Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,058 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1333683 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
noscarn91:

Very very soon my brother , the way Nigerians are desperate to travel abroad , I see this happening by 2020 or earlier .

Please I saw someone write something about biometrics...please in the process of all these visa paroles and final travel...is BVN comparison or verification goin to be involved in anyway..cos his data has one small error which happened at point of registration ..but since it ddnt stop his account from working after linking..he has been using it like that ever since..is there need to go and correct all the detail with the passport details
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
The school is only following the visa rules as per him having the money in his account or his parents. This is to forestall funding issues in the course of the program to be undertaken. Other family members cannot sponsor an applicant.
No where in the Ts and Cs you posted require the payment for accommodation except there's a part of your post that I missed. The UK govt has no fixed cost of accommodation required for T4 visas but you must have a certain amount that can cover monthly living costs for a maximum of 9 months (£1,015 monthly for schools outside London).
The only thing I know that keeps schools from releasing CAS is when no tuition payment has been made but seeing as you have no pending tuition payment I'd say you contact the school to know why they have that condition on the offer.

I'd suggest that you read previous postings on this thread or download the T4 guide on the UKVI website and read through for extensive information.

1StopRudeness:

Terms and Conditions

The scholarships are only available to nominated candidates who will be registered at the University of Glasgow for one of the eligible programmes. Candidates who change their programmes may no longer be eligible for funding and may be liable for the payment of their full tuition fees.

Scholarship awards cannot be deferred to the following academic year. Nominated candidates must therefore register for their academic programme by the given start date, as specified in their award communication.

Scholarships are awarded for a specific programme of study as stated in the award communication. Nominated candidates should seek permission and obtain consent from the Scholarship Team before making any changes to their programme of study (this includes changing course title, course transfers, suspending studies, etc.).Please note that approval is not guaranteed and where changes are made without prior approval, funding may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the funding in full.

Scholars who withdraw from their programme before completion will be required to repay the funding in full.

Scholarship awards are conditional upon the status for fee-paying purposes being correctly determined by the Admissions team. Funded students whose status is pending or has changed must notify the Scholarship Team immediately.

Scholarships cannot be awarded in conjunction with other discounts or scholarships awarded by the University of Glasgow. Students who are in receipt of any external sponsorship are not eligible to be in receipt of this award.

Scholars may be requested to participate in current and future promotional activities and as such may be interviewed and photographed by our marketing team. Scholars may also be asked to contribute occasionally to the promotion of the University of Glasgow during events organised by the Marketing, Recruitment & International Office. Scholars agree no payment will be made by the University to the funded students for their participation in promotional activities.

Pleas kindly breeze tru condition of award..mayb my English comprehension is getting rusty..e don tay small wey me comot for college...I tot a tuition waiver shouldn't come with much wahala....
They waive tuition for him...they still want make the him get money for account...why can't a family member sponsor the students cost of living...oga just wise...me I no understand...bro no let me rest..

Another thing I need to let u know is that he had been earlier issued a CAS around june..u know I told u turion waiver just fell on him on thursday like a miracle..so It's going to be like an updated CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Biometrics registration is the registration of your unique characteristics i.e. Finger prints, your facial image, retina scans, Palm print e.t.c
For visa purposes, finger prints and digital images of one's face which are captured during the application submission process are the 'biometrics' being talked about.

1StopRudeness:

Please I saw someone write something about biometrics...please in the process of all these visa paroles and final travel...is BVN comparison or verification goin to be involved in anyway..cos his data has one small error which happened at point of registration ..but since it ddnt stop his account from working after linking..he has been using it like that ever since..is there need to go and correct all the detail with the passport details
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5hyguy: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
i just received this mail today

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
5hyguy:

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Lol.
When did you apply, and did you purchase priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
To affirm what mimilyric said about the global visa delay, I also read something related to that on both South African and Pakistani UK visa forum... Its a big deal ohh.. Let's keep praying sha.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2017
Question1:
To affirm what mimilyric said about the global visa delay, I also read something related to that on both South African and Pakistani UK visa forum... Its a big deal ohh.. Let's keep praying sha.

I know priority don't exceed 18days, so dy count down
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Terms and Conditions

The scholarships are only available to nominated candidates who will be registered at the University of Glasgow for one of the eligible programmes. Candidates who change their programmes may no longer be eligible for funding and may be liable for the payment of their full tuition fees.

Scholarship awards cannot be deferred to the following academic year. Nominated candidates must therefore register for their academic programme by the given start date, as specified in their award communication.

Scholarships are awarded for a specific programme of study as stated in the award communication. Nominated candidates should seek permission and obtain consent from the Scholarship Team before making any changes to their programme of study (this includes changing course title, course transfers, suspending studies, etc.).Please note that approval is not guaranteed and where changes are made without prior approval, funding may be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the funding in full.

Scholars who withdraw from their programme before completion will be required to repay the funding in full.

Scholarship awards are conditional upon the status for fee-paying purposes being correctly determined by the Admissions team. Funded students whose status is pending or has changed must notify the Scholarship Team immediately.

