Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339376 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 9:38am On Feb 14, 2017
teekay213:
Thanks!are they not other way of traveling apart from student visa.i just want to get out of this country.

Lol.... take am easy bro.... it is well.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 9:41am On Feb 14, 2017
tolfa:
Good day friends, as at this evening have not heard from UK embassy since January 9th that they sent an email that they have received my application. my latest arrival date is February 15th on my CAS...although the school as agreed to grant me late arrival. all my calls and emails enquiries to HGS was "application currently in progress"
Please is there anyone that has been granted visa after the latest arrival date on CAS.
what else can I do about this situation?
all advice welcome

You just need to calm down and yes it is still possible to be granted visas after latest arrival date cos you submitted a long time ago before that date. Finally please pray. Also after you collect your visa, when travelling, just make sure you get an email from your school to show them at immigration to make them know that your latest arrival date has been extended.

Since the 9th of January, that's strange.... was it priority visa you paid for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tolfa(m): 10:06am On Feb 14, 2017
OlowoB:

You just need to calm down and yes it is still possible to be granted visas after latest arrival date cos you submitted a long time ago before that date. Finally please pray. Also after you collect your visa, when travelling, just make sure you get an email from your school to show them at immigration to make them know that your latest arrival date has been extended.

Since the 9th of January, that's strange.... was it priority visa you paid for?
Thanks so much bro @olowob....it's a standard application but have seen other applicants that applied after me getting decisions.....it's strange though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 11:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
I have some pounds to sell today, anyone in need?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 12:25am On Feb 15, 2017
teejay21111:
i I need it bro, send me PM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apostle67: 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2017
teejay21111:

bro pls I need urgently. can you pls PM me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 11:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello, my visa has these conditions on it 'PBS dependent restricted no DR/Den Training. No Sport. No public funds'. Hope this does not affect my ability to work full time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 10:28am On Feb 16, 2017
No it doesn't. You just can't train as a Doctor/Dentist and sportsperson and no access to public funds from the govt

figel:
Hello, my visa has these conditions on it 'PBS dependent restricted no DR/Den Training. No Sport. No public funds'. Hope this does not affect my ability to work full time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
Apostle67:

bro pls I need urgently. can you pls PM me?

Noted for another time. It's gone already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teejay21111: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
Emexnairaland:
i I need it bro, send me PM

Noted for another time, gone already, sorry for that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olajide21: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
How many years visa would given to a PhD student?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tolfa(m): 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
olajide21:
How many years visa would given to a PhD student?
it depends on what's on your CAS but it's between 3.5 to 4.5 years
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2017
AfterEarth:
Hello, I want to study in UK, and I want to study Law,
but I don't know how to go about it.
Actually my mum is also making inquiries, but I want to make mine also.

1)I want to know what the fees are like in a year; so
that I can prepare for it in a short time.

2)The requirements that are needed to get started.

3)How many years will I spend studying law, because
I was told their education system ain't same with
Nigeria.

4)And more especially, how do I make a move?
Justwise

Hi. Are you currently a graduate cuz u can do a top up in law program.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
Tay16:

I am 25years old and ever since i did my undergrad I have not been permanently employed. I am concerned with proving that I have sufficient funds. What do you think will be the best option for me, using my parent's bank statements to prove i have sufficient funds or transferring the at least £10,000 into my personal account 3months prior to applying for my visa to prove that i have sufficient funds to sustain myself?

You only need the money in your account for 28 days as I learnt.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by oieda: 9:59am On Feb 18, 2017
figel:
Here are the documents i submitted.

-Enrollment letter from my hubby's Uni
-Invitation letter from hubby
-Introduction letter from hubby and exlaining my relationship to him.
-TB Certificate
-Statement of Account
-Marriage Certificate
-Wedding Pictures
-Chat history (Whatsapp, BBM and Facebook). For bbm and whatsapp (9 months chat (April 2016 - January 2017)) for facebook, printed out 2011 - 2012 chats (screen grabs).
-Copy of hubby's BRP
-Copy of Hubby's int't passport

All in all, total pages of documents submitted was about 800 smiley

Phone Interview Questions
-What is your name?
-What is your hubby's name and DoB?
-When did you get married and where?
-What does hubby do in UK?
-Which course and University?
-Who is sponsoring you?
-How did hubby get money?
-When do you plan to travel?
-Have you ever lived anywhere asides your home country?

Good luck!

Congratulations fidel.
Some quick questions as I hope to do same for my wife and daughter.
What's the format of the invitation letter and how is different from the introduction letter?
How much was required in your statement of account?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AfterEarth(f): 8:19am On Feb 19, 2017
sexybaby22:

Hi. Are you currently a graduate cuz u can do a top up in law program.
check yo mail anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
oieda:

Congratulations fidel.
Some quick questions as I hope to do same for my wife and daughter.
What's the format of the invitation letter and how is different from the introduction letter?
How much was required in your statement of account?

