Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi (16040 Views)

Five States Meet Conditions For N90Billion Federal Bailout / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access / Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by Adesiji77: 5:40am On Sep 06, 2015
Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi on Saturday said the Federal Government bailout of N26.6bn to the state would not be enough to pay all the outstanding salaries owed the state workers.

Ajimobi, who spoke during a programme on Splash FM, Ibadan and monitored by our correspondent, said the state government must look for more money from other sources to ensure all outstanding salaries of workers were paid this month. He added that the FG bailout would be accessed this week.

“Next (this) week, we should be able to access the Federal Government bailout of N26.6bn. Local Government workers will get N9.3bn from the sum while the state government workers will get the remaining N17.3bn. As of today, we owe the state workers N21.3bn but all we could get from the bailout is N17.3bn. So if we get the money today, we will still have to look for more money to balance the account so that all the debt can be paid,” the governor said.

Oyo State gets about N3bn monthly allocation from the federation account and gets about N1.2bn as Internally Generated Revenue.

Ajimobi said government should be apportioned the bulk of the blame for the economic woes facing Nigeria. He also reiterated his administration’s decision to stop sponsoring pilgrims as part of measures to reduce cost of governance in the state.

He added, “We should blame the culture of spending without saving, lifestyles of Nigerians, ourselves and government for the position we find ourselves today. We have not managed the economy well but government should take the larger blame. So much money had been stolen.’’
http://www.punchng.com/news/bailout-not-enough-to-clear-debts-ajimobi/ lalasticlala

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by DickDastardly(m): 5:43am On Sep 06, 2015
Oliver Twist

5 Likes

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by HerexG(m): 5:44am On Sep 06, 2015
kk
Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by Paschal001: 5:46am On Sep 06, 2015
OK.. .
Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by mikolo80: 5:55am On Sep 06, 2015
make dem hang till next month na to clear the 3 bn extra I think say na like 300 bn dem de owe
Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by segzyj(m): 5:56am On Sep 06, 2015
Why will it be Enough for him when Tinubu will collect his own 25% share from it

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by laurel03(m): 6:03am On Sep 06, 2015
Wicked leader... I sure ur own security votes not affected...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by laurel03(m): 6:05am On Sep 06, 2015
Must states wait for federal govt allocations? No state in Nigeria that God does not deposited enough minerals resources for...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by Pearlyakin(m): 6:08am On Sep 06, 2015
Edmond obilo,voices....

2 Likes

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by nationwide1(m): 6:13am On Sep 06, 2015
But these were the people who said they can survive without oil.

I always advise anything that can be done to have a peaceful and indivisible Nigeria should be taken very seriously, but some ignorant folks for reasons best known to them would be saying let "Biafra go".

Now him don confess. Ok, mek una go help Gov Ajimobi pay him workers now.

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by ladyF(f): 6:13am On Sep 06, 2015
H3 should better look for how to boost his IGR instead of waiting for FG, hard times are coming!

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by Tallesty1(m): 6:15am On Sep 06, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 06, 2015
nationwide1:

I always advise anything that can be done to have a peaceful and indivisible Nigeria should be taken very seriously, but some ignorant folks for reasons best known to them would be saying let "Biafra go".

Leave all their noise. They can't do without oil- at least FOR NOW!

Just imagine N3.2 billion monthly allocation ceases to come! That will be chaos.

28 Likes

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by afroniger: 6:25am On Sep 06, 2015
nationwide1:

Don't kid yourself, every Nigerian state can survive without Oil. The real problem is mismanagement. QED.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by afroniger: 6:25am On Sep 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Leave all their noise. They can't do without oil- at least FOR NOW!

Don't kid yourself, every Nigerian state can survive without Oil. The real problem is mismanagement. QED.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by nzeobi(m): 6:30am On Sep 06, 2015
This bail out for me is temporary. decline in oil price means most states will continue to struggle.
Except if the FG will bail them every 6 months

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by fromnigeria(m): 6:34am On Sep 06, 2015
Adesiji77:
http://www.punchng.com/news/bailout-not-enough-to-clear-debts-ajimobi/ lalasticlala
Aside the fact that many would still become jobless, I still believe The Local Government is a Liability to Nigeria.

