Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering (36928 Views)

How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Demmzy15(m): 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
ademoladeji:

Yeah! A registered Engineer
Happy for you, we're still struggling sha!
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ademoladeji(m): 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Demmzy15:

Happy for you, we're still struggling sha!

Thanks bro. You'll get there in no time

It's a steady process bro.... I can give you a guide whneva needed

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Demmzy15(m): 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
ademoladeji:

Thanks bro. You'll get there in no time

It's a steady process bro.... I can give you a guide whneva needed
Bro please gimme o! shocked I really need it o, I'm going to 300lv and my CGPA is on 3.23,i was playful in 100lv
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ademoladeji(m): 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
Demmzy15:

Bro please gimme o! shocked I really need it o, I'm going to 300lv and my CGPA is on 3.23,i was playful in 100lv

First n foremost, your GP isn't thru test of your ability n intelligence buh then try as much as possible to get to a minimum of 3.50 (2nd class upper)

This is because most multinationals prefer 2.1 grads as well as our locals.

In complement, try to develop/learn some engineering packages as you progress at least b4 you graduate. Packages like autoCAD, Revit Mechanical, StaadPro/Prokon for steel design... You cld learn mechanical service design for buildings, steel tank design for liquid storage (petrol, diesel, water etc), water reticulation system and design, piping network for industries...

My brother, I must congratulate you to have chosen Engineering as profession. We are so dynamic, intelligent, and skillful.

With all these, money will be looking for you.

You can stand on your own with your laptop as your mobile Office.

Do not forget to always seek God's blessings and guidance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Demmzy15(m): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
ademoladeji:

First n foremost, your GP isn't thru test of your ability n intelligence buh then try as much as possible to get to a minimum of 3.50 (2nd class upper)

This is because most multinationals prefer 2.1 grads as well as our locals.

In complement, try to develop/learn some engineering packages as you progress at least b4 you graduate. Packages like autoCAD, Revit Mechanical, StaadPro/Prokon for steel design... You cld learn mechanical service design for buildings, steel tank design for liquid storage (petrol, diesel, water etc), water reticulation system and design, piping network for industries...

My brother, I must congratulate you to have chosen Engineering as profession. We are so dynamic, intelligent, and skillful.

With all these, money will be looking for you.

You can stand on your own with your laptop as your mobile Office.

Do not forget to always seek God's blessings and guidance
Egbon thank you, but where do you work?

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Emyben(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2015
asamaigho:

lemme tell u,d civil engineer can change the architects drawing if such drawings are structurally unattainable,...stop saying what u dont know.

for d op, civil engineering is far more than building houses as this is the least part of civil engineering.

architecture basically is more of an artistic course,while civil engineering has to do more with structural analysis,design and construction of anything ranging from buildings,roads,bridges,dams,stadia,mast,cofferdams to aircrafts and ships.

Have you been jailed before? Go tamper with an Architects sealed drawing and rot in jail. The Architect has the monopoly of his drawings... If he doesnt agree to any alteration, you just have to keep working harder or keep pleading harder.

If you are learned... You would know that even in the literary field, you dont tamper with an academicians work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by asamaigho(m): 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
Emyben:

Have you been jailed before? Go tamper with an Architects sealed drawing and rot in jail. The Architect has the monopoly of his drawings... If he doesnt agree to any alteration, you just have to keep working harder or keep pleading harder.

If you are learned... You would know that even in the literary field, you dont tamper with an academicians work.

in a building project, three things are important,the forth one was recently added for mega projects.
1. structural stability
2.cost
3.aesthetics
4.environmental impact assesment(especially for mega project)
i smh,.....is my post so complex to understand?
anyway let me make more clearer,a building cannot be constructed until it is certified to have meet the engineers requirements as concerning structural stability.
architects are limited to aesthetics and nothing more.....while d engineer is involved with the remaining,so u make use of reasoning properly before u compare an architect(artist) to an engineer.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Emyben(m): 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
asamaigho:

in a building project, three things are important,the forth one was recently added for mega projects.
1. structural stability
2.cost
3.aesthetics
anyway let me make more clearer,a building cannot be constructed until it is certified to have meet the engineers requirements as concerning structural stability.
architects are limited to aesthetics and nothing more.....while d engineer is involved with the remaining,so u make use of reasoning properly before u compare an architect(artist) to an engineer.

