Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love (14129 Views)

Couple's Old School Themed Pre-Wedding Photos / How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s / Old Days Love Seems More Romantic Than This Days See Pictures Below (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Medunah: 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
Na so one babe visit me yesterday see me dey blast garri devoid of sugar and kulikuli, na so the babe sit down for my bed dey tell me say fried rice dey hungry am

E just be like say make I use leg take give am slap
This got me ROTFL grin
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
tosyne2much:
Even God knows that I will be the first to comment on a thread like this.

Na dis kind thread dem dey always see me cheesy

Make I add my own join

9. S*x Position

In the olden days, missionary style was the most pleasurable style when it comes love making. You need not use jedi, opa eyin, vigra just to show your bedmatcis skills, but in recent time, you have to kill yourself using sex positions like cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, just because you want to show a lady that you are a pro in bed

Na so I bleep one babe like that. After showing my bedmatics and climaxed after 3mins, she asked, "are you done?"... At that instance, it was as if the ground should open and swallow me up

10. She Eats With You No Matter What You Are Eating

In the olden days, when a lady truly loves you and she comes visiting, if she sees you drinking garri, she will dash to the kitchen to get a spool telling you not to finish it, but now, reverse is the case

Na so one babe visit me yesterday see me dey blast garri devoid of sugar and kulikuli, na so the babe sit down for my bed dey tell me say fried rice dey hungry am

Tosyne!!y copied one of my list naw? sad i wrote it first
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
wristbangle:
I wish things could be the way it used to be during the time of our forefathers, but now, things have now taken turns because the word "love" has now been wrongly interpreted

I sometimes cannot but shake my head when I see people involved in shameful practices all in the name of so called LOVE

Without wasting time, let's take a look at these differences between olden days love and new generation love

Place for hanging out

In the olden days, under iroko tree, gardens and other less exotic places and suitable places for rendezvous despite the fact that there were expensive restaurants, resort centres and hotels. Nowadays, suggesting such places for ladies will be a bad idea as they will tag him a broke and stingy dude. This reminds me of when Tosyne2much said he recently took a lady to a mango tree as rendezvous, but the lady was disappointed and called the relationship a quit cheesy

Financial criteria

What new generation ladies mainly look for in guys is their financial standing. He must have at least a car, superb, a good house and must be earning 6 digits salary as a consideration for going on a date, unlike olden days when ladies date guys who have no dine in their pockets

Compatibility level

Ladies then can date or marry a guy in spite of his educational, financial and society status unlike nowadays which the guy's standard must be very high. To confirm this, ask any educated lady of nowadays that, Can they marry a rich mechanic? We know what the answer will be.

Communication

Those times, you will have to perch under a tree for hours waiting for her to pass so that you can communicate with her. Now, you will have to go into recharge your phone as if you life depends on it. Sometimes, you will even be indebted to MTN. When you fail to even send some of them recharge card, you are red- carded.

Attitude

Back in the days, a guy may be poor but may even empty his pocket to provide for her need when he makes a little cash. Try that with new generation ladies, and you are on your way to bankruptcy.

Knowledge and Intelligence

The reasoning level of olden days ladies was outstanding. They were smart, knowledgeable, patient and understood the concept of love means. Ladies of nowadays are brainwashed by what they see. Some ladies may dump intelligent, brilliant and ambitious dudes like Tosyne2much, Lalasticlala, Ronald4lif and Naijaboiy for an old rich man who is using extra time on earth

Abstinence

The issue of pre-marital sex then cannot be compared to sex era we are into. Not like olden days ladies didn't used to have the urge to have sex, just that they were so discipline and had high level of body control, but now, a lady will have to test run a guy just to know his capabilities on bed.

Mode of cooking

Ladies then often cooked delicious meal for the one they truly love. You will see them pound yam, and other tasking exercise just to make the worm in his stomach smile, but now, some ladies cannot even make ordinary noodles, yet they say their men are cheating. You will see some of them parading Mr Biggs, Mr Fans and the likes. Smh.

Feel free to add yours

AS IF YOU KNOW. NOWADAYS YOU WILL SEE THEM PARADING SAWARMA OR WHATEVER GOD DAME NAME THERE CALLED THAT FOOD angry

HOW I WISH I WAS IN THE OLDEN DAYS, TO LOVE SOMEONE WILL BE VERY EASY AND WONDERFULL EXPERIENCE. BUT NOWADAYS, EVERY WOMAN HAVE TURN TO HEAR BREAKERS angry

BE BREAKING PEOPLE 'S HEART LIKE CERAMIC
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
wristbangle:

Hahaha una ladies of nowadays too lazy jor.

