Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? (807 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by Epi: 6:28am On Apr 04, 2009
Is it possible to love someone but not be in love with them? undecided undecided

He said “I love my wife because she is the sweetest person on earth, very kind, an excellent mother to my six (6) kids but I am not in love with her.  isn't that weird?

ps. i stretched the number (6) of kids, however they have more than 3 kids
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by Akinagirl(f): 7:17am On Apr 04, 2009
Not really. You can love and not be "In love" with someone.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by Sissy3(f): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2009
nope, not weird at all, loving someone is not the same as "being in love with the person" there is a big difference
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by acehood(m): 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2009
yep its not dumb sad cool
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by Epi: 3:14am On Apr 05, 2009
I love my BVI ex but I am not in love with him, that I understand.
Yes, i can love someone over the Internet and not be in love with them, that I understand too.
I can llove my best friends but not be in love with them, i understand that too.
However, I can't understand a HUSBAND saying "I love my wife but i am not in love with her." I don't know how to explain it but I know it's not possible. Something is not right, just don't make sense.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by tpia: 3:19am On Apr 05, 2009
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by Nobody: 3:43am On Apr 05, 2009
this is an argument over semantics. The man likes his wive's qualities but does not love her chikena.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by Epi: 4:22am On Apr 05, 2009
davidylan:

this is an argument over semantics. The man likes his wive's qualities but does not love her chikena.
what's chikena?

tpia:

I think loving someone is better than being in love with them.

however, that husband shouldnt be saying such things in public- its as if he's trying to imply something.
the wife complained to me about him seeing an 18 year old.  I repeat, she is 18 and the husband can be her father because he is old(30something).  The saddest part is the 18 year old is going out with him. weird right?.

it's wrong b/c he gave the wife so many kids and it's going to be hard for her to get a boyfriend with so many kids(she just had a baby), i am assuming.  you know, the wife was around 18 when he met/married her.

The wife is a very nice young  lady and i am going to do everything to make it work.  I am trying to find a way to talk to that 18 year old but the wife is afraid to get the 18 year old number for me. hmmm

My mum say to stay out because it's cultural but i can't b/c it's not right
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by Czarskit(m): 5:53am On Apr 05, 2009
~ Chikena = Finish, Done, Gbam, Pere (but in Hausa). ~
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by SeanT21(f): 6:23am On Apr 05, 2009
"Loving" someone is different from "Being in Love" with the person.

I "love" the lady walking down the street but I am not "IN LOVE" with her.I "love" my Math Teacher but I am not "In Love" with him.I never been "In love" with someone before but I have loved and do love many.Being "In Love" is a special feeling you share with your special someone.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by biina: 6:34am On Apr 05, 2009
Lets forget about the semantics jare,  'cos the whole thing sounds like something a guy would say to get laid.
Another example: I have sex with her, but make love to you.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:37am On Apr 05, 2009
Better mind your business

It's a very pathetic situation but it's her fight, not yours
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by tpia: 6:47am On Apr 05, 2009
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by MaiSuya(m): 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2009
This is a simple case: the man obviously loves her for mothering his children, but his love her as a person - his wife - is all but dried up.

@epi, I think you should follow the advise of your mum; you don't want to get yourself entangled in what could become a very messy issue.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by prittigrrr(f): 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2009
Yes, this is possible but shouldnt be the case among a married couple. Being in love is an emotion you make a choice to maintain. It has to be nurtured and kept alive. Many times a woman will keep her love alive for her husband but some husbands dont reciprocate. It is much easier to get a new 'fresh' lady when your wife has changed with time.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by Epi: 12:15am On Apr 07, 2009
prittigrrr:

Yes, this is possible but shouldnt be the case among a married couple. Being in love is an emotion you make a choice to maintain. It has to be nurtured and kept alive. Many times a woman will keep her love alive for her husband but some husbands dont reciprocate. It is much easier to get a new 'fresh' lady when your wife has changed with time.
My God, you have hit the nail on its head because that's exactly how i see it.

@Mai and Thief:

It's like this -you ever wish there was something you could do change the world or the people in it. Sometimes I wish I could stop people from hurting other people, stop poverty, stop hunger, stop war. . . .just stop anything that is negative.

What is so frustrating is even though you help, you feel as if you are suffocating because the problem is still there. It hurts and it’s so frustrating. Yes, I am keeping out but it hurts.

@ all:

thanks for your responses

1love
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone But Not Be In Love With Them? by tope2000(f): 12:22am On Apr 07, 2009
davidylan:

Then what is the point of marrying her?? undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do In This Situation? / Can U Marry A Girl That Is Neva Afraid Of Slapping U / Ladies, How Will You Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.