You said the engineer can alter the drawings of the architect. I had to disagree with you because the Architect has the monopoly of his drawings. Nobody tampers with it or build otherwise without his permission else the offender goes to jail. Dont forget the Architect is the leader of the building team and wield the most powers immediately after of course the chief financier who is the client. He is there from the brief conception to the commissionig and handing over of the project whereas the Civil Engineer isnt. He supervises and directs the civil engineer to make sure he doesnt deviate from his drawings. He is the mouthpiece of the client and in medium scaled projects serves as the project manager. Go and read about the BUILDING TEAM.

The above criteria you listed, the structural engineer is only relevant in Structural stability while the Architect is relevant in all of the above. He considers cost, considers aesthetics, considers the structure of his building and puts into consideration environmental impact assessment as he does a feasibility study of the brief before designing.

I hope i educated you a bit on few of the numerous roles of an architects. And please, you'v got to know that this is an educative argument, dont tell me to use my reasoning properly as i wasnt insane making my earlier comment. Try to be civilised in your addresses. Thanks
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by neofoo: 11:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
@op architecture is not all about buildings o... There are different aspects but you can only specialize after your ARCON /NIA certifications.. If you are not mentally, psychologically and financially prepared for uncertainties then architecture is not your calling.. And if you feel like you are strong headed and can cope.. Please remind me in your year3 when architecture would have changed your life carrier... In all you can do architecture Undergraduate and post graduate levels and have a second degree of engineering but can't go from engineering back to architecture. But thats after 9-10 years when you have your ARCON/NIA seal... Longer dan engineering or even medicine... Please think it over... Moreova in schools like unilag if you don't have technical drawing / fine art.. Forget architecture even if your father is vc u wont be admitted.. And for civil your further mathematics
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by neofoo: 12:07am On Sep 11, 2015
@asamaigho architecture is more than just art... It is more of the science of the art of designs... please just give your advice and stop this drama.. Advice and give the pros and cons of what you know.. . Like me no matter how stressful it is, i'll always do it in my next life because it exposes you to greater possibilities in life and all you do is solving problems... Thats architecture... It teaches you have to solve problems
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by asamaigho(m): 11:13am On Sep 11, 2015
Emyben:

sorry if u find my 1st sentence offensive,it was a mere response to d jail question u asked.....
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by asamaigho(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
Emyben:

You said the engineer can alter the drawings of the architect. I had to disagree with you because the Architect has the monopoly of his drawings. Nobody tampers with it or build otherwise without his permission else the offender goes to jail. Dont forget the Architect is the leader of the building team and wield the most powers immediately after of course the chief financier who is the client. He is there from the brief conception to the commissionig and handing over of the project whereas the Civil Engineer isnt. He supervises and directs the civil engineer to make sure he doesnt deviate from his drawings. He is the mouthpiece of the client and in medium scaled projects serves as the project manager. Go and read about the BUILDING TEAM.

The above criteria you listed, the structural engineer is only relevant in Structural stability while the Architect is relevant in all of the above. He considers cost, considers aesthetics, considers the structure of his building and puts into consideration environmental impact assessment as he does a feasibility study of the brief before designing.

I hope i educated you a bit on few of the numerous roles of an architects. And please, you'v got to know that this is an educative argument, dont tell me to use my reasoning properly as i wasnt insane making my earlier comment. Try to be civilised in your addresses. Thanks

pardon my spellins incase...please once again i have no intention to ridicle ur profession or ur person.

reading tru ur post makes me laff.
the following can be deduced from ur writeup,corect me if am wrong.
1.dat architects wield powers?....if i may ask,powers to do what?
2.he supervises an direct d engineer? gosh, u can do beta dan dis na,abi na poly u for gragde,dont u know that the main working drawing of a building project is the structural drawings(which indicates the sizes and positions of beams and columns).
3.u said the architect determines cost and i begin to wonder how he will know the quantity of reinforcements and volume of concrete,since his drawing excludes the listed as there are no columns and beams in his drawing.
4.talking about environmental assesment,i wonder u know dat environmental and sanitary eng is a part of civil eng,just like structural eng,transport eng,geotech.
5. if u see a proper architectural plan,u will notice in detail were it states dat some items are 'to be determined by the engineer'
finally i will advice u to go d extra mile to seek proper knowledge on civil eng,this will help u alot.
do ur self a favor of going tru the following links.

