Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

From Russia with love - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Russia with love (11991 Views)

Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram / Nigeria Buys New Aircraft From Russia / Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Russia with love by chino11(m): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Defence budget among world leading powers.

Op. Don't dare America. They have all it takes to sink the world militarily.

America's defence budget is 10x bigger than that of Russia and bigger than the rest of world put together.

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
FastShipping:

Packed what bags? Pulling out most of U.S military men doesn't mean they are not there. About 20,000 U.S troops are still in Afghanistan today. It seems you haven't been reading recently.

By the way, how many Russian troops left today in Afghanistan since Afghanistan killed and maimed them in long hard war? The war that bankrupted Russia and Russia had to run away from.

What did America achieve after more than 12 yrs and hundreds of billions of dollars wasted?

The same thing happened in Iraq and Vietnam.

America's are daft at war.

For more clarifications on America's dumbfuckery at war see this thread I made under another handle : https://www.nairaland.com/1522335/american-military-history-brief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by FastShipping: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
WombRaiders:

What did America achieve after more than 12 yrs and hundreds of billions of dollars wasted?

The same thing happened in Iraq and Vietnam.

America's are daft at war.

They achieved death and destruction of enemies' homeland. Lives and properties all gone. Rebuilt of those countries won't be less than 120 years. That's what U.S can do to Russia too.

Just to educate you, U.S prosecuted Iraq and Afghanistan wars with fractions of their military might. Only B52, one flight carrier, few helicopters and about 400k troops prosecuted those two wars. Iraq and Afghanistan were destroyed in less than a week before ground troops even got there. grin grin

Just because you were denied American visa few times shouldn't mean you won't be issued one in the future. Stop the hate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
FastShipping:

They achieved death and destruction of enemies' homeland. Live and properties all gone. Rebuilt of those country won't be less than 120 years. That's what U.S can do to Russia too.

Just to educate you, U.S prosecuted Iraq and Afghanistan wars with fractions of their military might. Only B52, one flight carrier, few helicopters and about 400k troops prosecuted those two wars. Iraq and Afghanistan were destroyed in less than a week before ground troops even got there. grin grin

Just because you were denied American visa few times shouldn't mean you won't be issued one in the future. Stop the hate.

See this old thread of mine https://www.nairaland.com/1522335/american-military-history-brief

It summarizes American military history.

You will definitely enjoy it that I can guarantee.

Looking back I see I was really talented to an extent grin

2 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
WombRaiders:

Tell that to Japan or Iran when they get one
Of course, they want to join the big league.
But as soon as they get one, they would start worrying about protecting themselves from a nuclear attack.
And that is the true test of power.
Btw, nuclear weapons alone cannot save you in a war with US or russia. Nuclear weapons on it own is obsolete.
I don't think russia will bring nuclear weapons into a fight with anybody apart from the US.
The only people they threaten with nuclear weapons is the US because they stand no chance otherwise.

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by FastShipping: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Of course, they want to join the big league.
But as soon as they get one, they would start worrying about protecting themselves from a nuclear attack.
And that is the true test of power.
Btw, nuclear weapons alone cannot save you in a war with US or russia. Nuclear weapons on it own is obsolete.
I don't think russia will bring nuclear weapons into a fight with anybody apart from the US.
The only people they threaten with nuclear weapons is the US because they stand no chance otherwise.

Exactly. If you are so sure of beating me in a boxing match, why should you warn me of your ability to also fight me with knives and machete?

I hope you got my drift grin grin grin

Russia has no chance against the almighty U.S.
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
FastShipping:

Exactly. If you are so sure of beating me in a boxing match, why should you warn me of your ability to also fight me with knives and machete?

I hope you got my drift grin grin grin

Russia has no chance against the almighty U.S.

Did you see the link I provided?
Re: From Russia with love by spiralwedge(m): 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
you guys don't get the whole drift from the op...
just the usual Naija gibberish, na wa o. one even said US military budget is the highest in the world... is that the subject matter? Naija communication/chit-chat style... una think say na APC vs PDP?

what the op is saying is that you can never undermine the Russians. That you can never weigh them until you put them to scale. That the Russians may appear weak, but when it all comes down to action, be ready for a showdown.
That Russians are the most RESILIENT.

NOW, can we stop derailing and get back to the core subject

9 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
spiralwedge:
you guys don't get the whole drift from the op...
just the usual Naija gibberish, na wa o. one even said US military budget is the highest in the world... is that the subject matter? Naija communication/chit-chat style... una think say na APC vs PDP?

what the op is saying is that you can never undermine the Russians. That you can never weigh them until you put them to scale. That the Russians may appear weak, but when it all comes down to action, be ready for a showdown.
That Russians are the most RESILIENT.

