Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,047 members, 7,838,650 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Do First Class Monarch Exist In South East..? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do First Class Monarch Exist In South East..? (8274 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu, His Father And South-East Governors Meet In Enugu (Photos) / Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum / South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do First Class Monarch Exist In South East..? by pazienza(m): 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Oga o! Another attache by force again.
Please go back to your history books and read about Calabar and Warri Royal kingdoms.
Till tomorrow, the Oba of Benin, Olu of Warri and Obong of Calabar will always be 1st Class royals.

You mean Olu of itsekiri! There is no title like Olu of Warri.

Monarchy is an archaic and outdated system of governance, it's many steps lower than democracy in evolution of governance. That is why most of the modern world jettisoned monarchy for a type of democracy we call representative democracy.

Most Ndiigbo societies already perfected democracy centuries ago, why should they care about those that were still stuck on outdated monarchies?

3 Likes

Re: Do First Class Monarch Exist In South East..? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

we have Obi of nsugbe ..that is a town in anambra

and the word Obi means palace of big compound of head of family

another Obi means heart also

so maybe Mikel Obi is Benin
or maybe I am Benin by my native name obinna

the way people twist history can be funny

Onitsha was never under Benin rule pls

Onitsha came from the daughter of NRI iguedo and some Igbo returned from their sourjourn in Benin via Eze chime maybe that is a Benin name also

mind you the term Onitsha or onicha is pure Igbo

we have tons of Igbo villages in all the south east state including delta and some Rivera that have Onitsha-onicha as prefix to their name

unlike Yoruba that never had eko as prefix or suffix to their name

this is Igbo 101

asaba people migrated from awka and some other Igbo mainland

pls pls stop peddling lies biko
Brother stop wasting ur time with this kind of people. Allow him to continue in utter ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Do First Class Monarch Exist In South East..? by tonychristopher: 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
MyFlair:
Brother stop wasting ur time with this kind of people. Allow him to continue in utter ignorance.

they keep lying everyday ..the whole thing baffles me..I was waiting for him to counter me

1 Like

Re: Do First Class Monarch Exist In South East..? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Please go back to your history books and read about Calabar and Warri Royal kingdoms.
Till tomorrow, the Oba of Benin, Olu of Warri and Obong of Calabar will always be 1st Class royals.
oba of benin and olu of calabar are not from the old eastern region. I dont know how this obong of calabar became popular I only hear abt him from your mouth.
Re: Do First Class Monarch Exist In South East..? by ArodewilliamsT: 9:05am On Sep 06, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Madame 'i am SS' don land again. But i never saw your hypocritical self chastize yorubas who are always claiming to be 'SS' when we burst them. Hypocritical monkey grin

1 Like

Re: Do First Class Monarch Exist In South East..? by after1: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Madame 'i am SS' don land again. But i never saw your hypocritical self chastize yorubas who are always claiming to be 'SS' when we burst them. Hypocritical monkey grin

Amadi collins, go bury your mother and stop insulting people. Bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Bank Officials And Chinese Investors Visit Senate / Breaking:eject Fulani Herdsmen Fom Yoruba Land And Face War. / 200 Lawmakers Sign Up For Lawan’s Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.