Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

From Russia with love - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Russia with love (11984 Views)

Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram / Nigeria Buys New Aircraft From Russia / Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
what is all these noise about military budget? that it takes one country billions to to build weapons doesn't mean the other can't build something better with millions.

US vs Russia will be disastrous for humanity and no one can tell who will survive it.
Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
Obiagelli:
what is all these noise about military budget? that it takes one country billions to to build weapons doesn't mean the other can't build something better with millions.

US vs Russia will be disastrous for humanity and no one can tell who will survive it.
The US is the greatest exporter of weapons despite the fact that she selects the countries to sell to.
Russia sells to everybody and yet can't match the US in sales.
That shows you the disparity in quality of technology and acceptability.
The huge gap in quality is a product of the huge difference in defence budgets.

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
CSTR2:
"It is evenly matched in old-fashioned dog fights."
"old fashioned "dog fight more like old fashioned mediocrity.
What makes the F-22 the greatest in the world is not "old fashioned" dogfights.
There are more far important qualities in the F-22 that will ensure its superiority in an air to air combat.
The F-22 will hit you before you even get a chance for a dogfight.
And yes the Eurotyphoon is very good, but i would still put my money on an F-22.

There is no way they won't end up in a dog fight between the two super power, Infact it's going the major decider. The SUs are masters of maneuver.
Re: From Russia with love by dickoflife(m): 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
spiralwedge:

ur papa
ur insults has not stopped him from paying my bills for trips abroad and going to that russia you so much despise.... What has ur father achieved?

2 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

There is no way they won't end up in a dog fight between the two super power, Infact it's going the major decider. The SUs are masters of maneuver.
The americans are masters of stealth technology.
Weaken you significantly before you even see them.
Not to forget the fact that the US has an overwhelming superiority in number of airframes.
And that is not even bringing NATO into consideration.
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
CSTR2:
The US is the greatest exporter of weapons despite the fact that she selects the countries to sell to.
Russia sells to everybody and yet can't match the US in sales.
That shows you the disparity in quality of technology and acceptability.
The huge gap in quality is a product of the huge difference in defence budgets.
The US has more allies than Russia
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
CSTR2:
The americans are masters of stealth technology.
Weaken you significantly before you even see them.
Not to forget the fact that the US has an overwhelming superiority in number of airframes.
And that is not even bringing NATO into consideration.
War isn't something we can discuss and conclude just like that, have you considered whos side China will take?

just BTW

The SU 35 has better flight range ( 346 nautical miles) farther than the F-22 and higher cruise speed at long distance flight.

2 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

The US has more allies than Russia
Allies only go where their bread is buttered.
Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

War isn't something we can discuss and conclude just like that, have you considered whos side China will take?

just BTW

The SU 35 has better flight range ( 346 nautical miles) farther than the F-22 and higher cruise speed at long distance flight.
China? Bleh.
I'd rather have NATO than china.
Btw, i don"t think china would risk its neck for russia.
They are not that stupidd.
SU-35 vs F-22? More bleh.
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
CSTR2:
Allies only go where their bread is buttered.
Let's hope iran and Israel become allies some day

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

Let's hope iran and Israel become allies some day
There is nothing to gain from iran.
Saudi would even make a better ally.
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
CSTR2:
China? Bleh. I'd rather have NATO than china. Btw, i don"t think china would risk its neck for russia. They are not that stupidd. SU-35 vs F-22? More bleh.
US Vs Russia automatically brings everyone onboard.
And yes SU 35 Vs F22
Re: From Russia with love by spiralwedge(m): 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
dickoflife:
ur insults has not stopped him from paying my bills for trips abroad and going to that russia you so much despise.... What has ur father achieved?

you mean your papa pays your tickets??!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

small boy!!! I fit be your father. So you think na small small boys dey here wey you go dey show-off to? grin grin

In that your "beloved" Russia, you can't come near me talkless of replying me back. Its easy to know all these boys from Voronezh or Vladimir or some remote areas claiming to know something.

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by theSpark(m): 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
CSTR2:
There is nothing to gain from iran.
Saudi would even make a better ally.

Saudi and Israel are undercover lovers. It's just not yet out.
Re: From Russia with love by sdindan: 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
CSTR2:
Russia is not the most powerful country in the world militarily.
Even putin knows this.
You like russia doesn't mean you should lie to yourself.

Guy do you know that Russia supplies Gas to rest of Europe?
Do you know that Russia is the major Sponsor of Assad regime in Syria
Have you asked yourself why Russia have not been sanction by the Euro?
Russia fear no foes, cos If you dare them they will off the gas supply
You know the rest.
They have the military and others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

And yes SU 35 Vs F22
ur General knowledge is admirable
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

And yes SU 35 Vs F22
Re: From Russia with love by dickoflife(m): 12:03am On Sep 15, 2015
spiralwedge:

you mean your papa pays your tickets??!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

small boy!!! I fit be your father. So you think na small small boys dey here wey you go dey show-off to? grin grin

In that your "beloved" Russia, you can't come near me talkless of replying me back. Its easy to know all these boys from Voronezh or Vladimir or some remote areas claiming to know something.
lols yes he pays and. Wherever I am or go to is not ur concern u can't be my father, he has people who do campaigns no time to exchange words with a kid that I am from a fool like u. By the way in nija presently till october then to turkey for a week en route krasnodar. Payed for by stupid tax payers like you. Anything else?
Re: From Russia with love by Appleyard(m): 12:23am On Sep 15, 2015
Lol!Dcheesy
Re: From Russia with love by Appleyard(m): 12:30am On Sep 15, 2015
You can say that over and all over again! There is no other country on planet earth that is as "will strong"
as the Russians. In fact, if those who wrote the word "will" in the dictionary were aware of the Russians faith and spirit, they would have use them as a point of reference.

