Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) (46449 Views)

Residents Tie Tortoise To Their Electricity Pole To Scare Off PHCN Official / The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) / Damaged Electric Pole At Arab Traffic Utako, Abuja: Awaiting Disaster (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by tommykiwi(m): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
R.I.P...Nepa should stop climbing pole if there light!
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Abduljohn(m): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
This happens when you thk u re master in ur line with all d precaution s in place.

Well RIP
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by chax100(f): 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
SMH. But he died for nothing. Just like in a zoo. My thoughts and prayers to the family and loved ones. RIP to the dead.
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
RIP,..Buhari will destroy that country with his bad luck grin
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by teadrake(m): 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
RemyMartins:
I guess he was disconnecting someone's line. Hihihuhjhuhuhuhhbjhjhi but him die?
Haba bros..show some respect to the deceased now
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by kudzyauto(m): 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
OboloMAN:
RIP to the daily Departed.

Buhari s Body Language
rip
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Henry1990: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
Haha!!
what a misfortune,and to the family of the deceased my sincere condolence I offer. R.I. P
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by EbolaParasite: 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
majamajic:
Rubber gloves are always important

The solution is not rubber gloves. The solution is PROPER LOCK OUT TAG OUT.
The energy source to that entire area should have been isolated and locked out with the technician working on that line being the only one able to remove his tag and put it back online. Management should be punished for this because they are responsible for that mans death. They probably have no safety protocols in place. This was an avoidable death.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by AnthonyAk(m): 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
This is bleeped up but it sort of funny. So nobody helped him down?
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by islandmoon: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Safety First!! that's why i love oil company.
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by kolaosita4(m): 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
R.I.P bro
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Hawlahscho(m): 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
My God is great!
This is what shocked me and I'm still alive.

Wow! Thank You God!

RIP to d guy/man sad
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by MrMcJay(m): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
EbolaParasite:

The solution is not rubber gloves. The solution is PROPER LOCK OUT TAG OUT.
The energy source to that entire area should have been isolated and locked out with the technician working on that line being the only one able to remove his tag and put it back online. Management should be punished for this because they are responsible for that mans death. They probably have no safety protocols in place. This was an avoidable death.

If only this man's family could sue IKEDC, they would get an out of court settlement in tens of millions, Guaranteed!!
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by chax100(f): 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
This is a high voltage cable. There is an invisible witch round that cable called electric field. Once you trespass without the appropriate Odeshi called PPE, you are a dead man.
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by HomoSapiien: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
cry cry
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by timota(m): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
RickRichards:
Terrible. They don't seem to have the right protective gear to begin with. The management should be sued.
mr management suer I think it will be better u use ur energy to advice the workers to be wearing their safety gadgets than sue management
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by CharlesPhc: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
The distance from the ladder to the dead man though...!!!
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by SmartMugu: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
May be witches and wizards dey live for the house wey hin wan disconnect.
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
prettythicksme:
oh God!! cry hope is not what i am thinking shocked **sucide**
SHE HOW YOUR BRAIN DEY THINK undecided

YOU SEE NEPA POLE NEAR AM.
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by funkybully(f): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
majamajic:
Rubber gloves are always important

The best protection is working on a dead line.

Even with rubber gloves, his body touching the lines by any means, losing balance, weariness or tiredness, involuntary reflex of hands and live lines touch him, he is dead.

That line is 11KV up and 415V below. Too dangerous to work on in an unbalanced platform like ladder or belt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by kelvyn7: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
this is horror mehhhnn!

I pity him sha cry
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by gog4life(m): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
Sleep on till we meet to part no more
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by wjxavier(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
posted this sad news on NL 3 hours earlier. Guess Mods were taking a pee. Sad stuff though.
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Neemcie(f): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
SAY hello to 1stGenuis.[/quote] welcome newbie
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by SmartMugu: 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
AnthonyAk:
This is bleeped up but it sort of funny. So nobody helped him down?
Did u read the full story? They said he was pronounced dead at the hospital. I don't see any hospital on the pole, so obviously someone helped him down and he was taken to a regular hospital.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
SHE HOW YOUR BRAIN DEY THINK undecided

YOU SEE NEPA POLE NEAR AM.
What is dis one saying? cheesy
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by jojo1530(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Or could it be that he just decided to hug a transformer, and which one come be "electric police" again, is a part of the change?
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
prettythicksme:
What is dis one saying? cheesy
IT ONLY TAKES A WISE SOMEONE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by funkybully(f): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
chax100:
This is a high voltage cable. There is an invisible witch round that cable called electric field. Once you trespass without the appropriate Odeshi called PPE, you are a dead man.

Electric fields can't get him at 11KV which is the line he is on. If it were to be 132kv or 330kv, then fields at a meter distance will burn him charcoal black.

For 11kv, he touched the line

1 Like

Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by ORIGENAL(m): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
If na my area people for happy well well, in other words.... RIP bro
Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
IT ONLY TAKES A WISE SOMEONE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING
k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) by Talent6ix: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
:Pleave am him dey carry high tension wire play . family members go start to the blame winch for village . Chai oh see as fine soul Don go just like that (folding hands) so sad . rip

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Lagos (Live Updates, Pictures, Videos) / Nigerians Voted Change, Not Acts Of Masturbation, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari / Edo 2020: PDP Aspirants, Stalwarts Resist Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.