Thank you

The introduction letter is to introduce your wife. The content should include when and where you guys got married, prove that your marriage is subsisting and continuing. It basically depends on your situation. Its just a letter to explain your relationship with your wife and also explain the documents you are attaching to the application package like wedding pictures, naming ceremony pictures since you have a child, other pictures to show that your relationship is genuine, birth certificate of your child, etc.

As for the invitation letter, introduce yourself by stating you name, school and passport no. It should state your wife's name and her passport no. and that you want her to join you in the UK for the reminder of your study. You should also include that you are going to sponsor her throughout her stay in the UK if the money is in your account. You state where you live and that she would be living there with you. If where you live is not suitable for a married couple, include in the letter that as soon as her entry permit is granted, you will arrange suitable accommodation.

Hope this helps...best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by oieda: 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
figel:

The introduction letter is to introduce your wife. The content should include when and where you guys got married, prove that your marriage is subsisting and continuing. It basically depends on your situation. Its just a letter to explain your relationship with your wife and also explain the documents you are attaching to the application package like wedding pictures, naming ceremony pictures since you have a child, other pictures to show that your relationship is genuine, birth certificate of your child, etc.

As for the invitation letter, introduce yourself by stating you name, school and passport no. It should state your wife's name and her passport no. and that you want her to join you in the UK for the reminder of your study. You should also include that you are going to sponsor her throughout her stay in the UK if the money is in your account. You state where you live and that she would be living there with you. If where you live is not suitable for a married couple, include in the letter that as soon as her entry permit is granted, you will arrange suitable accommodation.

Hope this helps...best of luck

Yes it was. Thank you!

Just one other question: what is the monetary requirement that I need to have in the bank for 28 days? My wife and daughter will be coming over.

Thanks again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
oieda:

Yes it was. Thank you!

Just one other question: what is the monetary requirement that I need to have in the bank for 28 days? My wife and daughter will be coming over.

Thanks again.

If you are in London, £845 for each dependant for 9 months

If you are outside London, £680 for each dependant for 9 months

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/576985/PBS_dependent_guidance_January_2017.pdf

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by shark003: 11:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
tolfa:
Good evening friends, please I need your advice urgently....I have applied for tier 4 visa since Jan 5th this year....till now have got no decision mail and it's now more than 15 working days....my school resumed today....and the latest date of arrival is February 15th....I made enquiry...the response was application in progress....
please is there anything I can do to speed up or notify the embassy that am time bound??

cc justwise

How was the result, I hope it's positive.
Stay cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by narpheesarh: 8:59am On Feb 21, 2017
figel:

It was a phone interview.
Please when did they start interview for tier 4 dependants? Was it at the visa application centre or later before you received a decision email Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 9:56am On Feb 21, 2017
narpheesarh:

Please when did they start interview for tier 4 dependants? Was it at the visa application centre or later before you received a decision email Thank you

I have no idea. I was called from Sheffield days after I submitted my application and I was asked questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by narpheesarh: 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
figel:

I have no idea. I was called from Sheffield days after I submitted my application and I was asked questions.
Ok thanks...I'm sorry to bother you, but did you provide evidence of where your husband lives in the Uk. And is this an important document to include.?. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by oieda: 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
figel:

If you are in London, £845 for each dependant for 9 months

If you are outside London, £680 for each dependant for 9 months

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/576985/PBS_dependent_guidance_January_2017.pdf

thanks figel. highly appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tolfa(m): 11:04am On Feb 23, 2017
finally I collected my passport after 7 weeks but I was denied and I want to go for admin review....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by figel(f): 11:27am On Feb 23, 2017
narpheesarh:

Ok thanks...I'm sorry to bother you, but did you provide evidence of where your husband lives in the Uk. And is this an important document to include.?. thanks

To my best of knowledge, it is not necessary. You can show it to prove your husband has a place of abode. It is only necessary if that is where you and your husband will be staying and the accommodation is suitable for married couple. If it is not suitable for a married couple, just ensure that your hubby states on the invitation letter that once your entry permit is granted you will make arrangements for a suitable accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tolfa(m): 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
tolfa:
good morning sir/ma
finally I collected my passport after 7 weeks but I was denied based on a false bank statement to my surprise
I want to go for admin review....please how will I defend the statement of account?

kindly help....

cc @justwise @everyone
please kindly input your suggestions....I will appreciate it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
tolfa:
good morning sir/ma
finally I collected my passport after 7 weeks but I was denied based on a false bank statement to my surprise
I want to go for admin review....please how will I defend the statement of account?

kindly help....

cc @justwise @everyone

Get a letter from your bank to defend the bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tolfa(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
justwise:

Get a letter from your bank to defend the bank statement.
that's all?.....I used a GTB account and I was told they can only give me a reference letter that I actually owns the bank account....is that enough to defend my statement of account?
thanks and God bless sir @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
tolfa:

that's all?.....thanks and God bless sir @justwise

They have to call your bank to verify

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.