The mental, physical, political, and economic disposition of Russians towards the motherland, is the best definition for the term "patriotism".

Russia all the way!

4 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 15, 2015
Appleyard:
You can say that over and all over again! There is no other country on planet earth that is as "will strong"
as the Russians. In fact, if those who wrote the word "will" in the dictionary were aware of the Russians faith and spirit, they would have use them as a point of reference.

The mental, physical, political, and economic disposition of Russians towards the motherland, is the best definition for the term "patriotism".

Russia all the way!
Please [abeg] and please lend me 2 mins of your time and 50kb of you data and kindly vote for me here https://mobile.twitter.com/runzlord/status/639602054546255872?p=v
The link to the voting page is in that status, cos I can't post the link directly on Nairaland due to Nairaland restrictions. Thank you very much.

It a a palm selfie contest by samsung.
Re: From Russia with love by Appleyard(m): 12:39am On Sep 15, 2015
Wow! Obama's ISIS in trouble!gringrin

how i would love to see that bad a*s, highly maneuverable and speedy Su35 fighter jets Bombing the living daylight off the Islamic State of Satan.cheesy

Men! Go, Putin! Go Russia!

Rossiya all tha way till Mugabe finish straffing Obo-do-ama!
Re: From Russia with love by Appleyard(m): 12:56am On Sep 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization otherwise commonly referred to as NATO and which comprises of the US, UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Portugal and a host of Scandanavian and Baltic states was formed specifically to check the red Army of the CCCP. Today after the collapse of USSR, NATO still exists to check the mighty Rusian bear.

The only advantage the US has over Rusdia is in aircraft carriers. Outside this Russia has for every NATO tank 5 and you can not compare the Russian air and non conventional aerial strikes capabilities to the US. For every long, mid and short range missile NATO has, Russia has 10!

During the Thatcher era, it was widely believed that Russsia will occupy all of western Europe in less than 72hrs if they chose to and that the only deterrent was the MAD ( Mutual Assured Destruction) nuclear response that NATO planned to unleash.

Don't mess with mother Russia. From the first post here, you can see how many have met their Waterloo by thinking they could take on the mother bear.

Truer words have never be said!cheesy Alot of folks are still finding it hard to sieve fiction from reality. But that is the prize when people watch too much of Hollywood!

5 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 15, 2015
Is there "communist nostalgia" in Africa like there is in some post Soviet countries? I know Nigeria wasn't communist in the cold war, but just in general does communism have the same stigma attached to it that it does in the west? I'm not African, I'm just trying to learn about it now because school didn't really teach much about Africa (only when it came to European colonialism...) and our media is so sensationalist you'd think everybody has ebola or is a starving child digging through the trash in Africa. Is America's troubled history with race something that pushes people to side with Russia/China? I can see how Russia would be more attractive because of that (pic related), but Russia has also changed a lot since the USSR, and the USSR was far from perfect while it existed too. Or does the cold war not really effect public opinion in Africa anymore? Here it's still common to compare countries to the Soviet Union as a scare tactic.

For the record I think the US/Russia are two sides of the same coin and are just out to build their own empires, although the US is probably more exploitative of third world countries, but that might just be because Russia doesn't have the power to do that right now.

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 15, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Oh, thanks
Re: From Russia with love by spiralwedge(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2015
dickoflife:
lols yes he pays and. Wherever I am or go to is not ur concern u can't be my father, he has people who do campaigns no time to exchange words with a kid that I am from a fool like u. By the way in nija presently till october then to turkey for a week en route krasnodar. Payed for by stupid tax payers like you. Anything else?

I will trace you out in Krasnodar. thanks for d info
Re: From Russia with love by Ghost01(m): 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
What makes the US military the most efficient military in the world are its aircraft carriers. The carriers help ensure that she can deploy her troops anywhere and anytime within the shortest possible time. The Russians, on the other hand, have more nuclear war-heads than the Americans, and their kalashnikov rifles, more than any other military equipment in the world, help sustain insurgencies around the world. In all, the world needs less military. Imagine if we're all like Costa Rica...
Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ghost01:
What makes the US military the most efficient military in the world are its aircraft carriers. The carriers help ensure that she can deploy her troops anywhere and anytime within the shortest possible time. The Russians, on the other hand, have more nuclear war-heads than the Americans, and their kalashnikov rifles, more than any other military equipment in the world, help sustain insurgencies around the world. In all, the world needs less military. Imagine if we're all like Costa Rica...

what happened in costa rica? u mean they dont have military? shed more light pls
Re: From Russia with love by dickoflife(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
spiralwedge:

I will trace you out in Krasnodar. thanks for d info
your welcome..
Re: From Russia with love by Ghost01(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
uselessgoat:

what happened in costa rica? u mean they dont have military? shed more light pls
Yep, Costa Rica has no standing army. It abolished its military in 1948.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Urges Government To Enforce Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children / Tinubu: I Have No Rift With Buhari, What You Have Been Reading Is Fake News / Thugs Attack APC Secretariat In Umuahia As Party Crisis Deepens (VIDEO/DETAILS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.