Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,130 members, 7,860,062 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) (31835 Views)

Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) / List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by otokx(m): 6:02am On Sep 10, 2015
Every time we drive iinto Delta state from our Port Harcourt base we end up getting depressed. This is a state with so much potential but the people are content sharing money, putting their relatives in government employment when they do not go to work.

Its almost a hopeless case, when we saw Okowa list of commissioners it became clear its more of political settlement and media propaganda.

His Entrepeneural parade in Sapele is another scam in sharing money.

3 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by DaGC(m): 6:09am On Sep 10, 2015
lacasera14:
Yea right

Thought as much
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by otokx(m): 6:13am On Sep 10, 2015
stpat1:
If this is what you are cying avbout, then you wont survive some roads is ph then. This is like paradise compared to so roads in ph.

Which road in PH? When the media is showing Wike doing the roads or are you saying its Media propaganda?

UNIPORT area alone dwarfs the entire Ughelli that is supposed to rival Port Harcourt, we looked for a comfortable eatery in Ughelli and could not find any (please don't mention Wakyz and Grubz). We had to manage our fuel till we got to Ahoada, Delta state needs a miracle straight from heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by odepacy: 6:36am On Sep 10, 2015
The major blame should go to the contractor and the bad people of Deltans, how cn a senseble human being built house on a water way,(Jakpa road, P.T.I road, e.t.c) sellling on d middle of road (Effurun, hausa market, e.t.c) hw cn niger cat constructed road wit poor water way system

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by Uchwilliam(m): 7:33am On Sep 10, 2015
It means aba is better than warri na
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by ikachi1: 9:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Someone associated people from Delta north with Biafra. This is wishful thinking. We are not and will never be Biafra. Those coming over to Asaba to make noises were from across the bridge and it is high time the authorities stopped these sussessionist from exporting their Biafranism to our lands. Our brothers paid the supreme sacrifices during the coup of 1966 but we know the people that gained from the coup. They were from across the Niger. We don't have the same ancestral history. While we trace our ancestry to Benin, they claim to have emigrated from Israel to Nri.
That aside, the state has been unfortunate in leadership as every leader we have got tend to be involved in competition to better the record of the previous administration in stealing and ineptitude. I hope the present dispensation realises that the state needs a hero right now. It has been a cabal thing all through.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2015
seunmsg:
What happened to the 13% derivation collected by Emmanuel Uduaghan in 8 years?

Thats a very good question, imagine a city that brings revenue to the country what have the governors being doing in the last 8yrs, just plundering and looting the resources.

Indeed there is no honor amongst thieves, warri looks like Porharcourt, Aba, bayelsa and other south south states.

After dem go dey claim say dem better pass the kolanut eaters, obviously not.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by obitryce(m): 9:24am On Sep 10, 2015
I got transfered to warri from ph since 2011 and ever since i've watched how the city warri has been turned into an eyesore as if it was a war zone all due to the contribution of it's clueless and wicked governor and the people of warri themselves. there's hardly any street that is tarred in warri and there's no cooperation amongst the people yet they keep saying "na we own" when describing ownership of things. Their attitude for disposing their refuse on the streets or in a pool of water in the middle of a street or drainage baffles me. I don't know if they expect the refuse to vanish and also their mentality for asking for "deve" as their right when someone tries to bring development to their area or environment is also discouraging. As we speak na only refinery road be the best road in warri presently. Lack of proper drainage system another major issue here. Nigerians na we dey take our hand cause evil for ourselves simple!!

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by hakinze00(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"PMB must fix our road", Quote me anywhere.
dat is the work of the governor not d president because it is not a federal road

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by signz: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2015
0lumide:
Meanwhile there is "capital city development bill". lmao!!!

It's the same shit in the big picture that's in the portrait on a small scale.

Nigeria takes money from ND and develop ABJ while oil producing communities are wretched.

The first bill the thief Okowa passed was "Capital city development bill" to develop Asaba that contributes very very little to nothing compared to Warri..

What do you expect? Okowa is an Asaba man, it's politically wise for him to develop his side b4 looking elsewhere.

I remember when Ibori was Governor, he was accused of developing warri and ignoring Asaba.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by Happykenski(m): 9:38am On Sep 10, 2015
I don't really understand what is happening this State, even Ughelli where I live u can not find any good road apart from the (express road and Isoko road to Market road) no good road for example Afiesere, Akpodiete, Uloho avenue, Amekpa, Otowiewiere,Agbara, etc and d inner street eg prince st. are not mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2015
macdelene:
God will bless this ops that posted this tread. My God I wept last weekend I was in Warri, also took so shots which I wanted to post on Nairaland but was very busy as it when I got back to phc. The past government of delta should be ashamed of themselves. Warri is worst than an eyesore. Ibori did a much more better job. I would remember going to Warri during Ibori tenure and I was very proud to be a waffiran but nw it's in shambles. Its just shows that kind of brains that was in the past government. Okowa should first of all remove all those blockages within two weeks. Warri do not need a BRT buses inside Warri town. In the out skit or to get to the neighbouring villages no problem but their terminal point should be before the round about. Govr Okowa pls wake up
thanks dear. you can still share the pictures too. I am really ashamed of our great oil city being presently neglected by politicians
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by onelife97: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2015
Nigeria na curse country.We the youths can break the curse by uniting and fight thus old men in our politics.