Issa lie jare, I enjoy cooking but not stressing my life. Pounding of yam is a lot of stress, u can imagine d energy one has to put all in d name of pounding yam. Guys shld be d ones pounding yam nd take it as a form of exercise that will help dere abs nd arms cheesy
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by ronald4lif(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
Midehi:
my two guys always on point grin

but i prefer communication of now than olden days, its easier and simple.

its not easy to date a broke guy, it takes an empress of love to date a broke guy, so guys should work hard and get the best woman cheesy

olden days urge for sex was as a result of circumcision, these days ladies are no longer circumcised; but that does not mean we cant still keep ourselves.
#teamzipup# cool

who doesnt know how to pound yam, i can,very much grin

nice one bro.

I agree with the embolden but permit me to add that hardworking and successful guys no longer go for a sit home lady who has nothing to contribute in the furtherance sustainability of a marriage, financially.

The paradigm has changed from when a girl will just stay idle and do nothing anticipating for a wealthy guy to come take her home to mama. Independence and hardworking ladies are the new trends now. Just saying.
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by tosyne2much(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
prettythicksme:
Tosyne!!y copied one of my list naw? sad i wrote it first
See u !!!

My write-up was ready before the OP even dropped the thread cheesy
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
tosyne2much:
Even God knows that I will be the first to comment on a thread like this.

Na dis kind thread dem dey always see me cheesy

Make I add my own join

9. S*x Position

In the olden days, missionary style was the most pleasurable style when it comes love making. You need not use jedi, opa eyin, vigra just to show your bedmatcis skills, but in recent time, you have to kill yourself using sex positions like cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, just because you want to show a lady that you are a pro in bed

Na so I bleep one babe like that. After showing my bedmatics and climaxed after 3mins, she asked, "are you done?"... At that instance, it was as if the ground should open and swallow me up

10. She Eats With You No Matter What You Are Eating

In the olden days, when a lady truly loves you and she comes visiting, if she sees you drinking garri, she will dash to the kitchen to get a spool telling you not to finish it, but now, reverse is the case

Lmao. At point 9. Reverse skills, cowgirl, doggy, reverse doggy, reverse cowgirl, etc. Hahahaha.

Am sure Ishilove can testify to this scenario of old school love grin
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
tosyne2much:
See u !!!

My write-up was ready before the OP even dropped the thread cheesy
hmm lie lie grin,i did not see it!
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Issa lie jare, I enjoy cooking but not stressing my life. Pounding of yam is a lot of stress, u can imagine d energy one has to put all in d name of pounding yam. Guys shld be d ones pounding yam nd take it as a form of exercise that will help dere abs nd arms cheesy

When the man dey out dey work like xmas goat, una no complain oo
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by tosyne2much(m): 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
prettythicksme:
hmm lie lie grin,i did not see it!
Hmmmmm

Ask the OP cool
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
AS IF YOU KNOW. NOWADAYS YOU WILL SEE THEM PARADING SAWARMA OR WHATEVER GOD DAME NAME THERE CALLED THAT FOOD angry

HOW I WISH I WAS IN THE OLDEN DAYS, TO LOVE SOMEONE WILL BE VERY EASY AND WONDERFULL EXPERIENCE. BUT NOWADAYS, EVERY WOMAN HAVE TURN TO HEAR BREAKERS angry

BE BREAKING PEOPLE 'S HEART LIKE CERAMIC

As usual baba

Hahahahahaha

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
tosyne2much:
Hmmmmm

Ask the OP cool
lol,it okay!
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Ishilove: 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
wristbangle:

Lmao. At point 9. Reverse skills, cowgirl, doggy, reverse doggy, reverse cowgirl, etc. Hahahaha.

Am sure Ishilove can testify to this scenario of old school love grin
As in ehn, those days of love scented love letters. You spray the letters with perfume and draw heart shapes at the end of the letter, then end it with xoxo cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

I agree with the embolden but permit me to add that hardworking and successful guys no longer go for a sit home lady who has nothing to contribute in the furtherance sustainability of marriage, financial.
and i pity such ladies, its not even easy to sit idle,so why will a lady fold hands and wait for man alone, she better be ready for doom, there are some men who does'nt want their women work, i call that bullshit cos for me i can't be tamed by a man...my yansh no dey siddon o cos i need more grin
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hawlahscho:
wristbangle is [size=30pt]BIASED[/size]

Some of those things he thinks they don't exist again still happen. Just that civilization covered most and bad mentality of SOME of our ladies is condemning some, maybe that's why OP concluded sentimentally.

I'm out.

I am not brother. This is what is invoke now. U know this
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ishilove:

As in ehn, those days of love scented love letters. You spray the letters with perfume and draw heart shapes at the end of the letter, then end it with xoxo cheesy cheesy

Especially the concluding part.