I LOVE ARCHITECTURE,BUT
AM PROUD TO BE A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER.
http://www.careerigniter.com/questions/what-is-the-difference-between-architecture-and-civil-engineering/

http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-civil-engineering-and-architecture/

http://civilengineersforum.com/difference-between-architect-and-civil-engineer/

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Emyben(m): 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
asamaigho:

pardon my spellins incase...please once again i have no intention to ridicle ur profession or ur person.

reading tru ur post makes me laff.
the following can be deduced from ur writeup,corect me if am wrong.
1.dat architects wield powers?....if i may ask,powers to do what?
2.he supervises an direct d engineer? gosh, u can do beta dan dis na,abi na poly u for gragde,dont u know that the main working drawing of a building project is the structural drawings(which indicates the sizes and positions of beams and columns).
3.u said the architect determines cost and i begin to wonder how he will know the quantity of reinforcements and volume of concrete,since his drawing excludes the listed as there are no columns and beams in his drawing.
4.talking about environmental assesment,i wonder u know dat environmental and sanitary eng is a part of civil eng,just like structural eng,transport eng,geotech.
5. if u see a proper architectural plan,u will notice in detail were it states dat some items are 'to be determined by the engineer'
finally i will advice u to go d extra mile to seek proper knowledge on civil eng,this will help u alot.
do ur self a favor of going tru the following links.

I LOVE ARCHITECTURE,BUT
AM PROUD TO BE A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER.
http://www.careerigniter.com/questions/what-is-the-difference-between-architecture-and-civil-engineering/

http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-civil-engineering-and-architecture/

http://civilengineersforum.com/difference-between-architect-and-civil-engineer/

Good for loving your profession. If you dont, who will. But my assertation remains true and correct. I told you to make the route a bit more easier. Go to google and type in THE BUILDING TEAM. See what it says and come make an apology. Its good loving your profession but its bad feigning ignorance of the workings of the building industry in order to elevate your profession. Maybe you are mighty in bridges or so but in the building industry... You cant lace the architects shoe. All the popular buildings in the world echoes the name of the architect not the engineer whenever they are mentioned.

We have to start getting honest in arguments. No need for lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ademoladeji(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2015
Demmzy15:

Egbon thank you, but where do you work?

Bros, I work with a water engineering and wastewater management company... We are also into construction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Demmzy15(m): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2015
ademoladeji:

Bros, I work with a water engineering and wastewater management company... We are also into construction
Bros that's nice o and you're well paid?
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Harvard13(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2015
Abimloaded:
[b]Architecture! Architecture!! Architecture!!!

WHY ? Architecture is the best professional course you can ever study. Architects are the Second God because we create what we conceive !

WHICH COURSE IS LIKE UNTO THEE,
ARCHITECTURE? In school they see us
as the most hard working, simply because
ARCHITECTURE keeps us up most
nights. After school, while graduates of other professions
chase
after job vacancies, we tell Job Vacancies how much we
wish to be paid
if they want us to work for them, just because we are
ARCHITECTS. 1st
class? 2nd class? They are all brilliant. But an
ARCHITECT with a Pass
degree will keep you & your wife as staff in his office,
and on salary
- just because he is an ARCHITECTS. Even if we wish
not to work with
anybody, the jobs come right down to our door steps,
just because we
are ARCHITECTS. And while sitting at home, we make
an average of
100,000naira monthly because we are ARCHITECTS,
you think that's
simple? Then resign from your job and try sitting at
home for 4 days
if you ain't one; call me on phone when you've got
airtime. We can
even make an average of 30-40,000naira every 6days
by simply teaching
people softwares we know in ARCHITECTURE or being
involved in
architectural visualization, just because we are
ARCHITECTS. And for
simply scrambling a collection of lines on paper (which
70% of the
world's professors cannot interpret/read), we get paid;
just because
we are ARCHITECTS. We determine if your hometown/
village will find
development, just because we are ARCHITECTS. Those
skyscrapers and
famous buildings you have promised yourself to visit
before you die,
we built them, because we are ARCHITECTS. For
showing you what your
dream house will look like, we get paid even if you
eventually don't
afford to build it, simply because we are ARCHITECTS.
We do not need
CNN and the NTA Network News to tell people what we
do, every single
house we've designed does all the talking, because we are
ARCHITECTS.
The only profession where you work less (literally,
because you
dictate when to work) but earn more -
ARCHITECTURE. The only
profession that allows you to begin your day by 11am
every single day
but earn more than those who work 29hours (+5 ghost
hours) a day.

#TeamArchitecture
#TeamCreativity[/b]
architects are lucky to earn salaries. dey deal with programmes that anyone can learn. dey just draw stuff with other peoples app. my friend makes money drawing plans and he isnt an architect sef

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ademoladeji(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
Demmzy15:
Bros that's nice o and you're well paid?
I'm very okay with my take home

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Demmzy15(m): 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
ademoladeji:

I'm very okay with my take home
That's nice, Goodluck! Anyway, I'll email you if I need any help, hope you don't mind?
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ademoladeji(m): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2015
Demmzy15:

That's nice, Goodluck! Anyway, I'll email you if I need any help, hope you don't mind?