I read the proposed ministerial of Buhari's cabinet,I can't nut weep the more for my dear country.
The same old goats that have bn eating our national yams have bn nominated again for ministerial posts.From Fashola to Amaechi et Al.
Which way my people??

Sobbing....

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by gbemi15: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2015
wristbangle:
The problem is everywhere in Nigeria.
That is not true
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2015
op! na cross river own worse pass
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by tombeh(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2015
The road is even very good to compare to ABA road.....

I pray this new Governor will not be like T.A Orji....

May God liberate Abians from this bondage..

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by fuoski(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2015
justirich:
PHOTO NEWS: VISIT TO MY FATHER/MOTHER LAND, NIGERIA by Stephen K. Dieseruvwe

Delta State: A State With Poor Maintenance Culture and
Lacking Continuity in the Business of Governance
Day 10 - Sunday 22nd August 2015: This was an outing
day to catch up with my childhood friends in Warri. Our
travel route plan was: Ughelli to PTI Junction, via PTI Road through Jakpa Road to NNPC Housing Estate Road to Deco Road linking Warri-Sapele Road to PTI Road enroute Ughelli. To link Jakpa Road from PTI Road the travel time was in excess of 20 minutes because of the failed portion of the dual carriageway by Uvwie market.

There were intermittent pothole sections on the entire route, and the most disheartening section was the Warri-Sapele Road, where you find the ill-planned and ill-conceived BRT scheme. How can a government see such gradual rundown of major roads in a city and seem to turn a blind eye. What are the functions of Direct Labour Agency (DLA)? Is there continuity in government policies, programmes and projects in Delta State?

Governance is about the citizens and making their lives and the environment they live in worthwhile, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The government should as a matter of utmost urgency initiate and declare a state of emergency on potholes on Delta roads. We cannot sit by and watch the infrastructure put in place with huge sums of money waste as a result of poor maintenance culture. The pictures below are just eyesores, period.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=687647538033095&id=100003635665068&refid=52&__tn__=C#

That's effurun market
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2015
savcy:
You all deserve what you are getting. If Uduaghan was eligible to vie for a third term, your sick and deluded selves would still have supported him so long as his opponent was of the APC. Look at the foolery going on in Bayelsa. They want to support a man who has done next to nothing in 3+years. GEJ said they should vote Seriake to avoid shame coming to him and his wife and not necessarily for his developmental strides... Una never jam.
Should dey then vote d former Gov Sylva dat has corruption cases with Efcc because he is in Apc?At least Delta workers a re not suffering like Osun workers dat is under Apc!

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by loswhite(m): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2015
seunmsg:
What happened to the 13% derivation collected by Emmanuel Uduaghan in 8 years?
The man should be arrested. Urhobo and itsekiri ruled for 16years and a small city like warri is still in total mess

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by AzontoGhost(m): 11:53am On Sep 10, 2015
giANT of Africa.
Suffering and Smiling

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by savcy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Should dey then vote d former Gov Sylva dat has corruption cases with Efcc because he is in Apc?At least Delta workers a re not suffering like Osun workers dat is under Apc!

Then live in your suffering...
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
[i][/i]
mmsen:

Most cities in Nigeria have sidewalks.

Delta state is a disgrace on the other hand.

So much money passes through the state coffers but little of it goes where it should.
I have lived in Nigeria before so do not lie to me. Most cities in Nigeria DO NOT have sidewalks. And the few that have a semblance of it have been taken over by encroaching builders, traders and all manners of illegalities that show how typically disobedient to law and order Nigerians are. City building plans and ordinances are clearly not being enforced and from the pictures above you can tell that some buildings will just have to go for the overall benefit of society.

P.S: Also, Nigeria needs to do something about its refuse/trash problem. In this day and age it's a disgrace that most of Nigeria lives in overwhelming filth.

When are you all going to start making your leaders accountable, EVERYDAY, for something other than Rice and Chicken during election season?

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by otokx(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
The filth in Nigeria is of endemic proportions and needs to be addressed by re-education.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by 1dickson(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
Good piece. Funny enough d last governor Emmanuel is a typical Warri man. He could not do any good job; very wicked. Ibori is better.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by mmsen: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
[i][/i] I have lived in Nigeria before so do not lie to me. Most cities in Nigeria DO NOT have sidewalks. And the few that have a semblance of it have been taken over by encroaching builders, traders and all manners of illegalities that show how typically disobedient to law and order Nigerians are. City building plans and ordinances are clearly not being enforced and from the pictures above you can tell that some buildings will just have to go for the overall benefit of society.