Scholarships cannot be awarded in conjunction with other discounts or scholarships awarded by the University of Glasgow. Students who are in receipt of any external sponsorship are not eligible to be in receipt of this award.

Scholars may be requested to participate in current and future promotional activities and as such may be interviewed and photographed by our marketing team. Scholars may also be asked to contribute occasionally to the promotion of the University of Glasgow during events organised by the Marketing, Recruitment & International Office. Scholars agree no payment will be made by the University to the funded students for their participation in promotional activities.

Pleas kindly breeze tru condition of award..mayb my English comprehension is getting rusty..e don tay small wey me comot for college...I tot a tuition waiver shouldn't come with much wahala....
They waive tuition for him...they still want make the him get money for account...why can't a family member sponsor the students cost of living...oga just wise...me I no understand...bro no let me rest..

Another thing I need to let u know is that he had been earlier issued a CAS around june..u know I told u turion waiver just fell on him on thursday like a miracle..so It's going to be like an updated CAS

There is no condition regarding accommodation there and you need to contact the school directly to get the CAS updated.

Your brother still needs to have maintenance money in his account for the period of 28days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5hyguy: 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
why d lol, well it was standard and it was on the 7th of august
Question1:

Lol.
When did you apply, and did you purchase priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 7:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
Jblade:

You meant 18 working days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jblade: 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
Question1:

You meant 18 working days?

Including weekends
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
Jblade:

Including weekends

These people are being unfair sha.
Would they be kind enough to refund our money?. Since service won't be provided. Coz 184GBp no be chicken change
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by hengabs: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
@justwise

So I get that you will need the maintenance once you travel...

But Haba! Not everyone is able to cough out almost 16-20k pounds- (sometimes more) at a go and keep for that long (tuition and maintenance)

Doesnt mean we do not deserve good quality education too?

Lets be more empathic here. How many people are able to afford their living expenses for a year from the first month? Deff not everyone. So its indeed quite difficult for some people, particularly self funding students.

Thanks for the feedback @mimilyrics @sleyflash @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hello guys, I am going for interview and biometrics tomorrow at the Abuja visa center. These are my documents I am going with.

1. Two passport photograph.
2. Statement of account printed on the 31st of July 2017.
3. International passport.
4. Weac result Original
5. Original degree Certificate.
6. IHS payment notifications email printout.
7. Introduction Letter.
8. CAS
9. Sign and dated Application form(9 pages)
10. Tuberculosis test certificate.
11. Visa appointment letter.
12. Academic transcript .

Please if there is any remaining documents please let me know so I can start running around from now. And please how can I indicate the oanda rate for the day I submitted my application.

Thanks. Mimilyrics, Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
hengabs:
@justwise

But Haba! Not everyone is able to cough out almost 16-20k pounds- (sometimes more) at a go and keep for that long (tuition and maintenance)

Lets be more empathic here. How many people are able to afford their living expenses for a year from the first month? Deff not everyone. So its indeed quite difficult for some people, particularly self funding students.

Why are you considering the UK to study if money is an issue? There are other cheaper countries you can get quality education if the UK is out of reach without breaking the law.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
CapitalCee:
Hello guys, I am going for interview and biometrics tomorrow at the Abuja visa center. These are my documents I am going with.

4. Weac result Original
7. Introduction Letter.
8. CAS

Please if there is any remaining documents please let me know so I can start running around from now. And please how can I indicate the oanda rate for the day I submitted my application.

I can't think of any
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
You're welcome.
I know what you mean and I'm sure @JustWise knows it's not easy to cough out that much but it's not his job to be emphatic because he has to give you the info the way it is. It won't be okay for him to pad it with sweet words.
The ECOs won't be emphatic at all and it's better to hear it here than from the ECO in another form. The ECOs or the British govt don't care where the money comes from or what stress you went through to get it but it has to be there. To them, it's either it's in the account and available for you to use or It's not. It's their country and their rules, not @Justwise's.

hengabs:
@justwise

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
1. You don't need the passport photograph. Your picture will be taken when you register your biometrics.
4. Take only if it's stated on your CAS.
7. Introduction letter from who?
8. You don't need to submit a printout of your CAS but you'll be needing Your CAS number/info for your interview form.
11. Appointment letter not to be submitted, needed only for entry into the centre so keep it handy for entry.

You can print out the rate for the day and include but the ECOs usually check Oanda for the rate when assessing applications incase of errors in what an applicant quoted

CapitalCee:

4. Weac result Original
7. Introduction Letter.
8. CAS

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2017
justwise:

I can't think of any
Thank you sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2017
mimilyrics:
1. You don't need the passport photograph. Your picture will be taken when you register your biometrics.
4. Take only if it's stated on your CAS.
7. Introduction letter from who?
8. You don't need to submit a printout of your CAS but you'll be needing Your CAS number/info for your interview form.
11. Appointment letter not to be submitted, needed only for entry into the centre so keep it handy for entry.

You can print out the rate for the day and include but the ECOs usually check Oanda for the rate when assessing applications incase of errors in what an applicant quoted

Just a letter to visa officer introducing myself, my career goals and all that. It's just a suggested document from someone sha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
noscarn91:

Very very soon my brother , the way Nigerians are desperate to travel abroad , I see this happening by 2020 or earlier .

