Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,264 members, 7,826,025 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339721 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
Congratulations!!!
joudesin:
Just checked the UKVI site and noticed that a decision was made on the 15th.

Awaiting an update from tls

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
cumulus:
Passport ready for collection. That's Monday morning business.

You've gotten a passport collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
cumulus:
Passport ready for collection. That's Monday morning business.
Congratulations all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
Question1:

You've gotten a passport collection mail?
Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
@justwise and everyone,
Just to let everyone know, all the emails I got today were from TLScontact Centre.
I haven't received any email from ukvi nor from Sheffield.
The only email I got from Sheffield was on 17th July regarding ECO.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
cumulus:
@justwise and everyone,
Just to let everyone know, all the emails I got today were from TLScontact Centre.
I haven't received any email from ukvi nor from Sheffield.
The only email I got from Sheffield was on 17th July regarding ECO.
Thank you

That is the way it works sometimes..UKVI or Sheffield don't have to send you an email since your passport has been sent to TLScontact.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Joycers: 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
[quote author=cumulus post=59592097]Online 4th July
Biometrics + interview 6th july
Received by UKVI 7th july
Sheffield mail+ECO 17th July
Decision mail from tlscontact 18th August

Tlscontact tracking site updated 18th August

Congratulations!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 11:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
justwise:

That is the way it works sometimes..UKVI or Sheffield don't have to send you an email since your passport has been sent to TLScontact.

'First email'

Reference: GWF..........

Dear Name,

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

This email and any information transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system.

This is a post-only email address that is not monitored for replies. For questions and more information about visa application, scheduling for an appointment and all other queries please visit the Visa Enquiries section of the UK Visa Application Centre website.

S/N:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
justwise:

'Second email'

Reference: GWF.........

Dear Name,

Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK

Visa Application Centre.

Collection in Person

To retrieve your documents, you will need to provide the following:

If collecting yourself:

Your Application Checklist
Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
If collecting using a representative (NOT APPLICABLE FOR APPLICATIONS LODGED IN NIGERIA, REFER TO OUR WEBSITE):

Your Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)
You can check collection times and the centre address on the Visa Centre Information page of the country

website where you applied.

Important: You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application

Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK

Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will

receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local

courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

This email and any information transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system.

This is a post-only email address that is not monitored for replies. For questions and more information about visa application, scheduling for an appointment and all other queries please visit the Visa Enquiries section of the UK Visa Application Centre website.

S/N:

S/N:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 11:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
@justwise,

Are those two emails regular mails?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:15am On Aug 19, 2017
cumulus:
@justwise,

Thank you.

Absolutely!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 8:00am On Aug 19, 2017
@cumulus
Yes they are regular mails and you are on track.
I only got decision and collection mail from TLS when I renewed my visit visa early in the year, no decision mail from sheffield as well.
All the best.

cumulus:
@justwise,

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by enigmang: 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hello @justwise.

Can my uncle be my sponsor.. (we have the same last name) I need a total of about £28k (school fees and living expense) and i have paid almost £10k to the school. Can i use my uncle's statement of account? Will it be a problem for a 30year old adult?

Please advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
enigmang:
Hello @justwise.

Can my uncle be my sponsor.. (we have the same last name) I need a total of about £28k (school fees and living expense) and i have paid almost £10k to the school. Can i use my uncle's statement of account? Will it be a problem for a 30year old adult?

Please advice

It will be a problem, get the money paid into your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by enigmang: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
justwise:

It will be a problem, get the money paid into your account.

The problem is the 28day requirement.: Is it possible to make the account a Joint account ? Will that work??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by hengabs: 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2017
Guys , please I need your help.

Please has anyone removed their maintenance money from their accounts before their visa came out?

I didnt have a choice, I had to remove a large chunk of it once I printed out my statement. Some people say they don't ask for the acct balance when verifying, just the authenticity of the account and some transactions.

Kindly help share your personal experience as I'm really anxious.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
enigmang:

The problem is the 28day requirement.: Is it possible to make the account a Joint account ? Will that work??

When is your school resuming?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by enigmang: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
Question1:

When is your school resuming?

September 25th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
hengabs:
Guys , please I need your help.

Please has anyone removed their maintenance money from their accounts before their visa came out?

I didnt have a choice, I had to remove a large chunk of it once I printed out my statement. Some people say they don't ask for the acct balance when verifying, just the authenticity of the account and some transactions.

Kindly help share your personal experience as I'm really anxious.

Though I've heard people got their visas despite the removal, but then its very risky for you to do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
enigmang:

I seriously doubt that will work.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Question1:

Though I've heard people got their visas despite the removal, but then its very risky for you to do that.

I don't think so. Unlike some other countries, UK doesn't request for the statement twice BUT it's better to just leave it o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
enigmang:

September 25th

Bros, your best bet is to keep the money in your own personal account to have a smooth and seamless visa application. Plus you still have enough time to count 28days if time is an issue. Just be safe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
Jblade:

I don't think so. Unlike some other countries, UK doesn't request for the statement twice BUT it's better to just leave it o
Do you mean someone can withdraw the money after application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2017
Question1:

Do you mean someone can withdraw the money after application?

I no talk so o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by hengabs: 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
Lol.. I honestly wish I was able to leave it till the visa is out. But that wont be convenient for me. So i'm hoping for the best regardless.

Will appreciate more feedback from people with same experience please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
I thought the uk visa policy says 28days? As for me I believe that shouldn't be a big deal. 2014 I remember my bro removed the cash immediately after 28 days and he was granted visa.

