Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,877 members, 7,956,311 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:42 AM

Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager (34580 Views)

Peace Ibekwe Abdallah Promoted To Assistant IG Of Police. Photos / House Keeper Receives New Car For Returning Lost Items To Owner. Photos / What Should Be The Salay For An Assistant Manager Sales In Electrical Field--in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tammie24: 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
hardbody:

I have been reading and was content with it till u started typing this rubbish. I am Igbo. I did all the work as a senior manager reporting to a Director who was a DMD in my multinational. I never for a day coveted his position even though i knew he was deliberately stalling my career growth. In line with what most reasonable people here have said, i did the job and let him take all the glory, that way i protected my job. A day came when he chose to resign and the Board did not think twice about elevating me. I did not become a Director but took over the substantive post that the man kept me acting for 3 years.

My point? Grow up and see things for what they are and stop being tribalistic. Today i have igbos and yorubas reporting to me and they do all the job i used to do then. My role is only advisory and supervisory now with direct interface to the MD, Chairman and the Board. Grow up small girl and also move around a bit and learn about other cultures.
You were blind to the person she quoted but quick to give ur opinion abt her reply to the person
Typical of igbos
Really unfortunate
That's why remain like this in this country
SMH
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by ephi123(f): 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
The poor OP has deactivated, his head must be ringing by now.
OP, I'm sure you will still view this thread, enough advice has been given. I pray you will be wise enough to humble yourself and learn from what others have said. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by exotiqueify(f): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2015
lalaciousfellow:

Bros. U 2 much, u don tell am wetin him wan hear. If him like mke him take d advice. dem advertise 4 Asst manager, u apply, dem take u, nw u don enta, u wan chew more dan u chop. Abi chop more dan u chew. Na wah oooo.

My brother, i be babe o! But eh, d title of d post na im vex me pass...it just attests to d fact that he wants that position at all costs, and could go d extra mile if needed...
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by exotiqueify(f): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2015
alpontif:
Hello House,

I think the OP should calm down and create a career plan, not plot to destroy other's careers. It is the height of idiocy and political naivety to attempt to outshine your direct supervisor, who should be your don, and you the consiglieri or at least caporegime. You guys should be collaborators and not competitors, your manager should see you as his ''boy'', his protege, and not a threat. That is how all the greats did it. Smarten up, be ambitious, but dont be stupid, or envious. Life is unfair, deal with it, the higher you go, the less technical your job becomes, the more managerial and coded it becomes.

To the ethinic Jingoists, have you eaten today?......

Yorubas are not disloyal, we are just pragmatists,and dont like to lose. It is the height of Folly to epeople to serve you at their own detriment, If the story changes, the terms have changed. Be pragmatic.

Igbo people are also practical people, they are not arrogant or envious, they are just ambitious and also hate losing.

We are all human beings first, dont let us colour human weakness with ethnicity.

May God reward u abundantly!!!!
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by spiralwedge(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2015
exotiqueify:

My dear, im an igbo lady, but this is really not good to say to a fellow human, especially a lady.....there is what is called a gentleman's demeanor, u know?.....U make people look down on us with such utterances.......It still beats me what f*****her toto has direct relevance to this shallow-name calling of urs......who ever f**** her isnt really ur business....this is a totally unsolicited point to make, u didnt attack d first person who made mention of it, why attack her now? U have already deviated from the original cause of dis thread!!! Nigerians tribalism will kill us if we arent cautious!!!!

so you are here again causing trouble, giving toto out as usual. The one you are giving here is not enough >>>
www.nairaland.com/1290971/list-out-asewo-joints-area/814#38090762

cc: tonychristopher
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tonychristopher: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2015
spiralwedge:

so you are here again causing trouble, giving toto out as usual. The one you are giving here is not enough >>>
www.nairaland.com/1290971/list-out-asewo-joints-area/814#38090762

cc: tonychristopher

oga i dont do ashawo runs madam
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by marklew: 10:29am On Sep 27, 2015
op i am speechless...but i must say this...you are close to your damnation if care is not taken
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by princehabyb(m): 11:40am On Sep 27, 2015
mrking3:
Bro I don't know you! But I smell Arrogance, Envy and Greed!! I'm sure you'll be doing some sort of eye service so the management can notice you! Bro it doesn't work that way! if I were the management, I would have fired you already because someday, you might even plan to overthrow the CE0 of the company!

God bless you for this!...envy and greed wan dey worry am!...#naija mentality#..i guess he is a yoruba man..**didnt mean to abuse anybody tho**

meanwhile i have this small but mighty gift for you all o...check it out

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Man Begs Nigerians For A Job In Port Harcourt / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? / How To Discover Your Talent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.