Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,190 members, 7,957,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:44 PM

Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager (34584 Views)

Peace Ibekwe Abdallah Promoted To Assistant IG Of Police. Photos / House Keeper Receives New Car For Returning Lost Items To Owner. Photos / What Should Be The Salay For An Assistant Manager Sales In Electrical Field--in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Jamb2016Expo: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
I DON catch you now_ I go tell am make dem sack u
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by rogen(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
You just have to be careful with the decisions you make and steps you take concerning your manager. Either he performs any task or not,he is still the boss,and bosses perform lesser tasks than their surbordinates. You don't know how he got the job and the management that employed him as a Farm manager knew he read Pol science before giving him the post. I bet you will be thrown out of the farm shamefully if you attempt to complain about him. Unknown to you,the farm owner might be his relation or family friend.Take this illustration and ponder on it. This happpened to me less than 8 yrs ago. Fate had brought my first cousin(10 yrs older than I am) and I together in a very popular company in Lagos. I had worked in that company for one year before she was employed as the GM for my department,prior that time she did not know I was working with the company until a month after her assumption. For 2 years, nobody knew that we were related at all,not to talk of being first cousins,this was difficult because she answers her husband name,which was an English name and we are Yorubas. So,there was no atom of suspicion. Within that two years,some wicked elements thait envied her position and achievements would make various stupid comments about her in my presence,while some made series of attempt for her to sack me by running me down with false reports submitted to her.Her tradition is that,she would call you and whomever that castigates you into her office face to face and asked the fellow to table his or her accusation(s) in your presence. You will now look foolish and stupid,and wished the ground open for you to hide inside it.

So, Mr Asst Farm Manager, my short story above should be enough lesson for you to erase every form of insurbordination and envious thought you are nursing in your mind if you don't want to end up in shame,as you might think he is just an ordinary staff there while he is much stronger and connected than you think .Be wise!
StealthIdeals:
I was recently employed in a farm as an assistant manager. I studied animal production and health. The manager studied political science. Since the resumption at the farm, I direct all activities ranging from feed formulation in the feedmill, animal treatments and handling, biosecurity measure, arable farming etc. The management hold meetings with me alone concerning farm reports, feed managements, sales and anything that concerns the farm's progress. They specifically hired me 'cause animal farming is my field. Note that I'm an expert in animal production and health, agronomy, and agricultural economics. So, I see myself as the manager, cause the only thing the manager does is withdrawing money in the banks to procure farm inputs as a result of decisions reached by me and the management. The manager is using official car, but I'm using nothing. I have no problem with him using the car, but I see it as an insult on my person. Should I protest?

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
aspirebig:
Why is the topic misleading? As in "Official car for assistant manager and nothing for the manager"

Op, I don't have much to say, enough said already. Just be careful, because the manager or other management staff of the farm may be reading this topic too.

That is why I aspirebig, what is an official car? By the grace of God, you have a job, thank God for that. He will bless you beyond your imaginations.

Finally, i leave you with this; read Psalm 75 vs 6 and 7 in the holy Bible.
He put the topic that way because according to him, he sees himself as the manager and sees the manager as his assistant.

What an ingrate.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by exotiqueify(f): 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
tonychristopher:

This is one thing I know

Your single and unhappy because of this and I can put my bet on this

You must be a Yoruba lady

Why bring tribalism here

How can some bitchh be this nasty and tardy

Who fuckks ur Toto seff

My dear, im an igbo lady, but this is really not good to say to a fellow human, especially a lady.....there is what is called a gentleman's demeanor, u know?.....U make people look down on us with such utterances.......It still beats me what f*****her toto has direct relevance to this shallow-name calling of urs......who ever f**** her isnt really ur business....this is a totally unsolicited point to make, u didnt attack d first person who made mention of it, why attack her now? U have already deviated from the original cause of dis thread!!! Nigerians tribalism will kill us if we arent cautious!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by obstead200(m): 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
huangcheng:

I am in support of what you said my friend, everyone i have known with a disloyal tendency turns out to be Yorubas. I'm a business man who deals with customs often, i have interacted with many custom officers but i have never seen any as treacherous as the Yorubas. You cut a deal with a team and the Yoruba man goes behind his team to ask you for his personal deal, mostly to outwit his colleagues and get some extra money. It is funny but i always cut the deal with the Yoruba man cos it benefits me but i can never trust or work with a Yoruba man.

