Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387263 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
Well noted...Thanks.

BTW, I have a Nigerian account created about a year ago. Just got my first contract last week.

Interestingly, Upwork suspended my account for excessive proposal sending without winning contracts, saying it seems the community has no need of my skills.

I appealled the ban, highlighting the success of my new contract and thankfully, the lifted the restriction.

Just today, I rejigged my profile and skills to reflect more high-demand niches that I can offer. However, I'm taking my time to avoid been tagged for proposal spamming without commensurate result and all.

Really optimistic that my (re)entry into online freelancing will pay off this time.

Thanks a bunch!

wman:

Long proposals tailormade to fit with the project description.

You must do all you can to win the buyer and convince him/her that you are the best person for the job.

Bidding below the price doesn't work most times. They might just see you as incapable for the job.

Bid for jobs that fit your profile the most.

Staying online is a bonus.

Your next account must be a NIgerian account.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 11:31am On Mar 12, 2017
Happy Sunday Fam!

Could you please explain this [screenshot below] to me on Upwork.

Cc jonaboy, wman

Thanks

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pcoolioz(m): 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2017
tolajay:
Happy Sunday Fam!

Cc jonaboy, wman

Thanks

does not really affect you if your account is Nigerian. if its U.S. well....
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2017
It's a UK account.

pcoolioz:

does not really affect you if your account is Nigerian. if its U.S. well....
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
Bring your PAYONEER FUNDS with instant funding of Naira etc.

Fiverr withdrawal also Available

Contact on my Signature. Tested and Trusted
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jonaboy: 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2017
tolajay:
Happy Sunday Fam!

Cc jonaboy, wman

Thanks
I use a UK account and I had no business with that. I think it is for people using US accounts.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 7:43pm On Mar 12, 2017
Whoa! So, how do I approach this one nau?

It's a UK account!

jonaboy:

I use a UK account and I had no business with that. I think it is for people using US accounts.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 5:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
Okay! We're getting there.

I got this message [screenshot below] from Upwork that my first client has paid.

On checking the payment log, I could still see $0.00. Is that meant to be?

Meanwhile, I need a trusted exchanger to help with withdrawing the fund.

I already have m Payoneer details linked to my another account.

Thanks
Cc wman, jonaboy, hisenjos,

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by U1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 13, 2017
tolajay:
Okay! We're getting there.

I got this message [screenshot below] from Upwork that my first client has paid.

On checking the payment log, I could still see $0.00. Is that meant to be?

Meanwhile, I need a trusted exchanger to help with withdrawing the fund.

I already have m Payoneer details linked to my another account.

Thanks
Cc wman, jonaboy, hisenjos,

Congrats, bro. It takes about five days for your earnings to clear. If you check Transaction History you should see the date the money will be cleared for withdrawal.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks bros.

Any link to exchanger? Don't want to use my Payoneer account.

U1:

Congrats, bro. It takes about five days for your earnings to clear. If you check Transaction History you should see the date the money will be cleared for withdrawal.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by U1(m): 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
tolajay:
Thanks bros.

You need to check the Business section of this forum and look through the e-currency thread.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bizzynix: 11:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
tolajay:
Thanks bros.

bro whats up? i am interested in your funds. lets talk on whatsapp 08060342754
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
Buying PAYONEER FUNDS with instant funding of Naira etc.

Fiverr withdrawal also Available

Contact on my Signature. Tested and Trusted
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
It seems Upworks is verifying profiles, because I just verified mine over a Skype call where you are request to turn on your video so they can see your face.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kaycodes: 1:50am On Mar 15, 2017
pcguru1:
It seems Upworks is verifying profiles, because I just verified mine over a Skype call where you are request to turn on your video so they can see your face.

To keep the market sane, they have to do that. Helps everyone on the long run. grin grin grin
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Israelconcepts: 6:39am On Mar 15, 2017
Hi Guys,
Please help me.
My account was permanently banned after video call verification.. I received video call verification notice just few days after changing my profile pic to that of a lady, I got incredible results (more offers). I have an active contract...Should I complete the contract? Will I be able to withdraw payments?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 6:58am On Mar 15, 2017
It's a Nigerian account, right?

pcguru1:
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 15, 2017
tolajay:
It's a Nigerian account, right?

I don't understand the question ? it's an Upwork account is there a Nigerian one ? it's everyone that's getting verified not just Nigerians if that's what you mean
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 8:05am On Mar 15, 2017
What I meant is if you registered and got verified as a Nigerian.

In case you don't know, there are Nigerians who run either a UK/US account. For those, verification becomes impossible when Upwork initiates it for them.

Just to state, verification, at moment, isn't a general phenomenon until your account is marked as suspicious. I have had my account for years (though inactive until recently), but I have not received a directive for video verification.

pcguru1:

I don't understand the question ? it's an Upwork account is there a Nigerian one ? it's everyone that's getting verified not just Nigerians if that's what you mean

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 15, 2017
tolajay:
What I meant is if you registered and got verified as a Nigerian.