NOW, can we stop derailing and get back to the core subject

Tell the mofos for me.

3 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Tkester: 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
If America is so sure of their military prowess, why didn't they attack the Russians during the Cuban missile crisis when the Ruskies downed their B-2 fighter jet? Why did they chicken out.

Why have the Americans not provided the Ukrainians offensive weapons which they promised them a year ago. (Or are they afraid of the repercussion from Russia)

Why are the Americans going bananas over Russians involvement in Syria crisis,....

I feel it's plain stupid for people to be jumping all over the place and be talking nonsense about the Americas military strength which has never won any major war since 1700's, except fighting and decimating the countries of the third world economies.

Even Obama acknowledged that had Putin wanted Ukraine he would have taken it and nothing anybody could do about it!

Dare Russia to your peril, or may be you can ask hitler and Napoleon and they will explain better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by Duru1(m): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Russia is not the most powerful country in the world militarily.
Even putin knows this.
You like russia doesn't mean you should lie to yourself.

You are right on the spot.
Re: From Russia with love by sherrylo: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
what Russia did with Ukraine if it were another country that did that Nato would have invaded the country like they did Serbia.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by dickoflife(m): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
spiralwedge:
I have never seen any citizen of any country as patriotic as the Russians. Others may try but not like the Russians who will sacrifice everything, including giving their lives, to save their country. They kinda worship Russia land like you would worship a god. they have statutes (big or small) for "Motherland Russia" almost in every village and town.

Moreover, history has taught them that they are forever great and the world's alternative.
it is not motherland russia it is 'one russia', 'edinaya rossia' Russia Is my adopted country... Been there and back and going back next year again..
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tkester:
If America is so sure of their military prowess, why didn't they attack the Russians during the Cuban missile crisis when the Ruskies downed their B-2 fighter jet? Why did they chicken out.

Why have the Americans not provided the Ukrainians offensive weapons which they promised them a year ago. (Or are they afraid of the repercussion from Russia)

Why are the Americans going bananas over Russians involvement in Syria crisis,....

I feel it's plain stupid for people to be jumping all over the place and be talking nonsense about the Americas military strength which has never won any major war since 1700's, except fighting and decimating the countries of the third world economies.

Even Obama acknowledged that had Putin wanted Ukraine he would have taken it and nothing anybody could do about it!

Dare Russia to your peril, or may be you can ask hitler and Napoleon and they will explain better.

Russians do not follow any farking Geneva convention - they go in brutal - ram it hard and dry , that's the russian approach and I solidly agree. There is no perfect or easy way to kill your enemy and if you must you will want him to suffer inorder to send shivers down the spines of others. This is the Russian approach to war. Russia never goes to war but Rusdia has always been forced to war. Stup1dity of your enemies requires you respond with double measure of brutality.

Russia does not care hw you label her as long as she still remains.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
chino11:
Defence budget among world leading powers.

Op. Don't dare America. They have all it takes to sink the world militarily.

America's defence budget is 10x bigger than that of Russia and bigger than the rest of world put together.

Corruption and kickbacks

F35 fighter mirrors America's koworpt defense industry.

The US has no answer to the SU-37.

Fact!
Re: From Russia with love by chino11(m): 6:29am On Sep 14, 2015
America with its strongest economy in world has a lot to loose when engaged with another world power that its economy has been on a steady fall due oil price nose-dive.

That said it does not mean that if America is determined to at loose some of its offshore wealth that it will not effectively take out Russia.

Russia is passing through 'hell ' economically at the moment and should America engage them in a war it will be utmost disaster for Russia.

Mind America's military budget is bigger than the rest of the world put together including Russia.

Tkester:

Re: From Russia with love by spiralwedge(m): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2015
dickoflife:
it is not motherland russia it is 'one russia', 'edinaya rossia' Russia Is my adopted country... Been there and back and going back next year again..

so you think you are the only one who has lived there and is going there again? how does that make you an expert on the subject matter?
You know no sh!t... just empty pride.

start from here first >>> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Russia
Re: From Russia with love by bonechamberlain(m): 7:46am On Sep 14, 2015
thanks to the man of the day PUTIN.

