Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (114954 Views)

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by tonychristopher: 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
IamAtribalist:
A breakdown of some of Nigeria cultures:

1. Yorubas/Edos/Itshekiris: basically the same people even though they each try to claim that they are different. They are very cultural and very proud people. The Edos/Itshekiris are known to form several opportunistic political deals with their South Western cousins. There is a competition between the Yorubas and the Edos. The both believe that they are the (historical) eldest brother. For this reason, they are both slightly wary of each other.

2. Igbos/Ibibios/Efik: basically the same people. While the Efik hates the Igbos because of the Igbo man's natural domineering/loud attitude, they are actually the same people. Ibibios generally consider the Igbos to be useless trouble makers but they know they are brothers. In the event of a Nigerian breakup the Ibibios and Efik will most likely form a union with Igbos.

3. Hausa/Fulani: the are so similar they coined the same name for themselves. And the always move together as a single political and religious force. Islam is a strong force to tie them together. They despise the Igbos and are also very wary of the Yorubas because of the Yorubas natural affinity for cunning. Basically they hate the Igbos with a passion and have a 100% distrust of the Yorubas.

4. Berom/Idoma: Very similar cultural and share a common border but do not see to have formed a cohesive political coalition.

Thomas Darwin made a mistake ..you just stopped your evolution half way....something of homo erectus ...while others left you to homo sapiens

Now know that your IQ level is at par with orang utan

An Asian monkey

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
tonychristopher:
So how did this village impact in the GDP of ekiti or ilesan

Just asking

Same with Igbo village in Virginia

It impacts the lives of Yorubas and non-Yorubas in America who wants to learn more about the Yoruba culture.

Their value and mission is not to help ekiti or Ilesan people. Their mission is to enrich the lives of people with information. Information is power.

Oduduwa a gbe a o!

6 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
manchy7531:

This is how you invite unwanted guest to your thread and when they start you start crying

BTW, I once heard of a people who chase rat when they house is burning.

Your cities and towns are begging for attention, yet you want to build one in far away land. I hope you guys dont cry when igbos say Lagos is a no mans land and also dont threaten to size their property when they leave for biafra unless you are ready to forfeit your village and other properties all round the world too. I hope you dont intend to build a slum there too

you my friend for engaging in "mad-men's" battle on NL. I hereby recommend you get laid asap before it is too late. grin

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by anonimi: 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
akwabassey:
...and yorrobaland is still rustic like this? smh

Thankfully not everyone is as MYOPIC and narrow-minded as you are, even here on NL.

shineeye:
Igwe kalu ogba house one of the historian site of Abiriba is nearly 100 years old build in 1923

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2621992_abiribahouse1_jpega14a5722078dbe33af5cf3688924d32f

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
[s]
lawanson44:

Show me a more credible link like The New York Times Online or TIMES Magazine not some stupiid blog created by some unemployed "Ad Revenue-Hungry" yorubastard individual living in Ibadan.

I can create a blog, call it WhatsUp Onitsha and hire some white people to write Igbo Language on a board while taking their photos and post it on the blog and say Igbo is studied in China and Syria. We know that their is nothing you yorubastards cannot formulate because you people are so idle!
[/s]

[size=20pt]STFU! YOU JEALOUS SON OF A BIATCH![/size]

11 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
Lol childish, just another dumb kid
Brugge:

Guess you can help with that based on experience. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by lovemealways: 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
Shocking
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ijustdey: 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
proudly Yoruba

always and always

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
[quote author=dunkem21 post=37907001]. Hahaha TOK hily bembestic

Apply condom
an Ilya is hily punk
is neva fit for sacrifice

but not to infinity

this is emuolu oguroola xy feda
b4 I missisipirisse samba the ketekete emuoguro of Nigerians

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

In the heirachy of Slaves the Yoruba presided over the others because of their high level of intelligence and sophistication and that is why their Language and cultures survived in those colonial countries up till date.

Igbo slaves however were third class slaves. They were used for the most demeaning and dehumanizing tasks because they were very good at manual labour that requires no intelligence just like we have in present day Nigeria, hence they had no opinion and their culture and sense of identity was completely balkanized.

grin

A slave is still a slave no matter the position he is put. It's like saying someone is an intellectual illiterate.

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by tonychristopher: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

It impacts the lives of Yorubas and non-Yorubas in America who wants to learn more about the Yoruba culture.

Their value and mission is not to help ekiti or Ilesan people. Their mission is to enrich the lives of people with information. Information is power.

Oduduwa a gbe a o!