Call me a tribalist all you want but the truth still stands. A typical Yoruba man at his work place is not loyal, he's greedy, envious, hate filled and treacherous.
honestly, speaking from personal experience, I am inclined to agree with u.
But I am very reluctant to generalise seeing that I have not interacted with up to 25% of the population of the entire Yoruba race.
But like I said, my gut instinct wants to agree with u fully

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Anamfiok(m): 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
remember the parable Christ paid those employed at the eleventh hour an equal amount with those employed since morning? remember the question Jesus asked those that complained?

you haven't complained that you're being underpaid or that the terms you accepted at employment is not being met...listen to yourself.. you're just envious of someone who's payment doesn't affect yours.
sounds like you'd rather be in his position or better yet get rid of him and earn all the benefits.

slow down being...life is in stages

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by FRANKOXY(m): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
CONTINUE THE WORK. ONE DAY OGA AT THE TOP WILL SEE SOMETHING AND MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS. cool
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by coldFLARES1(m): 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:
So, I sud bone as e dey form manager ova me?
SmH. This is one very dangerous form of envy u are manifesting and it would do u great good to curtail it. Having had experiences working with your type, I can predict how u may end up: u would get fired shortly after u may have provided the template for running the business-including feed formulation, cost effective ways of carrying out operations, best practises, etc- considering that you are the expert presently. Not many business owners may be able to accomodate your infinite capacity for insubordination.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Cityguy: 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hmmmm, very instructional. Haven't seen this kind of bashing from many corners on one individual for a long time on Nairaland. What I take away is that it pays to be humble and contented. Some people don't even have jobs yet and here's the Op coveting. O ga ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by happney65: 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
And Advice for you,Go and Kill your Boss and even the CEO Sef..Kill him with no traces and the company belongs to you.. grin grin No wonder naija never better,Na this Kain people dey rule us sef..Too Bad

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by cytellProperty: 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ehn protest at your risk nah.
StealthIdeals:
I was recently employed in a farm as an assistant manager. I studied animal production and health. The manager studied political science. Since the resumption at the farm, I direct all activities ranging from feed formulation in the feedmill, animal treatments and handling, biosecurity measure, arable farming etc. The management hold meetings with me alone concerning farm reports, feed managements, sales and anything that concerns the farm's progress. They specifically hired me 'cause animal farming is my field. Note that I'm an expert in animal production and health, agronomy, and agricultural economics. So, I see myself as the manager, cause the only thing the manager does is withdrawing money in the banks to procure farm inputs as a result of decisions reached by me and the management. The manager is using official car, but I'm using nothing. I have no problem with him using the car, but I see it as an insult on my person. Should I protest?

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Rogz85(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
mrking3:
Bro I don't know you! But I smell Arrogance, Envy and Greed!! I'm sure you'll be doing some sort of eye service so the management can notice you! Bro it doesn't work that way! if I were the management, I would have fired you already because someday, you might even plan to overthrow the CE0 of the company!

I Couldn't have said it better.
This Niggie is a FOOL
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Phargbemmy(m): 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:

Bro, be contented with what you got and be very grateful that you have a source of income still. There 1million able and more intelligent guys out there with no job. Please let go of pride and open your heart to new knowledge.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by angelofurlife: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
alausaone:
Many are jobless not because they are not expert or educated......but you are fortunate and lucky to have one and still complain....

why not Look at it in this way, Did you know how that company was formed, did you know may be the manger was the one who give the idea of the farming stuff to the owner , The you know sacrifice this humble manager have done since the creation of the company...

Your case is not different to of that of OLaide when regional Manager of the old Intercontinental Bank wish to make me his Petrol station Manager and head of purchase from depot......Olaide is worried because i was a mere petrol station attendant , but my education background and experience from the Oil business can never be compare to him as a fresh graduate ........I sold the idea to his brother because he his my customer I fixed a meeting with him and advise him if he can rent a petrol station bla bla bla I wasn't a graduate them just a school certificate holder but Talk about Business plan and so on ...walahi mio kin se gbee...so please young man i will advise you to just remain the assistant Manager when the time to promote you to Manager you will not be the one to ask your skill and productivity will speak for you....Have a lovely Sunday and remain humble............ Que le Seigneur te bénisse et te garde.....Amen
did you just speak french?
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by datkoded(m): 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
here i am, thinking have seen it all........ this guy fit kill person. God forbid
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by mzjaney(f): 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
protest becos its ur father's company abi?

op u are a greedy, selfish, arrogant and evious being. imagine u saying u were recently employed and u already feel u're to good to be an assistant manager. if i were u, i would pray to God to liberate me from such evil spirit.

Better face ur work and continue as the assistant manager dat u are and stop trying to be what u're not.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by 6fit(f): 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:

guy do yur job and mind yur business. Dat u are employed by d farm is a previlege. Alot of poeple can perform yur role in dat farm. If d management choose to employ Poscience student as manager and u as subodinate, what yur business. Do know if d owner of d farm is a Banker?
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by nwaire: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
I think all this guy is asking for is advise and not insults, its obvious he is a fresh graduate who is over ambitious, tell him how to go about it. And not bash d guy, yeye saints wey full nairaland. Its only a matter of time before d so called manager will be surplus to requirement, if its true he/she is redundant

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tlops(m): 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:
So, I sud bone as e dey form manager ova me?
do the job you were employed for! They knew he does not have background in Agriculture, that is why the employed you to fill the position. his job is administrative.

