Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert (23263 Views)

What Do You Hate About Your Current Relationship? / 10 Signs An Introvert Is In Love With You / What Do You Hate About Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
Antoinne:

You see, turning down the party invitation has nothing to do with being introvert, but more to do with being timid or lacking of will. And that's not a good thing for your future self. If you do want to go to that party, nothing should stop you from going, exercising your freedom while there and not crossing the boundaries you've set for yourself. Bascially, living your life. And if what you want to do is to simply sit at home, then that's what you should just do and enjoy same while at it. Without feeling left out.

Just had to put that out there undecided

Excusé moi? Noboby & I mean, NO ONE, would ever describe me as lacking in will, plus being timid. Not even if they were high, drunk or sustained brain injury. Oh & I think I know what personality type I have so you can kindly keep your opinions to yourself about that.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Antoinne: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmcdad:

This is spot on.

Bruv, to be frank with you, I love my life like no other. I posted something earlier on in response to someone's post. That, boredom is a non-existing word in my Dictionary. I have friends who call sometimes and tell me they wanna come around as they are bored. Then I ask myself; why don't I get bored too?

When I tell people I have never been to a club before, they say I am missing out. What the heck! Missing out on what? You have to figure out what makes you happy and do that as much as possible to always stay happy. Like you rightly stated, the person you wish to become more like could just be wishing they could be like you.

People need to see the positive side of things. Introversion is not a burden, neither is it a curse. Its a great blessing.
2 gbosas! for you grin
Now that you mentioned it, I'm actually trying to remember the last time I thought I was bored... undecided
Not when my maaaany books are around me.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by dmcdad: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
Antoinne:

You see, turning down the party invitation has nothing to do with being introvert, but more to do with being timid or lacking of will. And that's not a good thing for your future self. If you do want to go to that party, nothing should stop you from going, exercising your freedom while there and not crossing the boundaries you've set for yourself. Bascially, living your life. And if what you want to do is to simply sit at home, then that's what you should just do and enjoy same while at it. Without feeling left out.

Just had to put that out there undecided
Gbam!

Sometimes when I attend a party or a get-together with friends, I do enjoy of them and sometimes exclaim; mehn, flexing dey sweet die! The next time you call me for such, I might just say I ain't going. Thing is, I wouldn't even give a heck and no form of regret whatsoever.

In recent times I have come to enjoy parties more. But then, I go to one in every 3 or 4. So, its a matter of choice and disposition at any point in time.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Antoinne: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Excusé moi? Noboby & I mean, NO ONE, would ever describe me as lacking in will, plus being timid. Not even if they were high, drunk or sustained brain injury. Oh & I think I know what personality type I have so you can kindly keep your opinions to yourself about that.
Well...that's how you came across. Why reject an invitation to a party when you really want to go?
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Antoinne: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmcdad:

Sometimes when I attend a party or a get-together with friends, I do enjoy of them and sometimes exclaim; mehn, flexing dey sweet die! The next time you call me for such, I might just say I ain't going. Thing is, I wouldn't even give a heck and no form of regret whatsoever.
I feel you, bro. You describe me here. You can't hit the nail on the head any better. That's what introversion should be like; that's what it should be like when you turn down party invitations.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by dmcdad: 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
Antoinne:

2 gbosas! for you grin
Now that you mentioned it, I'm actually trying to remember the last time I thought I was bored... undecided
Not when my maaaany books are around me.
Imagine....
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
Antoinne:

Well...that's how you came across. Why reject an invitation to a party when you really want to go?

I come across to whom? I reject them because I really don't like a place with too many people because it involves a lot of fake niceness & useless chit chat about nothing. Have you ever pretended to be interested in some lame story someone was telling, while inside you're groaning & not really caring? THAT is exactly why I don't go to big gatherings. Not everyone you're going to click with on a mental level, so I'd rather be by myself than listen to someone going blah blah blah about BS I care very little about.