They rarely perform any meaning function or contribute anything to Nigeria.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by nationwide1(m): 6:38am On Sep 06, 2015
afroniger:

Dividing Nigeria is never the solution to our problem. I wish the leaders can see it with my eyes.

America is larger in size and population than Nigeria, yet they live peacefully. China is larger in size and population than Nigeria, yet they live peacefully.

Our leaders must look for the brain behind agitation for division and put an end to it once and for all. I don't mean by war/victimization. I mean at a round table. For me, what cannot be solved at a table can never be solved through the barrel of the gun.

God bless Nigeria.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by jomoh: 6:46am On Sep 06, 2015
If only we have Leaders who are not intellectually lazy and selfish, every state in Nigeria should be able to survive on its own.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2015
I wonder which government he was referring to as the thief there...BTW 95% of APC states have accumulated debts that will keep their different states down for the next 20-30years...APC leaders are the definition of everything evil and corruption in Nigeria because they have NOTORIOUS thieves whose record beats counterparts in PDP...

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by UncleJudax(m): 6:50am On Sep 06, 2015
nationwide1:

Lol
Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 06, 2015
afroniger:

I laugh! We've been hearing that for decades! Within the current structure on ground, many states won't survive without OIL in the NOW. There's no gainsaying that.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by dareking48pro: 6:52am On Sep 06, 2015
This is serious... M outta thread!
Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by PassingShot(m): 6:55am On Sep 06, 2015
This coming from Ajimobi is very shameful. It's so unfortunate that Nigerian politicians can be successful managing their personal business but almost always fail to manage the affairs of their state they govern.

I cry for my state. I cry not only because of the current situation of things especially with this directionless and visionless governor BUT because I don't see any hope of a good administrator coming on board after this man.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by WisdomFlakes: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2015
PassingShot:
This coming from Ajimobi is very shameful. It's so unfortunate that Nigerian politicians can be successful managing their personal business but almost always fail to manage the affairs of their state they govern.

I cry for my state. I cry not only because of the current situation of things especially with this directionless and visionless governor BUT because I don't see any hope of a good administrator coming on board after this man.

Actually I think he was quoted out of context, here's another version of the same interview:

According to him: “We will not sack anybody but we will restructure them to productive areas, though we know we have an over-bloated workforce.”

On the ways out for Oyo State, he said: “We want to set a template like Lagos on our IGR and I promise that by September 2016, we should be able to increase our revenue from N1.2 billion to N2.3 billion. We will also block leakages .

“The bail-out is like a long term bond which will be serviced with 9 per cent. It is illegal to do otherwise and not pay workers’ salaries with the bail-out.”

On the introduction of development levy in public secondary schools, he reiterated: “I would not call that fees. We pay N54, 000 on each student.

“Before we arrived at this, we have convened a stakeholders’ meeting where it was recommended that each student should be made to pay N10, 000 annually but I said no; that it should not be more than N1000 per term, making N3000 per session.

“However, we will consider the poor but indigent students as the scholarship board will be strengthened to cater for them.”

He said the stoppage of sponsorship of pilgrimage was temporary, adding, as the last pillar of Islam, hajj is for those who could afford it.

“Oyo was the highest sponsor of pilgrimage in the last four years. Though we would have loved to continue but the dwindling economy would not allow us. So, they should bear with us pending the time the economy will improve.”

He said he has not appointed political office holders because he was taking his time to get the best to man the 13 ministries.

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-were-in-economic-mess-by-ajimobi/

15 Likes

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by Aikon: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2015
Ok. oya return it then. Let it be shared to the rest of the states

3 Likes

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by loomer: 7:01am On Sep 06, 2015
U no sabi generate revenue or na Federal government go always spoon feed all una?

And by the way, what do you guys do with taxes paid by people of the states self

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by ThePENGENIUS(m): 7:01am On Sep 06, 2015
Ok. So?

Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by DankemzI(m): 7:01am On Sep 06, 2015
cool

Nigeria Is getting out of hand! Buhari appoint Ministers
Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by asscb(f): 7:02am On Sep 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi by ademega(m): 7:04am On Sep 06, 2015
thieves
it can never be enough because CBN plan it in such a way that govs can't even spend out of the bail out on anything other than paying workers salary

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics / BREAKING: National Assembly Transmits Amended Electoral Bill To Buhari / Plot To Sack Secondus As PDP Chairman Thickens, Wike Withdraws Support For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.