No problem brov... We're brodas

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Demmzy15(m): 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2015
ademoladeji:

Even Namesake!

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by 11michael(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
This is bullshit jor. You fit treat people wey sick. Or you fit make drugs. Stop idolising ur course yo
Abimloaded:
[b]Architecture! Architecture!! Architecture!!!

WHY ? Architecture is the best professional course you can ever study. Architects are the Second God because we create what we conceive !

WHICH COURSE IS LIKE UNTO THEE,
ARCHITECTURE? In school they see us
as the most hard working, simply because
ARCHITECTURE keeps us up most
nights. After school, while graduates of other professions
chase
after job vacancies, we tell Job Vacancies how much we
wish to be paid
if they want us to work for them, just because we are
ARCHITECTS. 1st
class? 2nd class? They are all brilliant. But an
ARCHITECT with a Pass
degree will keep you & your wife as staff in his office,
and on salary
- just because he is an ARCHITECTS. Even if we wish
not to work with
anybody, the jobs come right down to our door steps,
just because we
are ARCHITECTS. And while sitting at home, we make
an average of
100,000naira monthly because we are ARCHITECTS,
you think that's
simple? Then resign from your job and try sitting at
home for 4 days
if you ain't one; call me on phone when you've got
airtime. We can
even make an average of 30-40,000naira every 6days
by simply teaching
people softwares we know in ARCHITECTURE or being
involved in
architectural visualization, just because we are
ARCHITECTS. And for
simply scrambling a collection of lines on paper (which
70% of the
world's professors cannot interpret/read), we get paid;
just because
we are ARCHITECTS. We determine if your hometown/
village will find
development, just because we are ARCHITECTS. Those
skyscrapers and
famous buildings you have promised yourself to visit
before you die,
we built them, because we are ARCHITECTS. For
showing you what your
dream house will look like, we get paid even if you
eventually don't
afford to build it, simply because we are ARCHITECTS.
We do not need
CNN and the NTA Network News to tell people what we
do, every single
house we've designed does all the talking, because we are
ARCHITECTS.
The only profession where you work less (literally,
because you
dictate when to work) but earn more -
ARCHITECTURE. The only
profession that allows you to begin your day by 11am
every single day
but earn more than those who work 29hours (+5 ghost
hours) a day.

#TeamArchitecture
#TeamCreativity[/b]
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by arcnomec(m): 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=asamaigho post=37807205]

Are you sure you are okay?........who gives the structural engineer the designs with which he uses to do his structural design .......the Architect ..........Until the Architect's makes his design ,no structural drawings ,nor Electrical neither mechanical drawings can be made.........This is a fact.......

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by BRAINCRASH(m): 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
OP....If you believe in creativity and great imaginations I advise you to read architecture......
......To be candid the study of Architecture in Nigeria is very tough though when you work hard in school you come out versatile......I am An Architect but I have basic Knowledge of every aspects and dynamics in construction....so also a Civil engineer has basic knowledge in Architectural drawings...In as much as Civil Engineering is vast I Know also that Architecture is vast.....You don't need to be very good in drawings before you become an Architect,....but you must be ready to: -CRACK YOUR BRAIN,
-THINK HARDER THAN OTHERS BEYOND THE USE OF FORMULAR,
- UNDERSTAND BUSINESS STRATEGY.
-BECOME A MANAGER
......My friend You can get lucrative employment from both .......but I think you're more of an Architect.
By getting confused alone tells me you'll make it as an Architect.....Ask me why....
For posting your question here is another prove you'll be good at presentation...and marketing of idea...
Your patience to read all posts and comments proves you'll be patient and dogged enough to actualize your designs....
My Engineer friends respect me more than their colleagues....its nothing to be proud of anyway....but let me conclude by saying these:

Architects understand history.
Architects enjoy life
Architects understand nature...people...activities..etc.
Architects are smart people....the think faster...they think beyond logic...and the see what others cant see.
..............We give other professionals templates with which they work.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ba7man(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
asamaigho:

1. structural stability
2.cost
3.aesthetics
If i tell a structural engineer that I don't want to see any Column for a span of 100m, if he tells me it's not possible, I'll change him.

No one tampers with my designs. angry angry angry

Propose increased beam depths, change structural elements from concrete to steel, change building materials, reduce loading, introduce extra support but dont touch my design.