Btw, who died & put you in charge of endorsing who & who isn't an introvert? Hmmm..
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Cutehector(m): 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Eniqurl:
I hate the fact that people think am proud.
maybe its becaus ur outward appearance makes dem think so and the airs u giv
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Adaeze003(f): 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Snowangel4:
I am an introvert,but people say I am too proud and arrogant . It is so depressing embarassed embarassed

Lemme guess, you don't smile allot?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Eniqurl(f): 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
Cutehector:
maybe its becaus ur outward appearance makes dem think so and the airs u giv
Prolly. I know am nt proud Sha
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Eniqurl(f): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
mrkay101:

Damn Girl u fine!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Thnks mister.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Cutehector(m): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Eniqurl:
Prolly. I know am nt proud Sha
alryt... cheesy so urm u woild gv me ur number ryt?
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Eniqurl(f): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
Cutehector:
alryt... cheesy so urm u woild gv me ur number ryt?
No tongue Gimme your needle.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Cutehector(m): 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
Eniqurl:
No tongue Gimme your needle.
needle aint working embarassed
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by prettyJoy22(f): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
I hate when people think am proud cuz I don't associate much...in reality all I want is just to enjoy my alone time undecided
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
I hate the fact that after a tiring semester and I'm back home I don't get to leave my room .. It's kinda lonely but sometimes it just the way I like it.... And worse even in school I don't have friends in always#just there
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Eniqurl(f): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
Cutehector:
needle aint working embarassed
ohk, ur digit?
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Ajibel(m): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
I hate to make new friends and I can't keep friends for long
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
klassiquette:
I hate the fact that after a tiring semester and I'm back home I don't get to leave my room .. It's kinda lonely but sometimes it just the way I like it.... And worse even in school I don't have friends in always#just there
I hope yu are having a wonderful time grin "Happy Birthday"
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
Lacomus:
I cool hope yu are having a wonderful time grin "Happy Birthday"
Wow... Thanks I appreciate
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
klassiquette:

Wow... Thanks I appreciate
ur welcome, one more thing pls don't be an introvert today grin the day is worth a stroll, party or something.
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
Lacomus:
ur welcome, one more thing pls don't be an introvert today grin the day is worth a stroll, party or something.
Well I'm in my room... Maybe next year
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
klassiquette:

Well I'm in my room... Maybe next year
hahahahahahahahaha,lol, lmfao, I can't stop laughing, wht are yu reading ?
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Lacomus:
hahahahahahahahaha,lol, lmfao, I can't stop laughing, wht are yu reading ?
Just movies
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Cutehector(m): 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
Eniqurl:
ohk, ur digit?
u seen it?
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Eniqurl(f): 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
Cutehector:
u seen it?
Yh
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by lacasera14(m): 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
If you wanna join our introverts whatsapp group "the introverts lounge " add this number and send a message to it, like I " add me to the group ".08176538870
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Peachess(f): 10:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
Antoinne:

All you introverts suckling here like babies need one thing: psychiatric help. Buzz a doc or visit a clinic.

If you having troubles being an introvert, expressing yourself, then you are no different from the extrovert who continually ends up in problems with his/her loquaciousness. Come on, guys!

Introversion is only one side to you. You can be introverted and still have a girlfriend you spend or don't spend hours on end on the phone with. You can be an introvert and still go to or not go to parties. It's as you like it.
You can be an introvert and still stay indoor all day long musing to yourself and engaging your thoughts. And this without feeling left out. And oh yes, you can be an introvert and keep quiet all day not talking to anyone. Ready, though, when needed, to express your opinions and make your stand clear.

Separate being an introvert from being timid and lacking will. Separate them. You guys need to work on yourselves. undecided
Dude shut the fùçk up! What the hell is wrong with you? Can't remember tagging your moniker or asking for your opinion, are you crazy or something? What's the topic about? I only replied can't see where I whined about anything, or do you have comprehension problems? You're actually the one who need a psychiatrist because only crazy people go about not minding their business. People have different personalities...that doesn't mean they have a problem just because they're who they are, okay? IDÌÒT!