@justwise @mimilyrics.. what's ur opinion ? I'm also interested in this question. It's a sensitive one.

hengabs:
Lol.. I honestly wish I was able to leave it till the visa is out. But that wont be convenient for me. So i'm hoping for the best regardless.

Will appreciate more feedback from people with same experience please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
Yes, 28 days which shows that it is available for your use. If you remove it, what then is your plan for maintenance and tuition upon your arrival in the UK? And with the UK looking at curbing immigration crimes, what if a case file randomly raises some sort of flag and they decide to make deeper checks? You never can tell. That it worked that way in the past doesn't mean that it will in the present.
I'd say it's better to leave it in the account till you receive your visa. That's my own opinion though.

sleyflash:
I thought the uk visa policy says 28days? As for me I believe that shouldn't be a big deal. 2014 I remember my bro removed the cash immediately after 28 days and he was granted visa.

@justwise @mimilyrics.. what's ur opinion ? I'm also interested in this question. It's a sensitive one.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
sleyflash:

This fraudulent activities will lead to policy change in nearest future, i can see British govt introducing blocked account system where by money has to be deposited in British bank with a withdraw limited when you arrive in the UK.

The money in that account is for you to use in the UK and not just to show up then withdrawn.

One of the reasons why some schools started asking for bank statement is because of dishonest behavior like this, lets remember that our actions whether good or bad will have an impact on future prospective students.

That money is not only for 28days then end of the story..no, you need to have that money available for you in the UK because you desperately need that money to survive here

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
justwise:

This fraudulent activities will lead to policy change in nearest future, i can see British govt introducing blocked account system where by money has to be deposited in British bank with a withdraw limited when you arrive in the UK.

The money in that account is for you to use in the UK and not just to show up then withdrawn.

One of the reasons why some schools started asking for bank statement is because of dishonest behavior like this, lets remember that our actions whether good or bad will have an impact on future prospective students.

That money is not only for 28days then end of the story..no, you need to have that money available for you in the UK because you desperately need that money to survive here

Oga.. please there's this lady engaging my brother on the phone..she's a glasgow university rep in Nigeria.... becos he had been initially issued a CAS back in june...but now they gave him a full Tuition waiver all of a sudden...she's saying he has to rent an accomodation...I said Ok ooo...I went ahead and boooked for him..costing 350£ so when he gets there he can always look for another crib...now she's saying he has to pay atleast 700-900£ for the accomodation for another CAS to be re-issued...
I really don't get..whats the relationship btw accommodations and CAS as regards securing a travel VISA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Oga.. please there's this lady engaging my brother on the phone..she's a glasgow university rep in Nigeria.... becos he had been initially issued a CAS back in june...but now they gave him a full Tuition waiver all of a sudden...she's saying he has to rent an accomodation...I said Ok ooo...I went ahead and boooked for him..costing 350£ so when he gets there he can always look for another crib...now she's saying he has to pay atleast 700-900£ for the accomodation for another CAS to be re-issued...
I really don't get..whats the relationship btw accommodations and CAS as regards securing a travel VISA

Students are not forced to pay for an accommodation before CAS is issued.

Find out if that is the condition of the tuition waiver and if the money will be going directly to school account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
justwise:

Students are not forced to pay for an accommodation before CAS is issued.

Find out if that is the condition of the tuition waiver and if the money will be going directly to school account.

Terms and Conditions

The scholarships are only available to nominated candidates who will be registered at the University of Glasgow for one of the eligible programmes. Candidates who change their programmes may no longer be eligible for funding and may be liable for the payment of their full tuition fees.

Scholarship awards cannot be deferred to the following academic year. Nominated candidates must therefore register for their academic programme by the given start date, as specified in their award communication.

Scholarships are awarded for a specific programme of study as stated in the award communication. Nominated candidates should seek permission and obtain consent from the Scholarship Team before making any changes to their programme of study (this includes changing course title, course transfers, suspending studies, etc.).Please note that approval is not guaranteed and where changes are made without prior approval, funding may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the funding in full.

Scholars who withdraw from their programme before completion will be required to repay the funding in full.

Scholarship awards are conditional upon the status for fee-paying purposes being correctly determined by the Admissions team. Funded students whose status is pending or has changed must notify the Scholarship Team immediately.

Scholarships cannot be awarded in conjunction with other discounts or scholarships awarded by the University of Glasgow. Students who are in receipt of any external sponsorship are not eligible to be in receipt of this award.

Scholars may be requested to participate in current and future promotional activities and as such may be interviewed and photographed by our marketing team. Scholars may also be asked to contribute occasionally to the promotion of the University of Glasgow during events organised by the Marketing, Recruitment & International Office. Scholars agree no payment will be made by the University to the funded students for their participation in promotional activities.

Pleas kindly breeze tru condition of award..mayb my English comprehension is getting rusty..e don tay small wey me comot for college...I tot a tuition waiver shouldn't come with much wahala....
They waive tuition for him...they still want make the him get money for account...why can't a family member sponsor the students cost of living...oga just wise...me I no understand...bro no let me rest..

Another thing I need to let u know is that he had been earlier issued a CAS around june..u know I told u turion waiver just fell on him on thursday like a miracle..so It's going to be like an updated CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
justwise:

Very very soon my brother , the way Nigerians are desperate to travel abroad , I see this happening by 2020 or earlier .

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.