2 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Missy89(f): 8:02am On Sep 14, 2015
Wondering why Nigerians love Putin so much
Re: From Russia with love by chronique(m): 8:02am On Sep 14, 2015
I'd take it that you do not understand what happened in Afghanistan. Afghanistan didn't do anything to Russia. They actually invited the Russians to help them quell the threat from the Taliban militia which Osama was part of at that time. What was supposed to be a short operation,dragged on for years because the U.S were secretly funding the Taliban militia with billions of dollars and weapons,so as to upstage the Russians and draw them into a long conflict which would become expensive for Russia and drain them economically. The U.S believed Russia had a hand in their loss in Vietnam,and decided it was a way of paying back the Russians in their own coin. This was made known by a former CIA agent who was involved in the whole thing. I'm not sure if the dude is still alive. I used to love America passionately until I read about the role they played in creating the monster called Osama. Their achievements in Iraq with Saddam and what they have truned Libya into,has finally nailed the coffin. America has been notorious for funding terrorists against govts of nations. Osama Bin Laden was trained by the U.S and used by the Taliban forces to distabilize Afghanistan. Several years later,He became a menace to the whole world and turned against the U.S and that's the reason America preferred killing Osama,than catching Him alive. They never wanted to try him for terrorist actions cos a lot of info that can turn the world upside down,would have been released. You might not like GEJ but I thank God for giving him wisdom not to sit tight at Aso rock cos I'm sure the U.S never had the best of plans for Nigeria. If He had sat tight and allowed violence to occur,I'm very sure I wouldn't have this opportunity to type with you now cos I'd probably be dodging bullets,or running from bomb explosions,or looking for my siblings here and there... Maybe in another 20 years from now,another CIA agent would write and tell us what the U.S planned for Nigeria in 2015.
FastShipping:
Mr. Op who loves to rant about the Arab affairs and American "military weakness", my advice to you is to stop the foolery. On what planet do you reside? Hating America shouldn't make you lose your senses. You have the right to Hate but you should also be able to see clearly when you are crying and have tears in your eyes.

Russia can never, I repeat that Russia can never sustain a long-haul war. Go and learn what Afghanistan did to Russia. Is there any country that can sustain two wars at the same time in a span of 13 years? American military is built to sustain 50 year war on five fronts. America is the gentle giant of military might. Putin knows this very well. When is Putin going to try to engage one NATO nation in a conflict?

If ever a time happens that Russia ends up in military conflict with the U.S, I rather be on the U.S side because Russia is no match to U.S in terms of arsenal. All Russia can boast of are nuclear arsenal that the entire NATO ready to unleash on Russia if Russia ever try to use it.

The U.S has refrained from showing chest muscle like Putin has been doing in the last 12 years. The Americans know what they have and won't brag about it. Putin can keep boasting and keep showing his insecurity and inferiority. Displaying weapon upgrades doesn't mean you have more arsenal than the U.S.

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by pacino26(m): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2015
chronique:
I'd take it that you do not understand what happened in Afghanistan. Afghanistan didn't do anything to Russia. They actually invited the Russians to help them quell the threat from the Taliban militia which Osama was part of at that time. What was supposed to be a short operation,dragged on for years because the U.S were secretly funding the Taliban militia with billions of dollars and weapons,so as to upstage the Russians and draw them into a long conflict which would become expensive for Russia and drain them economically. The U.S believed Russia had a hand in their loss in Vietnam,and decided it was a way of paying back the Russians in their own coin. This was made known by a former CIA agent who was involved in the whole thing. I'm not sure if the dude is still alive. I used to love America passionately until I read about the role they played in creating the monster called Osama. Their achievements in Iraq with Saddam and what they have truned Libya into,has finally nailed the coffin. America has been notorious for funding terrorists against govts of nations. Osama Bin Laden was trained by the U.S and used by the Taliban forces to distabilize Afghanistan. Several years later,He became a menace to the whole world and turned against the U.S and that's the reason America preferred killing Osama,than catching Him alive. They never wanted to try him for terrorist actions cos a lot of info that can turn the world upside down,would have been released. You might not like GEJ but I thank God for giving him wisdom not to sit tight at Aso rock cos I'm sure the U.S never had the best of plans for Nigeria. If He had sat tight and allowed violence to occur,I'm very sure I wouldn't have this opportunity to type with you now cos I'd probably be dodging bullets,or running from bomb explosions,or looking for my siblings here and there... Maybe in another 20 years from now,another CIA agent would write and tell us what the U.S planned for Nigeria in 2015.

Over point kill this your comment. I admire America for their clandestine operations, they're good at it. The KGB has countered their plans in Iran so they decided to dialogue. Jonathan is a small prophet and he was able to foresee their evil intent. Russia with only patriotism is doing well in the military notwithstanding poor defence budget.

Missy89:

He's a better Jonathan in terms that he came from a very humble beginning and rose to the peak of his career and world politics. Try reading his biography.