In case you don't know, there are Nigerians who run either a UK/US account. For those, verification becomes impossible when Upwork initiates it for them.

Just to state, verification, at moment, isn't a general phenomenon until your account is marked as suspicious. I have had my account for years (though inactive until recently), but I have not received a directive for video verification.

Interesting, I now understand what you mean, I didn't even think of that i have had this account since odesk, I thought it was everyone being verified maybe it's mostly Suspicious accounts i guess. it's even know i realize you must not mention PayPal on the message platform or give out your email
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Tabbaz(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
Payoneer purchase resumes fully

bring all your payoneer fund and get paid instantly

rate: 400/$ for $500 and above

Below $500 is negotiable

thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by topsquino(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2017
Dear Talented Writer:

Hope this message meets you well.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:

This is to notify you that we've a short-term project (a week). This project is expected to last for about a week. As usual, you will get only one article per day. All articles are related directly or indirectly to social media, branding, businesses, entrepreneurship etc.

REWARD: N2,000-N3,000/700-800 words

REQUIREMENTS:

1) If you don't have a stable internet connection or laptop, this project is not for you.
2) If you don't understand the rules of grammar (punctuation marks, tenses etc), this project is not for you.
3) If you have not written articles before, this project is not for you.
4) If you are not a creative writer, this project is not for you.
5) If you are not passionate about writing, this project is not for you.
6) If you are not okay with the price, this project is not for you.
7) If you are looking for somebody to train you on writing, this project is not for you.

NOTE: We need high quality articles. Don't waste your time if you cannot do this. We will not pay you for an average work.

HOW TO GET STARTED:

1) Send samples of your articles to topsquino (at) gmail (dot) com NOTE: change the (at) to @ and dot to . and remove the spaces as well.
2) If we are okay with your samples, we will request you to write a 500-word article test tomorrow. We DON'T pay for TEST
3) If we are okay with your test, we will start outsourcing our articles to you the following day.

Regards

Topsquino
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2017
[Screenshot Below]...That's the kind of work Nairalanders should be gunning for online.

$2,000 Monthly!

Oluwa se te mi be...Ogun $10 per hour ti ko sure ti to baba...Adura!

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bizzynix: 12:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
$1200 PayPal funds for grab, to be sent as fnf. Contact below
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2017
pcguru1:

Interesting, I now understand what you mean, I didn't even think of that i have had this account since odesk, I thought it was everyone being verified maybe it's mostly Suspicious accounts i guess. it's even know i realize you must not mention PayPal on the message platform or give out your email
The bolded isn't exactly true. While it is a violation of Upwork policy to include contact details in your PROFILE, exchanging emails and contact information isn't a violation of that policy as long as it's not done suspiciously. I've exchanged my email, phone number, Skype as well as whatsapp details with numerous clients without any hassles. Sometimes, it's absolutely necessary. Thing is, just don't shoot yourself on the foot. Be smart about how you go about it.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
keishik:

The bolded isn't exactly true. While it is a violation of Upwork policy to include contact details in your PROFILE, exchanging emails and contact information isn't a violation of that policy as long as it's not done suspiciously. I've exchanged my email, phone number, Skype as well as whatsapp details with numerous clients without any hassles. Sometimes, it's absolutely necessary. Thing is, just don't shoot yourself on the foot. Be smart about how you go about it.
In the message section I mean because it even flags any email to warn me. It's not like am making it up. When I get ftp details with a username like email it triggers a warning and I think a request is sent because I notice some http request going from my end to them.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
tolajay:
[Screenshot Below]...That's the kind of work Nairalanders should be gunning for online.

$2,000 Monthly!

Oluwa se te mi be...Ogun $10 per hour ti ko sure ti to baba...Adura!

As in I had one offer like that but na 300 had to let go had too much on my hand. Work and upwork and local side jobs thing.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
pcguru1:

In the message section I mean because it even flags any email to warn me. It's not like am making it up. When I get ftp details with a username like email it triggers a warning and I think a request is sent because I notice some http request going from my end to them.
I don't quite understand what you're saying.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
keishik:

I don't quite understand what you're saying.

In the section where you chat with clients if you type an email it will flag it and warn you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Tabbaz(m): 1:39am On Mar 17, 2017
Tabbaz:
Payoneer purchase resumes fully

bring all your payoneer fund and get paid instantly

rate: 400/$ for $500 and above

Below $500 is negotiable

thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 18, 2017
Read and vote for my article on Leicester City's chances at the UEFA champions league.

http://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2017/03/the-foxes-on-the-road-to-cardiff-001552193.html
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bemagnify: 6:48am On Mar 19, 2017
FIVERR WITHDRAWAL AT AFFORDABLE RATE...... FROM 20$ UPWARD

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.