It's only cost implication that can cause me to back down.
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ba7man(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
BRAINCRASH:
OP....If you believe in creativity and great imaginations I advise you to read architecture......
......To be candid the study of Architecture in Nigeria is very tough though when you work hard in school you come out versatile......I am An Architect but I have basic Knowledge of every aspects and dynamics in construction....so also a Civil engineer has basic knowledge in Architectural drawings...In as much as Civil Engineering is vast I Know also that Architecture is vast.....You don't need to be very good in drawings before you become an Architect,....but you must be ready to: -CRACK YOUR BRAIN,
-THINK HARDER THAN OTHERS BEYOND THE USE OF FORMULAR,
- UNDERSTAND BUSINESS STRATEGY.
-BECOME A MANAGER
......My friend You can get lucrative employment from both .......but I think you're more of an Architect.
By getting confused alone tells me you'll make it as an Architect.....Ask me why....
For posting your question here is another prove you'll be good at presentation...and marketing of idea...
Your patience to read all posts and comments proves you'll be patient and dogged enough to actualize your designs....
My Engineer friends respect me more than their colleagues....its nothing to be proud of anyway....but let me conclude by saying these:

Architects understand history.
Architects enjoy life
Architects understand nature...people...activities..etc.
Architects are smart people....the think faster...they think beyond logic...and the see what others cant see.
..............We give other professionals templates with which they work.
you're on point.

I read up on Michelangelo to Walter groupius, sir Christopher wren, I'm currently obsessed by Zaha Hadid's works now.
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by asamaigho(m): 8:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
ba7man:
If i tell a structural engineer that I don't want to see any Column for a span of 100m, if he tells me it's not possible, I'll change him.

No one tampers with my designs. angry angry angry

Propose increased beam depths, change structural elements from concrete to steel, change building materials, reduce loading, introduce extra support but dont touch my design.

It's only cost implication that can cause me to back down.

finally i see an architect wit brain,.....but always remember that structural stability of a building is more important than mere aesthetics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by globallaw434: 12:32am On Sep 18, 2016
AMMA CONSTRUCTION COMPANY USA
P.O. BOX 22047
Harris, Houston, Texas, USA.

Brief Company Profile
About Gamma Construction Company , founded in 1985, is a commercial general contractor with offices in Houston and Denver with Operations in 30 States.We are general contractor Committed to client of value. The company's Headquarters, located next Houston's Plaza to Green way, is in close proximity to the downtown business district. The two-story , 13.000-square -foot building Consists of offices for its corporate executives, Houston project management and financial staff and administrative personnel.
Gamma Construction Co Inc USA ;Gamma Construction Company USA are having Vacancies for international Employees in civil engineering Construction and oil and gas construction projects, Gamma Construction Co Houston USA safely provides engineering, procurement and construction (EPC)services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power,Civil Construction,oil and natural gas industries.
With a work force tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Gamma is the premier provider in the industries it serves; interested applicants should send their Updated resume/CV. To Director Human Resources Mr Tom Hayes: careergammaconstruction@usa.com

Claire Lenouf
Director Executive
Gamma Construction Company Limited
P.O. BOX 22047
Harris, Houston, Texas, USA.
http://www.gammaconstusa.com
Career at Gamma Construction Comp USA‏
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Mznaett: 11:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
ademoladeji:

Please sir,for a simply supported slab for a room size of 3mX4.5m as per direction of reinforcement, what type of slab will come? 1>way or 2>way slab? Thanks
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ademoladeji(m): 12:07am On Oct 26, 2016
Mznaett:

Please sir,for a simply supported slab for a room size of 3mX4.5m as per direction of reinforcement, what type of slab will come? 1>way or 2>way slab? Thanks

It's a two-way slab....
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Mznaett: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2016
ademoladeji:

It's a two-way slab....

Thanks sir!

But what is the condition attached when calculating the bending reinforcement (K value -member stiffness)
K=m/fcu.b.d.d
And K<0.156?
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by ademoladeji(m): 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mznaett:

Thanks sir!

But what is the condition attached when calculating the bending reinforcement (K value -member stiffness)
K=m/fcu.b.d.d
And K<0.156?

Both are okay....

The first is just a way to get the accurate K value.

K=M/(fcu*b*d^2)
Re: Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering by Mznaett: 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
ademoladeji:

Both are okay....
The first is just a way to get the accurate K value.
K=M/(fcu*b*d^2)

Woa! thanks sir

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum / The Nigerian Engineer And The Oil/Gas Career Mentality / 6 Exceptional Nigerians Who Work At Apple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.