But if you feel that you know more than your boss then take it with the management.
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by DedeNkem: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
StealthIdeals:

From the limited info you gave, I personally think you're more qualified to be the manager because of your field and expertise. Political science has nothing directly to do with farming, but a political scientist can still contribute in political decisions regarding farming, of course, with the help of people like you.

You need to focus on your job and don't try to disqualify whoever the company employed. The company employed him and to them, there's a reason he's the manager, which you may not be aware of.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tojahh(m): 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
nwaire:
I think all this guy is asking for is advise and not insults, its obvious he is a fresh graduate who is over ambitious, tell him how to go about it. And not bash d guy, yeye saints wey full nairaland. Its only a matter of time before d so called manager will be surplus to requirement, if its true he/she is redundant

Ogbeni no one is playing saint here. We are only saying envy and strife kills more than ebola. Before this "over-ambitious fresh graduate of yours" was employed, I believe there were people working in that farm, vet doctors, security and maintenance guys. These people actually does the "WORK".

How will this ass manager feel if the gateman of that farm cries and lament like this for keeping watch over the farm while he comes in the morning to have meetings with the management? How will he feel when the cleaners asked to be made an ass manager because they are the ones taking actual care of the place?

Bottom line is.... This is a job, everyone was appointed for a reason, do your job, aspire to be best at it and let things fall in place.

Que sera sera.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by buddy014real: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
You must be an ex-ladokite! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by stonecoldcafe: 12:08am On Sep 14, 2015
StealthIdeals:

The political scientist is the manager for a reason. Perhaps it is through connections, sheer luck, something you just dont know about or tribal things. Dont create trouble where there is none. One day you will have your turn. It may not even be in this company but you will rise to the very top with all your experience and educational qualification. God maybe preparing you for bigger and better things ahead. Dont ruin it today, HUMILITY PAYS...

[size=28pt]You are not the manager, there is no car for you now so behave yourself![/size]

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by onoja12: 12:36am On Sep 14, 2015
pride goes before a fall,rather than you thanking God for the privilege .it is greed that you are after was an official car in your contract?my people say when a chicken gets into a new land it stand with one leg until it has mastered the ground

StealthIdeals:

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by mafioso47(m): 6:57am On Sep 14, 2015
Don't do anything stu.pid and unprofessional
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by AkinPikin: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2015
Bros, you needed experience and evidence that you can deliver. This job has given you that. Your time shall come. I have had the same kind of boss too, however my time came. Your time will come. Have you forgotten those days when you were looking for work? When you were borrowing money to do tests and do interviews? Relax. Whether at this current place or at another place, your time will come. Just take it easy, and always respect your boss.

1 Like

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by TatyTan: 10:51am On Sep 14, 2015
I think your protest won't help. You'll succeed in this company only if manager will retire. If you want to develop I recommend you to find a new job as manager, not assistant. I have friend who worked as freelance writer at best rated research paper writing service and dreamed to become redactor here but there were redactor already so she retired and find a dream job in popular magazine!
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by Geesanni: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2015
HE IS ADMINSTRATIVE MANAGER IN CHARGE OF ALL WTH NO SPECIALIZATION,BT URS IS SPECIALIZED
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by SageOfSixPaths: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
The weyrey "spirit-filled" op has de-activated his account.. cheesy grin cheesy

Shame!!! *rings bell*

Shame!!! *rings bell*
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by alpontif(m): 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hello House,

I think the OP should calm down and create a career plan, not plot to destroy other's careers. It is the height of idiocy and political naivety to attempt to outshine your direct supervisor, who should be your don, and you the consiglieri or at least caporegime. You guys should be collaborators and not competitors, your manager should see you as his ''boy'', his protege, and not a threat. That is how all the greats did it. Smarten up, be ambitious, but dont be stupid, or envious. Life is unfair, deal with it, the higher you go, the less technical your job becomes, the more managerial and coded it becomes.

To the ethinic Jingoists, have you eaten today?......

Yorubas are not disloyal, we are just pragmatists,and dont like to lose. It is the height of Folly to epeople to serve you at their own detriment, If the story changes, the terms have changed. Be pragmatic.

Igbo people are also practical people, they are not arrogant or envious, they are just ambitious and also hate losing.

We are all human beings first, dont let us colour human weakness with ethnicity.

2 Likes

Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tammie24: 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
djfiki:
Well, the other man is the manager because the management trusts him with finances.

You are just another useful staff, remember the farm was functional before they employed you.

Gbam!!!
Re: Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager by tammie24: 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
missKiffy:

Sorry o "big man" you didn't see anything wrong in what the dude I quoted said, but you all can come into my own mention and talk, continue
You dey mind the mumu with selective reasoning

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Man Begs Nigerians For A Job In Port Harcourt / How To Discover Your Talent? / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.