Coming to the UK without enough money is suicidal though many don't want to hear this but I will keep saying it.

You can't enjoy the UK student experience if you are so worried about money to pay rent and bills

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
justwise:

Coming to the UK without enough money is suicidal though many don't want to hear this but I will keep saying it.

You can't enjoy the UK student experience if you are so worried about money to pay rent and bills
i swear my brother, i learnt that the hard way, if you fortunate to get a part time job you would find out that most of your wages end up as rent or bills with very little left to travel, meet new people and create memories, if any one truly want to go to that country and live a sane life just come with enough money for at least 8 months rent and bills or else when you finally arrive murtala mohammed after your visa expires , your people will not recognize you because you go don turn skeleton because of suffer.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Aivinpac: 2:49am On Aug 21, 2017
@justwis,@mimilyrics and to all the guys here pls I'd like to know what u think about using a loan letter from the bank as evidence of funds for Tier4 student maintenance where all tuition fee has been payed already if it's acceptable or not ?cos the bnk said they need to see proof of visa before the loan can be released, further more if it's possible will the loan letter alone suffice or it needs to be attached with some other documents e.g affirmative letter from a local govt etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2017
If you're using a loan letter, expect that you might be asked questions on why you took out the loan and how you intend to pay it back during your interview or the ECO might call you to ask before a decision is made if your repayment explanation isn't clear. Also remember that the letter must capture your essential details such as your name, the date of the letter, the amount being released to you, the financial institution's name and logo etc
Normally, educational loans will be fully disbursed to you after the receipt of your visa before you leave Nigeria (or upon your arrival in the uk) or your tuition is paid directly to your Tier 4 Sponsor with the living costs released to you on or before your arrival to the UK.
See attachment for info.

Aivinpac:
@justwis,@mimilyrics and to all the guys here pls I'd like to know what u think about using a loan letter from the bank as evidence of funds for Tier4 student maintenance where all tuition fee has been payed already if it's acceptable or not ?cos the bnk said they need to see proof of visa before the loan can be released, further more if it's possible will the loan letter alone suffice or it needs to be attached with some other documents e.g affirmative letter from a local govt etc.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question2(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2017
I got exactly the same mail on the 15th of August (5days ago) and I submitted and did my biometrics on the 2nd of August. We seems to have the same timeline, the five days difference is due to our respective times of submission 2nd August and 7th August. Please keep me updated, I will do likewise.
Thanks.

5hyguy:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5hyguy: 7:58am On Aug 21, 2017
alright bro i will
Question2:
I got exactly the same mail on the 15th of August (5days ago) and I submitted and did my biometrics on the 2nd of August. We seems to have the same timeline, the five days difference is due to our respective times of submission 2nd August and 7th August. Please keep me updated, I will do likewise.
Thanks.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2017
HOW CONVENIENT FOR YOU TO TRY TO JUSTIFY ILLEGALITY AND EVEN TRYING TO HOODWINK FOLKS HERE BY SAYING THE RULES WERE WRITTEN IN THE PAST TENSE FORMAT.

YOU DECIDED TO IGNORE THE PART OF THE RULE WHICH SAYS THE MAINTENANCE MONEY MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE WHILE IN THE UK.

Please, my brother/sister: Stop propagating illegality and misinformation here.

Thank you.

@Aivinpac

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ademuyiz(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2017
LaaJiblik:
HOW CONVENIENT FOR YOU TO TRY TO JUSTIFY ILLEGALITY AND EVEN TRYING TO HOODWINK FOLKS HERE BY SAYING THE RULES WERE WRITTEN IN THE PAST TENSE FORMAT.

YOU DECIDED TO IGNORE THE PART OF THE RULE WHICH SAYS THE MAINTENANCE MONEY MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE WHILE IN THE UK.

Please, my brother/sister: Stop propagating illegality and misinformation here.

Thank you.

Calm down bro, there's nothing for him/her to gain from misleading people. They are talking from their own personal experience which I think is valid. There are always different perspectives to things.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 9:15am On Aug 21, 2017
@cumulus
We await your positive update today o. congratulations in advance.

cumulus:
Online 4th July
Biometrics + interview 6th july
Received by UKVI 7th july
Sheffield mail+ECO 17th July
Decision mail from tlscontact 18th August

Tlscontact tracking site updated 18th August

That is the story so far.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Teegirl101(f): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2017
LaaJiblik:

[/b]If I were you, I wouldn't do that. I would use an existing account. It's suspicious to just have new account, no previous transactions, no latter transactions. Just 1 huge deposit of over 4,000,000 naira. Then a statement. I hope you realise that the bank statement you will then submit will simply be 1 page and 1 line?[b]

I'm sorry I disagree with the above, I did same,(new acct wt bulk cash deposit) for my last appication and was approved with no delay. As Justwise reponded likewise..... follow suit.
BOL
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Susom(f): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2017
How sure are you? I paid for Priority and it is 19 days/ 13 working dayss- Is the information DAYS OR WORKING DAYS?
Jblade:

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.