I said GDP ...did you miss economic classes
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by SUBWAY101(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Proudly Yoruba. God bless all Yorubas and Odualand.

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Koolking(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Op, your topic and your bragging right make it sounds like Yoruba culture has a place in this American village. From those pictures posted, it looks like there was a celebration of cultural day, which is no different from what other African non-American residents do periodically. Even in Lagos, non-Lagosians (Yorubas) celebrate their cultural day periodically. And this celebrations by non-indigents of Lagos does not in anyway mean their culture has become the mainstream culture in Lagos.

However, there is pride in our distinct cultures. You are right to give yours such prestige.

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Jowonloju(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nice one.so much peace.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

I said GDP ...did you miss economic classes

Can you read?

Their mission statement has nothing to do with Ekiti or Ekiti GDP.

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayusguy:
Lol childish, just another dumb kid

you my friend is it not amazing how we can easily pick out our like in a faceless forum like NL? grin grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
Koolking:
Op, your topic and your bragging right make it sounds like Yoruba culture has a place in this American village. From those pictures posted, it looks like there was a celebration of cultural day, which is no different from what other African non-American residents do periodically. Even in Lagos, non-Lagosians (Yorubas) celebrate their cultural day periodically. And this celebrations by non-indigents of Lagos does not in anyway mean their culture has become the mainstream culture in Lagos.

However, there is pride in our distinct cultures. You are right to give yours such prestige.

Go to the website for more information. Information is power.

7 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by tonychristopher: 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Can you read?

Their mission statement has nothing to do with Ekiti or Ekiti GDP.

OK let me rephrase

How will it empact on the wellbeign of the rural dweller in oshogbo
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
itsIYKE:
My only problem wit yoruba people is dat they smell.......nd they too dey fear....even their shaadow.......apart frm dis I like them
I think this is an individual thing, I've met Igbos who have fear and smell too.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
yoruba being doing big thangs. biafra how market ?

8 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by missKiffy(f): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards
In MI's voice 'bad belle is allowed' grin

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by itsIYKE(m): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
Brugge:

I don't have a wife and my girl friend does not have enough experience to help you out. so my friend with just 500 naira you can get yourself cured. grin
I ll take ur girlfriend shaa.....she s very xperienced....she s been decievin u with dat virginity sh*t

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Thomas Darwin made a mistake ..you just stopped your evolution half way....something of homo erectus ...while others left you to homo sapiens

Now know that your IQ level is at par with orang utan

An Asian monkey

You my friend you need to get laid asap.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

OK let me rephrase

How will it empact on the wellbeign of the rural dweller in oshogbo

Let me iterate for your sake:

Ilekeh:

Their value and mission is not to help ekiti or Ilesan or osogbo people in NIgeria. Their mission is to enrich the lives of people with information. Information is power.
Oduduwa a gbe a o!

It looks like I'm talking to another illiterate ibo youth.

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by dunkem21(m): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by missKiffy(f): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
Drchristian:

Cocain Dealers
Fake drugs
Lagooners
Fake jewish people
Akpu Eaters grin
Baby factories
Terrorist
Holigans
COwards
people's land evaders. "d No man lands"
Flat headed tribe with hammer head of horror yeebos cheesy cheesy
world Crime Dominators grin grin
promiscuous women
only tribe that her females r prostitute
Skin bleachers
Most hated
ritualist
Kidnappers
oil theft

all na yeeebos

You have finish them finish, knock out grin

4 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
itsIYKE:
I ll take ur girlfriend shaa.....she s very xperienced....she s been decievin u with dat virginity sh*t

Trust me I have unpacked it and based on her experience and your level of konji, she can't handle you. You go break my sericoco waist for me ooh. You my friend, deep your hand into your pocket pull out 500 naira note and go get yourself laid ASAP. grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by delishpot: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
Amazing. Its good to know this
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by midolian(m): 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Niqqa your tribe can't measure with the Yorubas It's a known fact so STFU[s][/s]
so you are not igbo? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by betty202020(m): 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:
Booking space, lying await to pounce on anyone that comes here to spew trash about Yoruba.
do they eat ofe nmanu too? i hope they are carnnibals, ooni/oba families understands what i mean! NOTE: I intended to ignor the post but ur response to the thread u created my attention.

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by itsIYKE(m): 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
VenusBetty:
I think this is an individual thing, I've met Igbos who have fear and smell too.
shaa true....but most yoruba pple I ve dealt wit exibited dat trait...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Video Of Oluwo Of Iwo Rolling Weed Released By Chanel Chin, His Ex Wife / Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures / Kalabari People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.