3 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by Tkester: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2015
Missy89:

Because he's a tough guy.

For me he's my role model, the only world leader I admire!

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by spiralwedge(m): 11:33am On Sep 14, 2015
Missy89:

Tkester:

SAME.

Angela Merkel too (Germany).... so so so strong! (leadership ooo, not military o, before some mofos start to quote me again). Obama is a puzzie
Re: From Russia with love by dickoflife(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
spiralwedge:

so you think you are the only one who has lived there and is going there again? how does that make you an expert on the subject matter?
You know no sh!t... just empty pride.

start from here first >>> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Russia
e pain u abi? go and die.................
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
CSTR2:
lol.
The US is the only nation on earth with 5G fighter. Russia has none. They tried to build one and failed due to very steep cost and unavailable highly advanced tech involve.
The US has more sophisticated jets and in much bigger numbers than russia.
Its navy will swallow russia''s.
The US military budget is more than 50% of the rest of the world including russia.
The fact that the US military industrial complex attracts the best brains from every corner of the world is already enough advantage.
The global face of science and technology in virtually every subsector is America.
The 5G fighters that are failures already?

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

The 5G fighters that are failures already?
The F-22 raptor and the F-35 are the two 5G aircrafts in the world today and both belongs to the US.
The F-22 works perfectly fine. The F-35 is the one with design issues.
The F-35 is so advanced that it still an engineering headache for even its manufacturers who are probably the best and the most advanced defence manufacturing company in the world.
Anyway, the issues will soon be resolved.
Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2015
Tkester:

Call him a pussiie all you want, his nation is definitely not a pussiie.
Saddam, ghadaffi and gorbachev were strong men, yet surrendered to american might.
God bless america.

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
CSTR2:
The F-22 raptor and the F-35 are the two 5G aircrafts in the world today and both belongs to the US.
The F-22 works perfectly fine. The F-35 is the one with design issues.
The F-35 is so advanced that it still an engineering headache for even its manufacturers who are probably the best and the most advanced defence manufacturing company in the world.
Anyway, the issues will soon be resolved.

In the summer of 2012, at the international
Red Flag Alaska training exercise where the
planes were matched against Australian,
German, Japanese, Polish and [NATO]
aircraft, the “most advanced stealth fighter jet
in history, the F-22 Raptor” proved that while
the plane excels at modern long-range air
combat, it is only “evenly matched” with
cheaper, foreign jets when it comes to old-
fashioned dogfights.

http://theaviationist.com/2012/07/13/fia12-typhoon-raptor/

You should also read Raptor Vs Typhoon
Re: From Russia with love by Jorussia(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
The only thing that has worked for Russia over the years,its her extreme weather condition. The war against France(led by Napoleon), and the German invasion of Russia during the 2nd world war,were all won by Russia because of its extreme winter,and nothing more.America has the best military might in the world,and Russia can never stand them. There is no way,that Russia can finance a war against the us,its economy is currently in shambles.

2 Likes

Re: From Russia with love by spiralwedge(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
dickoflife:
e pain u abi? go and die.................

ur papa
Re: From Russia with love by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
FastShipping:

They achieved death and destruction of enemies' homeland. Lives and properties all gone. Rebuilt of those countries won't be less than 120 years. That's what U.S can do to Russia too.

See bad mouth for your last paragraph

1 Like

Re: From Russia with love by CSTR2: 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

In the summer of 2012, at the international
Red Flag Alaska training exercise where the
planes were matched against Australian,
German, Japanese, Polish and [NATO]
aircraft, the “most advanced stealth fighter jet
in history, the F-22 Raptor” proved that while
the plane excels at modern long-range air
combat, it is only “evenly matched” with
cheaper, foreign jets when it comes to old-
fashioned dogfights.

http://theaviationist.com/2012/07/13/fia12-typhoon-raptor/

You should also read Raptor Vs Typhoon
"It is evenly matched in old-fashioned dog fights."
"old fashioned "dog fight more like old fashioned mediocrity.
What makes the F-22 the greatest in the world is not "old fashioned" dogfights.
There are more far important qualities in the F-22 that will ensure its superiority in an air to air combat.
The F-22 will hit you before you even get a chance for a dogfight.
And yes the Eurotyphoon is very good, but i would still put my money on an F-22.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killer Herdsmen: "Defend South-West" - Yoruba Koya Movement Tell Governors / LP Postpones Ondo Rally Over Communal Clashes & Killings Happening In The State / APC Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Three Opposition Parties’ Petitions Against Tinubu’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.