouse love you.

Joy, patience, understanding, meek, support, respect, empathy, encouragement, positive motivatuon, and peace is what helped one feel less resentful and mistreated.

She has prepared the food and a considerate response would be to say thanks. Why disturb the peace in your home if you know you do not have a malicious woman?

Why disturb the peace over petty things? Choose your battles and every battle isn't meant to be fought or won.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2015
MrsChima:

Hmmm. Nice. wink

its no longer reasoning, its now the battle of the sexes.....are you ashamed of yourself?

if you read my post she responding to, then I am sorry for you......nice kor, noose ni...... foolishness.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by TV01(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2015
bukatyne:

Stop talking with both sides of your mouth cheesy

You command or you don't?

Or you define command with 'Mama I think...' wink

See wifey is intune with my preferences as if you are not also intune with hers cheesy Oya na try your fantasy with her grin Abi your one-flesh no reach that side?

When you start 'commanding', let us know

Till then, take the back seat when commanders are talking cheesy

kikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki
You are still here prating grin.

I command absolutely cool. When a man presents properly and enunciates his wishes clearly, he doesn't have to command repeatedly. Authority doesn't always have to be on show, leadership is in some regards about empowering.

A truly submissive wife does not have to be bossed, but you wouldn't know this as there are no leaders, no commanders and no authority is wielded in your "equalist" household grin.

Christian wives know how they do - feminists don't be pained cheesy

Ephesians 5:22 - Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
Ephesians 5:24 - Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
1 Peter 3:1 - Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands,
1 Peter 3:6 - as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good

"Lord Commander" TV cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Stillfire: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2015
sinizia:

Thanks and Amen. smiley

I blame all these madness on the way our society brought our men and ladies up. I love my tradition but not at the expense of my humanity. Imagine what those ladies on FB are spewing!! They have no iota of self-worth at all. Zero self-esteem. Then they will raise their daughters up with that sick mentality and belief and the ill-fated cycle goes on and on. I felt a pang of mad anger reading the stĂșpid replies of those ladies. Imagine what a lady is saying; "please spoon-feed him if he wants it too before another lady does it for him." I'm dead sure if their husbands sleeps with anything with a Vajayjay, they'd blame ONLY the various women and not the husband with a wandering prick. I don't blame we men for calling women fish brains sometimes, those ladies up there justifies the assertion.

Absolutely.
The ladies can keep on deceiving themselves. Wherever I smell a character flaw I will say it.
You don't treat people like that. You accord people respect and do not diminish their humanity.
they can try to mask the whole think by 'rubbing the man's head', lmao but the truth has to be said that you are married to an immature prick!
#demoniclove

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by MrsChima(f): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2015
I do not like my husband touching the food that I have prepared and I will dish his food because how I want the food to look on his plate. I am a chef so it is a chef thing so sue me!

If I tell my husband to serve himself he will ask me what is wrong because he will think it is a trick. He will serve himself without an issue but again each person and marriage is different.

We have to remember that people!!!!
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 11:51am On Sep 03, 2015
Opynion:

someone is being misled here. OP you should be happy that you have such a romantic husband. how many men will have time for the dinning table (if not to eat beside his laptop in his room with his attention on one half unclad lad chating him up om fb). abeg feed your man with kiss and enjoy your marriage jor.
|Wish you happy married life

pls talk some sense into her head, that is if she would receive it and take correction.....before she labels you as a villain.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by MrsChima(f): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2015
I hate when my husband want to sample the food before it is done! angry Oh my gosh, he will wait until I depart the kitchen and steal a piece of meat! grin angry

Meat thief! angry

"Add a little salt"
"Can I have a piece?"
"Can I lick the spoon?"
"Can I sip the soup?"
"Add more pepper"
"Add more maggi"

Argggggghhhhhhhh!!!! angry angry

Why??!!!
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2015
SonOfEl:

*laughs* it that all you can offer?
*laughstoo* is it not the same thing u offered?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2015
Joy1706:

*laughstoo* is it not the same thing u offered?

battle of the sexes. I also knew all along this is what its about, not sincere marriage matters....

good luck to your marriage.

you know what? fight him, bad mouth him, in short, DIVORCE HIM....so you can have your peace.

yimu.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by MrsChima(f): 11:59am On Sep 03, 2015
SonOfEl:

its no longer reasoning, its now the battle of the sexes.....are you ashamed of yourself?

if you read my post she responding to, then I am sorry for you......nice kor, noose ni...... foolishness.

Just because you disagree with her statement doesn'tmean I do.

You are entitled to your opinion and so does she. I will be whatever you wanting me to be as long as it helps you feel better. kiss

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by MrsChima(f): 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
I see you looking Mr. Royalroy. grin. I am behaving. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply)

This Is What My House Help Did To Me / Photo Of The Woman Who Died In A Car Accident While Chasing Her Cheating Husband / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.