If so, doxology grin grin
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
wristbangle:

When the man dey out dey work like xmas goat, una no complain oo

Lol nd so? Will I be a housewife? Or do u think I will be staying at home doing nothing? For where? Even wen m 70 yrs I will still be active nd looking sexy grin
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Hawlahscho(m): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
wristbangle:

I am not brother. This is what is invoke now. U know this
But not 100% as you confirmed it. Fact.
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
naijaboiy:
Back in the olden days my grandmother had just one boyfriend who was my grand father. He was a farmer and a bush meat hunter. grin

Every morning he'll bring bush meat for my grandmother and some yams or corn which he harvested from his farm to my grand mother's house. grin

My grandmother was still forming hard to get but after a while she finally succumbed due to incessant pressure from my grandfather. smiley

They got married after courting for 1 year and gave birth to 9 children. kisskiss

Now in this new age girls have so many boyfriends of different varieties to pick from. As a result of social media a girl will have five boyfriends. 1 on BBM,,the other on whatsapp,,then facebook,,badoo and even Nairaland.

Things don change. crycry

PS- Believe the above story at your own peril gringringringrin

Baba, na same story whey my granny dey talk be that then. Chai old school love.

Besides u will not believe your convincing story if not becos you said believe at yyour own peril grin
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

You don't have to say everything out now embarassed

He's chasing girls away from you nah grin grin
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Nice work Op
Come ve a bottle of chilled Eva juice

So much from civilization or perhaps part of end time things

Thanks bro wink wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by ronald4lif(m): 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Midehi:

and i pity such ladies, its not even easy to sit idle,so why will a lady fold hands and wait for man alone, she better be ready for doom, there are some men who does'nt want their women work, i call that bullshit cos for me i can't be tamed by a man...my yansh no dey siddon o cos i need more grin

Good you have such idealism. Women who stay idle doing nothing and pray and fast for a wealthy man to come their way are abound. I have no problem for anyone to envisage dating and marrying someone above their socio-economic strata coz I would have done same if I were a lady and would wish same for my daughter.

But just had to correct some impression out there that men are the only ones who have the potentials to become successful. Both genders have an equal opportunity to attain greatness and just like a woman would wish to get hooked with an affluent guy, such guys themselves equally want to maintain their caste and not just connect with any couch-potato like lady who has no stable source of livelihood and nothing going for her.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by naijaboiy: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
wristbangle:

Baba, na same story whey my granny dey talk be that then. Chai old school love.

Besides u will not believe your convincing story if not becos you said believe at yyour own peril grin
gringrin
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by tohpahz(f): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Wristbangle wait for mi under the mango tree ,I'd ping u wen am coming grin

Tosyne2much wait for me at the path leading to the stream

Naijaboiy wait for mi at the rd to the evil forest cool

Kingtom no wait for mi abeg . undecided
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
tohpahz:

Tosyne2much wait for me at the path leading to the stream

Naijaboiy wait for mi at the rd to the evil forest cool

Kingtom no wait for mi abeg . undecided

I don dey wait since but na u dey delay me.
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Lol nd so? Will I be a housewife? Or do u think I will be staying at home doing nothing? For where? Even wen m 70 yrs I will still be active nd looking sexy grin

Hahaha. Okay oo. That's nice sha.

1 Like

Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Mhizkel:
Old things have passed away.cheesy
Wristbangle, adapt to the new era.wink

Old school love rocks mehn. kiss
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
peeparty:
Olden days :Ankara are worn by the wife with Bikini inside

modern days: Bikini are worn outside with no p*nties.

olden days you know need carry woman go restaurant, but this days some of this girls are ready to suck you dry and run away.

Cc

wristbangle

Bro, oold school love rocks but nowadays is lust after money. Money is love now.
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by tosyne2much(m): 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
tohpahz:

Tosyn.e2much wait for me at the path leading to the stream

Na.ijaboiy wait for mi at the rd to the evil forest cool

Kin.gtom no wait for mi abeg . undecided
Hehehehe cheesy

If I hear say you go dia cheesy
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
1. In d olden days it was called 'Bleep' Nowadays it's called 'kpekus'.
2. In d olden days d female hole was called "V" Nowadays it's called "Punany or punny for short".

cheesy chai! d wey things dey change, e dey sweet me for belly.
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by wristbangle: 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
faith551:
Those days been sweet die, na on top mango tree I been toast nneka, hide and seek na our best game, any day I buy new fella trouser na her place I dey first visit, no money for make up, and Brazilian wig. undecided

I hope no be the same Nneka123 becos she be man oo.
Re: 8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love by vivalavida(m): 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
Midehi:

.my yansh no dey siddon o cos i need more

I love this part.
Hehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Chase Away This Naughty Girl Frequenting My Home / Do African Men Prefer Bigger Women / Curvaceous Lady Attached With Gigantic Boobs Goes Viral As She Flaunts Them Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.