P.S: Also, Nigeria needs to do something about its refuse/trash problem. In this day and age it's a disgrace that most of Nigeria lives in overwhelming filth.

When are you all going to start making your leaders accountable, EVERYDAY, for something other than Rice and Chicken during election season?

Which cities have you lived in?

Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Calabar, Uyo and Port Harcourt are all cities with sidewalks. Which cities do you speak of?

I'm sorry that your experiences in Nigeria were so unpleasant (yet you venture a Nigerian forum?) but don't spin tall tales.

Most Nigerian cities (in the south) do indeed have sidewalks. I have yet to visit one that does not.

Also, Calabar is not full of trash, nor is Uyo, Enugu or Abuja. Again, stop with the lies.

You are not qualified to speak of all Nigerian cities, you are clearly wrong about the ones that I have mentioned. If you have issues with particular cities then say which ones but don't label all Nigerian cities the same when they are not.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by coputa(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
Uduaghan was never prepared for the tedious job of governance, he got it on a plater of gold.All what he does are riddled with confusion and foolishness.
The Television that were placed at strategic places in major towns in the state and the street lights that were powered by diesel generators,which cost the state billions of naira monthly are example of a confused governor, not to mention the devilish destruction of Airport road in the name of resurfacing,this was the only good road in warri courtesy Ibori regime
All major link roads in warri are death traps.What did he use the huge allocations given to the state for,to pay for the best governor award,its beyond human comprehension.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by solpat(m): 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
Uduaghan wrecked Delta state. smh

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by April4th(m): 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
Henrypraise:
I will support PMB and be a loyal fan if n wen only Uduaghan is brought to answer for his looting. Uduaghan looted delta dat even ameachi n igbinedion shouted "God forbid".

He destroyed d roads, n built a non-functional pedestrian bridge wit almost 50million at ugbuwangue.

If PMB n apc wants support from d niger deltans, Ameachi, Igbinedion, Uduaghan n Peter Odili shud be prosecuted, jailed n dia loot recovered.

Uduaghan na goat.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by fejikudz(m): 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
obitryce:
I got transfered to warri from ph since 2011 and ever since i've watched how the city warri has been turned into an eyesore as if it was a war zone all due to the contribution of it's clueless and wicked governor and the people of warri themselves. there's hardly any street that is tarred in warri and there's no cooperation amongst the people yet they keep saying "na we own" when describing ownership of things. Their attitude for disposing their refuse on the streets or in a pool of water in the middle of a street or drainage baffles me. I don't know if they expect the refuse to vanish and also their mentality for asking for "deve" as their right when someone tries to bring development to their area or environment is also discouraging. As we speak na only refinery road be the best road in warri presently. [/b]Lack of proper drainage system another major issue here. Nigerians na we dey take our hand cause evil for ourselves simple!!
GOD bless you wella.. i was about to say same thing you said about refinery road.. That road is the only road i know for now in the whole of warri without potholes… And the project started during ibori last year in office and was completed last year december.. on a more simpler note [b] UDUAGHAN USED 8YEARS TO COMPLETE ONE ROAD that was left by his predecessor.. Below is a picture of refinery road
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
mmsen:

Which cities have you lived in?

Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Calabar, Uyo and Port Harcourt are all cities with sidewalks. Which cities do you speak of?

I'm sorry that your experiences in Nigeria were so unpleasant (yet you venture a Nigerian forum?) but don't spin tall tales.

Most Nigerian cities (in the south) do indeed have sidewalks. I have yet to visit one that does not.

Also, Calabar is not full of trash, nor is Uyo, Enugu or Abuja. Again, stop with the lies.

You are not qualified to speak of all Nigerian cities, you are clearly wrong about the ones that I have mentioned. If you have issues with particular cities then say which ones but don't label all Nigerian cities the same when they are not.

If I have "Issues with particular cities"?! I almost didn't reply your rubbish.

Let me break it to you: NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE A SINGLE MODERN CITY!!! All the country has, are: scattered Multi-storey buildings, surrounded by a few mansions and an overwhelming amount of slum dwellings. No effective drainage, electrical wiring is all around dangerous and a proper garbage collection system is virtually non existent ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!!! Basically--- sorry to say this--- a country of very dirty, unhygienic and filthy people.

Anyway, my point is that Nigerian "cities"---in the true sense of the word--- do not exist. At the most, we can call them "Modern Hamlets". But, cities? No.

3 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In The Oil City Of Warri (pictures) by adedayourt(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
ITS FASHOLA'S FAULT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akon Ikpeme: Judge In Bribery Scandal With Melaye Removes Photo From Her Profile / Anambra 2017 Governorship Election Aspirants - Full List / List Of Labour And Trade Unions That Have Shown 100% Solidarity With The NLC/TUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.