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by eazylion01(m): 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
I hate the fact that some people think you are boring or a dummy cos u keep to urself,most girls do. Think i'm boring at first,till we getfamilair. I Remember during nysc i was posted to a secondary sch,it wasn't easy at first,but the studnts got to like me at the long run. By the waywould love to meetother introverts here,i love getting out of my shell once in awhile,plus this is a faceless forum
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Antoinne: 10:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I come across to whom? I reject them because I really don't like a place with too many people because it involves a lot of fake niceness & useless chit chat about nothing. Have you ever pretended to be interested in some lame story someone was telling, while inside you're groaning & not really caring? THAT is exactly why I don't go to big gatherings. Not everyone you're going to click with on a mental level, so I'd rather be by myself than listen to someone going blah blah blah about BS I care very little about.

Btw, who died & put you in charge of endorsing who & who isn't an introvert? Hmmm..

That's what you said below. "Turning down invitations where i could be having so much fun..." I didn't say it. You said so. Now, following that I've merely expressed my opinion. Didn't do no bad. If you didn't like "a place with too many people because it involves a lot of fake niceness & useless chit chat about nothing", I don't think you'd suppose you could be "having so much fun" there. Would you?

Well, maybe it's just me. Maybe that's some English i don't understand undecided

Take it easy on yourself. You see, there's one trait characteristic of timid people: they get overly defensive when caught hand in the soup pot grin

Turning down party invitations where I could be having so much fun, just to go sit in front the tv bored out of my mind (when the programming sucks on the day)
Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Antoinne: 11:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Peachess:

Dude shut the fùçk up! What the hell is wrong with you? Can't remember tagging your moniker or asking for your opinion, are you crazy or something? What's the topic about? I only replied can't see where I whined about anything, or do you have comprehension problems? You're actually the one who need a psychiatrist because only a crazy person will go about not minding his business. People have different personalities, okay? IDÌÒT!

Re: What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert by Lordnewton1(m): 12:31am On Sep 10, 2015
Am also one of you guys and the only thing i crave for is Understanding. No one ever understands me even when i try to express my self the words just dont flow accordingly cause i stutter a little. So av learnt to try solving my problems myself and its acutually working for me.
Am also trying hard to keep up with the extroverts its not been easy with lots of pressure from every angle because after you try to express yourself like them they will always expect you to act that way even when you need your personal space. Some of them just be like which kind of human being is this
And currently most girls in my class thinks i snub them because they act all excited when they see me but i be like "fine, thank you "three of them dont even respond to my greetings anymore they think am proud buht they just dont know how timid i am on the inside and how much i want to communicate with them. All this pressures from social gatherings makes me try to adjust to fit in other not to be left out and in the end i just get worn out and tired of pretending which makes me just wana get home. My friends are always complaining of that, asking me why i always want to get home the just dont know am very different from them and just trying to fit in. The stories goes on and on just remembered secondary school was hell fire, was emotionally disturbed was literarily scared of girls dont know how to communicate with them even those who had a crush on me was not sure of me cause to them am like too serious dont wat would be my reaction. A girl told me that i'm not even gentle but silent, some say pretender while others deceptive and proud.
Let me stop here I know many of you in this thread might NOT READ MY comment cause its verbose...too much words. But am heavily relieved posting it here among our kind cause we understand each other...love to know that there's some one out there who is like me, who understands so now i dont feel alone. (so much words for an introvert- cause am comfortable among my kind). Thanks for reading

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Greatest Lie You Have Ever Heard From A Partner? / Slim And Sexy Black Women Of Instagram. (Thread For Guys That Like Slim Girls). / Why Do Most Guys Feel It's Only "Churcheous" And Good Girls That Are Virgins??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.